test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150304a.3

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    aeragar47 wrote: »
    So does this mean that all of the Linus that people are currently farming in Tiamat can't be used for level 70 rewards?

No , people were pre farming the Dragon heralds and then not collecting the rewards to save them up for module 6's release so they could get lvl 70 artifact gear on the first day of module 6 , this won't effect your Linu's .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    No, it means the Draconic Heralds rewards will not give you the new "Greater..." level 70 artifact belts.

However, you still get rank 5 Draconic enchantments and the new RP stones, although I got less total RPs after this patch.
  • kyobi16kyobi16 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Gushing Wound: This power no longer causes an infinite loop with weapon enchants.

Still get endless loop with paladin aura of courage.!
  • drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    n4uja wrote: »
    Overall DC is just for fan ppl that like to play it, becouse we are not good at nothing and we are easy replace by all other class's.

That's how I feel as a HB Fury. Except we literally have nothing to offer but dps, and with a lack of any type of control, stealth, invincibility, or even a power to knock things off of us were bottom of the barrel thanks to the nerfing of a mechanic that we were built around.

I'm fairly certain you will find a similar argument from every class honestly, as we all think our fav class should be top of the food chain.
  • n4ujan4uja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I dont take out your reason drtysnchz, but the small difference is that i talk overall about Dc no matter the feats, paragons etc, and you are talking about a specific way on HB.

Take some time and read the new stuff on DC and explain me what the hell is that, or the heroic feats we got since beta (5 points to give 1% crit).
  • drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    n4uja wrote: »
    I dont take out your reason drtysnchz, but the small difference is that i talk overall about Dc no matter the feats, paragons etc, and you are talking about a specific way on HB.

Take some time and read the new stuff on DC and explain me what the hell is that, or the heroic feats we got since beta (5 points to give 1% crit).

I have looked at it, I have a DC, and I agree with you...
  • zurimorzurimor Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Let me just say one thing: Patience is a virtue! :)
    That there's nothing in the patch notes about GWF, Warlock,... doesn't mean they aren't working on it.
    Same counts for PvE gear, etc. Did people unlearn to be patient?
    Give them some time and keep in mind that they only upload content to preview of which they think it's ready to be tested. I bet there are many other things they are working on.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    [BUG] armor items with 0 maximum hitpoints

green level 60 robe has "0 maximum hit points"
    +6 Cruel Robes of Parrying
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    zurimor wrote: »
    Let me just say one thing: Patience is a virtue! :)
    That there's nothing in the patch notes about GWF, Warlock,... doesn't mean they aren't working on it.

How long have people been asking for the GWF and SW to be raised on par with the rest? What did the SW get? A nerf....
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    1.) I upgraded my Ioun Stone Of Allure to Legendary and also got it up to the level 40. I did not notice any stat increase, but maybe I am looking at things wrong, IDK. The description also seems a bit confusing to me(maybe someone can explain):

Legendary Bonus
    Owner gains 15% of summoned pet's ratings.
    Applies to your summoned companion as long as this companion is active.

2.) I was in Fiery Pit and then went back to Drowned Shore and none of the NPCs have an exclamation mark above their head even though I can get missions from them.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    Classes and Balance
    • General
      • An assortment of feat icons across all classes have been adjusted to increase clarity.
      • New Class Features: Each class now correctly has a class feature unlocking at 65. Existing characters may want to respec if they experience issues purchasing or slotting powers.
    • Hunter Ranger
      • Fox's Cunning: Rank 4 of this power no longer makes the player invulnerable and is correctly removed after each hit.
      • Gushing Wound: This power no longer causes an infinite loop with weapon enchants.
    • Oathbound Paladin
      • Banishment: Rank 4 Banishment now cleans up correctly when expiring.
      • Cure Wounds: This heal can no longer be improperly deflected.
      • Divine Call energy is no longer emptied upon dying.
    • Scourge Warlock: Feats: Dark Revelry: This feat now grants Power as expected.

Enemies
    • Named enemies in Elemental Evil have had their difficulty increased.

Items and Economy
    • Heroic Encounter Rewards are now clamped to level 60 values if earned then.
    • Lowered the overall item level of the quest rewards from Elemental Evil content.
    • Pure Terror Enchant no longer does 10 times the damage it should.

Content and Environment
    • Elemental Evil: Slightly reduced the amount of gold and experience non instance quests give.
    • Epic Lair of Lostmauth and Kessell's Retreat now properly require level 70.
    • Epic Lair of Lostmauth, The Shores of Tuern Epic, and Kessell's Retreat now show the correct minimum item level in their descriptions.
    • Epic Skirmish queues will now place at least one tank and healer into each party.
    • The non-epic versions of Lair of Lostmauth and Shores of Tuern are no longer available.
    • The first tier of endgame dungeons and skirmishes now require a minimum Item Level of 1600, down from 1700.
    • Sharandar: Reduced costs for early parts of Sharandar campaign to bring the campaign more into line with later ones.
    • Valindra's Tower: Reduced the total number of enemies in this dungeon.
    • You many now only have up to 4 hourly vigilance quests down from 5.

User Interface
    • Artifacts and Enchantments now display their Item Level.
    • Drowned Shore and Reclamation Rock are now pulled away more from Black Dagger Ruins and Helm's Hold respectively.
    • Health bar trim for Heroic Encounter enemies is now larger to make them more distinguishable from regular enemies.
    • Queues now properly support Oathbound Paladin roles in all cases.
    • There is now a notification when you are being level scaled.

what about enchantments not working with encounter powers?

Perfect lightning is not working with smokebomb on TR anymore (for example)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What about Ferocious reaction/Storm Spell/Storm fury and other multiprocs? Is it getting fixed in m6?
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    by demonmonger what about enchantments not working with encounter powers?
    Perfect lightning is not working with smokebomb on TR anymore (for example)

Smoke Bomb: Drop a smoke bomb in front of you, Dazing opponents while inside of it.
    Stealthed:Now adds a Slow effect

please explain in short what a weapon enchantement should deal in case of doing no damage with an encounter but dazing and slowing?
    if lightning enchant procs by smoke bomb it must be seen as a bug, same with lightning+ aoe permadaze effekt
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Smoke Bomb: Drop a smoke bomb in front of you, Dazing opponents while inside of it.
    Stealthed:Now adds a Slow effect

please explain in short what a weapon enchantement should deal in case of doing no damage with an encounter but dazing and slowing?
    if lightning enchant procs by smoke bomb it must be seen as a bug, same with lightning+ aoe permadaze effekt

smoke bomb does damage...
    the lightning / bilethorn / vorpal / p fire / etc all proc off this damage in mod 5

All encounters proc enchantments except path of the blades!

This is how it always has been.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    when you "clamped" my avatar of war chest peice at 60 it caused it to unequip and I lost a greater soulforged and a rank 10 radiant and now I cant equip ANY chest armor on my lev 70 GWF. when I mouse over my empty chest slot I get am "error getting item info" message pop up and cant equip anything via double click or drag and drop and the scroll down menu or right clicking causes my game to crash

I coulds care less about the enchants I just want to be able to play my lev 70 on test server so can i get some help on getting my chest slot unbugged please?
  • tenetombtenetomb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Valindra's Tower: Reduced the total number of enemies in this dungeon.
    Why guys did you do this ? It was my favourite dungeon due to its big amount of mobs !
    And i didn't find it difficult enough anyway... Please take it back to its original state !
    edited March 2015
    tenetomb wrote: »
    Why guys did you do this ? It was my favourite dungeon due to its big amount of mobs !
    And i didn't find it difficult enough anyway... Please take it back to its original state !

Not sure why they did this. Maybe the mobs hit too hard given the entry requirements to get into the dungeon. On that note, there were many whiners in the past complaining about adds in dungeons and the result was the Lord Of Laustmouth dungeon which feels empty and unrewarding from a gameplay aspect.

The class synergy was originally based around many mobs to deal with and it should be kept that way.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If by "class synergy" you mean bring 3 CWs, I'm glad they're reducing the number of mobs.

I'd like all my characters to get a fair chance to join dungeon runs, thank you very much.
  • dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    HR"s Rapid Shot and Strike is showing 0 damage in combat log while i was attempting to fight 2 normal lvl 73 bears in IWD.. BTW OMG turn them down a notch.. I got hit 3 times and was dead... each hit for over 24K damage. I didn't even bother go after one of the ice giants, Yeti's or any of the HE"s...

IWD is 3x more difficult now on preview for lvl 70's then when it was first introduced originally.. If you have anything you need to get done in IWD.. do it now becuz Mod 6 IWD version is **** near impossible unless your wearing really good blue lvl 70 gear or Epic lvl 70 gear...

BTW I'm still not happy with us PVE's getting hit with the Herald lvl 60 reward hit..
    and
    PVP glory being able to be accumulated beyond the 50K cap currently on live.. I know several friends that have over 100 - 150K worth of Glory beyond cap and over 200 GG coins ready and waiting to buy all the Epic lvl 70 pvp gear on the VERY 1st Day of Mod 6.... This is not fair to those such as myself that does not PVP for own personal reasons and for me to gain any decent comparable epic lvl 70 gear is going to take a very long time of grinding dungeons just to be able to buy even 1 piece to start with.. Let me put it into perspective..

1 piece of the new elven Raid gear from seal vendor costs: 400 seals of the protector.. (this is only the initial piece to upgrade with)
    WHICH do the math: (400 Seals / Seal drops avg. 10 per Epic Dungeon = 40 only if successful)
    THEN I have to make or earn over 20 Unified elements.
    WHICH means a ton of grinding the new hourly Dailies just to be gather the 4 elemental air, earth, fire, and water to make Elemental Aggregates..
    WHICH can only be made
    AFTER... Getting alchemy to 25..
    WHICH Is going to take 3-5 days if I don't have over 200K AD to finish the tasks early..
    THEN has to be discovered with the experimentation rank 25 alchemical experimentation
    BUT WAIT Theres more!
    IT takes 7 days just to make 1 ELemental Aggregate.
    THEN It takes 4 of the elemental Aggregates to make 1 Unified Elements..
    WHICH Also has to be discovered with the Rank 25 Alchemy Experimentation
    AND the Uified Elements.. Takes 12 Days per 1 to be crafted...
    THEN.. have to make 15 Unified elements..
    Just to get to this point.. (7 day Per elemental aggregate @ 4 per Unified elements @ 20 for 1 epic item @ 12 days to make one...) Thats a LOOONG time to just to get to that point of making 1 Item)
    JUST to get Rank 5 black ice forging..
    WHICH also takes 75,000 Black Ice and 15 Unified Elements...
    THEN have to make another 4 Unified Elements for the upgrade..
    THEN I can finally take that Elven Raid Chest item and upgrade it finally..

I am not even going to try to figure out how many gaming hours and days involved JUST to make ONE piece of the Epic PVE gear..

And if you compare all that time you spend for that one Epic lvl 70 PVE Chest Armor to the lvl 70 PVP chest armor.. Yeah those stats dont lie.. the EPic PVP 70 Item that the PVPer's get to buy on Day 1 of Mod 6 release is better then all those days and hours grinding spent, JUST to make one PVE Item..

You tell me what you see fair bout this...
    Put a block on the Glory cap.. at 50K is 50K.. not to be able to keep earning and hoarding it beyond the cap..
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • neopreenneopreen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well... it´s gettin even more confusing:

VT and MC are L70-70 now but the equipment is still the same?!
    Do you plan to rework those equip or keep it like it is?!

Why don´t you keep the 60s content like it is?
    edited March 2015
    "PVP glory being able to be accumulated beyond the 50K cap currently on live.. I know several friends that have over 100 - 150K worth of Glory beyond cap and over 200 GG coins ready and waiting to buy all the Epic lvl 70 pvp gear on the VERY 1st Day of Mod 6.... This is not fair to those such as myself that does not PVP for own personal reasons and for me to gain any decent comparable epic lvl 70 gear is going to take a very long time of grinding dungeons just to be able to buy even 1 piece to start with.. Let me put it into perspective.."

I hope someone can respond to this and clarify. As a PVE player, if this is true, then it needs to be fixed so that pvp and pve players require the same effort post-mod6 to get this type of gear.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    "pvp glory being able to be accumulated beyond the 50k cap currently on live.. I know several friends that have over 100 - 150k worth of glory beyond cap and over 200 gg coins ready and waiting to buy all the epic lvl 70 pvp gear on the very 1st day of mod 6.... This is not fair to those such as myself that does not pvp for own personal reasons and for me to gain any decent comparable epic lvl 70 gear is going to take a very long time of grinding dungeons just to be able to buy even 1 piece to start with.. Let me put it into perspective.."

i hope someone can respond to this and clarify. As a pve player, if this is true, then it needs to be fixed so that pvp and pve players require the same effort post-mod6 to get this type of gear.

i feel the same this issue needs addressed im not asking for anything free just a even playing field
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    "PVP glory being able to be accumulated beyond the 50K cap currently on live.. I know several friends that have over 100 - 150K worth of Glory beyond cap

Eum how is that possible if I may ask, never seen my glory above 50k on any of my characters ??
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    i think all pvp curancy should be changed for mod 6 just like it was for the pve players our seals we use for buying gear are being changed this mod to make them useless and a new curancy to buy lv 70 gear was put in its place that we cant start farming till after mod 6
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    macjae wrote: »
    I agree. I know several players with many millions of AD who will be able to instantly buy the new PVE sets when they appear on the AH. That should be fixed so that all players can be on an even playing field to get the new gear.

And who will be the first to sell the new PVE gear on the market to all of the PVE players who have millions of AD to spend? Hmm I wonder...
    edited March 2015
    well to respond to that.. I would say the players who will have instant access to epic gear that will allow them a much greater success rate in the dungeons.. especially since "that" epic gear is high stat'd then the PVE gear.. either thats just my gut or an actual possibility that will happen Mod 6 release Day while the rest of us are barely able to make it thru the new Epic CT..

just to restart gaining gear and maybe several weeks later we might have high enough stats to start working on the higher tier dungeons to able to start earning the "seals of the protector" to again go back thru the process I link a page earlier.. which again.. that PVE gear you just busted your *** to get, well... by now ya should get the point... PVP is their priority over PVE, much like every MMO eventually...
    5790248SLdyC.png
    edited March 2015
    There's truly only 2 solutions with and or a couple possibilities..
    1. Reset the Glory for all players to keep the PVP world balanced.. We have to start over on PVE gear, they should too..
    2. Change the type of points they would have to earn for the new PVP gear..
    3. Wipe all Glory that has been accumulating over the 50K cap..
    4. and Equalize the PVE gear stats with the PVP gear..
    One or more of the above options I think would settle alot of the disputes of the PVE vs. PVP gear issues that are currently at your doorstep and causing much grief amongst the players of NW...
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm mainly a PVE player but does PVP occasionally for ADs.

The discussions are moving from requesting for more info/better PVE gears with set bonuses to how to prevent PVPers from getting their new gears on Day 1.

This over focus on 'Theory of Equal Misery' ain't going to help us PVE players much, if at all.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed atm as Panderus did promise some updates in the next patch (hopefully in line with what we've been asking for all these while).

Till then, enjoy and good luck all! ;)
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    macjae wrote: »
    I agree. I know several players with many millions of AD who will be able to instantly buy the new PVE sets when they appear on the AH. That should be fixed so that all players can be on an even playing field to get the new gear.

If it's PvE gear, why would you care? I'm not one of those players with many millions of AD, but so what? There is no competition in PvE: if someone has more than I do or gets to some content before I do, it means absolutely nothing.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • tenetombtenetomb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If by "class synergy" you mean bring 3 CWs, I'm glad they're reducing the number of mobs.

I'd like all my characters to get a fair chance to join dungeon runs, thank you very much.

Each class has aoe powers. If you need 3 CW's to run a dungeon, you just don't have the level really required. Wich is a good thing because there will be a little bit of challenge!
This discussion has been closed.