test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TR gets same dps as CW so why is the only class getting nerfed TR?

Comments

• Options
    ivcakamikazeivcakamikaze Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    Havent tried PvP in mod 5 yet, but all the good CW's agree that we are one of the worst PvP classes atm...

-If you didn't try PVP yet why you trolling then? All good CWs? Pls tell me their names. If you think that CW is the worst PVP class then you are not a PVPer, you are a pug. If some class is made for PVP that is CW for sure.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    Wait, are you sugesting that, now, other classes can hit back to your class make CW-class "one of the wors class on PvP"??? Play with a GWF in profound Sent set vs a CW in High Vizier at your same GS, and come back here and say this again, i dare you

He said 'one of the worst'.

After GWF, the current worst PvP class is probably CW.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    tolfy21422tolfy21422 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have what some would call an 'OP' tr build since mod 5. I have run many dungeon's and i have noticed that i get the same dps as an 'OP' cw. So could somebody explain to me why the SoD is getting nerfed? I think the TR is right where it should be.

This is what i was saying earlier today in zone chat. People are complaining how OP TR are and killing the dragon in Ebons Down took 5 sec because of TRs.... Am i the only one who remembers that before new Mod SW AND CW have been dominating those dragons in 5 Secs.. Im mainly a CW i dont play TR. But i believe they should be doing just as much damage as we cws do. Thats their job to dominate in bosses. I destroy crowds and they do bosses. Together we kick butt and win.. I don't believe they should nerf TR again. This is what they should be doing.
  • Options
    mojoratmojorat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited November 2014
    Sigh paingiver is an over simplified view of the game. Heres tge easiest answer a character that is ranged and aie focused shoukd always win paingiver.with mod 5 my tr isnt just doing the same damage as a Cw she is doing 50% more than one 4k gs higher. Bsses basically melt. In pvp if te enemy team has .ore sod tr than yours you loose.
  • Options
    vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    He said 'one of the worst'.

After GWF, the current worst PvP class is probably CW.

Not really, a CW can really help to get a DC killed... there cc is still very usefull. Also they still deal a lot of DPS, I was actually thinking that CW's would be garbage in mod 5 PvP too but that wasn't the case ^^ I rather call HR's the worst class in PvP after the GWF.
    This is what i was saying earlier today in zone chat. People are complaining how OP TR are and killing the dragon in Ebons Down took 5 sec because of TRs.... Am i the only one who remembers that before new Mod SW AND CW have been dominating those dragons in 5 Secs..

Nice lie, SW's and CW's weren't able to kill a dragon in 5 secs. Still don't understand why people are defending a bug. No class should be able to kill all end bosses in 10 secs period, this case it's just a bug which gets fixed not a nerf.
    signature-lili.png
  • Options
    caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Guys the feat was bugged severely, plain and simple. There is absolutely no reason to think that the damage you were outputting was going to stay as an executioner. Those who are defending it I have come to learn are most likely poor PvP players who suddenly thought they were good because of it. Rude awakening is coming.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • Options
    tolfy21422tolfy21422 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    yeah they were saying how a feat was broken in preview. was not sure if they fixed it before new mod.. maybe not.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    They are fixing it to operate as intended for the purpose of stacks. Now whether the total cumulative damage is going to be WAI I can't say.
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well written, caexar.
  • Options
    alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited November 2014
    Because ( PVP ) this game fails hard at PVE and balance betwen dps and tanking classes SOLUTION ? is very simple they need to remove pvp and focus on pve since this game is main based pve
  • Options
    aaablacklady9aaablacklady9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Easy ^^ Because CW (Control Wizard) are supposed to do:
    -uber AoE DPS;
    -uber controll;
    -uber singol target DPS;

TR can't do the same, if they do it it's a "bug". Let's all thanks the CW community for another nerf just for fun ^^
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Are you suggesting that the damage executioners were putting out in PvE was acceptable? :confused:
  • Options
    doomltddoomltd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Because ( PVP ) this game fails hard at PVE and balance betwen dps and tanking classes SOLUTION ? is very simple they need to remove pvp and focus on pve since this game is main based pve

This is, without a doubt, the dumbest thing I've ever read.

If you believe that the game is unbalanced in PvE because of PvP, then request a change in feats depending on whether you are attacking a player or a mob. Even the suggestion that the devs should remove PvP because of PvE "unblanace" (LOL) is just... I don't even have words to explain the amount of stupidity one must posses in order to arrive at this erroneous idea.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    doomltd wrote: »
    This is, without a doubt, the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Nope this is the dumbest thing i've ever read. All the "balanced" come out from pvp because too many people was asking nerf on other class,
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    while i did have some serious success in pvp yesterday with my scoundrel, i can be shut-down if the enemies actually knew how to work together.

also, my scoundrel is on-par or a bit better than wizards at dealing damage now due to the damage buffs we received for attacking cc'ed enemies (aka we benefit from your controls too :P). duelist flurry bleed is also very nice as well. well, i won't beat wizards rushing to be the 1st person to hit a group of mobs since i take time to loot nodes and pick up drops that are left behind >.>

PvP: If the other team has to work together against you, you are OP. Good TRs in mod 4 where able to whipe the floor with PUG CWs, GWFs etc. Two friends of mine, who left a few month ago, played PvPperma TRs and one of their hobbies was reading out loud the PvP trashtalk directed to them. One surefireway to lose PvP as 3 noobs on home chasing a perma TR. Thats NOT weak. TRs needed more options, but they where never a weak PvP class.

PvE: You realize, that if you are dealing more dps, than dps CW, even when you did not take the broken OP dps tree and you are missing out on 40% of dmg bc they kill the trash while you loot, you are OP.

I know, that TRs needed a boost in PVE and I dont care who is paingiver. You can keep it for all I care, but dealing 5 times the damage of better geared PvE chars is broken OP.

On a side note. I was able to kill 90% of CWs I played against with my HR or GWF in mod 4 1v1. They needed skill to avoid bulls rush (HR) or FLS and come and get it (GWF). A good 15k perma TR effectively bound my 20k+ GWF to home node, bc he capped it 24/7 and killed all of my PuG team, when they went there, CWs included.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Nope this is the dumbest thing i've ever read. All the "balanced" come out from pvp because too many people was asking nerf on other class,

If you are honestly suggesting that a feat which literally STACKS ITSELF (I'm not sure if people realize this, if you attack using this feat, the Damage will proc again off itself) isn't a bug, and shouldn't be changed (no it's not a nerf, get real) then I feel sorry for you.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Nope, but all the time there some "magical bug" that make some class Op to the eyes of the other class. I play since beta i saw the TR to be nerfed to the ground, now he got 1 day of glory and people asked again for nerf because someone was using a build for let a feats proc. Personally i don't care of PvP or how much damage someone did at the end of dungeon. I only care about all the people have fun play a class. Now again, the TR lose another pice of DPS because someone asked for nerf. I don't use a TR and personally i didn't see that SoD as a bug. The feats didn't say can't proc x time
  • Options
    vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If you are honestly suggesting that a feat which literally STACKS ITSELF (I'm not sure if people realize this, if you attack using this feat, the Damage will proc again off itself) isn't a bug, and shouldn't be changed (no it's not a nerf, get real) then I feel sorry for you.

You are since the Open Beta, you should have known how some TR's are ^^

Complaining about CW's but forgetting that there actually 5 more classes next to the CW and TR.
    signature-lili.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Nope, but all the time there some "magical bug" that make some class Op to the eyes of the other class. I play since beta i saw the TR to be nerfed to the ground, now he got 1 day of glory and people asked again for nerf because someone was using a build for let a feats proc. Personally i don't care of PvP or how much damage someone did at the end of dungeon. I only care about all the people have fun play a class. Now again, the TR lose another pice of DPS because someone asked for nerf. I don't use a TR and personally i didn't see that SoD as a bug. The feats didn't say can't proc x time

If you honestly only care that people have fun then why do you oppose the TR bug fix? No one has fun in PvP right now except TR. Do you really think that's okay?
  • Options
    edited November 2014

But they didn't have just one day glory and then this fix came out of the blue. People have been posting that the feats was bugged for weeks. This fix has been in the works for awhile I would imagine.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have what some would call an 'OP' tr build since mod 5. I have run many dungeon's and i have noticed that i get the same dps as an 'OP' cw. So could somebody explain to me why the SoD is getting nerfed? I think the TR is right where it should be.

Problem solved.. (thread closed)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    vverg wrote: »
    You are since the Open Beta, you should have known how some TR's are ^^

Complaining about CW's but forgetting that there actually 5 more classes next to the CW and TR.

It truly has been like that since beta, still I enjoy voicing my opinion (even though I am well aware it affects no one) when i'm bored. :P
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    If you honestly only care that people have fun then why do you oppose the TR bug fix? No one has fun in PvP right now except TR. Do you really think that's okay?

Din Din :D See another nerf for PvP :D
  • Options
    edited November 2014

First of all, all the people includes other classes than TRs. So if TR is the only class that can get a great success in HEs, thats just fun for TR.

WAI can be OP. Mod 4 CW traum capstone had piercing dmg, WAI but OP and fixed. GF with blue glyhps had an immortal kill everyone with reflect build, WAI but OP. There are a few devs trying to balance the classes and thousands of players trying to minmax their chars. With every new mod you can see what happens, if devs think, that they know best and dont heed the advice of dedicated players.
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    • Trickster Rogue: Shadow of Demise: This feat can no longer stack on the same target multiple times.

Patch notes say its over, move on to perma stun.
  • Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    Wait, are you sugesting that, now, other classes can hit back to your class make CW-class "one of the wors class on PvP"??? Play with a GWF in profound Sent set vs a CW in High Vizier at your same GS, and come back here and say this again, i dare you

Now i now you are just trolling... Using pve gear(with no overload slot) in pvp is just beyond stupid...
  • Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    -If you didn't try PVP yet why you trolling then? All good CWs? Pls tell me their names. If you think that CW is the worst PVP class then you are not a PVPer, you are a pug. If some class is made for PVP that is CW for sure.

Cause this is a pve topic, and somehow the whiny pvp base managed to turn it into another pvp whine thread? Anyway go to cw sub forum, a lot of good pvp cw's (I aint one of them...) are saying that we are in a horrible place right now, when it comes to pvp...
  • Options
    froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    tolfy21422 wrote: »
    This is what i was saying earlier today in zone chat. People are complaining how OP TR are and killing the dragon in Ebons Down took 5 sec because of TRs.... Am i the only one who remembers that before new Mod SW AND CW have been dominating those dragons in 5 Secs.. Im mainly a CW i dont play TR. But i believe they should be doing just as much damage as we cws do. Thats their job to dominate in bosses. I destroy crowds and they do bosses. Together we kick butt and win.. I don't believe they should nerf TR again. This is what they should be doing.

I have been doing more dmg than CWs in PvE for a long time on my 22k HR. Yet, a 14k TR without gear/artifacts easily outdmg me right away last night. He was not even a good 14k no gear TR, he was just a simple grasshopper with the right build.

Surely everyone fresh at lvl 60 should be able to outdmg someone who is a good BiS dmg dealer? No problems there, right.. ?

And I struggle getting Great Success at the new dragons if there is a few TR's there. And my dmg is excellent. But again, surely intended. The rest of the classes can just pack a bag and gtfo?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    Now i now you are just trolling... Using pve gear(with no overload slot) in pvp is just beyond stupid...

No, he is not, I used to play some PvP with my CW, stopped, bc he never got this stupid bracers. With bad PUGs I switched back to HV and melted them like butter in the sun. You can go all dps, when everyone is dead before they can toch you. OFC it is not viable in 90% of the fights.