test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unexpected Server Problems - 12/31/14 (Resolved)

Comments

• Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yay, now I don't have to miss out on celestial coins or Simril gifts. That makes me a happy nebula. Thanks you guys. ^.^
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    randomdiscordrandomdiscord Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I can haz neverwinter please?
  • Options
    jarecord03jarecord03 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Preview server still down too.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • Options
    dragonsbloodsdragonsbloods Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    "I can neither confirm, nor deny, that there is a DDoS attack in progress. That is all."

Smiles ... google ends up being a useful tool to suggest answers where they possibly, or possibly could not be ...
  • Options
    psychorockstarpsychorockstar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ​​​​"Chat and foundry services are down." Ha! That's fine, if there's one thing that ruins my fun it's all the **** talking!
  • Options
    taurudetaurude Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    akromatik wrote: »
    Greetings folks,

Our engineers are still working on these issues. Still no ETA. I see a lot of people are curious about the issues going on. While I can't go into too much detail, I can say that there have been some network outages on some important systems.

By this if i may assume that they have the full knowledge about what is going on in the server, they may have discovered a security issue, into the game, and its important to prevent further attacks.

Do any one knows the concept of injection? Is when someone find a piece of code, that when edited in execution time make the program to think that they are receiving a information from a legitimate source and then execute an operation, its used by someone or when a group of people are trying to do something that are not normally a behavior of the system, change some value into the system for instance.

As they learn the lesson, they are monitoring the amount of any currencies and detect that maybe is a risk, and for that, someone or a group of persons are trying to use a non commercial bug or fail to inject indirectly a piece of code that may allow they to change a value into the game.

This things happens sometimes, and as an agile team, they are trying to fix it, before it become a problem.

Nicely done, i hope you may do it because if they don't my game may get prejudiced.

Please do not consider that as a valid statement as i am waiting for too long in to this 12/31 to be sober.

Wish you luck, and remember that is maybe better to get your man to look for this kind of problem in a good mood after they may enjoy there families, first thing of the year, as well you may have the option of block all the zen transactions for 24 hours or so.

Good luck friends, and i hope to have my game on, before i get too drunk to play.
  • Options
    akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2014
    huejaynus wrote: »
    So i just logged in and i have 0 friends.. im going to check all my other toons. Hope this only a small/temp. glitch

It's likely a factor of that chat system being down.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No chat! No Foundry! No problemo!!!

That also means no gold spammers!!!

At least the game is back up...

Silent Night...
    Holy Night...
    All is Calm...
    All is Bright...
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Farewell my celestial coins, I knew you well.
  • Options
    ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think at this point it would be far better to take the servers completely down and fix whatever is happening. Personally I don't feel very secure in logging into the game not knowing what is happening.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    And Gateway is still down...

Our engineers are also working on that too, worry not!
  • Options
    sarrafelinesarrafeline Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yes, the game is up and running, however the chat server is not connected, or running. Cannot chat in any way, shape, or form in game.

Everything else is working, as far as I can tell. However, seeing what the state is in the game, I won't be shocked if there is a reset, or rollback.
  • Options
    blackfoxaltoroblackfoxaltoro Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's probably something that if the engineers explained it to him, he'd just have to nod and smile and silently remind himself that he does NOT have a PhD in network engineering.

All of us have some point where we ask the person explaining something to us: "Can I have that in English, please?" "Oh, the flux capacitor is broken and we're trying to get the 2.1 gigawatts to fix it before the hamster wheel implodes and you, me, and the rest of this universe becomes some other universe's problem..."

you don't need a PHD to understand them just talk to them enough.. BUT I still love how you put this LOL
    when they say this its a case of "Look the darn thing is broke and we don't know whats wrong yet so we're going to try and confuse you with some jargon speak mixed with Klingon and you'll nod and smile and not get a thing I'm saying"
    XD
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So the server was down. Doesn't mean there is anything wrong in game. Chat server is separate from the game server.
  • Options
    blackfoxaltoroblackfoxaltoro Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OK went to log in because you guys said you had it up on your FB, and oh wow a 13gb patch? x_X that's like the whole game again.... aw well.. Time to put the comp into download overnight mode.. See you tomorrow (new year). (already is new year here at 00.36) so I guess its see you later from the UK. keep it up you guys are getting there bit by bit. shame we can't give you a gremlin gun, or a wizzlejig to reboot your flux capacitor.
  • Options
    geekheinzgeekheinz Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's working now. I can invoke, queue professions and CU tomorrow.
    And a happy new year.
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's likely a factor of that chat system being down.

Oh good. I thought I had no friends. I felt extremely lonely and my War Dog kept growling when I tried to hug it...maybe my angel won't be as cranky, the deer has antlers, those will put an eye out.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    anyone else having trouble with zen purchases? Neverwinter doesn't show up in the games drop down list.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • Options
    aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jarecord03 wrote: »
    anyone else having trouble with zen purchases? Neverwinter doesn't show up in the games drop down list.

You are correct... its not in my list either.
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    jarecord03 wrote: »

What payment method are you using? Are you trying to purchase through Steam?
  • Options
    edited December 2014

no, PayPal.
  • Options
    aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Using the "Buy Zen" function through the Zen Store. It takes my CC info, but when its asks for a game and server... Neverwinter is not listed. So... purchasing through the ARC page I suppose.
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    tonitruslipistonitruslipis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I do hope they get the issues fixed soon, any word on eta?
  • Options
    sarrafelinesarrafeline Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Also, in game mail is ONLY working for AH purchases. You cannot mail anything to anyone.

If you buy an item from the AH, they WILL show up in your mailbox, though. :p
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Everything's working fine for me except the chat of course, which I don't actually mind much -- it's nice to run around the festival without listening to people arguing, for a change....
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
This discussion has been closed.