test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TR gets same dps as CW so why is the only class getting nerfed TR?

Comments

• Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    "TR gets same dps as CW so why is the only class getting nerfed TR?"

all know why, the question is what can we do to change that.

ps: no, iam not defend the bug.
  • Options
    mojoratmojorat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited November 2014
    Devs are worst hypocrite in game. They are playing CW and delete every thread to nerf unfair CW. They keep anti TR, ugly nerf requests and delete any other thread against classes they are playing.

You do grasp the debs are employees and would be firedvif this were the case. The current situation is not in the company's interest andcthey would be out of a job.
  • Options
    commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Devs are worst hypocrite in game. They are playing CW and delete every thread to nerf unfair CW. They keep anti TR, ugly nerf requests and delete any other thread against classes they are playing.

Whats your business with CW?
    You can nerf CW all you want, but SW, HR or GWF will still outdps you!
    Now even DC!
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Whats your business with CW?
    You can nerf CW all you want, but SW, HR or GWF will still outdps you!
    Now even DC!

Lol wat? I've seen a 15k TR deal same damage as 17k CW and twice the damage of my 17k sentinel GWF in eSoT. So I've no idea what you're talking about. Besides SoD will be fixed to account for the full 6 secs and not only first attack. That will make TR a good competition for SWs. People ahould read devtracker more often...
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Still the fact is, the forums are toyed by CWs.

Just really, have you ever seen CWs being in the same awful state as any other class once was? NO, they HAVE ALWAYS been BROKEN. Did they do anything about that? Yes, they did buff and pseudo nerfed the class countless times. And I tell you what, all this CW hatred that poured out at forums now is because it is TRUE. Everyone either tired of playing this class because they finally realize there is nothing else better they can roll to simply match with the other and do the best content or just tired of waiting.

P.S oh or they just simply quit. Like many did.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »

Just really, have you ever seen CWs being in the same awful state as any other class once was? NO, they HAVE ALWAYS been BROKEN. Did they do anything about that? Yes, they did buff and pseudo nerfed the class countless times. And I tell you what, all this CW hatred that poured out at forums now is because it is TRUE. Everyone either tired of playing this class because they finally realize there is nothing else better they can roll to simply match with the other and do the best content or just tired of waiting.

agreed cws destroyed gwf because it could to as much pve dps as they could and now tr is their next target i just dont get it ppl complain on broken op cw since closed beta time and all they done they nerfed classes who could keep up in something with them and made cws even more broken :( this kiled player base not everyone wants to play cw to can play game
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    zvieris wrote: »
    Lol wat? I've seen a 15k TR deal same damage as 17k CW and twice the damage of my 17k sentinel GWF in eSoT. So I've no idea what you're talking about. Besides SoD will be fixed to account for the full 6 secs and not only first attack. That will make TR a good competition for SWs. People ahould read devtracker more often...

Why would a tanklike sentinel GWF should have that much dps as a TR or CW in the first place?
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Let me guess! You are an SW or a GWF...
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    agreed cws destroyed gwf because it could to as much pve dps as they could and now tr is their next target i just dont get it ppl complain on broken op cw since closed beta time and all they done they nerfed classes who could keep up in something with them and made cws even more broken :( this kiled player base not everyone wants to play cw to can play game

If TR was not broken then go play in Well of dragons where TRs with SD were killing dragons in seconds...
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Why would a tanklike sentinel GWF should have that much dps as a TR or CW in the first place?

sent no, destroyer and instigator yes, and even more than cw, close to hr and sw since cw SHOULD be utility focused class not dps focused one
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Let me guess! You are an SW or a GWF...
    I am 20k TR that has been playing the class since beta till the day they released SW because I am tired of the douchbag mage class calling my TR a "pet".

Oh and now is my turn, CW for PvE and HR halfling for PvP? Or perhaps both?
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

PVE CWs are indeed and have been too OP for far too long. The discussions in this thread however mainly concerns PVP (in which the TR has historically been overpowered and the CW whipping boys)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    PVE CWs are indeed and have been too OP for far too long.
    Since mod4...?(3 months)
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Since mod4...?(3 months)
    Since forever in PvE.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Since mod4...?(3 months)

since beta
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Since forever in PvE.

since before time even existed
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Since mod4...?(3 months)

I said PVE not PVP.

PVE CWs has historically been overpowered.

PVP CWs has historically been treated like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for the most part and legitimately OP for less than 15 days.
  • Options
    hoofithoofit Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Tr needs nerf in pvp as they can now 1 hit a 40k gf with good defence and deflect that has to be wrong?
    In pve too I see them as well 1 hitting semi bosses with huge amount of hit points is this what was intended NW? or a mistake in the code or a new exploit, I'd like to know as the TR in pvp was 11k and the one in pve was 14k and they hit like a meteor's both times.
  • Options
    ragingwizardragingwizard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 34
    edited November 2014
    Very simple answer

TR has stealth, CW doesn't.
    TR has CC breaker CW has a daily CC breaker that hardly anyone uses.
    CWs most powerful ability is a daily, but still does much less compared to TRs lashing+ first strike, not to mention thats only an encounter.

TRs have 75% deflect severity, and lots of deflect chance, CWs have none of that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

There broken, time for them to be nerfed to the ground again, DEVs fault for ignoring feedback.
  • Options
    ragingwizardragingwizard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 34
    edited November 2014
    They should not have the highest damage at all if they can keep up stealth, which they can atm, either lose your single target dps or lose your perma stealth, from what I've seen in mod 5, executioners can refill stealth because of SoD buff by simply dodging and they go back in, stalth refills should be exclusive to sabotuer, not even a loss, there ridiculously high deflect chance/severity + ItC they should never need refills, your class is all wrong, and no I'm not a CW I'm a DC, too which on that note I am quite happy with the way the dps build cleric turned out, no idea whats going on with heal DCs.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    There broken, time for them to be nerfed to the ground again, DEVs fault for ignoring feedback.
    "to the state they once were to please our needs", ignoring CW's feedback?

CW has CC penetration, TR does not, CW has wide AoE, TR only got a smoke bomb. CW got superior range attacks, TR got only a toothpicks with short range. Really dead and unconstructive arguments.
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    hoofit wrote: »
    I think maybe because in pvp some trs are almost 1 hitting gfs with 40k and 5000+ defence 2000+ deflect and are 1 hitting Cws Warlocks ect may be a small problem and there not of that high in gear score.
    I don't know many Cw's that can almost 1 shot a 40k with 5000+defence and 2000+deflect or for that matter 1 shot another CW.
    This is only a guess but from what I've read here on the forum it may be why.

+1 Exactly! Saw many over 40K Hp players 1-2 shoted, by only 7k GS TR. Is this normal?

Have to agree tho, that Tenacity isn't complete, it is like it's still in beta phase, it should include more stats, so that nobody should be forced to make 2 characters for either PVP or PVE, changing the gear with Tenacity should do the job.

How tenacity works for my play style shows, that i still use my old fashioned PVE combo gear for PVP and it does me a better job, compared to my PVP set, which i only keep in my bank.

To the hatred against TRs. Anybody as old school DnD player had to see this perma thing as a monstrosity. Never did i see such a thing in DnD and this is a DnD style game after all! Now in DnD there isn't such thing as 1 shotting a boss NPC, which would transfer here as 1 shotting a high GS high HP player and here it can be done by a rookie. LOL

In DnD a TR has to use cunning and movement to conceal his actions, where as here a TR goes into invisibility 90% of the time and bang no real DnD style gameplay needed.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    hoofit wrote: »
    Tr needs nerf in pvp as they can now 1 hit a 40k gf with good defence and deflect that has to be wrong?
    In pve too I see them as well 1 hitting semi bosses with huge amount of hit points is this what was intended NW? or a mistake in the code or a new exploit, I'd like to know as the TR in pvp was 11k and the one in pve was 14k and they hit like a meteor's both times.

Do you eat, breath, sleep, shiit, nerf word all day leave TR alone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Really guys, i understand every class has their issues. I worked personally on CW feats (a fair amount which are either broken, misleading, or useless).

That said, i have played with every single class since the mod drop. Finally, I think everything is fine!

Everyone does their job quite well, many specs are viable, different compositions are viable, and a well geared, well played character - NO MATTER THE CLASS - is incredibly effective in helping the team.

So i get feats aren't working right - put that in bug reports or find a way to deliver them to devs thorough your advocates. That's why those advocates are there!

Overall this is best in terms of class balance in terms of power and content that i have seen since launch. We are doing way better than we were. Let's be grateful and try to not run in circular complaints, please :).
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Very simple answer

TR has stealth, CW doesn't.
    TR has CC breaker CW has a daily CC breaker that hardly anyone uses.
    CWs most powerful ability is a daily, but still does much less compared to TRs lashing+ first strike, not to mention thats only an encounter.

TRs have 75% deflect severity, and lots of deflect chance, CWs have none of that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

You need to change the first part of your username to 'whining'.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    Another problem what must be faced is the "almost perma daze". In PvP it should have a ICD like CW's "freeze" has OR make P. Elven Enchant being like 300% on stun/daze resistance and reduce them to 50%.
    An ICD would cripple Scoundrels in PvE. Just lower Daze duration against players like they have with some stuns etc.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    An ICD would cripple Scoundrels in PvE. Just lower Daze duration against players like they have with some stuns etc.

As if they would ever have cared about PvE, when they did a PvP nerf. There seem to be some decent TRs with valid suggestions to tone down their class to be in a good place, but not OP. I hope, they will do that, but I think, that they will do as with GWF, ignore the ppl who know the class and its mechanics and do something else.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    "to the state they once were to please our needs", ignoring CW's feedback?

CW has CC penetration, TR does not, CW has wide AoE, TR only got a smoke bomb. CW got superior range attacks, TR got only a toothpicks with short range. Really dead and unconstructive arguments.

Same volume as yours!

TRs are outdpsing CWs in SOt/Lol now with aoe attacks like blitz!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    sent no, destroyer and instigator yes, and even more than cw, close to hr and sw since cw SHOULD be utility focused class not dps focused one

On the contrary!
    GWF should be tank with "somewhat" more dps than a GF to defend other classes as a Defender main class.
    CW should have competitve dps with some control and you can go full control and utility with Oppressor!

Full melee dps? That should be a TR or a Monk later!