test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unexpected Server Problems - 12/31/14 (Resolved)

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    How do you know that they are not working on it and they do have to sleep.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The bottom line is that at the present there is no published ETA. It is not productive discussion to argue over why.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    trixxistarrtrixxistarr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am new to game an getting my feet wet. I shortly discovered this wonderful gateway thing and now its down lol I hope it gets fix soon. Would love to see how this impacts my game as far as what I am reading on what it does. :cool:
  • Options
    farla47farla47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bleh, 7-9 slots of professions on 15 toons in-game is so tedious. Not to mention impossible during work days. Hope the gateway is up soon!
    (almost)All my friends are Imaginary!
  • Options
    hundetrenerenhundetreneren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited January 2015
    Gateway.... I didnt know I loved it so much until it was gone - the sadness... 22 toons on 3 accounts, thats hard to swallow for "manual" work, hehe.
    It would have been fast enough and not such a big issue to handle for a few days if it didnt have a 1 min waitingtime on each toon where you just sit there and look at the professions sloooowly popp one at a time... *please wait....* zzzzzz *popp*
    *please wait...*...zzz..now?.... nope...z...*popp...*
    Ammagawd the frustration! ^^
    Its day 3 and im out of fingernails. I gotta buy more candy...
    Im not gonna whine, (well, not much anyway, just a little bit.. as i just DID whine a ...little bit...) but - *big puppy-eyes* pweeze? Have mercy and give it back! I miss it so much..:rolleyes:
  • Options
    lievcocijolievcocijo Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think anyone could pass 1-2 days of professions on Gatewway, problem is us that are off on holydays and they started getting the frebbies off, yet you can see theyre giving them away but cant reach them because Gateway is offline

yes, Gateway is lower in priority compared to having the whole MMO up and running, but its still disappointing to miss those opportunities not for not staying posted, but because a technical problem x.x
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Did they shut down SCA so we couldn't switch easily between ALTs to do the winter professions quickly?

The Winter festival time should be extended by as many days as the techs are unable to revive the server.
  • Options
    kadrahiel1kadrahiel1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why the gateway doesnt work? i need put the minions to works when im in work!
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I pretty much came to ask about the gateway as well. I haven't been playing for a variety of reasons and its more or less how I stay in touch with the game. Have they given any kind of estimate on that?
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nope, no estimate yet. I guess the holidays have messed up the usual response time.
    If the devs are US based then they will be starting work in a couple of hours. A fix will take somewhere between 30 seconds and never, depending upon the problem. ;p

I'm also one of those who usually keeps their profs ticking along from work. I hope all my footmen don't expect to be paid for sitting around doing nothing when there are Astral Diamonds to be collected.
  • Options
    sthgodchillasthgodchilla Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Prob is they said they work on it but they don´t.
    Fooled again and that´s the feeling i have too often here!
    I wouldn´t have that if they were just honest and said: sry guys we´ll fix that on monday because of our holidays or because of u have just a hangover or whatever but stop fooling around with the community!
    they treat us like sh...:mad:
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It happened during a holiday. I don't know about Cryptic, but holiday work costs my employers an arm and a leg. Cryptic paid to get the essentials up (the game itself and billing), but the rest waits until the holiday was over. Cryptic'll get their flying monkeys back on it today.
  • Options
    lifesavermlifesaverm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I truly appreciate the team's efforts at Cryptic to get the game back online. I might say to Perfect World perhaps New Year's Eve was not the best time to schedule Arc maintenance. It would also be nice if the team(s) involved in game operations would give the Community Managers more to work with than we are aware of the problem. As an IT Manager myself, if I'd give people have the answers we get I'd be canned, paying customers should expect no less. The Community Managers have a hard enough time because they are always getting everyone's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> when something doesn't work. It's all about COMMUNICATION, rather than no ETA give some kind of answer like... Work will begin on the problem on Friday or Monday so while you still are not giving an ETA you are giving some framework, some kind of expectation, and that would go a long way towards superior customer service.

Anyhow free kudos to the Community Managers/Coordinators/whatever they are called for putting up with all our <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and I hope my recommendation gets passed along.
    [MwM] LifesaverM, Guild Master
    The Midnight Watchmen Gaming Community - Since 2005.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Woohoo the gateway is BACK!!!!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Closing this up now and unsticking as the Gateway has been restored.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.