test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
. . . Welcome to the "New Class(es)" Feedback thread. With the announcement of the Oathbound Paladin as the next playable Class in Neverwinter, to be released with Module 6: Elemental Evil, it's time to refresh the thread! Check out the [THREAD=829201]Mod 6 Discussion Thread[/THREAD] for discussions and hype pertaining to the Module 6: Elemental Evil release.

. . . Now.. on with the poll! Please vote for your most preferred class that you'd like to see next added to Neverwinter in the poll above and feel free to discuss new classes below. Thanks!

. . . Note: I only added Classes found in the Players Handbooks, Neverwinter Campaign Setting, and Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (all 4e with no role, so they are interchangeable with 5th edition classes). I did not add classes from the Supplements nor Hybrid Classes, as there are only 10 choices allowed in a poll. Not even all the Core Classes could fit in this poll, which I listed under "Other." For the choices listed in actual choices, I chose among the most requested from all the prior threads to be listed there. If your class isn't listed, please choose other and then reply with your request and if it isn't the next class and is popular, you may see it in the next poll's options!

. . . Also, if you're interested in discussing upcoming Races, check out The "New Race(s) Feedback" Thread, with a poll too!

Archived Threads:
  • [THREAD=700101]The "New Class(es)" Feeback Thread[/THREAD] (07/14-01/15)
  • [THREAD=646411]The "New Class(es)" Feeback Thread[/THREAD] (04/14-06/14)
  • [THREAD=529281]The "New Class(es)" Feeback Thread[/THREAD] (11/13-04/14)
  • [THREAD=440451]The "New Class(es)" Feeback Thread[/THREAD] (original)
Safe travels,
Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i don't know what most of this is. i picked druid. it was a toss up with bard. monks would just be rogues with open hand instead of blades, in this game. i only played old school dnd, although we borrowed content (spells and monsters) from second edition. i disliked everything after that, but enjoyed some of the novels.
  • Options
    locksanpocketslocksanpockets Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bard ftw! Bards rock!

Monks will kill mount sales, mark my words.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I expect druid and bard are still going to win out as most likely next classes. But I will continue to vote for Swordmage or Warlord for something a bit more unique. Also adding my voice to down vote monk, I just don't want to see any kung-fools running around here.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That's nice, we already have a healer/tank!
  • Options
    ebonyshadowebonyshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Based only on what I know of the classes (My AD&D knowledge is ancient so likely flawed, but you can only work with what ya got)

Very pleased at seeing the pally coming next. after that? Must admit I quite enjoyed playing a monk (So thats my choice in the pole) though wouldn't be displeased at seeing either druid or bard next either.
  • Options
    oclosoclos Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I like Druid for the next, with Bard and Monk being close choices, though I can't deny the Swordmage tempts me...I think it will take me a while to solidify my vote. Happy with seeing the Paladin. Might use it on a Dragonborn now.
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Do we have any reason for doing this survey again? They arleady showed us they dont care and make it on they own, warlock lost with paladin, we got warlock. Paladin lost with druid, we got paladin. Should i just assume that one of second ones always wins?

(Sin)cerely
    kain

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Do we have any reason for doing this survey again? They arleady showed us they dont care and make it on they own, warlock lost with paladin, we got warlock. Paladin lost with druid, we got paladin. Should i just assume that second one always wins?

(Sin)cerely
    kain
    These forums are not the only place they get their feedback from, but are an addition. So yes, it is quite relevant to vote here. Besides, in the last post, Druid won only by a few votes and the Warlock lost by around 20 votes in the one prior to that. If one takes into account the small sample size on these forums and then all the other means of feedback possible, such close wins and losses become understandable.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Come on Druid.
  • Options
    oclosoclos Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Do we have any reason for doing this survey again? They arleady showed us they dont care and make it on they own, warlock lost with paladin, we got warlock. Paladin lost with druid, we got paladin. Should i just assume that one of second ones always wins?

(Sin)cerely
    kain
    Paladin didn't lose, it was very close and the poll never really ened, before the announcement. Had it run till the release, it is conceavable that it would have won, even clearly so(we just can't know). Same with Warlock. Also take into consideration that the design team can't possibly wait for the poll to end and THEN make a choice, it could potentially pick one of the 2 or even 3 prime choices and go with it(since in my mind any of the first 2 choices are clearly popular, right?)

Last, but not least, you said Paladin won last poll with Warlock, and here you have it - yet you don't find joy in this, but a reason to complain...who's to say that Paladin isn't here JUST because it "won" last poll??? Who's to say that Druid will not be the next choice since it "won this one(again winning is not clear cause technically the poll doesnt end just the thread closes with the announcements)??? Maybe they make the choices on what will be next that much early(cause it does take time to develop all the material for them I'd imagine).
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Grr. Why do you keep leaving out WARLORD?

WARLORD, WARLORD, WARLORD!

...oh, and Druid of course -- should have been before Paladin, 'cause we sooooo need another fighter archetype.

But I'd really like to see a Bard next even before Druid -- we already have a nature oriented, having a Bard (leader) w/ some nice musical buffs/debuffs would be a nice change.
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Voted Other for Warlord. Why? Seeing the classes released so far, it looks like theyre going to make new classes based on the ones in the PHB 1, so the class from said book not released yet (since Paladin is already confirmed) is exactly the Warlord. Then, from there on, I believe theyll release the classes from PHB 2 and then finally from the third PHB.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    Grr. Why do you keep leaving out WARLORD?

WARLORD, WARLORD, WARLORD!

...oh, and Druid of course -- should have been before Paladin, 'cause we sooooo need another fighter archetype.
    Voted Other for Warlord. Why? Seeing the classes released so far, it looks like theyre going to make new classes based on the ones in the PHB 1, so the class from said book not released yet (since Paladin is already confirmed) is exactly the Warlord. Then, from there on, I believe theyll release the classes from PHB 2 and then finally from the third PHB.

Sorry, Warlord fell into the short list. :( I'll note it in "Other" as I did goof and omitted it there. If the desire for Warlord continues in this thread, you can be assured that it will make the top list next time, if it is not the next class that is.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    backslash55backslash55 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Went with other -> Bladesinger. I completely realise that it'll probably never happen as they were introduced in a relatively obscure book, but I really like their mechanic of being a melee wizard.
  • Options
    sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just wanted to pitch in that there is likely going to be a trumping vote-bomb from devs/management where the new class will or won't gel with the new story-lines. So those of you looking for cyborg assassins with laser eyes might be waiting a bit. XD
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Sorry, Warlord fell into the short list. :( I'll note it in "Other" as I did goof and omitted it there. If the desire for Warlord continues in this thread, you can be assured that it will make the top list next time, if it is not the next class that is.

Ah, I see, so Shaman (with 14 votes last time) makes the cut, but Warlord (with 15) gets kicked to the curb.
    I demand a recount! Attica! Attica! :D
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Ah, I see, so Shaman (with 14 votes last time) makes the cut, but Warlord (with 15) gets kicked to the curb.
    *chuckles madly* What I did was look at all the prior threads and then skimmed them all looking for remarks related to each. The Warlord was a tossup between the Warlord, Shaman, Battlemind, and Runepriest. Sadly, I had to decide and the Warlord fell into the Other category. :(

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Still waiting for the druid :)
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    alienmafiaalienmafia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I voted other but what I want is not on the list.

Necromancer!!!!!! I can't stop imagining Diablo 2 type Necromancer in NW

I like druid too but I'm going to vote for the one that i want the most.
  • Options
    thehumancodexthehumancodex Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    (Post Removed)
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    alienmafia wrote: »
    I voted other but what I want is not on the list.

Necromancer!!!!!! I can't stop imagining Diablo 2 type Necromancer in NW

I like druid too but I'm going to vote for the one that i want the most.

There is no "necromancer" in dnd that I'm aware of. The closest is a palemaster, which is just a variety of wizard (I think evil clerics can be them too, not sure) that specialized in necromancy spells.
  • Options
    mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Must....have....Bard.....
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Very happy paladin was added. I know several people that staunchly refused to try Neverwinter because
    paladin wasn't in game. Lets hope this new class encourages more people to play. I have a few great
    paladin character's from PnP I can finally create now.

Voted monk due to the fact that it (like paladin) is a very fun core class with quite a bit of Forgotten Realms
    lore behind it both in the far east of Faerun, and in Monastaries around the sword coast (see the cleric quintet
    novel series).

And also because my main wont exist until monk is added =)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Naturally, I voted for druid.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    I always enjoyed playing a monk.

I always prefer martial classes to begin with. I like to be up in the middle of the action and despise running in circles just because some enemy decided I looked tasty. Monks always felt like any other martial class perfected.

Most martial classes use metal weapons. monks use their fists because weapons get in the way.
    Other martial classes wear armor to avoid getting hit. Monks wear clothe so they can dance around opponents like this.
    Many use shields to protect themselves against missiles. Monks just swat them like flies.

All in all they remind me of Jax from League of Legends. "Imagine if I had a real weapon! [Instead of a lamp post]" Basically they kick so much rear end that they purposely handicap themselves to give enemies some glimmer of hope.

Of course this isn't the real background of monks...but I've always felt this way playing one. ;)
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    oclos wrote: »
    Paladin didn't lose, it was very close and the poll never really ened, before the announcement. Had it run till the release, it is conceavable that it would have won, even clearly so(we just can't know). Same with Warlock. Also take into consideration that the design team can't possibly wait for the poll to end and THEN make a choice, it could potentially pick one of the 2 or even 3 prime choices and go with it(since in my mind any of the first 2 choices are clearly popular, right?)

Last, but not least, you said Paladin won last poll with Warlock, and here you have it - yet you don't find joy in this, but a reason to complain...who's to say that Paladin isn't here JUST because it "won" last poll??? Who's to say that Druid will not be the next choice since it "won this one(again winning is not clear cause technically the poll doesnt end just the thread closes with the announcements)??? Maybe they make the choices on what will be next that much early(cause it does take time to develop all the material for them I'd imagine).

Well, we dont need next melee, we dont need next healer, we dont need next dps. We need buffer/controller, so we need, and i personaly want, a Bard.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    nohbdy42nohbdy42 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Shaman will be next...

I hope Druid is next since it seems unlikely we will be getting shaman.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited January 2015

(Sin)cerely
    kain

paladin was ahead for a long time, just within last month or so druid took over

voted swordmage, should be fun
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Of course this isn't the real background of monks...but I've always felt this way playing one. ;)

And that is why many people find the class annoying. I'd have less problems with monks as a class if people actually played them as monks. You know, spiritual, introspective, harmonious. Instead it seems they become an excuse to play macho industructable flying men with magic fists that can punch through steel and knockout dragons. It's like millions of childeran playing Naruto because that's what they think Ninjas should be like.
This discussion has been closed.