test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRs and balancing a look at the current state of TRs in PVP.

Comments

• pindaoppindaop Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    they just have too many tools, ofc there are different builds and they usually dont have all of these, but still a few too many advantages

insane burst damage + piercing damage
    daze - broken cc
    perfect defense and gap closer - invisibility(ok there is a bug-ish thing that allows to focus them in stealth, but you still need to see them at some time, and when you do you are probably dead or close to that)
    when that fails itc + a bunch of long dodges and stupid deflect severity

to fix this mess
    • make stealth to break on any attack and unable to reenter stealth while in combat(except some abilities, maybe smoke, maybe itc etc.)
    • remove stealth drain making stealth last as long as u want if you dont attack
    • remove piercing damage from game
    • fix daze to work with deflect, tenacity and whatever it ignores, or change other cc to work like daze
    • reduce pvp damage for all classes(nerf regeneration so were not thrown back at start of mod2) the damage is too high, there are too many ways to instagib ppl and it sucks if fight depends on single lucky crit instead of skill, less damage = more hits needed = less power to RNG
    • buff tr pve damage if necessary to compensate for losing damage from stealth
    • then check what other classes need adjusting

this is what i was proposing as well.
    but you forgot the dodges fix .trs can dodge way to much so they just spam smoke bomb,daze itc and dodge
    i saw some scoundrelll tr tank 4 people out of stealth with dodges and smoke bomb
    and this broken 70% deflect from scoundrell tree with 90% severity
    should not be possible its game breaking.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited December 2014

to fix this mess
    • make stealth to break on any attack and unable to reenter stealth while in combat(except some abilities, maybe smoke, maybe itc etc.)
    • fix daze to work with deflect, tenacity and whatever it ignores, or change other cc to work like daze
    • reduce pvp damage for all classes(nerf regeneration so were not thrown back at start of mod2) the damage is too high, there are too many ways to instagib ppl and it sucks if fight depends on single lucky crit instead of skill, less damage = more hits needed = less power to RNG

1) Agree
    2) Agree
    3) Agree
    4) Agree
    5) Agree - The easiest way to do this would be double the value of "damage resist" from tenacity while leaving crit damage and CC the same. So instead of a 1:1:1 ratio its a 2:1:1 ratio. So adding 1% crit/CC resist you add 2% damage reduction.
    5) Regen Nerf - I think HD already does this, however if needed you could even remove regen altogether while in combat. Regen would only work outside combat as a self heal. Better would be that Regen works like lifesteal - meaning take 10k damage with 10% regen, you heal 1k. Then give every character an innate "regen" outside of combat, or heck, make THAT regen outside combat work like current regen.
    - All this meaning inside combat regen works like lifesteal but with damage taken is healed. Outside combat, regen works as it currently does.
    6) Dont have a solution for this. You could potentially change some feats around to give more damage.
  • zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014

to fix this mess

)No to WoW rogues.
    )No to WoW rogues.
    )Yes, piercing damage needs to go in PvP.
    )No CC should be subject to an RNG mechanic like deflection to reduce its duration. Tenacity and Control resist should be it. If something has too long of a CC duration it should be changed or Control Resist's value should be improved. Deflecting CC duration is garbage short bus gameplay.
    )No, PvP was best before Tenacity was implemented, one mistake and you loose. This game has become a mess of bad players getting away with bad choices. Removing the cheesy no skill feats and buggy abilities and fixing dodge immunity will be far more effective. Make the players work for their damage and quit this Proc free damage garbage.
    )Don't PvE so no comment.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    they just have too many tools, ofc there are different builds and they usually dont have all of these, but still a few too many advantages

insane burst damage + piercing damage
    daze - broken cc
    perfect defense and gap closer - invisibility(ok there is a bug-ish thing that allows to focus them in stealth, but you still need to see them at some time, and when you do you are probably dead or close to that)
    when that fails itc + a bunch of long dodges and stupid deflect severity

to fix this mess

I agree with these suggestions.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zxorn wrote: »
    )No to WoW rogues.
    )No to WoW rogues.
    )Yes, piercing damage needs to go in PvP.
    )No CC should be subject to an RNG mechanic like deflection to reduce its duration. Tenacity and Control resist should be it. If something has too long of a CC duration it should be changed or Control Resist's value should be improved. Deflecting CC duration is garbage short bus gameplay.
    )No, PvP was best before Tenacity was implemented, one mistake and you loose. This game has become a mess of bad players getting away with bad choices. Removing the cheesy no skill feats and buggy abilities and fixing dodge immunity will be far more effective. Make the players work for their damage and quit this Proc free damage garbage.
    )Don't PvE so no comment.

wow rogues are much better choice and easier to balance than attacking from invisibility bs that we have here

its not an fps, 1hots are the worst way of pvp in an mmorpg, in fps it takes skill and serious drawbacks on a weapon to be able to oneshot somebody, thats why its ok, in mmorpg theres RNG crits/deflect, and theres not as much skill required to land most attacks, i doubt many ppl would play pvp if everybody would 1shot everybody, before tenacity we had 2x less stats in game, and even then pvp was ****
    Paladin Master Race
    edited January 2015

to fix this mess

Again I re-quote this because its so true.

Stealth should last forever. Causing damage brings you out of stealth.

Piercing damage should be CHANGED to: Attacks hit with 100% ARP. I am fine with it ignoring defense if thats the desired intent, but it should not ignore deflect, should not bypass tenacity and should NOT bypass countless other mechanics that it currently does because of the way its coded. (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?818771-Shocking-Execution-Coded-wrong)

For reducing pvp damage, the only way is to increase tenacity. Right now it offers 1:1:1% increases for CC resist, damage, and critical severity from other players. They need to change its buffs to: 2:1:1 meaning for every 'current' value you bump it up 1%, it increases by 2% for damage.

Base Tenacity would be 10% less damage from players, 10% CC resist from players and 10% less crit damage. Adding 10% MORE tenacity would put you at 30% less damage from players (Added tenacity is 2:1:1), 20% CC resist and 20% less crit damage.

Going to 30% tenacity would be: 50% less damage from players, 30% CC resist from players and 30% less crit damage.

This would fix ALOT of the issues in PVP. Then the issue would be regen and self-healing. 2 ideas:
    1) Remove regen altogether during combat. Buff its benefit outside of combat (back to its initial stat perhaps?)
    2) Regen changed to act as a lifesteal mechanic, returning a % of damage received while in combat, and acts the same outside combat.

Now you effectively gave all classes much more survivability and nerfed self healing so classes can take 2+ encounter rotations and still live, but will effectively be "whittled" down during combat.
    edited January 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    Piercing damage should be CHANGED to: Attacks hit with 100% ARP. I am fine with it ignoring defense if thats the desired intent, but it should not ignore deflect, should not bypass tenacity and should NOT bypass countless other mechanics that it currently does because of the way its coded. (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?818771-Shocking-Execution-Coded-wrong)

afaik piercing works the way it does is for HR - it ignores everything so it doesnt get reduced 2x(first on original hit that gets reduced by all DR and 2nd time on the 40% proc), ofc they fd up and it did proc before reduction not after, but in that case piercing should ignore tenacity(cause the original hit that is base for piercing hit already got reduced)

they seriously fd up when they started pushing piercing everywhere
    Paladin Master Race
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    2 ideas:
    1) Remove regen altogether during combat. Buff its benefit outside of combat (back to its initial stat perhaps?)
    2) Regen changed to act as a lifesteal mechanic, returning a % of damage received while in combat, and acts the same outside combat.

N.

^^^
    I really don't get it how you and 2-3 others came to the conclusion that the current problem in pvp is regen.It is simply out of my mind.
    Regen only works at 50% under healing depression.
    Morew nerf?
    Hey what about lifesteal?Lifesteal makes HRs immortal not regen.

But all you advocate for regen nerf(3 people) all play toons based on lifesteal.And 90% of the Trs has lifesteal on it not regen.

Regen nerf will hit the class that is underperforming in current meta the most:The GF.Since GF lucks offensive power to use lifesteal effectivelly.Not only that..it will leave the current op classes that 99% of the builds have invested in lifesteal intact.This is absurd!!!

Wake up guys.

And what other coinsidense:Another suggestion from the same 3 "experts".Buff deflect!!lol

What really needs to be done in pvp is:Make deflect working as intended,meaning only to deflect and not reduce cc.What deflect has to do with cc?
    Make deflect stacking to have the same hard diminishing returns as defence.If you want things to be equal.
    Introduce anti deflect stat.

Improve tenacity by an extra 50%.

Nerf vorpal.

Reduce the stun and the dazes of the Tr class to 50% AS ALREADY HAPPENS WITH ALL OTHER CLASSES.

Make CWs no longer ignore 66% of tenacity for cc purposes.No more stalking on pylars from 90feet away and killing toons in secs.
  • zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    wow rogues are much better choice and easier to balance than attacking from invisibility bs that we have here

its not an fps, 1hots are the worst way of pvp in an mmorpg, in fps it takes skill and serious drawbacks on a weapon to be able to oneshot somebody, thats why its ok, in mmorpg theres RNG crits/deflect, and theres not as much skill required to land most attacks, i doubt many ppl would play pvp if everybody would 1shot everybody, before tenacity we had 2x less stats in game, and even then pvp was ****

WoW rogues are a much easier choice yes but not a better choice.

I've stated this numerous times before in other posts... The MAIN reason people are having such a hard time catching a rogue is Dodge, there used to be a small window where you could connect an attack between dodge rolls and that window has diminished to almost nothing.

"Some" of the class mechanics in this game are the main reason I ever took interest in it, Guard ( The way it used to work ) was so refreshing.. finally someone got using a shield correctly, I thought. Active blocking and no more of that garbage %chance to block. Stealth is the same way, a meter to manage and play with during combat without relying on some predictable and staple CD that all rogues will end up using. The changes to stealth you present will do nothing but to cut the class into one playstyle.

Comparing this game to a shooter isn't far off, this game is an Action MMO and has twitch mechanics for a reason, why is it easy to accept the defensive shooter aspect but not the offensive? No you don't have to aim but that's why dodge gives immunity instead of just mobility.

I still must disagree, Gtene aside, PvP was a lot more fun before Tenacity and yes there are more stats, more stats to do the work for you thanks to Tenacity.

Most of this argument is pointless anyways, Tenacity isn't going anywhere and TR stealth mechanic won't be changed.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tourtas wrote: »
    -snip-

I disagree. Piercing damage is the only thing saboteurs have, remove it, and that tree won't offer anything but one more regen encounter which is bugged and fills only 99% of the stealth bar if you take damage.

Executioner is mostly ok, they have only one broken feat which gives them 25% arp while stealthed and bugged capstone that may stack multiple times. Oneshots come mostly from First strike, without that class feature it's hard to exceed 25k LB with an average TR of 15-17k GS and greater vorpal.

Scoundrel, on the other side, gives zero counterplay. Deft Strike is depressing, once you're hit, you're dead unless you're TR or GWF, but GWF only delays inevitable. And saying that this particular path is not built around stealth is just misconception, because scoundrel TRs take two CC encounters to maximize their CC potential. You can build perma using any tree, some are just better for that purpose.

I realize that Dazing Strike -> CoS+Piercing hits hard, I feel your pain when you get your HP bar reduced by 75% in one hit, but there's nothing worse then being unable to attack back nor dodge. Remember CW freeze chain from M4? Now realize that current scoundrel is the same, but they have stealth, extremely high deflection and 4 dodges.

IMO, all dazes, including dazing strike, should be halved when used on players. Or give CW's CC the same duration on players as it is on mobs, I want that 5 sec entangle to troll the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of PvP.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tourtas wrote: »
    i don't think he is trying to fool anyone.The biggest problem is sabotrer's Shadowy Opportunity. Then all the ridiculous feats are on the executioner path.
    Scoundrel can't kill you from stealth just by throwing daggers nor 1shot you with SE. imo scoundrel is the least broken path on the TR.
    Does it need a daze nerf?? imo obviously!
    Scoundrel feats may work well on their own but combined with daze encounters it just get's too much.
    i think the problem is on Concussive Strikes feat that procs every 5secs. till one daze is over concussive proc again, all you need to do is throw some daggers.
    Smoke bombs dmg "favors" the feats.

People have problem with what they take in the face. u are a gwf you hate sabo and exe. u are cw you hate scoundrel.
    Saboteurs are the most broken by far
    Scoundrel needs a daze nerf
    Executioner..(oh come on! just read the feats, it's a troll)

Ps: All that scoundrel daze could be fair only if tr's lacked DPS. They don't.

Of course Scoundrel is the least broken spec of TR but it still needs a nerf to dazes. Nothing more. But there we have morenthar who wants to shift the focus on other specs of the TR so he can keep his dazes untouched.
    edited January 2015
    zxorn wrote: »
    WoW rogues are a much easier choice yes but not a better choice.

I've stated this numerous times before in other posts... The MAIN reason people are having such a hard time catching a rogue is Dodge, there used to be a small window where you could connect an attack between dodge rolls and that window has diminished to almost nothing.
    its simply not fun trying to hit smth thats not visible + stealth forces to switch to sub par encounters and fks up a lot of skills, if skills would work like in fps with direction instead of target lock it would be better, but thats impossible for technical reasons(limitations of latency and stuff like that)

"Some" of the class mechanics in this game are the main reason I ever took interest in it, Guard ( The way it used to work ) was so refreshing.. finally someone got using a shield correctly, I thought. Active blocking and no more of that garbage %chance to block. Stealth is the same way, a meter to manage and play with during combat without relying on some predictable and staple CD that all rogues will end up using. The changes to stealth you present will do nothing but to cut the class into one playstyle.
    that is one of reasons i like action mmorpgs, but i find stealth more annoying than interesting, getting encounters to regenerate it, managing bars etc, i like stealth as a skill that allows me to avoid combat instead of haa haa you cant see me while i hit you
    Comparing this game to a shooter isn't far off, this game is an Action MMO and has twitch mechanics for a reason, why is it easy to accept the defensive shooter aspect but not the offensive? No you don't have to aim but that's why dodge gives immunity instead of just mobility.
    this is quite wrong, while its closer to fps than the ye old tab targeting bs, there are things in this game that make it impossible to go for fps style(high damage fast combat)
    1)crit and deflect - there is no place for RNG in an fps style - you want to do damage - you use skill to hit in the head, you want to oneshot you use slower weapons with low fire rate/accuracy whatever, crit and deflect are the reasons why the damage would be lowered, 1 lucky crit/deflect CAN'T decide a fight, that simple, more hits(bigger sample size) makes it closer to real numbers
    2)latency - ppl are playing with up to 300 ping, nobody would seriously play fps with latency like that, and this problem can be only solved by inventing a way to transmit data faster than light
    I still must disagree, Gtene aside, PvP was a lot more fun before Tenacity and yes there are more stats, more stats to do the work for you thanks to Tenacity.

Most of this argument is pointless anyways, Tenacity isn't going anywhere and TR stealth mechanic won't be changed.

pvp was fun back then, but tenacity is required cause of gear creep, what stats ppl had in mod 1 and what stats ppl have now, did u have ppl in pvp with 10k power then ? we have 2x more stats now, BiS ppl can be capped on all the stats with diminishing returns and have a ton of power on top of it so damage has grown more than 2x, but health hasnt grown even 2x

and stealth did get changed a few times so whats a few times more
    Paladin Master Race
  • tourtastourtas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    I disagree. Piercing damage is the only thing saboteurs have, remove it, and that tree won't offer anything but one more regen encounter which is bugged and fills only 99% of the stealth bar if you take damage. i agree tho if piercing is removed we have a new round of tests to make cause it changes a lot.
    i also think that besides piercing dmg, sabo's have the "easiest permastealth". those last mods perma lovers get to be annoying and contesting v2 or v3 if they are not willing to kill anyone, just cancel a node.

Executioner is mostly ok, they have only one broken feat which gives them 25% arp while stealthed and bugged capstone that may stack multiple times. Oneshots come mostly from First strike, without that class feature it's hard to exceed 25k LB with an average TR of 15-17k GS and greater vorpal. yes but a BiS TR can deal +30k LB and wait for the rest 15k from demise finish the job. Also do you believe that feats like Shadowborn or Last Moments are ok?? I find those numbers very very fat.

Scoundrel, on the other side, gives zero counterplay. Deft Strike is depressing, once you're hit, you're dead unless you're TR or GWF, but GWF only delays inevitable. And saying that this particular path is not built around stealth is just misconception, because scoundrel TRs take two CC encounters to maximize their CC potential. You can build perma using any tree, some are just better for that purpose. True. Zero counter play against some classes, small counterplay against others. (chance of counterplay drops exponentially to trs ability)

I realize that Dazing Strike -> CoS+Piercing hits hard, I feel your pain when you get your HP bar reduced by 75% in one hit, but there's nothing worse then being unable to attack back nor dodge. Remember CW freeze chain from M4? Now realize that current scoundrel is the same, but they have stealth, extremely high deflection and 4 dodges. True.I was able to kill those CWs in mod4 with a visible tr and the same playstyle as now using deft strike. Back then it was hard earned victory now it is stealing candy from a baby.

IMO, all dazes, including dazing strike, should be halved when used on players. Or give CW's CC the same duration on players as it is on mobs, I want that 5 sec entangle to troll the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of PvP. Worth trying it. I suspect that it won't be enough tho.Besides the daze duration the problem is that there are multiple sources of daze, some that proc,others that are on demand.Sometimes interrupting is enough and you don't even care about the daze. I think it will come down to the balance between CC and DPS cause even with half duration dazes, if 1 rotation is enough to kill your opponent that wouldn't change much.

Thanks for your reply
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    can any of you, players whose are saying that TR-class is fine, explaing it to me?

I am still waiting for that response, particularly from Essence of aggression players defending the TRs.

So far, we've gotten a tirade with a hint of profanity from one of their TRs telling us to "buff our skill" and also another non-answer from one of their other members.

Anyways, if anyone has actual rotations, encounters to use, videos, 1v1s to help the community out, that would be real swell!
    edited January 2015
    its simply not fun trying to hit smth thats not visible + stealth forces to switch to sub par encounters and fks up a lot of skills, if skills would work like in fps with direction instead of target lock it would be better, but thats impossible for technical reasons(limitations of latency and stuff like that)

that is one of reasons i like action mmorpgs, but i find stealth more annoying than interesting, getting encounters to regenerate it, managing bars etc, i like stealth as a skill that allows me to avoid combat instead of haa haa you cant see me while i hit you

this is quite wrong, while its closer to fps than the ye old tab targeting bs, there are things in this game that make it impossible to go for fps style(high damage fast combat)
    1)crit and deflect - there is no place for RNG in an fps style - you want to do damage - you use skill to hit in the head, you want to oneshot you use slower weapons with low fire rate/accuracy whatever, crit and deflect are the reasons why the damage would be lowered, 1 lucky crit/deflect CAN'T decide a fight, that simple, more hits(bigger sample size) makes it closer to real numbers
    2)latency - ppl are playing with up to 300 ping, nobody would seriously play fps with latency like that, and this problem can be only solved by inventing a way to transmit data faster than light

pvp was fun back then, but tenacity is required cause of gear creep, what stats ppl had in mod 1 and what stats ppl have now, did u have ppl in pvp with 10k power then ? we have 2x more stats now, BiS ppl can be capped on all the stats with diminishing returns and have a ton of power on top of it so damage has grown more than 2x, but health hasnt grown even 2x

and stealth did get changed a few times so whats a few times more

I agree.

I would say stealth USED to operate in a decent manor before the perma stealth builds emerged, TRs played alot more offensively out in the open with less reliance on stealth. The perma stealth idea killed my desire to play TR. I know TRs are squishy if caught which is why I like stealth for defensive utility as well as tactical setup for offense. What it is now just isnt fun.

Also id beuch more in favor of perma stealth if while stealthed you couldnt contest nodes. I think thats part of the issue. Its not just that you can perma its also the type of pvp we have. We dont play slayer or CTF or some type of "assault" we play a stalemate game. Whoever can stalemate the longest wins. If you track all the best builds its always been the best stalemate builds that require 2 people to kill. Thats whats not fun

Back pre module 1 pvp was great. Then with power creep and efficient builds and more people having perfect vorpals, tenacity was needed. Looking back over my videos post tenacity pvp was great too, alot better than todays pvp.we have hit the same issue again. Power creep and more boons with stats have caused an even larger need for more tenacity. People getting 1-2shot all the time now. Its silly.
  • nilchetnilchet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just 1.5 pence here.. but I play a TR and a CW in pvp.. as a TR.. its just ridiculous. stealth around..kill something.. stealth again.. rinse, wash repeat. as a cw.. when there are 2 Tr's, and there are ALWAYS 2 Tr's anymore.. they can be mediocre and the stealth all the time ruins it.

Crits during stealth, I get that.. works fine (since I play a TR too of course) but ... for gods sake.. limit the stealth in pvp. it has skewed everything.. to where even playing a TR in pvp is just like farming glory. Devs, if ya do read these.. good lord, look at limiting stealth during pvp. Perhaps make it tick twice as fast or something?
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have to say, while I do play a multitude of characters in NWO, I would not want to see Rogues nerfed into the ground. I will admit though, I do play my Rogue as a PvP Rogue only as I get the most enjoyment out of him in that type of play style (Rogues don't really have a purpose like true DnD dungeons in this game), the developers should look into changing the damage modifiers possibly on several abilities that lets us hit for 21-30k damage ( I have hit several people for 30k in PvP, easily).

I would be happy with a nerf to overall damage on my Rogue but if you taketh, you must giveth, one, the devs should make this an opportunistic class up the timers on stuns and disables but lower our damage. We should have control over a person as a Rogue that give us an advantage not because of our "One hit quit" dynamic, but because of certain scenarios that give us an opportunity "outside" stealth.

Combat advantage comes to mind as something they could experiment with.

I don't know, as it is right now, I won't play any other class outside my Rogue and CW in PvP, due to the extreme advantages they get (SW is close, but you start to see diminishing returns on them as they level up (in PvP, anyways).
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The thing i do not understand is, why is GMC repeating previous mistakes/design flaws? He did the same to CO assassin-builds, 2 years ago. See video for details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9pZn9RK7zA

Yup, this pretty much sums up what am doing in PvP, I 1-2 Global someone, run off and hide, re-stealth and repeat.

You would think that this would have been noticed by now though.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    why is GMC repeating previous mistakes/design flaws? He did the same to CO assassin-builds, 2 years ago.

How was it fixed in CO? Maybe the same fix would work also in NWO.
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    lewel555 wrote: »
    How was it fixed in CO? Maybe the same fix would work also in NWO.

probably the same as Threating Rush, with a cooldown on it.
  • harunhhharunhh Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think anyone with an ounce of common sense has to agree that the current state of the game is lousy?

In the worst days of GWFs or CWs at theere were over 4000 pages of players on the leaderboard.

With EVERY single match being minimum 4 TRs you either play a TR or just quit.

Cryptic , your bad game balance is killing your game.
  • grimelrokgrimelrok Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    well apparently PVP population in general in this game is a very small % of the population. So I would hardly think anything about PVP is killing the game. People who want ezmode facerolls will always pick the ez win build and farm what they can while they can and switch up when that is no longer viable. Those that prefer a challenge will always get bored and swap to something else.

If you want to talk about what's likely to drop the # of players in the game (PVE and PVP) I'd be willing to bet it's tied to the game being much less alt friendly now with the artifact gear being in weapons, neck and belt slots, it's daunting and/or expensive to setup 1 toon with top gear, let alone alts. So the lack of people having a PVP alt and a PVE alt etc will lead to people getting bored faster and finding other games to play instead. So until they cut down the cost of refining these items to max level, this will continue.

I know several people who enjoyed having one toon setup for PVP and one for PVE as their idea of fun in each was different and that's just not as viable as it was pre mod 5.

my $.02 keep the change.
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Considering the number of people posting both on this forum as well as the one that got moved to the preview forum area, it's obvious that the TR needs addressed. I appreciate all the comments and multiple strategies at balancing the TRs damage. It's good to see that other people support balancing and are trying to bring solutions to the table.

Thanks for your replies.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• firefate1firefate1 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    its so easy for trs to win fights. As usual the their engagement in a fight is always on their terms. All they do is wait and they will win. Daze and shocking execution, daze and bloodbath. Or proc dazes as scoundrel or proc shadow of demise which still multi procs. Trs have been made into a proc class. Searching for a tr is even harder now because you have to waste your defenses because of the threat of getting one shotted. While no ones defensive mechanic last as long as stealth. Takes way to much skill to get to a 30% chance of winning a tr. All paths of the tr class needs to be address so they aren't overpowered or too weak.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    harunhh wrote: »
    I think anyone with an ounce of common sense has to agree that the current state of the game is lousy?

In the worst days of GWFs or CWs at theere were over 4000 pages of players on the leaderboard.
    Actually, no. There were 4000 pages of characters, not players. There is a big difference. For instance, at one point I had 4 toons included in those numbers.

And the big drop in numbers came right after the Mod 4 launch reset, so nothing to do with TRs.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    And the big drop in numbers came right after the Mod 4 launch reset, so nothing to do with TRs.

Weeelll nothing and nothing - you know saying its only Trs is a bit much but saying nothing to do with Trs is stretching a bit dont ya think......

I know at least 10 good pvper that stopped and even moved to other games because of Trs in pvp I read quite some threads about others doing the same so lets just say Tr has not made pvp in this game more popular but rather the opposite mkay ;.)....
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    marnival wrote: »
    Weeelll nothing and nothing - you know saying its only Trs is a bit much but saying nothing to do with Trs is stretching a bit dont ya think......

I know at least 10 good pvper that stopped and even moved to other games because of Trs in pvp I read quite some threads about others doing the same so lets just say Tr has not made pvp in this game more popular but rather the opposite mkay ;.)....

i know trs that left for no longer being so op :), happen to many people after their classes got nerfed , this broken balance kills the pvp slowly but surely. I dont know why they keep given poison to the game and things are way too repetitive to be random...
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Whoever thinks that TRs are fine right now has to be blind.
    It just suprises me that even some otherwise rational and decent players show so little game sense for balancing.
    THERE IS a reason why in inhouse matches in big pvp guilds, both teams either need a TR or just to agree on not having a TR AT ALL! Because TRs are so imbalanced right now, even pm vs pms are mostly decided by the skill of the involved TRs.

To get the facts straight: TRs were NEVER a bad class for pvp. Even gimped in mod3/4 they were good because of the ability to perma stealth and nearly perma block an enemy node.

Now, a TR can perma stealth, permablock a node, permakill anyone coming near him.
    Some may say, there are "super skilled" players who can counter a TR, like mouz, steam, deadshot, sandstorm, inna and so on.
    I say: cool story bro, but no! I have witnesses all these players getting beaten by some TRs. It tells you alot when in organized premade matches both TRs have a k/d ratio of 4:1 beeing on enemy home blocking it most of the time. Imagine any other class send to enemy home and what the result would be. You would be lucky to block it 50% and having 1:1 k/d.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Moderator Notice:

Many posts have been removed. If one cannot express their concerns, opinions, feedback, and have discussions without profanities, rude remarks, and other rule violations, then please do not post on our forums. Please read the Rules of Conduct and adhere to them. Smack talk won't be tolerated here.

Due to how much had to be removed, many legitimate posts were also removed due to being a part of the conversation tied to the rule violations. Folks, just ignore rule violators and report them to us via the Post Report feature (small grey triangle at the bottom left of any post).

Please do not reply to this notice, for doing so is not allowed. Instead, contact us via Private Message to discuss forum moderation. Thanks!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    <please stick to factual evidence and not doctored combat logs. ~Zeb>