test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150304a.3

Comments

• kaenkirakaenkira Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    dyeslee wrote: »
    1 piece of the new elven Raid gear from seal vendor costs: 400 seals of the protector.. (this is only the initial piece to upgrade with)
    WHICH do the math: (400 Seals / Seal drops avg. 10 per Epic Dungeon = 40 only if successful)
    THEN I have to make or earn over 20 Unified elements.
    WHICH means a ton of grinding the new hourly Dailies just to be gather the 4 elemental air, earth, fire, and water to make Elemental Aggregates..
    WHICH can only be made
    AFTER... Getting alchemy to 25..
    WHICH Is going to take 3-5 days if I don't have over 200K AD to finish the tasks early..
    THEN has to be discovered with the experimentation rank 25 alchemical experimentation
    BUT WAIT Theres more!
    IT takes 7 days just to make 1 ELemental Aggregate.
    THEN It takes 4 of the elemental Aggregates to make 1 Unified Elements..
    WHICH Also has to be discovered with the Rank 25 Alchemy Experimentation
    AND the Uified Elements.. Takes 12 Days per 1 to be crafted...
    THEN.. have to make 15 Unified elements..
    Just to get to this point.. (7 day Per elemental aggregate @ 4 per Unified elements @ 20 for 1 epic item @ 12 days to make one...) Thats a LOOONG time to just to get to that point of making 1 Item)
    JUST to get Rank 5 black ice forging..
    WHICH also takes 75,000 Black Ice and 15 Unified Elements...
    THEN have to make another 4 Unified Elements for the upgrade..
    THEN I can finally take that Elven Raid Chest item and upgrade it finally..

I am not even going to try to figure out how many gaming hours and days involved JUST to make ONE piece of the Epic PVE gear..

And if you compare all that time you spend for that one Epic lvl 70 PVE Chest Armor to the lvl 70 PVP chest armor.. Yeah those stats dont lie.. the EPic PVP 70 Item that the PVPer's get to buy on Day 1 of Mod 6 release is better then all those days and hours grinding spent, JUST to make one PVE Item

If this is true then they've taken GRIND to a whole new level....
  • joan234joan234 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If I were an investor. Just saying if or someone that represents them. Well let me give you a sample. I would explain that my clients are about profit a return on said investment is not optional it is expected and demanded of them. That driving off huge player bases to them looks like potential buyers walking out the door. Do not alienate customers for your soul entertainment You are developer's not owners stop using this game world as your personal sandbox. It has not fallen on deaf ears that the two most over powered classes the CW and the TR are what is played most often buy the development team. Open your eyes because now others are watching you.
  • mrmcsmithysmrmcsmithys Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2015

The discussions are moving from requesting for more info/better PVE gears with set bonuses to how to prevent PVPers from getting their new gears on Day 1.

This over focus on 'Theory of Equal Misery' ain't going to help us PVE players much, if at all.

It isn't anything to do with equal misery , I'm guessing that it is safe to assume that the developers never ever intended for pvp players to be able to get hold of a full set of BiS gear on launch day of the new module , and that is without taking into account the fact that apparently they need to exploit a known bug to do it , obviously never intended by the developers.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It isn't anything to do with equal misery , I'm guessing that it is safe to assume that the developers never ever intended for pvp players to be able to get hold of a full set of BiS gear on launch day of the new module , and that is without taking into account the fact that apparently they need to exploit a known bug to do it , obviously never intended by the developers.

pve players can prefarm refining points.
    pve players can prefarm astral diamonds.
    pve player can prefarm linu-

i dont do pve for reasons.
    gimme an equal field, delete all refining points from the game .

i got the logic right?
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    And who will be the first to sell the new PVE gear on the market to all of the PVE players who have millions of AD to spend? Hmm I wonder...

^^^
    i disagreed with you on the previous locked thread,but i though again the things you said.

And the more i think ,the more i come to the conclusion that pvp players should not get BiS geat at day 3 or 5.While pve players should wait for a month or two.Powerfull BiS pvp guilds will manipulate the economy.
    I think some things can happen to balance things out:One or a combination of them.

1)A new pvp coin for the new pvp armor.
    2)Increase the required glory to obtain the pvp set .The increase should be proportional to the time a pve player would grind to get the pve set.if that is average one month,increase grlory required to a average pvp player ginding glory for one month.
    3)Nerf the pvp set .make it comparable to T5 BI set.
    4)Change the stats of the pvp set.Add more tenacity(useless in pve) and decrease defence and hp.

And i am sure some will attack me for my propositions,i state that even now i have capped glory at 50k and 73 seals plus many grim coins.i can attain the pvp set the day i reach lv70.But i think it is not right.

Nw became boring cause we all outgear the content.Devs got into a hard work,rebalanced the stat line etc.What is the point ,if we all be again BiS in day one???

And i don't like segregation:Pve players (most free to play) grind non stop while pvp players have it easy.No.
    edited March 2015
    PVP players can do all of those things as they're doing now to get their legendary/perfect gear to gain edge over their opponents along with straight up buying the gear.
    PVE players have to level up crafting and wait for days just to get the ingredients for their gear to even attempt to get through harder pve content.

See the difference?
    edited March 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    pve players can prefarm refining points.
    pve players can prefarm astral diamonds.
    pve player can prefarm linu-

i dont do pve for reasons.
    gimme an equal field, delete all refining points from the game .

i got the logic right?

Well that would be fantastic if any of those things were used to buy the current BiS PvE gear on preview , unfortunately they are not , and I seriously can not believe you think that the developers ever intended for it to be possible for pvp players to be able to get a full set of BiS gear on day one of the module , are you serious? lmao
    edited March 2015
    kaenkira wrote: »
    PVP players can do all of those things as they're doing now to get their legendary/perfect gear to gain edge over their opponents along with straight up buying the gear.
    PVE players have to level up crafting and wait for days just to get the ingredients for their gear to even attempt to get through harder pve content.

See the difference?

straight up buy the gear with astral diamonds which i m supposed to farm in pve which i dont want to do for reasons. its the same.
    pvp and pve are two different mini game.
    while the purpose in pve is to gain the gear and then leave the game until the new mod comes, the purpose in pvp is to use the gear. you dont have a way to gear up in pvp, you see that right?

@you are still talking about full bis but you probably havent seen the new pvp set of last week.
    thanks god regardless what they decide to do, i can stack up ****tons of power artifacts and call it a day
    edited March 2015
    straight up buy the gear with astral diamonds which i m supposed to farm in pve which i dont want to do for reasons. its the same.
    pvp and pve are two different mini game.
    while the purpose in pve is to gain the gear and then leave the game until the new mod comes, the purpose in pvp is to use the gear. you dont have a way to gear up in pvp, you see that right?

@you are still talking about full bis but you probably havent seen the new pvp set of last week.
    thanks god regardless what they decide to do, i can stack up ****tons of power artifacts and call it a day

Im assuming the new gear will be BoP just like PVP gear which makes you point moot. Get PVE gear and leave the game? That's not the point of an MMO. The point is to get loot, farm currency, get achievements and othe rarities and have fun grouping with other people playing through challenging content. Too bad most of it is missing in Neverwinter...
    edited March 2015
    Just end the pvp in this game. This is triage now. Pick what one brings you more beneficial assets IE revenue for the company. Playing or trying to play for both sides is driving off more customers then anything else. This is like mediating a divorce from an unhappy marriage. Guess what someone needs to walk away feeling at a loss. That someone should be who brings less to the table
    edited March 2015
    joan234 wrote: »
    Just end the pvp in this game. This is triage now. Pick what one brings you more beneficial assets IE revenue for the company. Playing or trying to play for both sides is driving off more customers then anything else. This is like mediating a divorce from an unhappy marriage. Guess what someone needs to walk away feeling at a loss. That someone should be who brings less to the table

they tried to do a pve mod...no dungeon no skirmishes
    this will not be a pvp game but sure as hell is not even pve
    edited March 2015
    Let's not bring PVP hate in here. All I want is for PVP and PVE people to have a chance at aquiring their gear in fair ways. The gigantic time wall created for PVE is what bothers me.
    edited March 2015
    It's not about hate or about love. It's about salvaging a failing enterprise. Time and time again it's been shown that in this game for whatever reasons. Player vs player and player vs environment do not mess at all. This is not the fault of the playyer. When other franchises are able to find a happy median between the two. The failing is on the developers that have failed in their job of which they were hired to perform. So now the company is left with only a select few options. Here's a hint as to just how bad the situation appears to be. For them to delay after an announced released as well as breaking multicompany agreements as to content release. That took an executive mandate meaning someone way up on the food chain had to put their neck out to okay that move. That in the business world translates into they were set to lose way more against any possible gains. Because that person sticking his neck out will need to answer to whatever board this company has. It's a big indication that they are ready to put aside wasteful *gaming tactics and look at what will bring in revenue. Do you think they care about anything other then profit? Seriously pvp PvE matters nothing to a businessman. Personally if it were me. You open your wallet and I'll make it rain loot what's virtual property anyway? No production cost no factory or massive labor over head. I bet they don't even have much of a need for contract negotiations so where is their overhead. So much potential for unlimited profit and these developer's are peeing in a head wind wondering why it tastes bad
    edited March 2015
    Agree. Happy player base will pay. Unhappy have an obvious choice - leave.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It makes me sick reading how people compare pvp and herald farming. Former requires you to be good enough to win and get glory in reasonable amount of time, to spend millions to get high end gear, to spend dozens of hours waiting for queue to pop, while the latter can be farmed naked by standing a few feet near the dragons.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
    edited March 2015
    Good enough to stand next to the fire above the pvp arena and play with my cell phone. That's about what I would do if I was forced to pvp. You want endless matches filled with people that will just que into pvp matches to afk through it? That's where thus will lead.
    edited March 2015
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    It makes me sick reading how people compare pvp and herald farming. Former requires you to be good enough to win and get glory in reasonable amount of time, to spend millions to get high end gear, to spend dozens of hours waiting for queue to pop, while the latter can be farmed naked by standing a few feet near the dragons.
    and of course they dont even realize they could sell the drop
    edited March 2015
    joan234 wrote: »
    Good enough to stand next to the fire above the pvp arena and play with my cell phone. That's about what I would do if I was forced to pvp. You want endless matches filled with people that will just que into pvp matches to afk through it? That's where thus will lead.

just do it then, you arent breaking any rules
  • rescout1rescout1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wanna know if stats of Black Ice Set lvl 70 will be improved? .. because the current are terrible :/
    edited March 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    those pve players..

ok if u want pve to be same as pvp then lets make every piece of pve gear BoP no matter where or from who it drops

thx.

a really good suggestion indeed. #4GreaterJustice
  • cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Let's not bring PVP hate in here. All I want is for PVP and PVE people to have a chance at aquiring their gear in fair ways. The gigantic time wall created for PVE is what bothers me.

Totally agree with you on this.
    edited March 2015
    those pve players..

ok if u want pve to be same as pvp then lets make every piece of pve gear BoP no matter where or from who it drops

thx.

Or lets just make it so that pvp gear cannot be used to run pve content and pve gear cannot be used in pvp content , problem solved .

Although binding all gear really wouldn't make much difference now , BiS T2 gear is selling for a few thousand AD for the past few months now so I doubt anybody would really suffer badly.

And I honestly cannot believe that some people think it is perfectly reasonable for them to be able to get hold of a full set of BiS gear on the first day of a new module , like seriously lmao.
    edited March 2015
    Or lets just make it so that pvp gear cannot be used to run pve content and pve gear cannot be used in pvp content , problem solved .

that s not parity, there would still be 0 way to make astrals doing pvp.
    teribad15 got the right analogy
    edited March 2015
    yes because you cant sell pvp gear while you can sell pve gear so lets make it all BoP.

As long as I can get gear for my class I'm fine with BoP aquired through tokens, not random drop. Let's not repeat the black ice gloves issue.
    Super rare BoP drop for another class? What a joke.
    In mod 6 dungeon chests will give out rough astral diamonds anyway so you get the salvage value but can't sell it.
    edited March 2015
    and of course they dont even realize they could sell the drop

Absolutely. This is the only reason they cry.
    those pve players..

thx.

That's why pre-farming Linu's might be compared to glory/seals pre-farming - it takes you lots of effort and you can't sell anything you buy.
    edited March 2015
    mehguy138 wrote: »

That's why pre-farming Linu's might be compared to glory/seals pre-farming - it takes you lots of effort and you can't sell anything you buy.

Sorry , I'm obviously missing something here , which BiS gear set can I purchase using pre farmed linus favors?
    edited March 2015
    Sorry , I'm obviously missing something here , which BiS gear set can I purchase using pre farmed linus favors?
    offhand and cloak at day 1....the more you know
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As long as I can get gear for my class I'm fine with BoP aquired through tokens, not random drop. Let's not repeat the black ice gloves issue.
    Super rare BoP drop for another class? What a joke.
    In mod 6 dungeon chests will give out rough astral diamonds anyway so you get the salvage value but can't sell it.

So basically bound to account then?
    edited March 2015
    we threw the discussion in spam, the point is:
    dont ask for changes when 99% of the game is built around making ad in pve and becoming poorer and poorer in pvp.
    we dont need new gear, but if we have to get it better getting it fast and asap because we are not playing vs mobs but vs people.
    there are already tons of imbalances, let alone make basic set another one.
    edited March 2015
    Some feedback: I don't know who's responsible for cutting all exp in half, but it's awful, I got bored after doing 10 quests, it took me more then an hour (100 mobs to kill requirements ftw) and I got bored to hell. All this grind is boooooring, now it's even worse.
This discussion has been closed.