test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

mod 6 Control Wizard serious balance issues.

Comments

• Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    denvald wrote: »
    There, boom. Stop trying, that argument is gettin' old. Gotta thank abaddon for testing that one for me :cool:

Well, a BIS lvl 70 CW with 10 more feat points and R4 powers does double the dmg of a scaled lvl 60 17k GS SW. Nerf THAT.

Compare abaddons numbers to a BIS lvl 70 dmg SW and we are talking.

You should see, that the numbers are flawed, bc a BIS lvl 70 CW does the same dmg as a scaled 17k CW.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    vaelynxvaelynx Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As a High End CW that was a high end GWF i will say that you guys will get us nerfed again. Then what? You will cry that HR/DC/GWF/SW/OP/TR/??? is Overpowered and needs a nerf. Then they nerf that class to death, then it will be OMG someone else is overpowered now. Stop your whining, CWs got every single encounter nerfed for mod 4, some of us became crazy strong because we respeced to a new feat tree. Are you going to be crying when we find a way to do again if we were to be nerfed again? I could out dps most of the PUG's i see with my at wills but its my fault/toons fault that most of them dont know how to play their character. How many people right now using Repel and Ice storm in Tiamat when those are obviously horrible choices.

Waaaahhhh CWs have 4 encounter powers, HR's get 6.

Waaahhhh CWs are to difficult to catch, Perma Stealth rouges.(which always come running for my ice terrain with 15 mobs)

Cant say anything about GWF's you guys have been screwed for a while, that is why i am a CW.

TLDR learn to play your class, if you think we are too OP then ask for your class to be fixed instead of crying about mine. I changed to a CW from GWF after Deep Gash was nerfed, then they nerfed the hell out of CW, all these were based off of PVP whiners that were running around in blues crying about not being able to beat top end PVPers.

/rant off

Except that SW players have been asking for fixes practically forever, and not only does our voice get ignored, but SW accrues nerfs. Whereas, as you say, CW was nerfed never.
  • Options
    relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    vaelynx wrote: »
    Whereas, as you say, CW was nerfed never.

This is one of the reasons I've stopped taking part in previews after mod 4.

@Vaelynx: How were you able to read: "CWs got every single encounter nerfed for mod 4," as "CW was nerfed never" is beyond me.
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • Options
    digoliftdigolift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    this is becoming League of Legends champions nerf. If they listen to all you baby cryers and nerf cw, than other class will be OP Than Nerf that class, Then nerf that and nerf that, and then in a BIG mod they will super Buff those nerfed classes , like they did to TR and DC, and the cry will start all over again. i hope Devs are smarter now and dont listen to baby crying
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    digolift wrote: »
    this is becoming League of Legends champions nerf. If they listen to all you baby cryers and nerf cw, than other class will be OP Than Nerf that class, Then nerf that and nerf that, and then in a BIG mod they will super Buff those nerfed classes , like they did to TR and DC, and the cry will start all over again. i hope Devs are smarter now and dont listen to baby crying

Listening to cw cries got us where we are now and god like cw dominating in everything if they would cut dos of cws by half they would still be the best class in game
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    digolift wrote: »
    So here we go again, what applies to the other classes, does not seem to apply to CWs. CWs cry - ok, the rest cry - STFU. So hypocritical.
  • Options
    joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    #BringBackShard #BringBackEncounterDamage #GetRidOfStupidAutoProcs

Give me my baby encounter Shard Of The Endless Avalanche back as well as CW's base encounter damage and you can take Storm Spell all you want for all I care.

- a CW bored of being a proc-bot.
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    #BringBackShard #BringBackEncounterDamage #GetRidOfStupidAutoProcs

Give me my baby encounter Shard Of The Endless Avalanche back as well as CW's base encounter damage and you can take Storm Spell all you want for all I care.

- a CW bored of being a proc-bot.

I second that.
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    In module 4. shard of the endless avalanche was majorly nerferd. Most CW stopped using it.
    Icy terrain was buffed. Steal time got a little cooldown reduction.
    sudden storm cooldown increased.

Overall, it was major dps decrease because of less damage from sudden storm and from loss of shard.
    Many CW started using icy terrain which can proc some good damage.
    However, in module 6, elite mobs have high CC resist and bosses normally have 100% CC resist.

In my opinion, SW class needs a re-work since SW was designed around lifesteal which has now changed.
    I have not looked at SW on preview server (honestly I almost never play my SW) but I think SW needs some improvement, and not only for dps reasons.

dps should not be your main concern in module 6.
    Your main concern should be survival and which role you will play in the party.
    If your only role in the party is dps, then I suggest you re-spec or re-roll your class because the tank/healer/control/buff/debuff classes may not like to bring a squishy "only does dps" character into the party who cant survive 5 seconds without party help.
  • Options
    glytchsglytchs Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Let me start out by saying NOT ALL CLASSES ARE THE SAME. Stop compareing your class to CW. No class in game can cc like CW. Lets say they nerf CW dps to nothing but cc will anyone play it? NO. Will dungeons ever get completed without CROWD CONTROL or a premade party? NO. WIZARDS just seem to do alot of dps cause they have alot of aoe. Now take all the trash mobs out of the picture and focus on boss single target Control Wiz dps is nothing compared to TR, GWF. We are the kings of aoe crowd control what every wiz should be doing on boss fights IMO.

Now SW on the other hand I say is is CW on roids without all the CC. They do more dps then CW but thier lack of good cc keeps them running while as CW I can blink cast cast cast blink away cast cast..etc. Now agin every class is different in a way it can better the party. Control Wizard dps is alot of little numbers racking up hitting all 8 targets lets say while everyone else is hitting 1-3 targets we are hitting them all ccing them with all of our encounters while debiffing the boss with ray of enfeblement. Tank should be on boss, healer healing other 2 dps should be dpsing. TR on boss, GWF on boss dpsing or dpsing down adsnot tanking there are 2 class for that paladin and GF. SW should be dpsing evetything agin your a pure dps class thats mad cause your in a healing/ dps feat tree trying to dps.

In conclusion seems like pple need to learn how to play as group like DND is attended instead of trying to solo everything. In a solo questing battle CW will always shine cause of crowd control. Its a MMO for crying out loud Mass Multiplayer..get a group and go kill stuff in a guild its not that hard. For the record I play all classes and GWF is just as good solo with unstoppable but you have to move alot, staying out of aoe,but hey thats my opinion.
  • Options
    digoliftdigolift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    glytchs wrote: »
    Let me start out by saying NOT ALL CLASSES ARE THE SAME. Stop compareing your class to CW. No class in game can cc like CW. Lets say they nerf CW dps to nothing but cc will anyone play it? NO. Will dungeons ever get completed without CROWD CONTROL or a premade party? NO. WIZARDS just seem to do alot of dps cause they have alot of aoe. Now take all the trash mobs out of the picture and focus on boss single target Control Wiz dps is nothing compared to TR, GWF. We are the kings of aoe crowd control what every wiz should be doing on boss fights IMO.

Now SW on the other hand I say is is CW on roids without all the CC. They do more dps then CW but thier lack of good cc keeps them running while as CW I can blink cast cast cast blink away cast cast..etc. Now agin every class is different in a way it can better the party. Control Wizard dps is alot of little numbers racking up hitting all 8 targets lets say while everyone else is hitting 1-3 targets we are hitting them all ccing them with all of our encounters while debiffing the boss with ray of enfeblement. Tank should be on boss, healer healing other 2 dps should be dpsing. TR on boss, GWF on boss dpsing or dpsing down adsnot tanking there are 2 class for that paladin and GF. SW should be dpsing evetything agin your a pure dps class thats mad cause your in a healing/ dps feat tree trying to dps.

In conclusion seems like pple need to learn how to play as group like DND is attended instead of trying to solo everything. In a solo questing battle CW will always shine cause of crowd control. Its a MMO for crying out loud Mass Multiplayer..get a group and go kill stuff in a guild its not that hard. For the record I play all classes and GWF is just as good solo with unstoppable but you have to move alot, staying out of aoe,but hey thats my opinion.

Second that ! all the cry is cuz they cant see their names in top of the list of paingiver. baby cryers ! now go run Elol and see your name there, cw damage is nothing there .
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    So here we go again, what applies to the other classes, does not seem to apply to CWs. CWs cry - ok, the rest cry - STFU. So hypocritical.

+1.totally agree.

Tene combination in preview mod6."hey tanks hit us (the super rich GFs-4 people) with G tenes in pvp!30k damage!!Not fair!!devs nerf the tene please!!".tenes nerfed.Someone complaints about Disintegrate."No Disintegraqte is ok.in level 70 toons it will be balanced."failing miserably to mention however that level 60 toons have way better Defence than level 70s.

Tenes hit every 20 secs for 30k damage in melee range and you have to aim=Not fair!!
    Disintegrate hits 81k every 6 secs from 90s range with autolock=Completely fair!it is balanced!!

Cws ignoring 66% of tenacity CC.And i am seriously suspicious that this do not only aply only to cc but to damage DR side as well of tenacity.Arcane classified damage is prime suspect.Everything is ok for Cws.

GF/GWFs prone them?? "hey not fair!'. CWs permafreezing in mod4. "L2p!" Prones changed to stuns.

I could speak for much,but what is the point?
    Cw is the favourable class of this game.Never received any serious nerf,when the reason the content was surpassed was the stacking of CWs.

Broken shiled ,broken storm spell broken EoTS etc...Dodge provide 1 sec immunity frame each time .

GWF/Gfs uber defence feature Steel defence provides mere 3 sec damage immunity and here we have CWs getting 4 sec damage immunity for free.

In essense:

Storm spell needs to be adressed.
    Cw shield needs a serious reduction.80% Dr?Are we serious?A cloth wearing class?
    Feats of Cw that provide him 100% crit need to be adressed.
    Cws should respect tenacity as every other class on this game.I don't get it.What's so special with that class?
    All their control duration powers in pvp should be halved as ALL FIGHTERS POWERS ALREADY DID.

You don't want?No prob.Flourish should stun for 3 secs,GW for 1.5 sec.I don't get it.Some classes have their control durations halved but CWs not.

Casting while bunnyjumping should be disabled.

And don't start me on the "ah we need ourrrrr controllll...!!We are control classes!!" :)

We say to you to adjust your uber control.Answer we are control class.
    We say to you to adjust your uber DPS."Hey not fair..!!We are strikers!!" :)
    We say to you to adjust your broken shiled. "Noooo....We are squishy,we need tankiness" :)

Honestly you want to be uber tanky to have uber control ,uber dps,you want other classes not to control you.You changed prones to stuns.You want other classes to respect tenacity ,but you not....

I have fought 25k GWfs in dom pvp and in iwd (Merc,PP, etc).What the faack.Way less tanky than some 19k pvpc cws with shield on tab.
    Never ever have seen such blatantly broken class for so long that in every freakin time ,flies below the radar.

90% of the non Cw forumers are naive and are misguided and misdirected by the CW forumers.
    You all are(and me sometimes) after thr poor Trs that were suffering from mod2 to mod4.Endless posts requesting their nerfs.Yet one or two threads about the opness of the CWs.

As Marnival said,in every game gradually and slowly they go into an age of the casters.That is already happening in NW.
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    morenthar wrote: »
    Yep. Worst kept secret of this game is that the CW, if properly built and played, is the most powerful class in the game. If you don't think so, you either are a CW or haven't fought some of the better ones. It's sick. Only thing close is the Saboteur due to Knife's Edge/Bloodbath. If that gets fixed it's no contest. I find there are two groups of CW whiners. The good ones that want to hold on to their OPnes and the glass - cannons who don't get that they have to stress defense in PvP. The very best ones, who really aren't that vocal on these forums, just keep torching people with little complaint. My favorite of all is Lucan. He's good and runs around PUG matches putting up Saboteur ratios and comes here and complains if he dies more than 3 times in a match. It must be the Majere Complex.

+1 totally agree.

Most of the cw complaints are from pve cws that go into dom with no tenacity and pve rotation.These are the most aggresive and vocal in generally.And the devs hear these people and boost CWs every time.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Would, for the love of god, a BIS lvl 70 player on preview plz make some ACT recordings and post them here.

This would either stop ths baseless discussion or start a real one with compareable data. If we would have compareable data from comparebale geared lvl 70 players, we would see, if there is an imbalance.

Maybe there are some BIS lvl 70 players, sitting on their +100k dps ATC numbers, who dont want to post them, bc they are afraid, that their class will become the target of the next nerf that post.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Yep, I'd love to see comprehensive comparison of ALL BIS lvl70 classes.
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
  • Options
    b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    CW is a no brainer class. If a new player asks me which class is best in terms of power to AD investment, PvE performance and group building issues (LFG)... I say CW. Since release. The C in CW is for control but it should be AW, the "all wizard".

Every time a mod comes or a major fix the player base cries for balance and asked why the melee non-control classes with no other function than dealing damage are doing half or less DPS of a CW who can control and fights from range.

Never worked. From mod4 to mod5 a lot of players feared a nerf because it looked like the devs tried to balance the CW (Singularity nerf etc.) because people (PUQ) were doing dungeons like CN only with 2-3 CW only. So they reduced the control performance... but increased the damage even more. It is the only class which well-performed since release in PvE and PvP (NO! - The TR OPness is another issue ;).

Once the GWF had a similar power level (mod4, Deep Gash) and they fixed it. Now Intimidation (doing half the DPS in PvE than a equal geared CW) works and they will fix it... good.. it´s anoying and unfair to the other GWF specs.
    But the CW PvE domination will not change.

Some say the devs play CW :) some say in D&D the wizard has to be the mightiest class :) and some others simply roll a CW.

//Bellistor
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The problem is, the "cries for balance" for CW are really more like "demands to pigeonhole the CW into one and only one type of role".

Why don't we just turn all DCs into healbots? All GFs into Protector Tanks? All TRs into one-shotting Executioners? All CWs into singbots? That seems to be the way that most people here want to treat "class balance", that each class only does one thing.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    I have been reading last posts and i must admit that i almost die laughing due most answers coming from CW players. From this point, i will just answer 2 things:

- If most CW players still thinks that, in example, Storm Spell must crit and proc other feats, then I, as a GWF-player, DEMAND devs to bring back Deep Gash and Steel Blitz from mod 2 for PvE and PvP.

- As seems like CW players enjoy to be DPS and CC, I, as a GWF-player, DEMAND devs to bring back SLAM, Prones on Takedown and Frontline Surge and ignore 66% of Tenacity to deal more damage on crits on both PvE and PvP.

another example of stuffs that got fixed.
    oppressive darkness was able to crit ---- damage nerfed for 100% and can crit no more. Now hits for 300 damage but its balanced when you are not a cw
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    The problem is, the "cries for balance" for CW are really more like "demands to pigeonhole the CW into one and only one type of role".

Why don't we just turn all DCs into healbots? All GFs into Protector Tanks? All TRs into one-shotting Executioners? All CWs into singbots? That seems to be the way that most people here want to treat "class balance", that each class only does one thing.

OR maybe, just maybe, make opressor only control, with min dmg, with veins as t4 or t5, make thauma a mix, and rene a full dps (or just leave feats as those r) And nerf that **** spellstorm, i think doing 45% of u dmg has nothing to do with ur current lvl, how cant u see this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is just way too OP? no feat does such dmg.

Geez those cws..

Also some1 else said to "ask for buffs" R u out of ur mind? Previous mods were a crazy powercreep, most of classes is near to ok at is is, but CW is primary CONTROLER, secondary STRIKER, how come he can have equal or better dmg than PRIMARY STRIKERS? While having x100 control as they have?

R u just blind, or pretending to be?

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »

- If most CW players still thinks that, in example, Storm Spell must crit and proc other feats, then I, as a GWF-player, DEMAND devs to bring back Deep Gash and Steel Blitz from mod 2 for PvE and PvP.

- As seems like CW players enjoy to be DPS and CC, I, as a GWF-player, DEMAND devs to bring back SLAM, Prones on Takedown and Frontline Surge and ignore 66% of Tenacity to deal more damage on crits on both PvE and PvP.

Those were stupid changes. As a CW, I fully support these demands.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    only want to bring in that Warlocks SB-fury path are excellent damagedealer on single targets, not on trash mobs, but single target damage is very strong atm (WB-KF-SS), can´t say if better or worse than TR/GWF but imo its probably TR>SW>GWF Hunter ? don´t know, also can ´t say what happens in mod 6
    as i play SB fury in mod 5 it is really a nice comfortable gameplay on bosses like valindra, Malabog castle, dragon encounter, CN endboss with TT... excellent, did I miss something?
    you are more or less a very tanky damagedealer that nearly never has to drink any potions
    i am tanking endboss in shores of tuern wearing black ice gear, even without a healer I did onetime, can´t say if other classes are able to do as well?
    only problem is PVP since sparks disappear very fast and TR´s are problematic, like to other classes too
  • Options
    blamecharlesblamecharles Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I would love to see what pets people that are crying about their classes are using. What Artifacts they are using. I swear you people have just motivated me to get my retired alts out so i can be back on top with them. Screw it while i am at it i will only use blue everything and a poking stick will that make people happy? Hell lets just use water cannons like the festival, and make pvp water balloon fights. LEARN TO USE YOUR CLASS, i have spent millions of AD on respecs to get my toon to where it is at.
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    pointsman wrote: »

Yeah, heavens forbid CW actually has a specific role instead of being "do everything better than any other classes put together" guy for the 3rd year.
  • Options
    vaelynxvaelynx Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    only want to bring in that Warlocks SB-fury path are excellent damagedealer on single targets, not on trash mobs, but single target damage is very strong atm (WB-KF-SS), can´t say if better or worse than TR/GWF but imo its probably TR>SW>GWF Hunter ? don´t know, also can ´t say what happens in mod 6
    as i play SB fury in mod 5 it is really a nice comfortable gameplay on bosses like valindra, Malabog castle, dragon encounter, CN endboss with TT... excellent, did I miss something?
    you are more or less a very tanky damagedealer that nearly never has to drink any potions
    i am tanking endboss in shores of tuern wearing black ice gear, even without a healer I did onetime, can´t say if other classes are able to do as well?
    only problem is PVP since sparks disappear very fast and TR´s are problematic, like to other classes too

You forgot the part where in Mod 6, the Fury capstone got nerfed, TT got nerfed, and ****ed over lifesteal makes the class's only defensive mechanism, well, not work anymore.

Also, the "only problem" in PvP has a couple friends - no way to block certain attacks and avoid CC (because shift mechanic), stupidly slow casting times which mean a CW will get off his whole rotation in the time you take to cast Harrowstorm, and yeah, the sparks disappear fast enough that they become essentially meaningless there.
    Oh, and Tempest locks got also ****ed.

It's this that irritates me. The already ****ed over classes get nerfed, while CWs retain everything as it was, and try to claim they're not any better off.
  • Options
    matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bou Bou Bad CW scratched my stockings, mammyyyyy

Thats the title in all "cw is bad for our health" posts. And more than 80% of them concern the pvp minigame. Its so outrageous its becoming irritating like a scratching disease. There is NO WAY performance in a minigame, that is PVP, should be reason to adjust/change or even THINK of changing ANY CLASS. That is the main reason this game has failed so far, the futile attempt to place the frigging PVP MINIGAME above the main PVE content has led to numerous changes/nerfs/buffs and all for what? FOR THE MINIGAME, unbefrigginglievable. Its outrageous even to think of it, still u see so many people who actually doesnt give a **** for the main game, DEMAND that the minigame take priority....
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sure warlock won´t be very popular in mod 6, i agree, no cc, mediocre damage in the sum, no dodge and so on, absolutly right, there are better damage dealer ingame on single target, and probably no other class that deals same damage on mobgroups inclusive cc´ing all like CW, probably all are more popular and deal better in PVP, right
    since CD is nerfed it we will deal less damage, TT is powerfull if handled right for sure

but there are builds for PVE at least that will be competetive i am sure, temptation will be a good supporter, SB fury will have its place
    let the CW melt the mobs and control them, warlock is able to deal good damage to single target, its only 10% less in case of my setup
    we won´t change things as they are, and probalby there is a "higher" interest in buffing some calsses more than others
    the futile attempt to place the frigging PVP MINIGAME above the main PVE content has led to numerous changes/nerfs/buffs and all for what?

what PVE content are you talking about btw? rethink your post, there is actually only boring grind ingame nothing more
This discussion has been closed.