test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter crashes: Fatal Error Direct 3D driver returned error code

Comments

• Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    This is ridiculous, I don't know what changed but this game's support for AMD graphics cards is practically non-existent right now. It doesn't matter what deal they made with anyone, this is in excusable, this is like saying "oh, sorry, only NVDIA players can play now".

I can hardly even get away with moving the camera or turning around let alone reloading areas without my GPU tanking...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jesswood88jesswood88 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    wow this is stupid, evidently alot of people are having the same issue i am, the d3d error, and have been posting about it in the forums. i have one thing to say. neverwinter wake the heck up and fix your game, its a huge problem when alot of your player base cant even get on the game. this issue should be a major priority right now. and i heard talk of a planned patch on the 23rd? if they wait till then to fix that will be complete bs.
  • Options
    drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    logrooks wrote: »
    Hey what's up guys.

I just recently installed Neverwinter on my awful laptop, not to play it on PC, but because i didn't receive a beta code for the xbox one beta and just wanted to take a look at the races, classes, and customization options before launch. I to got this error code right away and immediately thought it was due to my old laptop until i found this thread and read some of you with high end PC's are having the same problem.

Anyway, i have found the fix for this error which is in fact directly due to Direct X, as the error itself states. All you need to do is install this:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Have fun.

glad it worked for you, no effect for me
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    THis, likewise was an known issue on the Preview Server... Back to loggin in on "Safe Mode" each time to get into game...

what does safe mode do as far as game and graphic performance ingame?
  • Options
    neyvnneyvn Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I tried the fix posted by logrooks and it worked. Thanks for posting that logrooks
  • Options
    optikn1njaoptikn1nja Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    azurie1 wrote: »
    so this error
    jGSqGY6.png

is sorta fixable by using safe mode?

Hey I think i have found how.....try this and see if it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO1PslvjOVs:)
  • Options
    bandoid1bandoid1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ok, so it downloaded a patch this morning that was something like 278 megs. Now the game won't get past the loading screen...{Edit} So I guess patience is a virtue. Just needed to wait a few minutes... Let's hope the patch fixed things... {2nd edit} still crashing after playing for a while :(
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited April 2015
    akromatik wrote: »

Are your video card drivers up to date? Are you by any chance able to get a screenshot of the issue?

Yes and I have the same bug as everyone else with the same dialog that comes up.
  • Options
    djlrootsdjlroots Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm about to quit this game, every single new patch I got a new issue.

Now it just crashes with no msg at all
  • Options
    koolywampuskoolywampus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    4 days and no fix!?!?! I'm so happy you got the queue problem solved, all those paying customers must be happy. Do you think you could find time to fix this issue? I realize we are only Free To Play, but still. You have dozens of people suggesting workarounds for a problem that is on YOUR end. If you can find the time we would appreciate it.
    Oppohere draconem est preherndere vitam.
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    akromatik wrote: »
    For the 3D Direct issue, we recommend updating you video card's drivers (that has worked for some). If that does not work, please send me a .txt document of a dxdiag of your system that I can send to our developers. The more info we have on this, the sooner we can get it resolved. Thank you!.

Hi Akro,

How should we send this to you?
  • Options
    jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My machine is less than 6 months old. Prior to April 9th patch everything was fine. I little lag but nothing unusual for a launch of a new mod. Post patch? Fatal error directx yada yada and crash. Ive updated this, force verified that, trouble-shoot the other thing and nada. Sent in a ticket and no response. Visited live chat and answer was "I cannot help you, send in a ticket."

This is tiresome...

PS- I dont blame the devs. I have no doubt in my mind these problems are directly due to the corporate pencil pushers attempting to justify their 6 figure salaries by running the Cryptic suite understaffed.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    guys the fatal error: Direct3d driver returned error code*dxg_error_device_removed) while checking sync query, is listed in the sticky and they are "investigating it". like a lot of us,I cannot play at all. But this is standard procedure. I've been playing a year and a half and this always happens in some form or other. Customer support has answered me twice to say they can't answer me cuz too busy. So don't go trying to fix your puter. it is a cryptic patch problem and until they get done fixing the Xbox problems we are on the back burner. Find something else to do , they will fix it when they fix it, sorry but that's the way it is. It would be nice if they would give notice of the problem so we wouldn't go crazy wasting time trying to fix it
  • Options
    jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Post 100- Big shout out to Optikninja for finding this video, it worked for me!! Im in! Many thanks bro!
  • Options
    februarefebruare Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just got this issue for the first time last night.

Will check out the sticky in a moment, but came through search as this is on both Cryptics Neverwinter and STO.
    I have not tried any of the others I play yet, ...

I thought it was due to me attaching my main account from my desktop to my laptop, which holds my second account, when I went through the ARC DEFENDER and got the PIN accepted, but this seems a larger issue on investigations.

As I had been playing when my desktop psu gave out, I took a few hours to order up a new psu, and then the "defender pin game" to find this new DXGI_ERROR issue. I went to sleep thinking it was there and I would get it fixed, but ...

I thank everyone for their input of various ways to find a work around for the players. It should not be needed, but we do like to play our games. :)

My systems are always kept up to date on my drivers. Force of habit.

[edit] ARC client works and loads other games without any trouble, just Cryptics.
    Tried ms dx dl from thread start, no good. Still epic _ERROR_ message and failure to load.
    No idea as yet, still, where to send dxdiag(64) .txt to. Can keep searching, but may not.

Good luck to all. I have wasted a lot of time and effort and am pretty tired of it at this time.
    Bugs are common with updates and are expected, but those that are noted in testing should definitely be addresssed before going live.
  • Options
    datura80datura80 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    this is for my account: datura1980 @datura
    as I have previously posted, the following image shows the critical error the game crashes to as I try to load it. At this time SAFE MODE is not working and I CANNOT play neverwinter.
    V2Ke4Wu.jpg

I have included the link for a dxdiag: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2rMWhIAH7CxYVBsOFgwZzhuMWc/view?usp=sharing

I would love to be back playing NEVERWINTER, please give feedback as to what my next step should look like, thanks in advance.
  • Options
    datura80datura80 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    this is for my account: datura1980 @datura
    as I have previously posted, the following image shows the critical error the game crashes to as I try to load it. At this time SAFE MODE is not working and I CANNOT play neverwinter.
    V2Ke4Wu.jpg

I have included the link for a dxdiag: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2rMWhIAH7CxYVBsOFgwZzhuMWc/view?usp=sharing

I would love to be back playing NEVERWINTER, please give feedback as to what my next step should look like, thanks in advance.
  • Options
    rinawynrinawyn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've been getting the same error code as datura80, I'm posting a link with my dxdiag file:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B48isYVsxLqSSlNHbGVEQmg2akE/view?usp=sharing
  • Options
    yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah,i'm getting the very same Direct3D error,but luckily i don't crash all the time but only on occassion.When it happens though it's annoying especially if i'm about to loot a chest or in the middle of a dungeon.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • Options
    emt27emt27 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    been waiting since Thur for a fix... In the same boat as the rest, even tried on 2 different computers... (was able to play prior to Thur patch)
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • Options
    brynicstormbornbrynicstormborn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2015
    str8slayer wrote: »
    This is ridiculous, I don't know what changed but this game's support for AMD graphics cards is practically non-existent right now. It doesn't matter what deal they made with anyone, this is in excusable, this is like saying "oh, sorry, only NVDIA players can play now".

I can hardly even get away with moving the camera or turning around let alone reloading areas without my GPU tanking...

Its NOT just AMD cards. Both my wife's desktop (nVidia GTX 570) and now my alienware (GTX 860M) are having issues.
    - B
  • Options
    braveironheart9braveironheart9 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ehhhhhhwat wrote: »
    Try put this in command line in options in launcher while starting game:

-d3d11Enable 0

for a few days now been have major issues trying to login each and every time fatal error either creating a vertex buffer or checking sync query. This started the day before patch day so hoped the patch would address .... obviously it didn`t. however saw this command line entry and tried it :) and for the first time been able to get past the loading screen and can now see the character choice page :)

thank you for what seams to be a simple fix. I would love to know what caused the error to happen!!!
  • Options
    oobacratisoobacratis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Don't know if this helps you developers out but I too have not been able to start the game up due to the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED. However, on Friday night when I tried to start the game again the game prompted me that the video settings were cleared and the game worked. Then the next day and still now it is the same original error.

How and where do i clear out the settings for the game on my system?
  • Options
    createddevilcreateddevil Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    AMD Radeon R9 295x2 from MSI beast of a GPU and it keeps crashing while there is combat in game, sometimes during the launcher. Every driver is up to date.

I also have a second PC with a Nvidia GTX970 gaming from MSI and the game works perfectly so I get the painful feeling of how the dice rolls with this company.

Plz just fix it.
  • Options
    jappethebreadjappethebread Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My girlfriend has been playing the Xbox One all day so I thought I could spend some time going back to Neverwinter on PC when I can't play it on Xbox One. But no. I'm getting that Direct3D error as well. DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED and DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

I have GTX 970, 16GB DDR4 and i7 5820k so it should run perfectly. Well it did a few weeks back but not anymore.

I can't even launch the game to change the settings. It loads the CRYPTIC logo and then black screen with a white square in upper left corner. Doesn't help if I wait...
  • Options
    bandoid1bandoid1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Actually the game seems now to have stabilized for me on both computers running r9 290 cards. *fingers crossed* Edit: I take it back. The game just crashed on me. However it's definitely better if, as suggested earlier in the thread, I use the command line option -d3d11Enable 0
  • Options
    emt27emt27 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ehhhhhhwat wrote: »
    Okay after 8 hours of googling , reviewing countless posts and attempting countless tries I found this posted in some old post by Sominator:

1. Run the Neverwinter launcher.
    2. Open the Options dialog.
    3. Add the following to the Advanced command line field: -d3d11Enable 0

So what I did to manage to get to character screen was:

I only had launch in safe mode option selected
    &
    Had this put into command line: -d3d11Enable 0

Hope it works for you guys to ^^

thanks to ehhhhhhhhwat for this... at least I can get in... graphics suck, there's tons of lag, and sword coast adventures didn't keep my celestial senergy going (bummer, but figures), but at least I can get in.

I HOPE THEY FIX THIS WITH NEXT UPDATE
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • Options
    warrios72warrios72 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    3 days not play shows error direkt3d knows someone how to fix this problem
    OnlyGodCanJudgeMe
  • Options
    cyencecyence Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My wifes comp is having this issue. Mine is not. Crashes every hour or few. Sad. She loves this game.
  • Options
    sn1983sn1983 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hello,
    Is someone do something with this issue? Sins modul 6 started, I, like most of the other players, can not log in....
    I get this "Fatal Error: Direct3D driver retuned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DIVICE_REMOVED) wile checking sync query.
    Technical Details: Sync query 13 0x911680 GetData ==0x887a0005 0 NF 0
    D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_HUNG 0x887a0006" all the time.
    Can you tell us where this error will be corrected?