Options

Neverwinter Gateway down?

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And Gateway is down again
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    sollanesollane Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Still getting secure connection failed in firefox. IE working somewhat but keeps freezing.
  • Options
    mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How is this even flipping possible? One call to my tech guy and he'd be into the system on his phone fixing stuff. It's so basic it makes me want to cry.
  • Options
    drakonlord56drakonlord56 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sollane wrote: »
    Still getting secure connection failed in firefox. IE working somewhat but keeps freezing.

Add me to the list of horrors. Yes, IE is as slow as frozen molasses. LoL. Without a doubt, someone changed some settings and now... :eek:
    TLS 1.0 is totally obsolete, and dangerous.
  • Options
    ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I still can't connect either, but I think I'm having the Android issue more than the Certificate/TLS issue. Either way I can't connect.
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ixotl wrote: »
    I still can't connect either, but I think I'm having the Android issue more than the Certificate/TLS issue. Either way I can't connect.

The Android issue is pretty much a certificate/TLS issue as well. At least for me in Android Chrome. Gives NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID if you click on Advanced. At one time I was able to view the actual certificate somewhere in the error, and it said the certificate expires sometime in 2017, so now I just click on 'proceed to gateway.neverwinter.com (unsafe)'. It will not load my Chrome profile-saved user name and password, I have to enter it each time, but I can get in and proceed normally.

Just to be clear - I do not recommend doing this - I have my own reasons for knowing that I am "fairly" protected, but I would not log in this way unless I knew exactly what I was risking and the device has no other uses.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    still down
    Secure Connection Failed

The connection to gateway.playneverwinter.com was interrupted while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i can't connect via firefox, but lets me in via crome
  • Options
    amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Still down.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Still down.
  • Options
    kisakeekisakee Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    amenephis wrote: »
    Still down.

It's not down, i never ever had any problems. Using FF since years, never got trouble or stuff. I can use it right now.
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    Hmmm... did Cryptic hire High School dropouts?

No, Cryptic (or just as / even more likely, PWE) probably doesn't want to fling out 5 or six digit sums in RL money to acquire that corporate TLS 1.2 license...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    kisakee wrote: »
    It's not down, i never ever had any problems. Using FF since years, never got trouble or stuff. I can use it right now.

I see. Well, since it's working for you, I suppose it's safe to assume everyone posting in this thread is lying.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    amenephis wrote: »
    I see. Well, since it's working for you, I suppose it's safe to assume everyone posting in this thread is lying.

It's safe to assume gateway is not down, nothing else i said.
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• Options
    exard3kexard3k Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gateway down for me as well. Has been like that for days...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    exard3k wrote: »
    gateway down for me as well. Has been like that for days...

You're using Firefox? Then there's a way to use Gateway. But be warned, you can't use most other pages with security certificate like forum anymore:

Open Firefox - adress "about:config" - confirm warning - search for "security.tls.version" - set "security.tls.version.min" and "security.tls.version.max" to "0" - done

Just close and open the browser and you are able to use the Gateway. To bring Firefox to normal way just do the same thing and set "security.tls.version.min" to "1" and "security.tls.version.max" to "3".

Enjoy
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• Options
    kinskik1auskinskik1aus Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ^

No. I won't "enjoy" that. It's Cryptic who has to make its gateway work for newest browser versions and security/authenticity verifications.

It's a shame.

-.-
  • Options
    dranalezdranalez Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is anyone having a problem using gateway while on a phone? I'm on my note 4 and when I try to enter my password it says that it's incorrect but when I go on my computer it goes through just fine.
  • Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dranalez wrote: »
    Is anyone having a problem using gateway while on a phone? I'm on my note 4 and when I try to enter my password it says that it's incorrect but when I go on my computer it goes through just fine.

Your phone may be autocorrecting your password...I often have to type mine 2x or 3x in order to get it to go thru. Of course, if the mobile version had a valid security certificate, Chrome would save my ID and password and this would be a moot point...
  • Options
    dranalezdranalez Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    myles08807 wrote: »
    Your phone may be autocorrecting your password...I often have to type mine 2x or 3x in order to get it to go thru. Of course, if the mobile version had a valid security certificate, Chrome would save my ID and password and this would be a moot point...

I tried typing it multiple times. I even turned off the auto caps on my phone. It worked on my s3 about 2 days ago. Could it be a problem with new phones?