test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter crashes: Fatal Error Direct 3D driver returned error code

Comments

• datura80datura80 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    this is for my account: datura1980 @datura
    as I have previously posted, the following image shows the critical error the game crashes to as I try to load it. At this time SAFE MODE is not working and I CANNOT play neverwinter.
    V2Ke4Wu.jpg

I have included the link for a dxdiag: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2rMWhIAH7CxYVBsOFgwZzhuMWc/view?usp=sharing

I would love to be back playing NEVERWINTER, please give feedback as to what my next step should look like, thanks in advance.
  • datura80datura80 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    this is for my account: datura1980 @datura
    as I have previously posted, the following image shows the critical error the game crashes to as I try to load it. At this time SAFE MODE is not working and I CANNOT play neverwinter.
    V2Ke4Wu.jpg

I have included the link for a dxdiag: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2rMWhIAH7CxYVBsOFgwZzhuMWc/view?usp=sharing

I would love to be back playing NEVERWINTER, please give feedback as to what my next step should look like, thanks in advance.
  • rinawynrinawyn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've been getting the same error code as datura80, I'm posting a link with my dxdiag file:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B48isYVsxLqSSlNHbGVEQmg2akE/view?usp=sharing
  • yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah,i'm getting the very same Direct3D error,but luckily i don't crash all the time but only on occassion.When it happens though it's annoying especially if i'm about to loot a chest or in the middle of a dungeon.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    been waiting since Thur for a fix... In the same boat as the rest, even tried on 2 different computers... (was able to play prior to Thur patch)
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • brynicstormbornbrynicstormborn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2015
    str8slayer wrote: »
    This is ridiculous, I don't know what changed but this game's support for AMD graphics cards is practically non-existent right now. It doesn't matter what deal they made with anyone, this is in excusable, this is like saying "oh, sorry, only NVDIA players can play now".

I can hardly even get away with moving the camera or turning around let alone reloading areas without my GPU tanking...

Its NOT just AMD cards. Both my wife's desktop (nVidia GTX 570) and now my alienware (GTX 860M) are having issues.
    - B
  • braveironheart9braveironheart9 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ehhhhhhwat wrote: »
    Try put this in command line in options in launcher while starting game:

-d3d11Enable 0

for a few days now been have major issues trying to login each and every time fatal error either creating a vertex buffer or checking sync query. This started the day before patch day so hoped the patch would address .... obviously it didn`t. however saw this command line entry and tried it :) and for the first time been able to get past the loading screen and can now see the character choice page :)

thank you for what seams to be a simple fix. I would love to know what caused the error to happen!!!
  • oobacratisoobacratis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Don't know if this helps you developers out but I too have not been able to start the game up due to the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED. However, on Friday night when I tried to start the game again the game prompted me that the video settings were cleared and the game worked. Then the next day and still now it is the same original error.

How and where do i clear out the settings for the game on my system?
  • createddevilcreateddevil Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    AMD Radeon R9 295x2 from MSI beast of a GPU and it keeps crashing while there is combat in game, sometimes during the launcher. Every driver is up to date.

I also have a second PC with a Nvidia GTX970 gaming from MSI and the game works perfectly so I get the painful feeling of how the dice rolls with this company.

Plz just fix it.
  • jappethebreadjappethebread Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My girlfriend has been playing the Xbox One all day so I thought I could spend some time going back to Neverwinter on PC when I can't play it on Xbox One. But no. I'm getting that Direct3D error as well. DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED and DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

I have GTX 970, 16GB DDR4 and i7 5820k so it should run perfectly. Well it did a few weeks back but not anymore.

I can't even launch the game to change the settings. It loads the CRYPTIC logo and then black screen with a white square in upper left corner. Doesn't help if I wait...
  • bandoid1bandoid1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Actually the game seems now to have stabilized for me on both computers running r9 290 cards. *fingers crossed* Edit: I take it back. The game just crashed on me. However it's definitely better if, as suggested earlier in the thread, I use the command line option -d3d11Enable 0
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Okay after 8 hours of googling , reviewing countless posts and attempting countless tries I found this posted in some old post by Sominator:

1. Run the Neverwinter launcher.
    2. Open the Options dialog.
    3. Add the following to the Advanced command line field: -d3d11Enable 0

So what I did to manage to get to character screen was:

I only had launch in safe mode option selected
    &
    Had this put into command line: -d3d11Enable 0

Hope it works for you guys to ^^

thanks to ehhhhhhhhwat for this... at least I can get in... graphics suck, there's tons of lag, and sword coast adventures didn't keep my celestial senergy going (bummer, but figures), but at least I can get in.

I HOPE THEY FIX THIS WITH NEXT UPDATE
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • warrios72warrios72 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    3 days not play shows error direkt3d knows someone how to fix this problem
    OnlyGodCanJudgeMe
  • cyencecyence Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My wifes comp is having this issue. Mine is not. Crashes every hour or few. Sad. She loves this game.
  • sn1983sn1983 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hello,
    Is someone do something with this issue? Sins modul 6 started, I, like most of the other players, can not log in....
    I get this "Fatal Error: Direct3D driver retuned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DIVICE_REMOVED) wile checking sync query.
    Technical Details: Sync query 13 0x911680 GetData ==0x887a0005 0 NF 0
    D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_HUNG 0x887a0006" all the time.
    Can you tell us where this error will be corrected?
  • zoharawolf37zoharawolf37 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    At least my old-school Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 don't crash...and it's a nice trip down memory lane. That said, I hope this gets fixed, cos I wanna play my Paladin, dammit.
  • espermagicespermagic Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The sfae mode work-around has been working for me but its still ridiculous I have to do it.
  • sithlordgoofysithlordgoofy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i tryed the thread you guys posted and still cant get past the Neverwinter loading screen still crashs ive even tryed going into opions on launcher and still no luck
  • dracoan1991dracoan1991 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2015
    well im now thinking about it i updated the patch and played the new paladin class fine and other games work fine and my amd is radeon 6290 and its up to date so is direct x which is a dx 11 that appearantly ops on a dx 9 mode but anywho i noticed it stopped working after i logged out but prior to logging out i had altered the graphics card option off of auto that may be where the problem lies now if only i can find that certain file or registry part and test my theory personally.
  • dracoan1991dracoan1991 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2015
    Well I updated the direct x in the neverwinter folder via the dx setup option it copied a few files and still dint run in a normal manner but what i noticed is it never transfered over to the neverwinter mouse icon it stayed as the desktop and so after a while of it sitting there i clicked it and it froze then and there. maybe it can also be a part to do with the pointer idk just throwing out ideas.
  • koolywampuskoolywampus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's been a week, any plan to fix this? Hello? Anyone out there? STO and all my other games run fine. This is a new, custom built computer. It ran great before the patch.
    Oppohere draconem est preherndere vitam.
  • razorlanrazorlan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This seems to have fixed my issue.
    Okay after 8 hours of googling , reviewing countless posts and attempting countless tries I found this posted in some old post by Sominator:

&

• platingplating Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm experiencing the same issue as you guys, but my situation is that I get a direct3d error after 20 minutes of gameplay.

I don't know how to fix this, but I'm 99% sure of what is the reason for this errorfest and I think that this includes all of you.

After reading about the direct3d issue (seriously, I google "direct3d error" and there was 3 links about NW, so what is happening here is a well known driver issue. I'm sure a lot of people here like me just downloaded the new AMD beta driver optimized for GTA V. After that, I was getting the direct3d fatal error every 20 minutes of gameplay. I can tell this because this issue just start to happen with me today after I installed GTA V and the AMD beta driver 15.4 for GTA V. So here is my heads up :)

Also, it must be something related to directx, if you installed GTA V, then try to reinstall directx11.

...and no, I haven't fixed this issue.
  • tira1313tira1313 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015

&

I didn't even have to use safemode and this worked for me. Thanks!
  • perlslmperlslm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    posted this in another thread this one seems to have more people so i thought i would repost here as well.

I had this issue after the patch tried safe mode and no fix . i updated windows and nvidia driver and loaded nvidias newest manager as it turns out that manager is what allowed me to get into the game it has a game optimizer option and it drops the screen resolution down to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> but once i am in game i can change it back to the highest res and im good to go till i close the game only side effect is i cant tab out of game and back in for some reason it drops me to windowed mode and then i have to go into options and change back to full screen and that is a pain due to the fact the cursor placement in the game window is off so by several inches due to the fact the game thinks im still in full screen but i make it work. It seems to have something to do with screen resolution and when switching from the cryptic logo to char select screen thats where i always crashed. if you use this method just remember every time you close the game out and go to log back in you have to hit the optimize button in nvidia manager before launching or you will crash before char select. One thing i have not tried is to turn back down the resolution before i log out to see if the game will then load normally again next time.

....... hope this helps
  • scarletsapphirescarletsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I keep getting error code 36 a file is locked and cannot be updated and it keeps rebooting
    edited April 2015
    Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DIVICE_REMOVED) wile checking sync query

I tried all the suggestions in this thread and none worked. machine has nvidia gtx660ti and windows 7 64. intel cpu. core 2 quad.

I uninstalled the latest nvidia drivers and let microsoft windows install the default whql driver. No crashing for many hours now. Before, it would crash every 20 minutes.

driver version listed is 347.52 if that helps. It looks like it was released 2015.2.10
  • boojie39boojie39 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i followed the link given in the first post on this thread. after trying to install it it said you already have a equal or better directx installed on your computer so install was needed. does that mean i still am screwed or is that what i am supposed to see.
  • tairjatairja Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nothing about the DirectX problems in the patch notes for today. Still no word from Cryptic.
    See you next week...or may be not.
    edited April 2015
    cyence wrote: »
    Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DIVICE_REMOVED) wile checking sync query

I tried all the suggestions in this thread and none worked. machine has nvidia gtx660ti and windows 7 64. intel cpu. core 2 quad.

I uninstalled the latest nvidia drivers and let microsoft windows install the default whql driver. No crashing for many hours now. Before, it would crash every 20 minutes.

driver version listed is 347.52 if that helps. It looks like it was released 2015.2.10

Been running flawless since I rolled back the driver.