test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150317a.1

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Classes and Balance
  • Iron Vanguard: Ferocious Reaction: This power should no longer incorrectly trigger multiple times at once when many DoT effects are on the player.
  • Oathbound Paladin: Oath of Protection: Binding Oath: Binding Oath now reflects 20% of the total damage taken to foes when it ends (down from 50%). The Paladin still takes 50% of the damage he would have taken during this time.
  • Scourge Warlock: Feats: Dark Revelry: This feat now correctly uses the target's power when buffing them.
  • Trickster Rogue: Final Moments: This feat has been renamed to Dying Breath.

Content and Environment
  • Dungeons: Epic level 70 dungeons now have personal loot for defeating bosses, and players will now get independent chances at loot.
  • Elemental Evil: Various critical bug fixes to quests.
  • Kessel's Retreat: It is no longer possible to bypass certain encounters.

Items and Economy
  • Epic level 70 dungeons now all give appropriate rewards including seals when defeating bosses.
  • There are new rewards for gaining a level after level 70. Previously unclaimed rewards from level 60 will not be upgraded.

User Interface:
  • Collections for Epic Gear has been updated to include current level 70 end game gear and their respective locations.
  • Level 60 equipment in the "Epic Equipment" and "Artifact Equipment" categories will no longer be displayed for players who do not possess at least one item in the set.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    Collections for Epic Gear has been updated to include current level 70 end game gear and their respective locations.

Awesome ////
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    We are experiencing some technical difficulties bringing the server up. It will be a bit longer than initially anticipated before its back up while we look into these issues.

More fixes have been done that will be for the live release that did not make it into this build.

End game gear can be viewed in collections and acquired from their respective locations. Our first two tiers of end game loot will not have set bonuses at this time. The future of set bonuses is still being discussed for long term progression needs.
  • Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Did you guys really Nerf the dmg of a paladin skill good lord why
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Any update to companions actives?

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    edited March 2015

End game gear can be viewed in collections and acquired from their respective locations. Our first two tiers of end game loot will not have set bonuses at this time. The future of set bonuses is still being discussed for long term progression needs.

Most people I have discussed this with are generally positive about it , personally speaking i got so tired of having no real option in group play than to wear High vizier for the past five (5) modules, maybe use overload enchantments for small gear bonuses or whatever in future , or even the reinforcement kits.
  • Options
    ultimatefgt123ultimatefgt123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This build is going to preview right now and it will be up within an hour or so.

More fixes have been done that will be for the live release that did not make it into this build.

Hope that includes fixing the 20% damage buff across the board to GF powers, since its been tested and shown that the damage buff has only increased the tooltip and not the actual damage!
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    [*]Level 60 equipment in the "Epic Equipment" and "Artifact Equipment" categories will no longer be displayed for players who do not possess at least one item in the set.

Could you reverse this change please? Being able to see all the gear in collections has been a wonderful thing to have available ever since it was introduced. Using collections a person had all the endgame gear in the game available to them to plan out progression and rough ideas of what gear they wanted etc.
    It seems like this is just for the lv 60 gear but it would be nice if that stuff was still available.

So maybe if there was a toggle to 'Show all lv 60 Gear" instead? that would keep collections clean as well as provide convenient access
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    voltomey wrote: »
    Did you guys really Nerf the dmg of a paladin skill good lord why

We found that in end game dungeons if used by a Tankadin this power would nearly single handedly boost the paladins damage output above or equal to nearly all other classes.

If they need a damage increase in other areas or further adjustments are needed this was noise preventing that from happening.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    If you getting rid of set bonuses git rid of the lathanders set bonus its so OP when combined with a SF enchantment In pvp
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    scathias wrote: »
    Could you reverse this change please? Being able to see all the gear in collections has been a wonderful thing to have available ever since it was introduced. Using collections a person had all the endgame gear in the game available to them to plan out progression and rough ideas of what gear they wanted etc.
    It seems like this is just for the lv 60 gear but it would be nice if that stuff was still available.

So maybe if there was a toggle to 'Show all lv 60 Gear" instead? that would keep collections clean as well as provide convenient access

Probably not at this time as basically all of that gear will be unobtainable other than from the AH. There are a few things with collections that have come to light with the level increase that leaves the system in need of some upgrades and further exploration/discussions.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Level 60 equipment in the "Epic Equipment" and "Artifact Equipment" categories will no longer be displayed for players who do not possess at least one item in the set.

So im guessing this means that it will no longer be possible to complete collections on existing epic level 60 gear after mod 6?
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I believe it'll be easier to balance classes if they're removed completely, because some classes rely heavily on their set bonuses from items for performance, and then balancing the class according to said set bonusg ets complicated, it also gives little option for performance when players want to be tops.

Namely High Vizier and Accursed diabolist for example.

I think it would be better off without set bonuses, but that's my opinion.
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    We found that in end game dungeons if used by a Tankadin this power would nearly single handedly boost the paladins damage output above or equal to nearly all other classes.

If they need a damage increase in other areas or further adjustments are needed this was noise preventing that from happening.
    OK OK If you guys are gonna boost there dps in a future patch then i will reluctantly welcome this change also can we get a kock down or two on smite or a few other ability's for pvp sake
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Probably not at this time as basically all of that gear will be unobtainable other than from the AH. There are a few things with collections that have come to light with the level increase that leaves the system in need of some upgrades and further exploration/discussions.

ok, thanks you for the details :)
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Probably not at this time as basically all of that gear will be unobtainable other than from the A.H

Ooooh so basically all current lvl 60 epic gear is being removed from the game in module 6? ( sorry if I'm reading this the wrong way) if so it would be nice to give us a warning so collectors can complete sets , get titles linked to complete sets etc before gear becomes unobtainable/hugely overpriced.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I think set bonuses in general are a bad idea that need to be done away with all it dose is create further Unessisary balance issues
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    supermrblobsupermrblob Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I really liked the set bonuses for PvP Gear, especially the TR one.

It's sad to see them go. Is it at all possible for PvP gear to keep its bonus?

The gear is only used for PvP anyway and it really enhanced the playstyle of a bunch of classes
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    voltomey wrote: »
    I think set bonuses in general are a bad idea that need to be done away with all it dose is create further Unessisary balance issues

I think that's the general feel of the community as well.

The gear is only used for PvP anyway and it really enhanced the playstyle of a bunch of classes

That is the reason they removed it.
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    [*]Dungeons: Epic level 70 dungeons now have personal loot for defeating bosses, and players will now get independent chances at loot.

This certainly takes care of the need/greed issue.. Though will the loot that drops be BoE, BoP or BoA?

I ran a dungeon test last week and someone said that the epic they got was BoA? Of course I wasn't lucky to win any random loot and see for myself, only had seals to pick up.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015

cause having 25% more stealth in a already perma stealth spec is good and being able to smack 5% more dmg on top of a auto crit being backed up with perfect vorple is great balance. No i dont think so set bonuses must all go creates to much imbalances and just general unfairness for people who cant afford or have not the time to far said sets especially if said player is a PvP only player.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    marcoshoivermarcoshoiver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    About new levels of weapon and armor enchantments: Transcendent and Pure will have new appearances / visuals ?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    About new levels of weapon and armor enchantments: Transcendent and Pure will have new appearances / visuals ?

The current plan is not to add additional FX.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Walk2k , panderus says -
    We are experiencing some technical difficulties bringing the server up. It will be a bit longer than initially anticipated before its back up while we look into these issues.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    panderus, any chance we can have a change to the Dwarf Stew IWD quest? We're *still* having our objectives ninja'ed by opportunistic so-and-so's.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited March 2015

That seems rather specific. How does Binging Oath perform outside of end game dungeons?

It's kinda funny, I've been using Binding Oath because I liked the passive element to it. I've never been particularly impressed with it's damage output in solo content up to level 61. I wondered if I was doing my damage output a disservice by using it. Time to test that myself.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The current plan is not to add additional FX.

Maybe that's not such a bad thing. My CW with a Perfect Briartwine already looks like a porcupine :)
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I really expected more, waiting for next week.
    Enchant over perfect should really have new fx. I m not saying its a priority but it makes the job looks really cheap
  • Options
    ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It is quite costly to make a pure or even a transcendant enchantment. Therefore they deserve a unique look, a copy of existing FX just doesn't feel right. Many players asked for the option to disable armor or weapon enchantment FX, is that going to come?

About the set bonuses: I realy liked them because they set the sets apart from eachother, and allthough I understand that there are overpowered set bonuses, I don't think it is the right solution to just get rid of the set bonuses alltogether. Couldn't you just have balanced them by decreasing or increasing some numbers?
  • Options
    scarletsapphirescarletsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    any idea how long the server is down for
This discussion has been closed.