edited April 2015
    digolift wrote: »
    the page dont even load for me

hahaha me either
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    Another quick update, our gateway game servers are handling the load ok according to diagnostics. We will be rechecking for some networking issues tonight/tomorrow.

I was running Gateway with a repeated ping against gateway.playneverwinter.com in another window.

Each time I got issues with Gateway there also was a missing ping.

So i seems to me you are suffering from brief stops in the network somewhere along the hops, probably close to your system since almost everyone is affected. Should be easy to identify the source, just start pings to each target in traceroute and see where the stops disappear.
  • Options
    neverwinter12112neverwinter12112 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    Another quick update, our gateway game servers are handling the load ok according to diagnostics. We will be rechecking for some networking issues tonight/tomorrow.

It is a lot better than the few days before yesterday. However, everything is an order of magnitude slower than before the beginning of this week. Also, I am still getting 'disconnects' (being thrown back to the login page) and 'can't connects' (getting no page at all and having to re-login often as well then).
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was running Gateway with a repeated ping against gateway.playneverwinter.com in another window.

Each time I got issues with Gateway there also was a missing ping.

So i seems to me you are suffering from brief stops in the network somewhere along the hops, probably close to your system since almost everyone is affected. Should be easy to identify the source, just start pings to each target in traceroute and see where the stops disappear.

Ok, I did check this out for you:
    Traceroute to gateway.playneverwinter.com: (interesting official name on that server btw :) )
    9 127 ms 119 ms 128 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.61.78]
    10 118 ms 119 ms 119 ms gatewaysitedown.playneverwinter.com [208.95.185.59]

I got perfect pings to 216.52.61.78
    To 208.95.185.59 I lose pings, and those ping losses occur when I get issues with running Gateway.

So seems you got some instability in your internal network.
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This page can’t be displayed

•Make sure the web address https://gateway.playneverwinter.com is correct.
    •Look for the page with your search engine.
    •Refresh the page in a few minutes
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited April 2015
    Honestly, did the Gateway ever work?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    It is a lot better than the few days before yesterday. However, everything is an order of magnitude slower than before the beginning of this week. Also, I am still getting 'disconnects' (being thrown back to the login page) and 'can't connects' (getting no page at all and having to re-login often as well then).

At the moment it's 'barely usable' as compared to 'completely unusable' .
  • Options
    fizco38fizco38 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm confused these days you go over on maintenance by 30 minutes and you issue statement, because you have found this is the best method keep ppl in the loop less hassle.

This is a 5 day old problem you have posted 2 times day 1 and day 4. This is not keeping ppl in the loop

The gateway is a huge part of the game which is about to get even more important because you raised max lvl's to 25 on professions, and everyone knows the gateway when working is far better than in game for doing professions so get ready for even more traffic
  • Options
    sliderhardcoresliderhardcore Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Maybe because of improper linkage for that new box thing launch :D they unintentionally created a bottleneck point there and now refuse to undo it as how it was before.
  • Options
    senseiwasdsenseiwasd Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    amenephis wrote: »
    they're usually a bit more subtle about it. For example, the recent Alchemy event timed to drain Alchemy assets, which are going to be extremely important in the very near future, from people that hadn't been made aware of that yet.
    "Timed" my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... This is the same time of year they had the event last year - happens twice a year, same dates each time. (Nevermind that Mod6 was supposed to be out March 17th - *before* the Alchemy event.)

The Zen Exchange being down seems more likely deliberate.

Dunno what's with the Gateway though. If they wanted it down, it'd just be down, not ~2% functional.
  • Options
    johnosullivanjohnosullivan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I submitted a ticket for this and the answer was 'we cannot do anything for you, apologies for the inconvenience'
  • Options
    nemezischonemezischo Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yep, something is wrong with the internal network, clearly visible from the image attached.
    The packet losses are not random, they happen every 30 seconds with some exceptions.
    29e5hdh.jpg
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Speaking of conspiracy theories, i find it a bit odd, that this happens before Mod 6. Call me a Conspiracy Theorist, but hey most historians are that, comes with the job. lol

So what happened, if i take a look at my guild, nobody wanted to pay anything before the coming launch and the delay of the initial launch made players more skeptical. Only thing that was working, were our soldiers doing their little profession tasks for AD, now that too is crippled. Coincidence? Maybe.

Other thing we noticed and it happened to a more of us in guild, that we lost 50-450k AD from our in game inventory*, by "accidents". I have a nice guildie, she has lost her AD, by simply doing nothing, like Houdini, it was gone after a few minutes, disappeared in thin air. We sent a report to CS, but either an automated response came back or zero answer, of course zero refund. Hmmm. :confused:
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    edited April 2015
    nemezischo wrote: »
    Yep, something is wrong with the internal network, clearly visible from the image attached.
    The packet losses are not random, they happen every 30 seconds with some exceptions.
    29e5hdh.jpg

Are those red vertical thin lines time markers, or are they indicating moments of packet loss?
  • Options
    nemezischonemezischo Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Packet losses.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Other thing we noticed and it happened to a more of us in guild, that we lost 50-450k AD from our wallet, by "accidents". I have a nice guildie, she has lost her AD, by simply doing nothing, like Houdini, it was gone after a few minutes, disappeared in thin air. We sent a report to CS, but either an automated response came back or zero answer, of course zero refund. Hmmm. :confused:

What is this "wallet" you speak of? I thought that was something in ARC related to Zen purchases.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    nemezischo wrote: »
    Packet losses.

Complete packet loss with regular intervals every 30 seconds is definitely something that should be looked into.
  • Options
    novynwnnovynwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited April 2015
    it leads me to gatewaysidedown.playneverwinter.com O_o
    trace from central europe
    same story... every 30sec + plus something extra, over 18% packets lost
    2u58jus.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    novynwn wrote: »
    it leads me to gatewaysidedown.playneverwinter.com O_o
    trace from central europe
    same story... every 30sec + plus something extra, over 18% packets lost
    2u58jus.jpg

So there is some mysterious "pulse" occurring roughly every 30 seconds? That is weird . . .

Explanation?:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/loss.html
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    theastromachinetheastromachine Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    So there is some mysterious "pulse" occurring roughly every 30 seconds? That is weird . . .

The gateway has become sentient and refuses to do our bidding. Soon it will interface with our nuclear weapons facilities and destroy us. Skynet is born.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The gateway has become sentient and refuses to do our bidding. Soon it will interface with our nuclear weapons facilities and destroy us. Skynet is born.

LOL! Too funny!

"I'll be back!"

• Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    get to the gatewaya! NAO! *arnold voice*
  • Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Speaking of conspiracy theories, i find it a bit odd, that this happens before Mod 6. Call me a Conspiracy Theorist, but hey most historians are that, comes with the job. lol

So what happened, if i take a look at my guild, nobody wanted to pay anything before the coming launch and the delay of the initial launch made players more skeptical. Only thing that was working, were our soldiers doing their little profession tasks for AD, now that too is crippled. Coincidence? Maybe.

Other thing we noticed and it happened to a more of us in guild, that we lost 50-450k AD from our wallet, by "accidents". I have a nice guildie, she has lost her AD, by simply doing nothing, like Houdini, it was gone after a few minutes, disappeared in thin air. We sent a report to CS, but either an automated response came back or zero answer, of course zero refund. Hmmm. :confused:

maybe the gateway got hacked.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    yokki1 wrote: »
    get to the gatewaya! NAO! *arnold voice*

LOL! I love the spelling of "Arnold speak!"

• Options
    edited April 2015
    We should all strive to make this one of the longest posts in the history of these forums, since this gateway mess has been in existence for WAY too long.

We need a countdown timer somewhere to show how long the gateway has been dysfunctional. :)

Since I have been unable to do my mid-day professions tasks, I have lost about 250k AD so far. . . . and counting.

• Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You say on your end it's working. It is not. Everybody I know who uses it says they cant.

Including me.

If all of us on our end say it isnt running, then it is not.

Thank you.
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    NO gateway is not working and with the intentional lag on the game it is extremely hard to do the professions (and boring since you do way more clicks that way). been at least 4 days of malfunction
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited April 2015
    Well it's definitely a network load issue. Guess what ? I have the day off and got up early and decided to set up my tasks while having my morning coffee, that was around 7-8am GMT. At this time very few people play since it's rather late in the US and too early for Europe.

And the Gateway worked at this time, a bit slower than usual, but without the constant disconnects and timeouts that we see around prime time.

Are Xbox players DLing their client over the Cryptic network ? Then the initial stress will ofc buckle the bandwidth and it will get better over the coming week. In the meantime the customers get the "we are working on it" line, when it reality it was an economic decision by the suits in charge to not have extra bandwidth for the initial rush, so that they can cut down on costs and the fix for the whole mess is called "wait til it fixes itself".