test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150304a.3

Comments

• reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    learch123 wrote: »
    right now pve players have 4 new artifact gear to refinemain hand ,off hand neck, and belt but no armor set for them that has a set bonus we have to make bi gear or use lv 60 gear (and that wont work)right now i feel the devs are still a LONG way from releasing mod 6 (not even 3 weeks will do)

I'm just waiting for them to release a artifact amour set and try tell us its what we wanted.
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    reds351 wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for them to release a artifact amour set and try tell us its what we wanted.

omg no please no i cant handle more refining refining is the abslute worst part of the game
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I agree, however this is the wrong thread for this discussion on the gear sets...I was just reposting a dev statement concerning it. And who is to say that there will not be another PvP set added later? Just saying. I do not pvp, but I do see the need to immediatly have a lvl 70 set for pvp available, even if the plan is to add another set later for pvp alongside pve sets.
  • scarletsapphirescarletsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    well right now im using Templar gear and so far ive made it to level 65 without too much hassel ...and not finding too much opposition...so it seems to do fine
  • drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    well right now im using Templar gear and so far ive made it to level 65 without too much hassel ...and not finding too much opposition...so it seems to do fine

60-70 isnt hard with current live sets, its just a grind that honestly takes less than 2 days, then what?
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Nice work on the new icons, they look very nice for warlocks! It feels dark and evil, just as it should be ;)
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    learch123 wrote: »
    so far all we have are pvp sets with set bonuses

OK, thats what I thought. They have been in the game for a while, but have not been player visible (still aren't in this specific build as far as I know) but will be in next weeks preview build for sure.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    OK, thats what I thought. They have been in the game for a while, but have not been player visible (still aren't in this specific build as far as I know) but will be in next weeks preview build for sure.

Yippee , that's great news.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Does Dark Revelry stacks???
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    am I going blind or do all of the PVP armor sets have the exact same stats?
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Items and Economy
    • Heroic Encounter Rewards are now clamped to level 60 values if earned then.

this wording is confusing me...

"earned then" would imply you DID the heroic encounter THEN

but, i'm assuming this is to prevent preEE-farming yeah?

"heroic encounter rewards (looted in mod6) are now clamped to level 60 values if earned before mod6" << is this correct?

confirmation por favor?
    edited March 2015
    nm the Collections shows the same gear for all 3 sets :P
    edited March 2015
    there's 3-4 new PVE? armor sets in the Collections, but it doesn't say where they are from...

also, no set bonus
  • kyobi16kyobi16 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug:Fox cunning bugs damage with some weapon enchants giving 0 damage tooltip
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    panderus wrote:
    Sharandar: Reduced costs for early parts of Sharandar campaign to bring the campaign more into line with later ones.

Thank you! This change is long overdue, IMO.

panderus wrote:
    Queues now properly support Oathbound Paladin roles in all cases.

I'm curious - will OP's be treated as *both* tanks and healers, or will this depend on which paragon path they've chosen?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    walk2k wrote: »
    there's 3-4 new PVE? armor sets in the Collections, but it doesn't say where they are from...

also, no set bonus
    thos are all the bi sets
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    walk2k wrote: »

also, no set bonus

As of now, all of the PVE gear in the collections are from the BI crafting profession.
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug
    Quest rewards in DR/WoD/Sharandar/IWD all are giving 50-60% less experience then on live. (2640 for a quest instead of 4320 at lv 60).
    At lv 70 the reduction is similar, i am getting 2915 for a quest instead of 5300 or so it was before
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Heroic Encounter Rewards are now clamped to level 60 values if earned then.

Good job.

rotatorkuf wrote: »
    this wording is confusing me...

"earned then" would imply you DID the heroic encounter THEN

but, i'm assuming this is to prevent preEE-farming yeah?

"heroic encounter rewards (looted in mod6) are now clamped to level 60 values if earned before mod6" << is this correct?

confirmation por favor?

It means:

If you farmed lvl 60 rewards in order to obtain lvl 70 rewards, you will receive lvl 60 rewards, even if you claim them in mod 6. (good stuff)

• rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rodrant64 wrote: »
    Oh well. :(

But I'll take it since mod 6 is getting a much-needed delay to work out the kinks in content, gear and the classes. :D
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My enthusiasm is waning, I was a bit disheartend at the last patch changes on preview, tonight I log in after reading news of delay, which i'm not surprised considering the over abundance of problems, only to find that the PVP CW gear is non existant and has created black holes on my gear slots with it. My stats remain it seems or at least they seem to be the same but touching the gear slots causes the game to crash. Going to the ToB vendor for the armor shows me TR elemental PVP armor it does not show CW pvp armor at all so I can only assume something was done that has removed it from showing up in game and causeing my black holes in my gear slots with them.

At this time my preview playing appears to be at an end as I may not have a viable character to play and I really donn't feel like leveling another character to 70.

On a side note, what is the logic in the vigilance tasks? What exactly do the devs have in mind for them? Honestly I thought the 10 was abit much as I had to do 10 tasks I think 4 times so that was 40 tasks, then they upped it to 15 tasks 4 times at least in the drowned shores area ... might be 3 everywhere else, regardless OK fine I have to run the same stuff 45 times ... seems to be what they have in mind for Tiamat gotta run that in increments of 45 it seems ... but come on ... really? Do you have to limit the vigils so that you can't even get a full round in during a single hour without running back to a quest giver? What is the harm in letting us have 5 tasks to complete? Do you really think its fun spending your valuable game time running back and forth?

I'd be more understanding if it were known what exactly is the goal? If you are doing away with a campaign tree in general for these tasks thats great ... but if you are prolonging the time artificially on how long it takes to finish an area ... then why not just go back to do it daily ... you can only do 5 tasks in a given day instead of an hour .... I really don't want to see that happen but I really would like to know what the direction and thought is in these vigilance tasks. I think communication might help a bit if we know what the intent is ... otherwise it feels like we are just getting jerked around.
  • dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    now as far as the daily quest brought down to 3 per hour i agree with the previous reply before mine.. as well as from my own time on the preview.. I am able to easily complete all 5 tasks less then an hour with normally 20 min. to spare... my hr isnt max geared, nor running rank 10s and legendary arti's... cant afford it and I'm F2P...

What else are we left with to do? Not gonna do Dungeons.. no epic gear yet.. not gonna do pvp.. they got a full set of top end pvp gear from backed up glory points.. no chance that will turn out good..
    So please give us back the 5 per hour daily or as the above reply suggested.. make them all per day then..
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • dragonikingdragoniking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18
    edited March 2015
    •You many now only have up to 4 hourly vigilance quests down from 5.

Please rise it up to 5 cos many Mobs have very low rate drop quest items and still You can do it 1 quest for almost one hour (spineward rise hase very low rate drop of qest items) and now i am almost all the time only 1. How about full map of players? pls consider this.
    Bug - Voice of the sea - rewards still to GF not to Paladin.
  • evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Can you clarify what qualifies as a tank or healer? Will Righteous DCs and Conqueror GFs still eat a healer and tank slot, respectively? Will Sentinel GWFs and Temptation SWs still be incorrectly flagged as dps?

My conq GF tanks just fine and I would hate to be put in the queue as a dps class.

The queue could give you a useless tank or healer anyway, so you're always better using the LFG channel and specify your preference, e.g., need Healing dc and not righteous dc with an apprentice leeches/peaches cleric companion.
  • kkropal69kkropal69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    pvp set does not work set bonus from mage, about the other classes can't know
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cayapp wrote: »
    I agree except for the part about paying more. I do take issue with the fact they have a very easily obtaining set on day 1/2 that why could of pre-farmed for, and that issue needs to be address to maintain parity.

Yeah it isn't really very fair , pvpers can pre farm existing currencies to get BiS gear as soon as the module lands but the gear that is currently BiS for pve not only has to be crafted using lvl 5 black ice crafting but the base gear that we need to buy to be upgraded is also bought using a completely new currency that cannot be pre farmed.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Cryptic! Good Choice on delaying release!!! Shows that there is still some hope for you guys after all ;p

Now, Fix the Black Hole issue on lvl 70 Paladins, Or Provide items to level a toon to 70 in a few clicks etc.

you need the old Paladins to come back and continue testing for you
  • dragonikingdragoniking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18
    edited March 2015
    1. Sharandar lvl 71 still has 3k xp not 8k
    2. Rewards in drowned shore 2xBlue pants (why 2x, different quest same reward) and one Green shirt (why green) still for GF not for GF and Paladin
    3. Loot in common chest from lvl 61 to 72 (runestone and enchantment) are rank 3 or 4 not 5
    4. Power points and boons can't be stored again.
    5. Dread Ring - 3k xp as sharandar
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ^ Apparently

Is there a black hole where you're character used to be? If so then yes maybe when you click delete your character in favor of a new one the game will crash just like mine did when I tried to remove or inspect my black hole slots that used to be my CW elemental pvp gear that seems to have disappeared not only from my character but from ToB as well.
  • aeragar47aeragar47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Items and Economy
    • Heroic Encounter Rewards are now clamped to level 60 values if earned then.

So does this mean that all of the Linus that people are currently farming in Tiamat can't be used for level 70 rewards?
This discussion has been closed.