test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter crashes: Fatal Error Direct 3D driver returned error code

logrookslogrooks Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hey what's up guys.

I just recently installed Neverwinter on my awful laptop, not to play it on PC, but because i didn't receive a beta code for the xbox one beta and just wanted to take a look at the races, classes, and customization options before launch. I to got this error code right away and immediately thought it was due to my old laptop until i found this thread and read some of you with high end PC's are having the same problem.

Anyway, i have found the fix for this error which is in fact directly due to Direct X, as the error itself states. All you need to do is install this:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
Some applications and games require DirectX 9. However, your computer includes a more recent version of DirectX. If you install and then run an application or game that requires DirectX 9, you might receive an error message such as "The program can't start because d3dx9_35.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Note: When you run this package, no change is made to your version of DirectX, Direct3D 9, Direct3D 10.x, Direct3D 11.x, DirectInput, DirectSound, DirectPlay, DirectShow, or DirectMusic.

Have fun.
"I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain."
Post edited by logrooks on

Comments

• Options
    falkon85falkon85 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I keep getting this **D3derr_Invalidcall** Error on my laptop sometimes i can get it to run just fine and it will boot up & I can play... but about 99.9% of the Time I get this Error....

Every other game works aion, rift etc

I have tryed different drivers, running adminstrator, verifying and running safemode... And once here in there I can get it to work.. Is there any fix to this?

18DDECC4-AD52-49E1-8AAB-0355734C94F1_zpsuxihbq3y.jpg
  • Options
    wolfekampwolfekamp Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i have the same problem on a amd r9 290 this is a brand new pc build spec amd 8 core 32 gig mem 2x sapphire r9 290 crossfire amd ssd drive 250 gig windows 8.1 i cant get this pc to work normal ? in neverwinter all ohter games work fine and fast please fix this
  • Options
    isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Running safe mode "can find in options" fixes this issue, 90% of the time. On occasion you do crash but its fairly rare for this to happen when running safe mode.
  • Options
    chaseenchaseen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Had the same problem until i found this fix. Did and still works for me.
    Download and install this thing > http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
    Also notice a improve in rendering graphics bug in game. :)
  • Options
    logrookslogrooks Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Lol i posted the link to fix it a couple posts up and you guys still don't know how to fix it?....

Try reading the thread first.
    "I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain."
  • Options
    shaziqueenshaziqueen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    @logrooks

Hey and thank you for the fix, but when i tried to install it it sayd that i already have it installed or have an newer version on my computer, and hence this installation will not continue.

Do i have to remove my previous dx runtime?
  • Options
    mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    logrooks wrote: »
    Lol i posted the link to fix it a couple posts up and you guys still don't know how to fix it?....

Try reading the thread first.

ty this worked for me!
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just got this error for 1st time (~2 years playing game). The only unusual thing i was doing when that happened was watching movie on my second display (connected to second video card). Video playing crashed too, so i guess it was related somehow.
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Guys this is the XXXth thread about this, just telling, what to expect!

Same boat as you all, Nvidia user too. Posted a ton of pictures here on forums.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    swkkingofapesswkkingofapes Member Posts: 0
    edited April 2015
    http://prntscr.com/6qrxlq

Hi can i get help with this error ?
  • Options
    djlrootsdjlroots Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just got this error. I've been playing for the past 2 weeks and just after a patch, I started to get it... any ideas how to solve it? Thanks.
  • Options
    ziggrziggr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi all :) first time in forums here , i see many people have this error with nvidia but i have something different , everytime i start downloading the patch i get blue screen of death , its the only game or program that BSoD me :( (i got windows 8.1 ). If anyone is aware of a solution id love to know :) thanks in advance guys .
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I've been trying to solve as someone told here, but im unable to install directx end user runtime web installer... it's says I got a better version or something like that.
  • Options
    mavaticusmavaticus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree, this is complete garbage. Cryptic please for the love of god do something about this.
  • Options
    thedarinthedarin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What is this? [IMG][/img]Untitled_zps6z1gl9sm.png
  • Options
    ehhhhhhwatehhhhhhwat Member Posts: 52
    edited April 2015
    Have same issue now after mod 6 patch. Every time I try start game safe mode I seem to get those driver error msgs.
    I been playing for good 2 months using safe mode as way to start game with no problems :(
    Does anyone know solution to this ?
  • Options
    mavaticusmavaticus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> we usually deal with when they release a new module. Everytime something new comes up and they take their sweet time to fix it.
  • Options
    azurie1azurie1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9
    edited April 2015
    so this error
    jGSqGY6.png

is sorta fixable by using safe mode?
  • Options
    espermagicespermagic Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just started getting it now after the mod6 patch. Its a real pain.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    azurie1 wrote: »
    so this error
    jGSqGY6.png

is sorta fixable by using safe mode?

it used to be but does not seem to work anymore :(
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    Odd... a friend of mine was a le to bypass it, when I told him how.

Well are you able to to start game via safe mode now after module 6 patch ?
    Cause I can't :( I get that silly error msg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I do have the same problems as you guys, but the weird thing is when I set it up to full window mode it works fine. Try it and see if it works.
  • Options
    espermagicespermagic Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Tried updating all ym drivers and still getting the error. Is this a common problem when they update?
  • Options
    ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same error that occurred on the preview server. Just run in safe mode. Do not make the window any larger until you get to character select screen.
  • Options
    ninatheaxeninatheaxe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Still not fixed I'm afraid. GameClient.exe is still crashing out.

Login works, get to loading screen with all the company logos then black screen and either gameclient.exe error or a direct3d error.