Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter crashes: Fatal Error Direct 3D driver returned error code

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    shawn4333shawn4333 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Fatal error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_REMOVED) while checking sync query. Technical Details: Sync query 15 0x6a3840 GetData == 0x887a0005 0 NF 466 D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006..... happens when it hits the screen with the huge word Neverwinter on it..... cant even get onto the game :( I want to get on and play aswell as get ready for the new module and get back to leveling my paladin that is low level still.... someone please help me, i just want to play the game.
  • Options
    armbanduhrarmbanduhr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zanabe wrote: »
    Hiho guys, open launch -->options--> in command line write -d3d9 save and have fun ;)

OMG This fixed everything!!!!! Ive been ajusting setting on my pc and ingame for over 3 months now, nothing seemed to work to get the game to run smoothly. Its magical. Gonna name my ioun stone -d3d9!!!!!
  • Options
    erwiinnerwiinn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ehhhhhhwat wrote: »
    Okay after 8 hours of googling , reviewing countless posts and attempting countless tries I found this posted in some old post by Sominator:

1. Run the Neverwinter launcher.
    2. Open the Options dialog.
    3. Add the following to the Advanced command line field: -d3d11Enable 0

So what I did to manage to get to character screen was:

I only had launch in safe mode option selected
    &
    Had this put into command line: -d3d11Enable 0

Hope it works for you guys to ^^

IT WORKED FOR MEEEEEEE!!!!! TY FOR THE HELP!! AND ALSO I'm using window mode :D so....if that helps anyone change it too
  • Options
    drakenstrike21drakenstrike21 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    oMEPKaU.png

I'm also getting this problem :/
    Installed the game on my new laptop since my old one broke.
    I'm running windows 8.1

Safe mode works but haven't played much since the graphic somehow became blurry pixel-like
  • Options
    jeffmwillsonjeffmwillson Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 116 Arc User
    necro but relevant
  • Options
    model299model299 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Okay everyone,

The game doesn't run very well under the DirectX 11 system for communicating to the graphics card. To fix this, all you have to do is set the game to run with the DirectX 9 API. You just put -d3d9 in the command line under options. The game actually runs smoother this way and it looks much better too.

After you've got the game running, select the Direct X 9 renderer in the graphics tab of the options, and save the graphics options. This way, when the game starts, you'll use the working renderer. This actually improves the frame rate. It may also be very helpful to disable any MSAA you have running and set it to none.

Lastly, this whole gig was likely employed by someone trying to steal characters instead of building his own. So, you should not stop playing the game because some re-re managed to corrupt the DirectX 11 files that are mirrored by the game through DNS spoofing. You should keep your characters and play under Direct 3D 9. Just put -d3d9 in the command line.

Whiskey Bravo. That's all folks. That fixes the bug.
  • Options
    albus53albus53 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi again, still getting the same pixel render error when using -d3d9 OR -d3d11Enable 0 AND both at the same time and i still get the pixel shader rendering errors in crash, (safe mode enabled, tried windowed and fullscreen) I have DX11 installed as well as DX9 and 10 and have tried every solution i can find/think of and i still get the same pixel shader fatal error. Have tried everything, desperate by this point as i played back in November '15 and wanted to get started again
  • Options
    hfleethfleet Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    ** DX11 and High Shadows always cause crashes for me. **

I lowered and raised the graphics settings and tried to adjust most settings to find the problem, and only High/Med Shadows cause the problem/crashes.

This has plagued me (and a friend I was able to talk to) since the Catalyst 14.12 drivers. We have tried multiple systems:
    Re-installed Windows, different Motherboards, regular and beta drivers.

The problem has persisted through graphics card changes (Radeon R9-290 and R9-290X), different cpus (Phenom II X6, FX-8350 and FX-8370), different MBs (3 Asus and 1 Gigabyte), multiple Windows reinstalls (Windows 7, 8.1, 10 - all x64), and the regular and beta drivers.

Workarounds we use are:
    * No/Low Shadows (dull lifeless look), or
    * DX9 / DX9ex (losing features), or
    * Ancient Drivers (lose many features, unavailable to Win10...)

Please help.
  • Options
    ropparoo#7423 ropparoo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @ninatheaxe said:
    > Still not fixed I'm afraid. GameClient.exe is still crashing out.
    >
    > Login works, get to loading screen with all the company logos then black screen and either gameclient.exe error or a direct3d error.

same here, i started to play about 10 days ago, got a rogue to lvl 5.. now it crash everytime i try to start toplay , the either the 3D graphic "hung" or some other crash.. very annoying.. thinking of removing this game altogether and return to D&D online...
  • Options
    jewby#3513 jewby Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've been getting a fatal error, the same one over and over.
    The game would work for a few minutes--I played a bit of it today, exited the game--came back after an hour or so and it started kicking me out giving me the error of "Fatal Error: Failure flushing (error code: 0x19): 25
    Technical Detail: Failure flushing (error code: 0x19): F/Games/Neverwinter_en/Neverwinter/Live.piggs/texture.hogg: 25

I have went through my files, trying to figure out what was wrong. I looked up how to fix it over and over again, but all I saw what the DRIVE that everyone seemed to have a problem with.
    I went to a stream page, thinking: Maybe this could help, but it didn't. Close, but no.