What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter crashes: Fatal Error Direct 3D driver returned error code

Comments

• Options
    zoharawolf37zoharawolf37 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    At least my old-school Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 don't crash...and it's a nice trip down memory lane. That said, I hope this gets fixed, cos I wanna play my Paladin, dammit.
  • Options
    espermagicespermagic Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The sfae mode work-around has been working for me but its still ridiculous I have to do it.
  • Options
    sithlordgoofysithlordgoofy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i tryed the thread you guys posted and still cant get past the Neverwinter loading screen still crashs ive even tryed going into opions on launcher and still no luck
  • Options
    dracoan1991dracoan1991 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2015
    well im now thinking about it i updated the patch and played the new paladin class fine and other games work fine and my amd is radeon 6290 and its up to date so is direct x which is a dx 11 that appearantly ops on a dx 9 mode but anywho i noticed it stopped working after i logged out but prior to logging out i had altered the graphics card option off of auto that may be where the problem lies now if only i can find that certain file or registry part and test my theory personally.
  • Options
    dracoan1991dracoan1991 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2015
    Well I updated the direct x in the neverwinter folder via the dx setup option it copied a few files and still dint run in a normal manner but what i noticed is it never transfered over to the neverwinter mouse icon it stayed as the desktop and so after a while of it sitting there i clicked it and it froze then and there. maybe it can also be a part to do with the pointer idk just throwing out ideas.
  • Options
    koolywampuskoolywampus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's been a week, any plan to fix this? Hello? Anyone out there? STO and all my other games run fine. This is a new, custom built computer. It ran great before the patch.
    Oppohere draconem est preherndere vitam.
  • Options
    razorlanrazorlan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This seems to have fixed my issue.
    ehhhhhhwat wrote: »
    Okay after 8 hours of googling , reviewing countless posts and attempting countless tries I found this posted in some old post by Sominator:

1. Run the Neverwinter launcher.
    2. Open the Options dialog.
    3. Add the following to the Advanced command line field: -d3d11Enable 0

So what I did to manage to get to character screen was:

I only had launch in safe mode option selected
    &
    Had this put into command line: -d3d11Enable 0

Hope it works for you guys to ^^
  • Options
    platingplating Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm experiencing the same issue as you guys, but my situation is that I get a direct3d error after 20 minutes of gameplay.

I don't know how to fix this, but I'm 99% sure of what is the reason for this errorfest and I think that this includes all of you.

After reading about the direct3d issue (seriously, I google "direct3d error" and there was 3 links about NW, so what is happening here is a well known driver issue. I'm sure a lot of people here like me just downloaded the new AMD beta driver optimized for GTA V. After that, I was getting the direct3d fatal error every 20 minutes of gameplay. I can tell this because this issue just start to happen with me today after I installed GTA V and the AMD beta driver 15.4 for GTA V. So here is my heads up :)

Also, it must be something related to directx, if you installed GTA V, then try to reinstall directx11.

...and no, I haven't fixed this issue.
  • Options
    tira1313tira1313 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ehhhhhhwat wrote: »
    Okay after 8 hours of googling , reviewing countless posts and attempting countless tries I found this posted in some old post by Sominator:

1. Run the Neverwinter launcher.
    2. Open the Options dialog.
    3. Add the following to the Advanced command line field: -d3d11Enable 0

So what I did to manage to get to character screen was:

I only had launch in safe mode option selected
    &
    Had this put into command line: -d3d11Enable 0

Hope it works for you guys to ^^
    I didn't even have to use safemode and this worked for me. Thanks!
  • Options
    perlslmperlslm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    posted this in another thread this one seems to have more people so i thought i would repost here as well.

I had this issue after the patch tried safe mode and no fix . i updated windows and nvidia driver and loaded nvidias newest manager as it turns out that manager is what allowed me to get into the game it has a game optimizer option and it drops the screen resolution down to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> but once i am in game i can change it back to the highest res and im good to go till i close the game only side effect is i cant tab out of game and back in for some reason it drops me to windowed mode and then i have to go into options and change back to full screen and that is a pain due to the fact the cursor placement in the game window is off so by several inches due to the fact the game thinks im still in full screen but i make it work. It seems to have something to do with screen resolution and when switching from the cryptic logo to char select screen thats where i always crashed. if you use this method just remember every time you close the game out and go to log back in you have to hit the optimize button in nvidia manager before launching or you will crash before char select. One thing i have not tried is to turn back down the resolution before i log out to see if the game will then load normally again next time.

....... hope this helps
  • Options
    scarletsapphirescarletsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I keep getting error code 36 a file is locked and cannot be updated and it keeps rebooting
  • Options
    cyencecyence Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DIVICE_REMOVED) wile checking sync query

I tried all the suggestions in this thread and none worked. machine has nvidia gtx660ti and windows 7 64. intel cpu. core 2 quad.

I uninstalled the latest nvidia drivers and let microsoft windows install the default whql driver. No crashing for many hours now. Before, it would crash every 20 minutes.

driver version listed is 347.52 if that helps. It looks like it was released 2015.2.10
  • Options
    boojie39boojie39 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i followed the link given in the first post on this thread. after trying to install it it said you already have a equal or better directx installed on your computer so install was needed. does that mean i still am screwed or is that what i am supposed to see.
  • Options
    tairjatairja Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nothing about the DirectX problems in the patch notes for today. Still no word from Cryptic.
    See you next week...or may be not.
  • Options
    cyencecyence Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    cyence wrote: »
    Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DIVICE_REMOVED) wile checking sync query

I tried all the suggestions in this thread and none worked. machine has nvidia gtx660ti and windows 7 64. intel cpu. core 2 quad.

I uninstalled the latest nvidia drivers and let microsoft windows install the default whql driver. No crashing for many hours now. Before, it would crash every 20 minutes.

driver version listed is 347.52 if that helps. It looks like it was released 2015.2.10

Been running flawless since I rolled back the driver.
  • Options
    caewincaewin Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I tried the DirectX driver fix, but I got the same message about it already being installed. I rolled back my graphics driver. I re-updated my driver. I am currently verifying files for the sixth time today. My sanity may hinge on that command line.

...Nope!

Edit: Safe mode. Thank gods.
  • Options
    gab3gab3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Still doesn't work for me :( , i tried everything i could find , the safe mode nd the command didn't work for me , updated my driver still nothing nd directX i have the latest ... if anyone could give me some hints or something i would greatly appreciate. Thank you
  • Options
    coldbladezzzcoldbladezzz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've got the same problem with the Direct3D error... just since mod6... never had a problem with the previous ones...
    I've tried by using the Steam version instead or Arc and the other way around, uninstalling & reinstalling it, safe mode, the command line, force verify... Nothing seems to work
    If anyone knows something else I could try... all help is welcome! :)
  • Options
    vucdakillavucdakilla Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    still didnt fix the problem
  • Options
    welrakwelrak Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hi i have a problem of crash, i don't have a photo but i write this problem "
    fatal error:direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED)while checking sync query.
    Technical Details:Sync query 11 0x10a17980 GetData = = 0x887a0005 0 NF 0
    D3D11 Device removed due ti DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006
    " thanks for help =D
  • Options
    kur0te0ebekur0te0ebe Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    welrak wrote: »
    hi i have a problem of crash, i don't have a photo but i write this problem "
    fatal error:direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED)while checking sync query.
    Technical Details:Sync query 11 0x10a17980 GetData = = 0x887a0005 0 NF 0
    D3D11 Device removed due ti DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006
    " thanks for help =D

Same problem and the only way to resolve it is to force check all files of the game, which takes 10-30 min or to restart the PC. This is not ok, I need to wait between 5 and 30 min to play. I`m thinking for choosing different game if this is not fixed soon.

P.S. before the Elemental Evil upgrade this issue is was not showing, now it is on steam client and arc client!
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Still can't render shadows on medium or higher without the GPU failing and crashing the client in short order.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drklordtimdrklordtim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I got this problem after not playing for a while and i found out i could run it in safe mode for it to work. It worked for a few days before i started getting the same error in safe mode as well. Ive tried nearly everything. Running as admin, changing compatibility, safe mode, restarting my computer even what the first post said and all that did was tell me i have a newer version installed and nothing seems to work.
    What is causing this Fatal error? Last thing i can think to do is uninstall and reinstall and see if that works.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    So after combining everything in this thread(running as admin in safe mode with -d3d11Enable 0 and compatibility windows 7)
    And I have encountered a brand new fatal error. Error code (D3DERR_DEVICEHUNG). Im tired of this. im just going to reinstall. hopefully it changes.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Doing a complete restore did nothing.
  • Options
    khurgan12khurgan12 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i have the same problem...never happened before the launch of mod6
  • Options
    kur0te0ebekur0te0ebe Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I try on two other laptops with my two other accounts and the problem is the same. For me this means that the game is not playable any more and we need to wait for month or two and then to try again. I see no new patches or updates last 3-4 days and no suggestion for how to fix this issue.
  • Options
    swejuggaloswejuggalo Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Never have Dx issues when going options, display, graphics card = Dx9 ex (restart game). Driver independent bug with Dx11 (ATI 290x myself)