Install Arc
Options

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I wouldn't consider third place, after 8 other classes have been released making it more an unofficial 11th place, as extremely popular. They are also one of the only classes that has generated direct opposition. You don't often hear anyone going boo to Druids or Bards. But there is a significant segment of D&D players who would rather not see monks at all.

After all, I didn't write that article. :D

On the contrary, I hear lots of people bad mouth bards. Lots. It still has merit as a class of course.

Druids not so much, but lets hope they make that class a shifter and not a generic yawn caster.

Fact is, there are lots of players that have peeves about a particular class, and they will continue to troll and rant about it.

The polls don't lie however. LOTS of people vote for monk, so in fact it is quite popular. If people hated monks to the extent that you or that guy suggest, why would people create whole games based on martial arts? Monk = $$$ that's why.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    goee wrote: »
    For the sake of all that is good and decent in the world, please make it the Druid. I have been waiting since launch for the Druid, only to be thwarted again and again by classes, though interesting, far less fun and imaginative than a Druid. I want an animal companion, a heal or two, plants and animals, and a polymorph, I want to be all that is good about a Druid. Please don't shaft us 'naturists' again. Why is the Druid always the one to be sidelined....:rolleyes: Then Bard...please.

Everyone's been saying druid for a long time, despite the fact Cryptic clearly wasn't done with the PHB1. But saying the druid isn't boring, I find that to be a serious gaff there. All a druid is is a glorified cleric that focuses on nature instead of a symbol. And if they make it like the WoW druid, that becomes even more boring. Since druids are primarily controllers in 4e, that's the best I see out of them with maybe a ranger like ability that lets them shift forms but druid shifting would be a nerf post specific power levels anyways, not a buff to powers, and like WoW, becomes a bit silly when your look is that of an animal constantly while doing whatever it is you do as an animal.

If I were to pick an actually interesting class, it would be the monk, that would actually bring something different to the table, but that is unlikely since that is a PHB3 class. And Barbarian would be a difficult one since that's essentially the great weapon fighter.
  • Options
    commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Some bulkier melee striker dps like blackguard, barbarian or monk is really needed.
    GWF community would really need that.

Then we avoid that situation that an offtank character has to buffed to be the best dps in the game...
  • Options
    umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Another melee fighter would only bring an outcry from Gwfs whining about their class being useless.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Everyone's been saying druid for a long time, despite the fact Cryptic clearly wasn't done with the PHB1. But saying the druid isn't boring, I find that to be a serious gaff there. All a druid is is a glorified cleric that focuses on nature instead of a symbol. And if they make it like the WoW druid, that becomes even more boring. Since druids are primarily controllers in 4e, that's the best I see out of them with maybe a ranger like ability that lets them shift forms but druid shifting would be a nerf post specific power levels anyways, not a buff to powers, and like WoW, becomes a bit silly when your look is that of an animal constantly while doing whatever it is you do as an animal.

If I were to pick an actually interesting class, it would be the monk, that would actually bring something different to the table, but that is unlikely since that is a PHB3 class. And Barbarian would be a difficult one since that's essentially the great weapon fighter.

True, however monk has been a prominent class in every edition except 2nd, where it was included with the scarlet brotherhood. I think it would make the most viable and unique new class. I do want to see druid too as a shifter.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    umsche wrote: »
    Another melee fighter would only bring an outcry from Gwfs whining about their class being useless.

GWF basically IS barbarian in all but name. rage like powers, medium armour, huge two handed weapons. Actual fighters that can use 2-handers in real versions of D&D can choose any armour, including plate, while barbarian is restricted to medium, unless they want to give up a few of their class bennifits. So, no I don't see barbarian being viable, as its basically identical to GwF.
  • Options
    commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    umsche wrote: »

They do that all the time. What difference would it make?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Voted Psion. And new race would be illithid, would perfectly package alongside upcoming module: Underdark.

As much as I would love Psions and Psychic Warriors, I doubt they will be added anytime soon, since again, they are a PHB3 class, and Cryptic is now just leaving PHB1, that is if they aren't doing the Warlord's class.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I want a big, hairy Barbarian.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    These forums are not the only place they get their feedback from, but are an addition.
    Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator

This explains why posting on the forum has seemed so useless in other matters. Shall I stamp a letter? These forums are condensed feedback. If you bare them some little importance, why bother??
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I would not mind seeing a Druid, but Monk is probably would make me stay "permanently", with a class. I agree we have enough caster classes as is.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    felixkamfelixkam Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Monk! Monk! Monk! Monk! Monk!

By the way did I hear someone saying Monk would be the next class? Cause I'd be pretty happy if it was. Wink wink.

Indeed my love for Monks in Neverwinter is great enough that if you check out my signature, there's a relatively detailed overview of what a monk might look like in Neverwinter.
    Personal Projects - Check out my take on these D&D classes for Neverwinter:
    Complete:
    - The Monk - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?865991-The-Monk-A-Relatively-Detailed-Proposal-for-a-New-Class

Under Work:
    - The Primal Totemist
    - The Wild Sorcerer
    - The Summoning Binder
  • Options
    k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I want a big, hairy Barbarian.

You can probably find a passable imitation at a biker bar. :v
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    k3ll0 wrote: »
    You can probably find a passable imitation at a biker bar. :v

or any number of GwF in PE atm.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    thesensai wrote: »
    or any number of GwF in PE atm.

Mine isn't hairy though. Not sure about big, but at least she isn't a Halfling. :/
  • Options
    grimelfherogrimelfhero Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Bard should be the next class. 3/4 warriors - gf, gwf, and hr (+op). 2 priests dc and op. 2 mages - cw and sw. Only 1 rogue - tr. Best option for another rogue would be bard imo. tr is basically already an assassin and acrobat as well as a thief. Some people may want druid or illusionist, but I think they can wait longer for those. Monk and barbarian would also be cool, but as I already stated, there are already 3/4 warrior classes. (Monk w/ claws or staff as weapon, barbarian axe or hammer-wielder)
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I used to play Bard in Rift and SwordSinger in Lineage 2. It was always a support class. I wouldnt expect any interesting play style from this class but it will probably have some very strong supporting abilities.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    No freaking idea what they're like in the newer editions, but SPOONY BARDS used to be the near epitome of a "support class" in PnP. Beyond their buffy sing-songs they basically boiled down to "jack of all trades master of none" after all.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Latest edition bards sound pretty good, actually.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Latest edition bards sound pretty good, actually.

That should be a given, seeing as how music and singing have always been pretty central to the class abilitites. :v
  • Options
    misharonamisharona Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Barbarian would be interesting.

Or perhaps a new class the "Politician" who does less as he levels up but gains enormous amounts of RAD. ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    They can always give bard a little heavier damage to qualify as an equal to trickster rogue. In original AD&D, they were part fighter, part mage, part thief. I'm not sure if the Skald sub-class does higher damage, as I haven't played pen-and-paper D&D beyond the 2nd edition. I can say that I had a lot fun with the troubador class in Everquest 2 though. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    They can always give bard a little heavier damage to qualify as an equal to trickster rogue. In original AD&D, they were part fighter, part mage, part thief. I'm not sure if the Skald sub-class does higher damage, as I haven't played pen-and-paper D&D beyond the 2nd edition. I can say that I had a lot fun with the troubador class in Everquest 2 though. :)

Bard's, in 4e, are leaders, basically they would be buff bots similar to a cleric. I dunno if they would be healers, per se, but they would probably have some sort of "inspirational" healing effect. It would be interesting and nice to hear lute plinking or flute playing over the jingle of cleric and paladin effects.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Bard's, in 4e, are leaders, basically they would be buff bots similar to a cleric. I dunno if they would be healers, per se, but they would probably have some sort of "inspirational" healing effect. It would be interesting and nice to hear lute plinking or flute playing over the jingle of cleric and paladin effects.

While devoted clerics are leaders/healers, they do seem to do a lot of damage as well. I thought they were the easiest class to play in Neverwinter before paladin was introduced. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    While devoted clerics are leaders/healers, they do seem to do a lot of damage as well. I thought they were the easiest class to play in Neverwinter before paladin was introduced. :)

You must be new, because pre mod 6 hahaha, no. Cleric DPS was sad. But that still doesn't mean a Bard can't do damage either.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    You must be new, because pre mod 6 hahaha, no. Cleric DPS was sad. But that still doesn't mean a Bard can't do damage either.

No, I played for a little over 2 weeks in the summer, then started again in February of this year. Played dc to lvl 16 b4 mod 6. B4 that I'd tried every class but sw. I just thought everything was easier w/ dc than the other classes. Until I one-shotted bosses with the paladin daily. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    No, I played for a little over 2 weeks in the summer, then started again in February of this year. Played dc to lvl 16 b4 mod 6. B4 that I'd tried every class but sw. I just thought everything was easier w/ dc than the other classes. Until I one-shotted bosses with the paladin daily. :)

Your survival will depend on how well you actually play your class, but low levels its not exactly a good measurement of how strong a class will be. Not to mention the one damage daily paladins have is being nerfed with this update anyways, since some people were abusing its mechanic.

Later levels you will probably look on in awe when you see some decent DPS toons tripling your damage output as a paladin ;)
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    We don't need new classes. We need a working game.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Your survival will depend on how well you actually play your class, but low levels its not exactly a good measurement of how strong a class will be. Not to mention the one damage daily paladins have is being nerfed with this update anyways, since some people were abusing its mechanic.

Later levels you will probably look on in awe when you see some decent DPS toons tripling your damage output as a paladin ;)

I suppose you're right about the lower levels. But my paladin is only my only lvl 70 atm, and yes, I do see that the damage is not so great now. As far as nerfing the paladin daily, I'm really not sure how they let that get past play-testing.
This discussion has been closed.