test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unexpected Server Problems - 12/31/14 (Resolved)

Comments

• kisakeekisakee Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    !!!online!!!
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• arcticmedicarcticmedic Member Posts: 40
    edited December 2014
    Oh, the flux capacitor is broken and we're trying to get the 2.1 gigawatts to fix it before the hamster wheel implodes and you, me, and the rest of this universe becomes some other universe's problem..."

I found your problem right here. You only need 1.21 gigawatts to get the capacitor fluxing. They are overloading the system! Over fluxing might not only send the servers into a frenzy, but might also disrupt the space time continuum preventing Eliminster from sending back Tiamat after raid fails. I fear the Chaos Monster might already be on the loose feeding on rogue mogwai inside the frame work.
  • umcjdkingumcjdking Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Pfft that depends how long you work with them. you do pick up the jargen, IF your not a "neckbeard" yourself just on a low paied admin job while you go to collage.

What is more likely is their resetting things and going things one as a time to work out where the problem is. Process of elimination, and that's if it is something that can be fixed, then there is systems rebooting that need rebooting, reload times, back up transfer.. a BIG long list that will take forever to type up and longer to read. to keep it short, they have a big dragon load of stuff to check, reboot, recheck, tinker with and back up. So their more likely trying to get it going, at the moment systems have an amber light, and they don't want to post another update until its something meaningful. WHICH I can more then understand. so in the Mean time lets go spend time with family, friends or other games, and give the staff the time they need to get things working once more.

These aren't your $1500 gaming computers. These are your $80,000 servers and $40,000 switches. Things are much, much more complicated than that. Rebooting is something you do when you have NO IDEA what the problem is or you have master/slave configurations on your equipment - which in that case it should be done away from the GIG for security purposes.

What they are most likely doing is going line by line through the boot files at this point. Again, with the failure associated, probably a benign configuration error that tombstoned their LAN.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I konow how these guys feel

I have spent many holidays on a Seismic boat in the GoM or North Sea fixing computer problems

Urlord
  • rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Replace the mugget spring actuator on the network cards

"A pair of pliers and a set of 30 weight ball bearings"

-Fletch

• lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I found your problem right here. You only need 1.21 gigawatts to get the capacitor fluxing. They are overloading the system! Over fluxing might not only send the servers into a frenzy, but might also disrupt the space time continuum preventing Eliminster from sending back Tiamat after raid fails. I fear the Chaos Monster might already be on the loose feeding on rogue mogwai inside the frame work.

But what if Elminster meets his past self? The entire space-time continuum could unravel!!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • scammerzascammerza Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    "Did you try turning it on and off again?"
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    umcjdking wrote: »
    These aren't your $1500 gaming computers. These are your $80,000 servers and $40,000 switches. Things are much, much more complicated than that. Rebooting is something you do when you have NO IDEA what the problem is or you have master/slave configurations on your equipment - which in that case it should be done away from the GIG for security purposes.

What they are most likely doing is going line by line through the boot files at this point. Again, with the failure associated, probably a benign configuration error that tombstoned their LAN.

I bet there are no $40K switches...

more likely $100K+ switch routers

Urlord
  • yesibebadyesibebad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would say so if you are speaking at a commencement, but this is a forum. Take that icicle out of the place it does not belong and stop trying to sound smart by harassing people. It's highly annoying. Everyone here is just having fun. Precision of language is not necessary.
    greyloche wrote: »
    But thats NOT a PhD in Network Engineering. as was stated its a PhD in Computer Engineering. Precision in language is important.
  • huejaynushuejaynus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So i just logged in and i have 0 friends.. im going to check all my other toons. Hope this only a small/temp. glitch
  • scammerzascammerza Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Is the gateway going to be attended to after the chat server?
  • tommys16231tommys16231 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    huejaynus wrote: »
    So i just logged in and i have 0 friends.. im going to check all my other toons. Hope this only a small/temp. glitch

• merhunesdagon1merhunesdagon1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It was the daedra and an oblivion portal opened on top of the servers and mehrune came out spitting fire and accidentally stomped on the devs.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Now begins the login Zerg...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • damko00damko00 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ah, so thats how Protector's Enclave looks with players but without all that trade spam! So peaceful!
  • aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The chat and friends lists being down is kindof a biggie... hope its fixed soon.
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    umcjdking wrote: »
    $80,000 servers
    I don't think you know anything about computers.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yay, now I don't have to miss out on celestial coins or Simril gifts. That makes me a happy nebula. Thanks you guys. ^.^
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • randomdiscordrandomdiscord Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I can haz neverwinter please?
  • jarecord03jarecord03 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Preview server still down too.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • dragonsbloodsdragonsbloods Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    "I can neither confirm, nor deny, that there is a DDoS attack in progress. That is all."

Smiles ... google ends up being a useful tool to suggest answers where they possibly, or possibly could not be ...
  • psychorockstarpsychorockstar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ​​​​"Chat and foundry services are down." Ha! That's fine, if there's one thing that ruins my fun it's all the **** talking!
  • taurudetaurude Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    akromatik wrote: »
    Greetings folks,

Our engineers are still working on these issues. Still no ETA. I see a lot of people are curious about the issues going on. While I can't go into too much detail, I can say that there have been some network outages on some important systems.

By this if i may assume that they have the full knowledge about what is going on in the server, they may have discovered a security issue, into the game, and its important to prevent further attacks.

Do any one knows the concept of injection? Is when someone find a piece of code, that when edited in execution time make the program to think that they are receiving a information from a legitimate source and then execute an operation, its used by someone or when a group of people are trying to do something that are not normally a behavior of the system, change some value into the system for instance.

As they learn the lesson, they are monitoring the amount of any currencies and detect that maybe is a risk, and for that, someone or a group of persons are trying to use a non commercial bug or fail to inject indirectly a piece of code that may allow they to change a value into the game.

This things happens sometimes, and as an agile team, they are trying to fix it, before it become a problem.

Nicely done, i hope you may do it because if they don't my game may get prejudiced.

Please do not consider that as a valid statement as i am waiting for too long in to this 12/31 to be sober.

Wish you luck, and remember that is maybe better to get your man to look for this kind of problem in a good mood after they may enjoy there families, first thing of the year, as well you may have the option of block all the zen transactions for 24 hours or so.

Good luck friends, and i hope to have my game on, before i get too drunk to play.
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2014
    huejaynus wrote: »

It's likely a factor of that chat system being down.
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No chat! No Foundry! No problemo!!!

That also means no gold spammers!!!

At least the game is back up...

Silent Night...
    Holy Night...
    All is Calm...
    All is Bright...
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Farewell my celestial coins, I knew you well.
  • ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think at this point it would be far better to take the servers completely down and fix whatever is happening. Personally I don't feel very secure in logging into the game not knowing what is happening.
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    And Gateway is still down...

Our engineers are also working on that too, worry not!
  • sarrafelinesarrafeline Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yes, the game is up and running, however the chat server is not connected, or running. Cannot chat in any way, shape, or form in game.

Everything else is working, as far as I can tell. However, seeing what the state is in the game, I won't be shocked if there is a reset, or rollback.
This discussion has been closed.