test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150317a.1

Comments

• Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    rodrant64 wrote: »
    Server's down. I'm guessing this means we can say goodbye to the preview server until Monday, because why should we get good weekend time for testing/previewing?

It should be back up. That technical issue discovered at initial startup came back with a vengeance.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    Classes and Balance
    • Iron Vanguard: Ferocious Reaction: This power should no longer incorrectly trigger multiple times at once when many DoT effects are on the player.
    • Oathbound Paladin: Oath of Protection: Binding Oath: Binding Oath now reflects 20% of the total damage taken to foes when it ends (down from 50%). The Paladin still takes 50% of the damage he would have taken during this time.
    • Scourge Warlock: Feats: Dark Revelry: This feat now correctly uses the target's power when buffing them.
    • Trickster Rogue: Final Moments: This feat has been renamed to Dying Breath.

Content and Environment
    • Dungeons: Epic level 70 dungeons now have personal loot for defeating bosses, and players will now get independent chances at loot.
    • Elemental Evil: Various critical bug fixes to quests.
    • Kessel's Retreat: It is no longer possible to bypass certain encounters.

Items and Economy
    • Epic level 70 dungeons now all give appropriate rewards including seals when defeating bosses.
    • There are new rewards for gaining a level after level 70. Previously unclaimed rewards from level 60 will not be upgraded.

User Interface:
    • Collections for Epic Gear has been updated to include current level 70 end game gear and their respective locations.
    • Level 60 equipment in the "Epic Equipment" and "Artifact Equipment" categories will no longer be displayed for players who do not possess at least one item in the set.

Nothing to see here at all. This is like the 3rd preview patch that literally addresses none of the players feedback. Why do we test then? You guys are Xbox busy or what?
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    stretch611stretch611 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rinat114 wrote: »
    set bonuses like accursed and fabled for sw's should go. it's on a set-dependant level and these set bonuses are stupidly broken. i suggest giving the new sets bonuses neither OP or meaningless, but unique to each class. please take this into consideration.

I agree that having a class rely on the set bonuses is a problem and that bonus should go away. However, by losing the bonus on the 2 SW sets, a warlock will have horrible DPS. If the bonus is removed and not replaced, SWs really need to get a buff just to stay competitive with other DPS classes.
    @stretch611

Murphster - SS CW | Jennsen Rahl - MoF CW
    Taarna - GWF
    Eowyn - Protector OP | Leela - Devoted OP
    Mara Jade - TR
    Leeloo - Tempt SW | Kahlan Amnell - Fury SW | Galadriel - Damnation SW
    Sturm Nightblade - GF
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Classes and Balance
    • Iron Vanguard: Ferocious Reaction: This power should no longer incorrectly trigger multiple times at once when many DoT effects are on the player.
    Thanks, bloodtheft is next I hope?

Anyone tested this already btw?
  • Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    apparently every one will have the same item lvl when in a full set of lvl 70 or 60 gear when the game lauches that ought to enrage the GS queen PvPers
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ratattacksratattacks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You fixed Ferocious Reaction, that's great!
    How about Shadow of Demise double and triple procing on DoT enchants ?
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ratattacks wrote: »
    You fixed Ferocious Reaction, that's great!
    How about Shadow of Demise double and triple procing on DoT enchants ?

the same fix on bloodtheft would be great.
    bloodtheft multiprocs now i dont know if it works as intented or not but it basically kills SW
  • Options
    lnxepiquelnxepique Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    @panderus , I am wondering if necrotic damage from the terror enchantment is working with the warlocks creeping death skill and if it will in mod 6. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    anim3kanim3k Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Panderus- Why the golden belt (from losmauth set) give 2 int and cha? that set 2int+2cha is already exist....U cannot give finally 2 str-2dex?
  • Options
    htiramhtiram Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hello,
    I thought you going to fix error with new sets. I bought new PVP set and not I`ve got nothing on my character. My set with all enchantments is GONE! I made all 12`s and can`t even test it because in game it says: "Error getting item info". Well. I can`t even change any part of my set, because when I click on head for example, my game c Nice try to test anything... Why didn`t you fix it with this patch?

image.jpg
    image.jpg

Second thing what I would ask is about new Lostmauth and Valindra sets. Both belts are 2INT and 2CHA. Is that fair to give more sets which are only for CW? Black Ice set got the same stats (Crit, Armor Penetration and Power) as new Lostmauth set. Is it another mistake or all stats are correct? I`m just curious because I was planning to use Valindra set for my TR but now with these stats its just usless.

Third thing is about old cloaks and belts. After clicking CTRL+J you have different ones! In my case, I gathered all Imperial dragon set. This is my cloak which I`m having on Neverwinter Preview at the moment:
    image.jpg
    But when you check it in CTRL+J it`s WORSE!!!!!:
    image.jpg
    The same situation is with belts. So is it means that we`ll have to get and upgrade another belt/cloak?!

Let`s put it together:
    - we have to get and upgrade 2 (TWO) new weapons => 9.200.000RP
    - we have to get and upgrade new BELT and CLOAK => 9.200.000RP
    - we have to upgrade 3 (THREE) artifacts to mythic ones => 1 (ONE) artifact needs 6.500.000RP from level 100 to level 140 =>19.500.000RP
    - we have to get and upgrade 1 (ONE) brand new 4th artifact from level 1 to level 140 =>10.300.000RP
    - we have to upgrade all enchantments to level 12 from our equipment; we have 20 (TWENTY) slots and 1 upgrade costs 2.000.000 form level 10 to 12 => 40.000.000RP
    - we have to upgrade our Ioun stones; my Ioun got 3 two-slotted rings and 3 more runes; we have 9 (NINE) enchantment and rune slots and 2 upgrade costs 2.000.000RP from level 10 to 12 => 18.000.000
    Let`s see how much RP we will need in MODULE 6 (if there won`t be any changes)=====>106.200.000RP!!!!!
    Even if we skip point with new belt and cloak its gonna be still more than 90milions... I`m not worried about that because I got some RP points saved for Module 6 but what about new players?

Sorry, if it is in wrong toppic but I just wanted to show everyone what MODULE 6 will (or mabye won`t; who knows?)give us.
  • Options
    drakkon5drakkon5 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    htiram wrote: »
    Hello,
    I thought you going to fix error with new sets. I bought new PVP set and not I`ve got nothing on my character. My set with all enchantments is GONE! I made all 12`s and can`t even test it because in game it says: "Error getting item info". Well. I can`t even change any part of my set, because when I click on head for example, my game c Nice try to test anything... Why didn`t you fix it with this patch?

image.jpg
    image.jpg

Second thing what I would ask is about new Lostmauth and Valindra sets. Both belts are 2INT and 2CHA. Is that fair to give more sets which are only for CW? Black Ice set got the same stats (Crit, Armor Penetration and Power) as new Lostmauth set. Is it another mistake or all stats are correct? I`m just curious because I was planning to use Valindra set for my TR but now with these stats its just usless.

Third thing is about old cloaks and belts. After clicking CTRL+J you have different ones! In my case, I gathered all Imperial dragon set. This is my cloak which I`m having on Neverwinter Preview at the moment:
    image.jpg
    But when you check it in CTRL+J it`s WORSE!!!!!:
    image.jpg
    The same situation is with belts. So is it means that we`ll have to get and upgrade another belt/cloak?!

Let`s put it together:
    - we have to upgrade 3 (THREE) artifacts to mythic ones => 1 (ONE) artifact needs 6.500.000RP from level 100 to level 140 =>19.500.000RP
    - we have to get and upgrade 1 (ONE) brand new 4th artifact from level 1 to level 140 =>10.300.000RP
    - we have to upgrade all enchantments to level 12 from our equipment; we have 20 (TWENTY) slots and 1 upgrade costs 2.000.000 form level 10 to 12 => 40.000.000RP
    - we have to upgrade our Ioun stones; my Ioun got 3 two-slotted rings and 3 more runes; we have 9 (NINE) enchantment and rune slots and 2 upgrade costs 2.000.000RP from level 10 to 12 => 18.000.000
    Let`s see how much RP we will need in MODULE 6 (if there won`t be any changes)=====>106.200.000RP!!!!!
    Even if we skip point with new belt and cloak its gonna be still more than 90milions... I`m not worried about that because I got some RP points saved for Module 6 but what about new players?

Sorry, if it is in wrong toppic but I just wanted to show everyone what MODULE 6 will (or mabye won`t; who knows?)give us.
    We'll get a New Cloak and Belt... The Greater ones with better Stats, and that's right you'll Need like 40.000.000 to Get BIS ��
  • Options
    laiusslaiuss Member Posts: 45
    edited March 2015

There's one serious error in your calculations:
    we have to

Who forces to you to upgrade everything so it's BiS ? Is there a guy with a whip behind your back ? Simply because there are BiS items in game doesn't mean all players will have them.

Oh. And btw cut your calculations by half - 2xRP weekends.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    laiuss wrote: »
    There's one serious error in your calculations:

Who forces to you to upgrade everything so it's BiS ? Is there a guy with a whip behind your back ? Simply because there are BiS items in game doesn't mean all players will have them.

Oh. And btw cut your calculations by half - 2xRP weekends.

I am not sure whether we are "forced" to have near BiS stuff for whatever content in the game. This kind of argument happened like "who forced you to have blah blah blah to do Tiamat" but the reality was players were FORCED to have at least 20k GS or they would not get a group to do Tiamat for a long while only until everybody was about gone then they lowered it to 17k.
  • Options
    delfeluguedelfelugue Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    the stuff pvp gear for CW are the TR gear ???
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have picked up two Unified Elements in Drowned Shore through two of the quests. This is a pretty big change considering the description still states that they are only acquired from Alchemy or the Auction House.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    dragonikingdragoniking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18
    edited March 2015
    1. Head gear lost on OP again after new patch (crashing system when try to click on black hole)
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    scathias wrote: »
    Could you reverse this change please? Being able to see all the gear in collections has been a wonderful thing to have available ever since it was introduced. Using collections a person had all the endgame gear in the game available to them to plan out progression and rough ideas of what gear they wanted etc.
    It seems like this is just for the lv 60 gear but it would be nice if that stuff was still available.

So maybe if there was a toggle to 'Show all lv 60 Gear" instead? that would keep collections clean as well as provide convenient access

I second this, not being able to see gear sets, and learn where and how to get them until after you have started to get them isn't that helpful.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    I second this, not being able to see gear sets, and learn where and how to get them until after you have started to get them isn't that helpful.

I think this was done cause they removed all of the lvl 60 set from existence they removed the GG and profound sets from the trade of blades so i think the only way to get any of the old sets is via the AH but i cant confirm this.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dragonikingdragoniking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18
    edited March 2015
    One question. What with this XP from quests in Drowned Shore again? 2k XP lvl 60?? cmon!
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    One question. What with this XP from quests in Drowned Shore again? 2k XP lvl 60?? cmon!

I ended up slotting Azure 5s in all my utility slots. The level progression is just too slow for my liking.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    can we get a fix for all the ruined lev 70s due to the armor black hole? or here is an idea

since this mod for testing includes 10 levels that need grinding how about a zen market XP boost to 70 so "just copying another toon to test" is actually feasable for the people whos toons are borked
  • Options
    anim3kanim3k Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Black ice belt-2 int 2 Cha
    Golden belt(losmauth) -2int 2 cha
    Valindra Belt - 2 int 2 cha
    Sorry wtf? Where is finally belt 2 str 2 dex?
  • Options
    drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    theoddis1 wrote: »
    can we get a fix for all the ruined lev 70s due to the armor black hole? or here is an idea

since this mod for testing includes 10 levels that need grinding how about a zen market XP boost to 70 so "just copying another toon to test" is actually feasable for the people whos toons are borked

Or even a "level-up" NPC in town, while i believe that all things should be tested thoroughly, including 0-70 from a huge change like this mod is, and that a class like paladin needs to be tested the same since its new... but really, who wants to keep leveling toons to test content @ end game, just to get fubarred as you get there.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm so glad to hear about personal loot and getting rid of set bonuses, many sets were very unbalanced and made some sets too powerful compared to others, leaving them as the only viable option.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    rescout1rescout1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I just hope dont kill Black Ice Gear! because on preview it's already obsolet.
  • Options
    neverknight5neverknight5 Member Posts: 79
    edited March 2015
    Bug:Transcendsnt Terror gives power instead of decreasing it and does not reduce defence by 40%. I did some extensive testing with a GWF friend, each time she used sure strike my power went from 10% to 19% to 24%. I have 30% DR and it was reduced to the 20s instead of having -10. Please fix.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    We are experiencing some technical difficulties bringing the server up. It will be a bit longer than initially anticipated before its back up while we look into these issues.

More fixes have been done that will be for the live release that did not make it into this build.

End game gear can be viewed in collections and acquired from their respective locations. Our first two tiers of end game loot will not have set bonuses at this time. The future of set bonuses is still being discussed for long term progression needs.

I PRAY that you guys do NOT bring back set bonuses. If anything it would be MUCH better to offer unique "Overload" Enchants that do NOT perish (meaning permanent) that drops off hard bosses or a quest reward.

These could be class specific, and ability specific.

These can be AKIN to the old T1/T2 set bonuses. We do NOT need set bonuses that limit gear choice.
  • Options
    glartyglarty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Suggestion for Tiamat post M6-

Get rid of the hourly start with 5 minute entry scenario.
    Make it a 24/7 thing.
    Simply, create an instance when 25 people queue, you achieved this with GG.
    So a guild (or group of like minded and skilled players) can get 25 players to all meet at the Temple at a specific time and enter.
    This would not guarantee all 25 people would be in the instance, but it would come close.

Benefits of this change -
    Guild's have a purpose again, yes, guilds.
    The players can organise and plan a strategy before they enter.
    CW's can be advised that Ice Storm will cause an instant fail and not to use it.
    NW back end server load will be better balanced, with the associated rise in network traffic spread more evenly throughout the day.
    Lag/disconnects that are currently caused by server load and network traffic surges would be reduced

Con's
    You need to change the Reclamation Hoard thing - this is the main problem with this idea
    Personally i would be fine if the reclamation thing was gone and i could queue with my guidies and friends
    Other technical issues that this would cause
    You already have too much to do before launch

Just an idea for consideration that should be looked into going forward, not required at launch.

M6 content requires teamwork, skill and people to know their class more than ever before.
    The random adhoc nature of joining the Tiamat fight will not likely ever work in M6.
  • Options
    hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    We found that in end game dungeons if used by a Tankadin this power would nearly single handedly boost the paladins damage output above or equal to nearly all other classes.

If they need a damage increase in other areas or further adjustments are needed this was noise preventing that from happening. You might as well make all the classes have the same attack we already have the same defense.In fact most all of your DPS class can tank even better than a Tank.And don't even get me started on how slow we are.Last man in first man out.
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So now T1 and T2 gears at level 70 will not have set bonuses? What about pvp gears? Please dont tell me i have to mine 300k Black Ice in order to unlock set effect on my T2 pvp gears... I dont have that much of time doing these pve grinding. Please give back our set bonuses, it is them who gives uniqueness in different build. I really cannot accept all people using the same build and gear, whats the point of doing this in a roleplaying dnd game? Character cloning?? I hope I can get a positive answer from devs. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.