Install Arc
Options

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150317a.1

Comments

• Options
    equ4lizerequ4lizer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jazzfong wrote: »
    So now T1 and T2 gears at level 70 will not have set bonuses? What about pvp gears? Please dont tell me i have to mine 300k Black Ice in order to unlock set effect on my T2 pvp gears... I dont have that much of time doing these pve grinding. Please give back our set bonuses, it is them who gives uniqueness in different build. I really cannot accept all people using the same build and gear, whats the point of doing this in a roleplaying dnd game? Character cloning?? I hope I can get a positive answer from devs. Thank you.

I have to support this
    IGN: Granzon
    军医骑士 超过三千水平 突破极限释放开
    Daily: Granworm Sword
    Enounter: Vow of Enmity | Worm Smasher | 縮退砲
    Class Feature: Kabbalah System
    Aura: Warp Field

IGN: Faluzure 19k Tenebrous Soulbinder Scourge Warlock
    (The Corrupted) (Retired)
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    equ4lizer wrote: »
    I have to support this

bonus set kills the uniqueness you are talking about.
    because there will always be the must have bonus.
    i m totally against set bonuses of whatsoever kind, i m more in favour of single bonus to single gear
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Kinda funny they didn't even consider updating enchants. We hired this new guy from Star Trek Online who is some wiz with graphics and what not... You can't make my shiny pixels more shiny? We've had the same effects for these enchants from the beginning, there is literally no customization to them, do your jobs and give us 2 new effects please. It's really not that hard. The last staff never did things like this, and they all got fired, maybe it's time to learn from the mistakes?
  • Options
    drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    freshour wrote: »
    Kinda funny they didn't even consider updating enchants. We hired this new guy from Star Trek Online who is some wiz with graphics and what not... You can't make my shiny pixels more shiny? We've had the same effects for these enchants from the beginning, there is literally no customization to them, do your jobs and give us 2 new effects please. It's really not that hard. The last staff never did things like this, and they all got fired, maybe it's time to learn from the mistakes?

Why is everyone on about this? There are so many other thing that need attention and people are worried about how their higher level enchants look. Look good 1st, function 2nd? There are MMO that fail all the time with that mindset, as I have seen several myself that are visually stunning and the game play was total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, I can make a few suggestions if all you're looking for is flashy front end content and don't care how the game plays.
  • Options
    dragonikingdragoniking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18
    edited March 2015
    Bug. Quest in neverdeath - daily kill dragon Charthraxis from Harper Windle - when You abandon this quest, you cant take it one more time (must wait to next day)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Are we going to see more patches in the next days?
    The situation isnt looking exactly good right now.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I just had someone bug out Tiamat on live... Maybe you should fix the heads from staying down... it's been a long time. Again, guys.. PLEASE fix these things.
  • Options
    xd108xxd108x Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    We found that in end game dungeons if used by a Tankadin this power would nearly single handedly boost the paladins damage output above or equal to nearly all other classes.

If they need a damage increase in other areas or further adjustments are needed this was noise preventing that from happening.

I could see the problem here if they didn't balance that skill - it would just encourage some players to think they should charge into as many enemies as possible in an effort to do "best dps", not what I would want to see from any tank class/spec. Also I have always felt that if you are playing as a tank type your damage output should not be comparable to an equally geared DD class as that is not really the tank's main role in a group.
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    freshour wrote: »

I don't recall saying we didn't consider it, just that we decided not to. Making a new class and several new enemies and bosses basically took all of our FX budget and then some.

That and they already look pretty sweet at rank 10 and there is not much room to grow without your character glowing like a bowling ball on disco fridays.
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't recall saying we didn't consider it, just that we decided not to. Making a new class and several new enemies and bosses basically took all of our FX budget and then some.

That and they already look pretty sweet at rank 10 and there is not much room to grow without your character glowing like a bowling ball on disco fridays.

I'm glad you decided this way. As you said it is hard to "upgrade" the visuals without making them look awful. And so many people dislike the look of the perfect enchants already that it could just get worse.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited March 2015

lol isnt that true? but please also consider the other part of the problem and give us the option to disable the enchantment effect, specially armor, please!
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The best thing for enchants would be that the player unlocks different stages of glow/effects with each upgrade and then could decide which one he thinks looks the best and use it. For an example I think normal soulforge looks better than perfect one, so with these changes I would be able to have the effect from normal on my perfect one.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Now you can do YOURSELVES a favor and create an "Enchant Transmute" in the zen store. Similar to the Transmute weapons that we get from events. These would be items that looks/function like enchants in game, without any benefits. What it allows you to do though would be to transmute enchants to whatever look you want.

Also it allows poor players or new players the ability to slot these in their enchant slot, even with no effect, just for the sake of graphics.

Everything is already in the game to do this change, you just need to piece it together.

Lesser - 100 zen (free xmute)
    Normal - 300 zen (free xmute)
    Greater - 500 zen (free xmute)
    Perfect - 800 zen.

So basically people are paying 800 zen to make their NORMAL Plague Fire LOOK like a "Perfect Flaming Enchant" instead.

The only liability here would be because these are not bound. So you could re-post that enchant and it could have an effect that is not desired. So a disclaimer would have to be added just like on weapons: Transmuted to: <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Enchant"

OR an alternative would be to do this:

The enchant transmute "zen items" listed above, actually transmute ONTO your weapon. So you open your weapon and transmute it - which wouldnt change the weapon, but it would add the effect of a Perfect Flaming onto the base item which then overrides any enchant you put in. So if my weapon had an added "flaming enchant" look to it, and I put IN a vorpal, it would override the vorpal and keep the flaming look.

You guys will sell SOOOO much of this with new players doing this to green or blue weapons as they level, or top end players who hate the look of Vorpal or w.e... Id GLADLY pay 800 zen for a better enchant look on my sword.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Out of all of my posts, the one with the least constructive criticism, least useful information, and the least benefit to actually being replied to.... gets replied to lol.

At least I got a good laugh for the day lol. But yeah I agree, the rank 10 version for some looks awesome, and for others looks a little silly. I would love it if we could just have the ability to use whatever weapon affect we wanted to for each enchant. I'm sure TR's using the Shadow of Demise bug would love not being laughed at for using plaguefire right out the gate.

Sorry guys for wasting one of Panderus's replies lol. I honestly didn't even think they read the forums lol. But hey! Now we know.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I, for one, welcome our new Glowing Bowling Ball Disco Overlords.

:cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't recall saying we didn't consider it, just that we decided not to.

Good call , it's already bad enough with the perfect weapon and armor enchantments without turning them up another couple of notches.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I too find the idea of an Enchantment Transmute Token, from the Zen store,as quite good.I'm sure people would willingly pay to have their enchantments look like another cooler looking enchant,say Vorpal to flaming and vice versa.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I too find the idea of an Enchantment Transmute Token, from the Zen store,as quite good.I'm sure people would willingly pay to have their enchantments look like another cooler looking enchant,say Vorpal to flaming and vice versa.

Oh yes !!!! I can finally have a total black HR !
    Definitely interested to it
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    We have had enchantment customization on the schedule a few times, but its usually the first feature to get cut as we get closer to the feature complete dates. We have an inside joke about gear preview that has had a similar fate continuously over the module updates.

Some day... Some. Day. *shakes fist*
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    panderus, can we please get some relief on the Sharandar quests? This is the third time in a row where some blankety-blank loser ran up to steal a quest objective.

*sigh*

I'm angry and frustrated, I know. This is the scenario: you're trying to take out the cyclops at the plant. He teleports away. You have to chase him. And THAT is when the aforementioned blankety-blank strikes. I refuse to believe that you can overhaul all of the other game's mechanics but cannot find a way to deal with this.

Bearing Arms
    Calm and Assertive
    Patching Things Up

Sharandar has far-and-away the best atmosphere of all of your modules, but I positively HATE doing the dailies because you get ninja'ed so often.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    We have had enchantment customization on the schedule a few times, but its usually the first feature to get cut as we get closer to the feature complete dates. We have an inside joke about gear preview that has had a similar fate continuously over the module updates.

Some day... Some. Day. *shakes fist*

Can we just get the ability to disable them (Specifically armor enchants). Look. Some are really nice looking.. others are meh. I mean Perfect Negation makes you look like a Sparkly christmas tree. The floating shield is kind of cool.. the moving lights not so much.

So disabling them would be great. Gives more incentive to buy dye's also.. because as it is, there is no reason too since your pretty armor is covered in sparkles or shadows.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    could we please change the FX of cold steel hurricane? It looks like some took the HR toon and spun the snot out of it when it is being cast.. and could we get it changed to an instant cast like the binding arrow, constricting shot or of the like. its just a real cheesy graphic and looks totally confusing..
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    stah01 wrote: »
    Can we just get the ability to disable them (Specifically armor enchants). Look. Some are really nice looking.. others are meh. I mean Perfect Negation makes you look like a Sparkly christmas tree. The floating shield is kind of cool.. the moving lights not so much.

So disabling them would be great. Gives more incentive to buy dye's also.. because as it is, there is no reason too since your pretty armor is covered in sparkles or shadows.

You should dye your armor red and green lol.
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    please give pvp gear the set bonuses back. Maybe like how you intended to create the "drow" pvp sets. That you get the 4piece bonus no matter what specific gear you choose. I always liked the set bonuses of pvp gear and they actually never created much balance issue as pve sets did!
    Thx :-)
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    please give pvp gear the set bonuses back. Maybe like how you intended to create the "drow" pvp sets. That you get the 4piece bonus no matter what specific gear you choose. I always liked the set bonuses of pvp gear and they actually never created much balance issue as pve sets did!
    Thx :-)

100% Support. Managing pve set bonus is ok, but dont remove pvp set bonus, those set bonus is really good and useful for us, use the old drow set one will do.
  • Options
    rescout1rescout1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    DEVS please, i just wanna know why all artifacts of hitpoints (paladin, vanguard pvp) give 4000 hitpoints and the artifact of Great Weapon Fighter (2200 hitpoints) dont ??? current on module 5 it is the better for hitpoints giving 1800. Why nerf ?? its just to force us create Oathbound Paladin?

* Please balance this, give 4000 hitpoints for GWF Artifact.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rescout1 wrote: »
    DEVS please, i just wanna know why all artifacts of hitpoints (paladin, vanguard pvp) give 4000 hitpoints and the artifact of Great Weapon Fighter (2200 hitpoints) dont ??? current on module 5 it is the better for hitpoints giving 1800. Why nerf ?? its just to force us create Oathbound Paladin?

* Please balance this, give 4000 hitpoints for GWF Artifact.

BUFF GWF!?

Ohhh ho ho ho! Silly goose!
This discussion has been closed.