Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter crashes: Fatal Error Direct 3D driver returned error code

Comments

• Options
    lilevilielilevilie Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    ninatheaxe wrote: »
    Still not fixed I'm afraid. GameClient.exe is still crashing out.

Login works, get to loading screen with all the company logos then black screen and either gameclient.exe error or a direct3d error.

i also am getting the same error please fix it thank you
  • Options
    akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015

Are your video card drivers up to date? Are you by any chance able to get a screenshot of the issue?

• Options
    espermagicespermagic Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As in boot my computer in safe mode? seems like a pain
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I logged in and was in in PE although it was very stuttery and then attempted to go to ebon downs and the loading screen froze and I had to alt F4. I have been unable to log back in since.

Update: finally let me back in. no idea of stability though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    carverberry123carverberry123 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yea im gettign the same problem i tired verifying files and i still keeep crashing.
  • Options
    firebringeraxel1firebringeraxel1 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My launcher works. I can load the game. The loadscreens go by fine but once the character select screen opens my game immediately crashes to desktop with no error message or fatal error pop-up. Just a "Cryptic Error Handler".

I have verified files each time to no avail. I launched the game in safe mode to no effect either. I'm lost on what else to do. My drivers are all up to date; just checked. If this is some kind of graphical crash I can't turn my gfx settings down because I can't open a menu before it crashes.

Account Name: @firebringeraxel1
    qPgM6AP.png?1
    I am a Storyteller
  • Options
    ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    akromatik wrote: »

Are your video card drivers up to date? Are you by any chance able to get a screenshot of the issue?

This was an issue that was presented on the preview server by many people. Even with up to date drivers it happens. People affected had to use a workaround of logging in with safe mode on. You could go to full screen after the character screen loaded.
  • Options
    smokinskeletorsmokinskeletor Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Mine goes thru the CRYPTIC loading screed then halfway thru the next one screen goes black and says monitor going to sleep.
  • Options
    raistlinmajere00raistlinmajere00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dear mod can you check about the other login problem as well? it's there in general discussion...
  • Options
    bluellbluell Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    The work around for it was to start the game in safe mode...

you cant start in safe mode if the launcher fails to connect 5 times then trys to tell me im not connected to internet wonder how im replying too you no way to try to load in safe mode
  • Options
    eritheyleritheyl Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    akromatik wrote: »

Are your video card drivers up to date? Are you by any chance able to get a screenshot of the issue

lBCx3.jpg

Yes, my software is all up to date. I was playing last night - all night - without a single issue. As stated this has been reported multiple times by multiple people, including those running preview.

Pardon my scathing commentary, but I was really hoping to play on my one day off, after sitting here and waiting...waiting...waiting for the server to come back online, waiting...waiting...waiting for errors to be cleared and files to be re-verified for the twelfth time. I'm just irritated.
  • Options
    sageamdusiassageamdusias Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    When I try to log into the client now that the Mod 6 patch has been released, I can only get as far as the Neverwinter title splash screen. After showing that screen for a few seconds, my graphics driver stops working and has to recover itself, and when it does come back, the client shows a black screen and appears to be non-responsive. Below is a screencap of some errors that would show up on my desktop following the failure:

5fpI4El.png

This is something I haven't seen before today's patch went in, hence my suspicions of a potential connection. Has this happened to anyone else, or could this just be my computer acting up? In the case of the latter, does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this problem so I can access the game?
  • Options
    krystina74krystina74 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Having the same problem..any fix?
  • Options
    eritheyleritheyl Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Still patiently waiting, hoping, praying for even some brief dev recognition on this.

Even just a 'Hey, we're not sure what this is but by golly we're looking!' would be so swell.
  • Options
    mavaticusmavaticus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I know this is so stupid.
  • Options
    datura80datura80 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hello. I have tried a computer restart as well as a full file authentication. As far as I can tell the game has been patched. The error occurs after the criptic loading screen and neverwinter splash screen. Just as the character selection screen is about to pop, the game crashes to the desktop. At the desktop the following image describes the type of error this is.
    Any help with how I should proceed, would be helpful.
    As of now I cannot load the game and play.

V2Ke4Wu
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    http://imgur.com/V2Ke4Wu
    this is the error code
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    V2Ke4Wu.jpg
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Try launching in safe mode.

When you get to the neverwinter login screen, there is an options button in the top right; click it and click option to start in safe mode.
    My only suggestion w/o a technical readout.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    V2Ke4Wu.jpg
    this is my problem as well, crashing to desktop
  • Options
    dem0nscythedem0nscythe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am having the same Issue!!! Someone please help!!!
  • Options
    johnnifiedjohnnified Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    GurPKXq.jpg

Everytime I come out of an instance this happens, or 30 seconds after leaving an instance. Sometimes just walking around. Game crashes, my PC freezes up because of the crash. It is crazy. Why is this happening? This is totally stupid, it makes it so hard to play because of it.

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @ 4.4 GHz
    RAM: 16GB @ 1866MHz
    GPU: AMD Radeon R9 290x 4GB
    Storage: SSD 256GB + 2TB 7,200 RPM HDD (Game is on the SSD)

Pissing me off.

Yes, all my drivers are up to date.
  • Options
    swapilotswapilot Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I get the same message then a message saying my files need to be checked and it will take 10-20 minutes to do so. I have checked them three times now and still the same problem.
  • Options
    cursedforlifecursedforlife Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    swapilot wrote: »
    I get the same message then a message saying my files need to be checked and it will take 10-20 minutes to do so. I have checked them three times now and still the same problem.

this is ******ed, im getting the same thing and nothing is working.