What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter crashes: Fatal Error Direct 3D driver returned error code

Comments

• Options
    ryderstromeryderstrome Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How does one locate the game installation folder?
  • Options
    crankykong64crankykong64 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I got the same thing. I ran it in every compatibility mode from windows 8 to XP service pack 3. XP/SP3 runs the game with no sound. Vista runs the game at about 1 frame every 20 seconds, windows 7 and windows 8 crash at startup. If you don't care about the sound you can just set the game to always be run in compatibility for XP/SP3. Gonna try safemode in windows 8 now.
  • Options
    ryderstromeryderstrome Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I should have been more clear earlier; I tried manually setting the graphics up in-game, but there was no change except on my character sheet for whatever reason.

I have since tried deleting the GamePrefs.pref file, but this backfired on me. Now I can only get Neverwinter to run while my computer itself is in Safe Mode With Networking, and when I do the game runs INCREDIBLY sluggishly on top of having fuzzy graphics. Even after setting the graphics driver down to Direct X 9 (on the Display tab in-game) I cannot load up the game when my desktop is in Standard Mode (?) and I set the game to Safe Mode via the Options tab on the launcher. I used to be able to do this, but now I can't.

*Sigh* This isn't fun. I hope the maintenance tomorrow fixes things.
  • Options
    ladyllothladylloth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am also getting this same error code now, even though I was playing just fine like 4 hours ago. Now I can't get the game to load at all.
  • Options
    charlesnewellcharlesnewell Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Run game in compatibility with windows xp service pack 3 and run as administrator it worked for me
  • Options
    richienah2015richienah2015 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i extraced the files you gave me and put it in the folder where you guys told me to put it in
    it still gives me a error

Fatal Error: Direct3d driver returned error code
    (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query .

Technical Details: Sync query 1 0X1201ba00 GetData == 0x887a0005 0 NF
    D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006

1.ive been playing neverwinter on this Pc a Long time and it stopped working after the New patch

2. i reinstalled windows tottaly over made sure all my updates where up to date and graphics as well

3. i checked my firewall

4. i have no team speak or teamviewer

5. i fixed it on my laptop the same error with the client you guys told us to put it in the folder so that worked
    i dont get why it wont work on this computer i tryed anything that was possibole you guys advised me to do on forums

plz help me so i can play on my normall pc aswell thx
  • Options
    roknorr1roknorr1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Darn. This "fix" worked for me yesterday. But today I still have the "Fatal Error: Direct3D driver" and that fix is not working for me. :(
  • Options
    ehhhhhhwatehhhhhhwat Member Posts: 52
    edited April 2015
    Try put this in command line in options in launcher while starting game:

-d3d11Enable 0
  • Options
    swapilotswapilot Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OKAY, 2 hours of shard mx so I am hoping this problem was fixed. Boy was I wrong. Two days in and I can't log in. Even my patience is being stretched. I am getting the feeling the money I spend is what matters, not my happiness with the product!
  • Options
    innerrevealedinnerrevealed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same prob.. every maintenance has prob what the hell?
  • Options
    babyjmrbabyjmr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So I been working around this by using a previous version of windows. I couldnt get sound but gameplay was fine. Today for some reason its not. I have tried running it in safe mode and adding the -d3d11Enable 0 code in but still not working. I put it my password and game just crashes.
  • Options
    datura80datura80 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    today, in the launcher I am greeted with

Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

so, can't even attempt to load the game to watch it crash.

double lock out.
  • Options
    jezabelsragejezabelsrage Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can't log in period now... says it cant authenticate.... This is AFTER I updated my GC.
    I've re-downloaded neverwinter, I've tried getting it to patch, I've tried about everything I can think of.
    Any suggestions?
  • Options
    datura80datura80 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    datura80 wrote: »
    Hello. I have tried a computer restart as well as a full file authentication. As far as I can tell the game has been patched. The error occurs after the criptic loading screen and neverwinter splash screen. Just as the character selection screen is about to pop, the game crashes to the desktop. At the desktop the following image describes the type of error this is.
    Any help with how I should proceed, would be helpful.
    As of now I cannot load the game and play.

UPDATE: still having same issue, can occasionally get game to run in safe mode but usually crashes within five minutes. I attempted to upgrade direct 11 as has been suggested, the installer reported that my version is upgraded or newer than what's on the website. So directx version is not the problem.

V2Ke4Wu.jpg

2nd issue!!! Today, I cannot even get through the launcher. I am greeted with:
    as I press login. So, now I can't even load the game to watch it crash.
    double lock out.
  • Options
    swapilotswapilot Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    datura80 wrote: »
    UPDATE: still having same issue, can occasionally get game to run in safe mode but usually crashes within five minutes. I attempted to upgrade direct 11 as has been suggested, the installer reported that my version is upgraded or newer than what's on the website. So directx version is not the problem.

V2Ke4Wu.jpg

2nd issue!!! Today, I cannot even get through the launcher. I am greeted with:
    as I press login. So, now I can't even load the game to watch it crash.
    double lock out.

I am having the same exact same problems as well. I am a patient man, very patient, but this is really starting to annoy me.
  • Options
    valynstarfirevalynstarfire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code
    (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while Creating vertex buffer.

Technical Details D3D11 Device removed due to
    DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887z0006

Has been happening during the Cryptic Loading Screen ever since about 1AM EDT. I was playing just fine right before this.

I have verified files, repaired Arc, Un/reinstalled Arc, made sure my graphics driver is up to date, made sure programs are all up to date.
  • Options
    ramarthramarth Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Exact same issue and it won't start in Safe mode nor with -d3d11Enable 0 in the command line. Just getting this Connection timed out and then a request to log in with password and it recycles to the Server connection timed out again.
    :CAN'T GET LOGGED IN!: mad
  • Options
    zyb0rgzyb0rg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I simply cannot get passed the loading screen. I get a GameClient.exe is not responding even loading in safe mode. I did submit a ticket so I am hoping all our issues are fixed soon.
  • Options
    eritheyleritheyl Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    New related problem. Played for a few hours on and off using the -d3d11 workaround, but it seems that gave out on me. With the same approach (safe mode et al), I'll load past the Cryptic screen to the Neverwinter splash, then...sit. Forever. Or at least until I finally click in the window to learn that the application is Not Responding.

Once again unplayable, huzzah!
  • Options
    tasaertasaer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i have been having the same issure
  • Options
    akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    For the 3D Direct issue, we recommend updating you video card's drivers (that has worked for some). If that does not work, please send me a .txt document of a dxdiag of your system that I can send to our developers. The more info we have on this, the sooner we can get it resolved. Thank you!

To create a dxdiag log:
    1. Open the DirectX Diagnostic tool
    * Windows 8.1
    a. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap "Search"; or point your mouse to the upper-right corner of your screen, move the mouse pointer down, click "Search"
    b. Type "dxdiag" (without quotation marks), and then tap or click "dxdiag"
    * Windows Vista/7
    a. Click the Windows "Start" button.
    b. Type "dxdiag" or "dxdiag.exe" (without quotation marks) in the search box.
    c. Select "dxdiag" or "dxdiag.exe".
    * Windows XP
    a. Click the Windows "Start" button.
    b. Click "Run".
    c. Type "dxdiag" (without quotation marks) in the Run window then press "Enter".
    2. Click on "Save All Information as a text file" and save it on your desktop.
    3. Additionally, if you have a 64bit system, please click on the "64bit Dxdiag/DirectX" button to save the correct log file.
  • Options
    trier23trier23 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    took from the upgrade module 6 without power Let's play Neverwinter and tried everything to pass beyond the loading screen and nothing cryptic update my graphics card drivers I install directx all I can no longer do I give surrendered sorry for my bad English is not my primary language.
  • Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    or for win 7/8/8.1 just press the start button on your keyboard, type dxdiag and press enter. instead of doing like zorro swiping left and right. you might poke an eye out that way.
  • Options
    tira1313tira1313 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm getting the same thing. All my video card drivers are up to date, my DirectX is functioning properly, and nothing else is wrong with my graphic cards otherwise. I don't know what else it could be rather than something on Cryptic's side.
  • Options
    darlok2013darlok2013 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Are any of these problems related to the arc launcher? I can't my arc launcher to load at all to say nothing of getting to Neverwinter...is this all related or is this a new issue? :(
  • Options
    tira1313tira1313 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    darlok2013 wrote: »
    Are any of these problems related to the arc launcher? I can't my arc launcher to load at all to say nothing of getting to Neverwinter...is this all related or is this a new issue? :(
    It's not just Arc. I'm having it with Steam too. I haven't had this issue before the new module came out, so for me it's new.