test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stuck at Neverwinter Sign after the patch (CAN'T LOGIN)

Comments

• Options
    smidgysmidgy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How long are you folks waiting before giving up? The reason I ask is that I had this, so I alt-tabbed and left it running whilst I searched to see if anyone had come up with a fix. A full 10 minutes or so later, I noticed the background screen change - and found I had gotten past that screen and was now at the character select. Since then, it's loaded normally, so it looks like, for me, at least, the problem wasn't a complete freeze, it was just loading EXTREMELY slowly.
  • Options
    roman1968roman1968 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2015
    Same thing here. I get to the NEVERWINTER screen, and it stops responding. I'm going to lose coins over this.
  • Options
    vheeshanevheeshane Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    haelra wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem. It loads past the "CRYPTIC" logo onto the Neverwinter splash screen and then freezes. It shows "Material Files Reloaded" in the far lower-left of the screen.

same............
  • Options
    cregavitchidcregavitchid Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I get to a loading screen where it says "Material files reloaded" at the bottom and then the game crashes :(
  • Options
    giillbbeerrttgiillbbeerrtt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm glad I'm no the only one its not launching for for! Something about the game client not responding?
  • Options
    vheeshanevheeshane Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here as well, perhaps its an intended snafu. But I will leave that to the conspiracy theorists of TSW
  • Options
    literaryaceliteraryace Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can't even get the launcher to the point where it will *patch* the game to start with! Somehow it keeps losing the connection to the server (not from my end, I've checked my internet) and I can't get to the point to even show the patch size, much less get it to try to download.

I hold out no hope for the game to launch tonight for me, as it's been at least a half hour or longer waiting for the launcher to get anywhere. Oh yeah, I can't get Gateway to load anywhere. Not on Safari, Firefox or even *shudder* IE.
  • Options
    hydropaunichydropaunic Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "Material file reloaded" screen keeps crashing. Cannot play. Hurrah for patch <.<
  • Options
    mdpoysermdpoyser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Still cant play...stuck on logo screen...drivers all updated
  • Options
    hydropaunichydropaunic Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    soltasword wrote: »
    The patch today has caused a great many of us not to be able to load the game. We can log in but the game doesn't load. There is already a 19 page thread on this issue. The work around suggested in that patch doesn't seem to work for most of us. So until they figure out what they broke and fix it, many of us aren't going to be able to play because the game does not load.

post-mod 6 has been nothing but bugs/issues/problems. Can't even play..
  • Options
    madizmomadizmo Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh well, i'm happy to see there are many.
    Means i shouldn't have to do anything but sit back and wait for the fix.

It has nothing to do with your application, once they have a fix,
    we will more then likely get a new patch to correct this.

I wouldn't get to worried or stressed over it. With the amount of people
    reporting issue, they will address as fast as they can.
  • Options
    gusardgusard Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    vheeshane wrote: »
    Same here as well, perhaps its an intended snafu. But I will leave that to the conspiracy theorists of TSW

running into the same problems as everyone else it seems. can't launch through Arc or any other means. Sometimes get a game client error and sometimes some 3D driver error. I was able to get in briefly this afternoon around 1pm...but was running into sound problems and lots of rubber banding.

If a Dev is reading this...please fix, I am getting the shakes from lack of game play.
  • Options
    yatzolyatzol Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here just the main log in screen no option to start
  • Options
    bmcd73bmcd73 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is there a sub forum for tech questions/answers?
  • Options
    ferrousdogferrousdog Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've got the same trouble trying to log in. It patched when I initially logged in and got as far as where the Neverwinter screen is and then I get a client not responding error. The swordcoast is also currently down although it was up yesterday for me.
  • Options
    deadmaninc84deadmaninc84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yea it's been like this all day I can't get past the Neverwinter log-in screen.
  • Options
    dimrokdimrok Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Any update on this? It's been hours without any comment and a lot of us are still unable to get in.
  • Options
    drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just to make sure im having the same thing as discussed here, my game goes thru the loading screens to the D and G logo and then just minimizes to the task bar. I have to close it thru task manager. That what we're talking about here? happened tonite right after the small patch after mod 6, played yes
    terday after the dxg crash fixed itself. so I should just leave it in the taskbar and wait?
  • Options
    fleurriefleurrie Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    I have been having the same problems, reloaded the game, and still had the same issues. Like a previous poster, I decided to be patient and left it to load - it took about 5 minutes, and now all seems normal. character selection screen with "your video settings are reset to a default" message.
  • Options
    drakcertdrakcert Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    To me it's the same but got bored of looking solution, and leave it hanging for 30-40 minutes when observed, was already in the game .....
    So the solution is to wait a long time to advance XD
  • Options
    pwcross2pwcross2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can log in and launch the game, then I just get the initial cryptic logo (black screen with "cryptic" in big white letters) for about 2 minutes before it crashes giving me the message "fatal error. unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to patch server. the connection was idle for too long." then the cryptic error handler opens. It's been doing this since I first tried logging in around 2pm this afternoon, and still happening now at 11:30pm.
  • Options
    josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same problem as OP for me. Just adding my voice to the masses. :P
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • Options
    freedmusfreedmus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same. Loading screen only. Program not responding.
  • Options
    norisman1norisman1 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yepper Mee Too, Same here, game launches but stick/freezes up at Neverwinter load screen: SO I tried= Hard-Reboot PC: Started a Full Monty, Old School Star Trek, Chief Engineer Mr. Scott "Miracle-Worker", Geordi Laforge, Wesley Crusher and the Time Traveler and Doctor Who+ level III Diagnostic, PC Maintenance, Disk Clean, Defrag, Deep "Anti-Virus-Anti-Malicious Software Across the Board" Boot-Scan+Update All hardware/Software Drivers, SLAP, TAP, & KICK the **** Thing Trick, Pull Hair Out by Roots Last Ditch Effort, Hail Mary, OH HELL For F@#k Sakes "Call 1-800-Help ME Because I am an Ignorant, Stupid, Idiot = Microsoft Tech Support, Call I.S.P. Xfinity/Comcast Tech Support.+

OK Gave Up, Give In and Call "PWE/Cryptic/Arc/Games/Neverwinter Customer Account/Tech Support" 1-800 I am a even more ignorant, more stupid and more idiotic than I thought Monty Python Type Idiot = Explained Problem To 3x PWE/Cryptic/Arc/Games/Neverwinter Tech Support Reps, What I Have Tried To Do So Far = Waited 10 minutes While They 3 way Teleconferenced Therocrafted and Take Best Guess and Their Reply Suggestion & Recommendation Was =

Uninstall ALL PWE/Cryptic/Arc/Games/Files+REBOOT PC+Reinstall all PWE/Cryptic/Arc/Games/Files+ REBOOT PC+ Launch PWE/Cryptic/Arc/Game/D&D Neverwinter Online Game Client = Game Loads & Sarts, gets to Character Selection Screen, Select and Click on New Character Dragonborn Paladin, Click Log in Tab = Game Client Freezes & Crashes to Desktop! = I Am Like TOTALLY AT! WWW.WTF? DOTCOM = I Exit Game, Uninstall all PWE/Cryptic/Arc/Games/Files and Go play Elder Scrolls Online for it's Free Access To All Free To Play Weekend.

P.S. Due to me having almost $4,200.00 U.S.D. invested into this Cryptic Life Time Subscription Account! I Do Hope PWE/Cryptic Dev's & Customer Account/Tech Support Rep's can figure out and FIX this bug/glitch/issue/problem ASAP.

Me Check Back Tomorrow Morning = TTFN!+Good-Bye!, Hasta luego!, Arrivederci!, AwfVederzain!, CHOW! CHEERS! PROST!, BROST X!, SALUTE! :(
  • Options
    rammurrammur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20
    edited April 2015
    gah ok o was a little hasty still needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    rudyrespati25rudyrespati25 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    is it really work?
  • Options
    nyteleenytelee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same problem. Says GameClient.exe is not responding. I looked for a way to run a repair on it, but couldn't find one (like WoW has haha). Was able to play last night, patched today (300-something MB), and now won't load past the Neverwinter page.
  • Options
    gogu79gogu79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    y im stuck too in log on image
    game dont want to move on
    Dragons? On MY Way !!
  • Options
    tanksouptanksoup Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thank god i am not alone, my quit too. Maybe if they get enough people going to quit the game they might do something about it
  • Options
    asdaaffsdfsdfdsfasdaaffsdfsdfdsf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yea i got a same problem, been trying to look for any solution, but nothing works, cant even change any settings cuz it keeps crashing all the time.
This discussion has been closed.