test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150304a.3

Comments

• healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Some feedback: I don't know who's responsible for cutting all exp in half, but it's awful, I got bored after doing 10 quests, it took me more then an hour (100 mobs to kill requirements ftw) and I got bored to hell. All this grind is boooooring, now it's even worse.

I think that would be also the ones who tried very hard to remove many AD sources such as Lord Portector's Dailies and current content like SoT, LoL, GG as well as pushing all other epic dungeons to level 70.

Their intention is clear, players virtually make no AD grinding their way to level 70. Far less AD sources from direct nerf like Lord Neverember and indirect nerf from the removal of AD making content means the poor will never get any reasonable way to get any AD to buy anything worthy. That will force them to buy zen/AD or quit. My bet is they will all pick the easy way out. A game is about content. All grind with no rewards and no content makes Jack a dull boy.
  • mrsmcsmithymrsmcsmithy Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    offhand and cloak at day 1....the more you know

Dude I said gear set , not pieces of artifact gear.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    [BUG] HE fail before time is up

BUG - HEs in Drowned Shore (protect merchants) and Spinward Rise (Elemental Assault) give "failed" message in the middle of fighting -- BEFORE time is up.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So I'm "fighting at level 70" but I'm still receiving level 45 potions? ... Cool!
    Either way, if I can only have one buff potion active at a time, what am I gonna do with the rest of them? I'm obviously gonna use the same one or two potions all the time, and the rest will be useless. Am I missing something?
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    walk2k wrote: »
    [BUG] HE fail before time is up

BUG - HEs in Drowned Shore (protect merchants) and Spinward Rise (Elemental Assault) give "failed" message in the middle of fighting -- BEFORE time is up.

Merchant is dead??
    edited March 2015
    jazzfong wrote: »
    Merchant is dead??

Both merchants were still alive at nearly 100% health a second before it failed.

It's possible but only if the enemies have some kind of 1-shot attack that kills them both instantly - which of course would be a bug itself that must be fixed.

The other HE's, in Spinward Rise, there's no reason why they should fail instantly as they do.
  • clairemo314clairemo314 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    For some reason my Neverwinter game wont open, the arc launcher says it needs to be repaired but the repair fails each time. Anyone else experiencing this? I tried removing arc and all associated games and redownloading it but still no improvement.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    For some reason my Neverwinter game wont open, the arc launcher says it needs to be repaired but the repair fails each time. Anyone else experiencing this? I tried removing arc and all associated games and redownloading it but still no improvement.

Try to run it in safe mode
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • gl0ugl0ugl0ugl0u Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Level 60 Dragon Heralds still give me Draconic 5 and refinements stones. Is it normal ?
    edited March 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Try to run it in safe mode

How do I do that?
    edited March 2015
    How do I do that?

On the login page at the top you will see options option , click that then tick run in safe mode then press save , it might help , it might not but it is worth trying .

I am having problems with the preview client too , I can't get past the Neverwinter loading screen before (the one before the character select screen) unless I run it in safe mode , once the character select screen loads I can maximize the screen again and play as usual ,it's weird.
    edited March 2015
    On the login page at the top you will see options option , click that then tick run in safe mode then press save , it might help , it might not but it is worth trying .

I am having problems with the preview client too , I can't get past the Neverwinter loading screen before (the one before the character select screen) unless I run it in safe mode , once the character select screen loads I can maximize the screen again and play as usual ,it's weird.

The log in page on the neverwinter game? The game itself wont open at all
    edited March 2015
    The log in page on the neverwinter game? The game itself wont open at all

You can't get into the login page even O_o , with you saying you ran the repair I thought you meant the force verify on the login screen.

Have you tried running it as administrator , also stupid question but are you having this issue with just the preview client or with both live and preview?
    edited March 2015
    You can't get into the login page even O_o , with you saying you ran the repair I thought you meant the force verify on the login screen.

Have you tried running it as administrator , also stupid question but are you having this issue with just the preview client or with both live and preview?

I deleted arc and the games associated with it, redownloaded and installed it again but every time I try to open it, as administrator or not, it begins to repair then encounters an error.

I'm not sure what the question about the live or preview client means...
    edited March 2015
    The arc repair program from the start menu also encounters the same problem
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A serious questiion, do the Devs try their changes before release or do they wait for the ammount of rage created by their changes to quantify the effects.

Damage increased <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>% a few weeks later dmg reduced <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>% etc. This is no fine tuning. It feels like over the top blind shots in any direction.

If this goes live, 90% of the players will not be able to do solo content without a group. CC immune mobs deal 30k+ hits, seriously. PPl asked for challenging group content, not for trash mobs who can oneshot you, if you bother to do the daily quest.

This is no fun with R 9s/10s 30k HP, all legendary etc. Dont bother with a 'but with the new gear...' response, bc the new gear will be a horrible grind and without a serious ammount of RP equal to the gear I have now, exept for the missing setboni. Casuals will struggle to get the HP or dps I have now even with level 70 gear.

If this goes live I wonder if there will be a fix before a mass exodus of frustrated players happens.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • asmose01asmose01 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have to be honest here the more I read about the changes to this game in module six the less I want to play this game when it comes out,
    1) I for one work and can't pray four times a day for the extra coins and will most likely loose out on the single one I get now by the sounds of it.
    2) paladins don't need to have the same dps as other class's but I have to say if they want us to level one its got to have some power behind it or the class is going to go no where fast!
    3) regardless of success or failure in Tiamat I hate running it over and over again for those favors they need to bring a second way to gain them into the game that does not require 1500 rep as I mentioned I work so I can play!
    4) here is an easy solution even WoW did not consider at launch of mod six remove all the farmed linues for the pve players and all the glory/coins from the pvp players (btw pve players the pvp players can buy it but they can't use it until they grind the ten levels along side us so its not like they are at the top right of the bat)
    5) I like others have legendary RP gear but honestly I agree with the majority of players the gear needs to go and the artifacts can stay, I liked the grind for crafted supplies to build my own weapons and it should have been left at that! but need is greed and I am sure the company is making a **** ton of money off of all those people buying RP from the zen market.
    6) the company and developers have all ready made the decision PVP wins over PVE guys on release of the OP discussion out of that hour 35 to 40 mins was all PVP talk.

As I said the closer we get to the new release date the less likely I am going to play and will move onto Tera or some other F2P MMO and if your really not happy with the changes there making I suggest you do the same because its not going to get any better and getting your self worked up over it is not going to change anything.
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Seals in Temple of the Spider

I ran Temple of the Spider on epic difficulty earlier today and defeated the first two bosses. Both of them dropped Seals of the Elements even though they should drop Seals of the Protector due to being a Tier 2 dungeon.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The Dungeon Master's Guide is backwards: GWD, CC and ToS are the lower tier dungeons and should drop Seals of the Elements, and MC, VT and LoL are the higher tier dungeons and should drop Seals of the Protector.

So no bug with your drops.
  • neopreenneopreen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ouch... what happend now?!

Just ran some testings in open field yesterday with transcendent enchants and was surprised I couldn´t one-shot em anymore but died at some L69 mobs...

Until this patch a non-fully charged RH was able to almost one-shot everything and was able to easily kill the big ones. I was able to run some HEs even it was challenging to stay alive with the ... the new lifesteal and regen mechanics along with the extended cd of pots. Right now it´s impossible.
    Mobs dealing >25k dmg and have above 200k HP (WTF?!)

I´m really tiered of testing things and recognizing that the devs change it the other week...
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    asmose01 wrote: »
    (btw pve players the pvp players can buy it but they can't use it until they grind the ten levels along side us so its not like they are at the top right of the bat)

Tomes of Experience + Azures in utility slots + XP boosters

Not too hard to completely avoid questing to get to lvl 70, or to do at most just minimal questing
    edited March 2015
    asterotg wrote: »
    If this goes live, 90% of the players will not be able to do solo content without a group. CC immune mobs deal 30k+ hits, seriously. PPl asked for challenging group content, not for trash mobs who can oneshot you, if you bother to do the daily quest.

This is no fun with R 9s/10s 30k HP, all legendary etc.

30k HP there's your problem. my cw at 61 had about 42k hp. now at 67 he has 60k. Elemental gear is mandatory at level 61.

mandatory

do yourself a big favor and farm 200 dragon coins on live, then copy your character over and buy the elemental set. then try again.

there's no daily I can't do even though he's only 67 in Spinward rise (level 68-69 trash mobs)

HE's are another story. the minor ones (2-3 player) are a challenge but doable, with rez potions. higher ones require groups - this is as intended... gone are the days of being able to solo major HE (6-10 player)
    edited March 2015
    if you're a CW shield on tab is also mandatory. basically we are losing 1 encounter slot
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wait, if that's the case why do MC, VT, and LoL have 1,600 item level requirements and GWD, CC, and ToS have 2,000 required item level?
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • elvenaarelvenaar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    is it just me or is everyone else getting the impression that there won't be any EE dungeons afterall? I mean they are raising current dungeons to lvl 70, which pardon me for being frank, but have absolutely no connection to the new module's storyline. Also I'm getting the impression that the Elemental Prophets will be killable via HEs, which again will be the black sheep of the content as people want dungeons not HEs. When will Cryptic understand this?(After the Tiamat fiasco you'd think they would've learned a bit from their mistakes and gone back to the pre-HE designs, but I guess not)
    If there really won't be any dungeons for the elemental content and as this patch says they are actually taking away normal SoT and LoL, well let's just say I see dark clouds on the horizon...
  • drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    if you're a CW shield on tab is also mandatory. basically we are losing 1 encounter slot

So what you're saying is, the cw now has as many encounter slots as everyone else? Since shield is "mandatory" and all.
    edited March 2015
    30k HP there's your problem. my cw at 61 had about 42k hp. now at 67 he has 60k. Elemental gear is mandatory at level 61.

mandatory

Not completely mandatory, I went from 60 to 70 wearing my live gear on my lock, I just had to learn to fight a little differently, new tactics for a "new" game more or less, old play style aren't going to work as well, you cant rush a mob anymore. But I would recommend letting go of the T2 gear, it really is useless.
    do yourself a big favor and farm 200 dragon coins on live, then copy your character over and buy the elemental set. then try again.

Don't forget to dragon claw/talon things, even after grinding a pally to 70 and getting lvl 68+ green gear drops... the blue 61 gear from WoD is still better.. as long as it meshes with your desired stat set that is.
    there's no daily I can't do even though he's only 67 in Spinward rise (level 68-69 trash mobs)

Yup, once you are the appropriate level, its really not that bad, although I think they should give everyone a natural HP raise since everything else in the game got one.
    HE's are another story. the minor ones (2-3 player) are a challenge but doable, with rez potions. higher ones require groups - this is as intended... gone are the days of being able to solo major HE (6-10 player)

Yup, they are forcing groups for group content.. I"m ok with it, except for the parts in the new areas that give you HE's as repeatable hourly missions.
    edited March 2015
    drtysnchz wrote: »
    So what you're saying is, the cw now has as many encounter slots as everyone else? Since shield is "mandatory" and all.

lol never played a hunter?
    also technically cleric has 6, though they are just variations, and on the same cooldown

point is cw is supposed to have 4 encounters, it's a tradeoff for having rice paper for armor. now basically after level 70 they cant.
    edited March 2015
    lol never played a hunter?
    also technically cleric has 6, though they are just variations, and on the same cooldown

point is cw is supposed to have 4 encounters, it's a tradeoff for having rice paper for armor. now basically after level 70 they cant.

I have an HR yes, and I'm aware how their encounters work, but they still only had 3 encounters slotted. The lock has 6 too then by your logic, since they have a tab feature that changes how encounters operate, which means the GF has 4 at-will powers too, what about the TR? i dont have one of those, but technically... the cw has 4 where everyone else has 3... i would happily sacrifice my locks tab for a 4th encounter.

Bigger point being, up your HP to appropriate levels for the area you're in and you don't have to worry about shield so much... Once again.... Its a new game essentially, you cant play a new game with old play style, it fails... new tactics are needed... no more gung ho.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
This discussion has been closed.