test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TR gets same dps as CW so why is the only class getting nerfed TR?

Comments

• obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My speech will be short- TRs ( and DCs by the way) need nerf in pvp and person or people responsible for actually changes should be dismissed from job.
    From module to module thing are getting worsed, now with these DCs and especialy TRs normal pvp domination is simply impossible to do. Please start to test thing before you release it on live and mess game more and more.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sure! Ranged people always terrified from some melee guy...

113955-image535a1e4bb9205ZWvbgif-gsz8.gif

If you are taking the concept of "reality", warriors are the history of human civilization... "magicians" ... well... is good for killing chickens and goats. (or las vegas show, i dont know)

ps: this guy will kill a god (long story, gnostic japanese thing)
  • sygfried94sygfried94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    Is really sad that devs listen to players like you, whose does not know a thing about the game at all and making it as skill-less as it is right now for some classes to allow some persons to play this game "like good players".

1 dev doesn't listen me more than you.
    2 all Your post are neither with an objectif of balance between class, neither even with the kind of play (s) dev want from the class so of course dev doesn't take it in consideration.
    3 the very rare value you put in your post come from nowhere, are not explained and impact with it in neitheir approximativly given.
    4 when someone take the time to put it in value with the damage formula of the game, you put it on his face like it you who develop the game and that you know everything better than everyone. Asking for exemple to get back to v3 inflexible, while even without using formula, it was the main reason GWF were so op (bug like oar passing behing shield may be an bug that help but shield only concern GF and maybe TR immun). but also you not only ask that but also to up base defense too and all that while gwf got from V3 to v4 a big buff on the RUN (CC imun +30% DR while running and something that run barr work twice time than in v3).

And 5 saying that GWF must also be the best AOE mainly is not both were it should be neither by dev and neither with the logic of a class wth a sword were your range and aoe are mainly the lengh of the sword. that why gwf power are mainly low area or single target.

I haven't check the whole detail but honestly just from PVP part, the today's 10 p of classment are really equilibrate with all class represented and no real big domination from one class (far from the 100 HR,110 GWF, 32 TR, 6 CW,1 DC, 1 GF of V3 mod).

How ever look like for me pointless in your CASE
    edited November 2014
    sygfried94 wrote: »
    And 5 saying that GWF must also be the best AOE mainly is not both were it should be neither by dev and neither with the logic of a class wth a sword were your range and aoe are mainly the lengh of the sword. that why gwf power are mainly low area or single target.

no ...

exchanging "range for radius," gwf have a perfect example of burst aoe in its second Atwill with a sword movement. reaping strike.

and CGI has the ability to "pull" enemies (you know, intimidation). not counting Dailys. all this should be 100% integrated (this is the problem).

what happened to the gwf is that the "rework" was overbuff feets without taking care of the base class and the synergy between these two poles (for better or worse) even after radically change the "gameplay" of this game.

this actual limitation dont have absolutely nothing to do with a "size of the sword" (my god). gwf need have the "best" - in line to the best - aoe (x5) and a "ok" single target (inferior to the rogue) to justify your actual defensive nerfs and have a good spot.
  • sygfried94sygfried94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    zacazu wrote: »
    no ...

exchanging "range for radius," gwf have a perfect example of burst aoe in its second Atwill with a sword movement. reaping strike.

and CGI has the ability to "pull" enemies (you know, intimidation). not counting Dailys. all this should be 100% integrated (this is the problem).

what happened to the gwf is that the "rework" was overbuff feets without taking care of the base class and the synergy between these two poles (for better or worse) even after radically change the "gameplay" of this game.

this actual limitation dont have absolutely nothing to do with a "size of the sword" (my god). gwf need have the "best" - in line to the best - aoe (x5) and a "ok" single target (inferior to the rogue) to justify your actual defensive nerfs and have a good spot.

dear zacazu, my point with the sword was more from logical point rather than game point.

for the supposed best AOE of the game. where should they be the best. in area or number of target, in pure damage but with lower number and area
    I'll be honest here by saw what appened to CW on the past. the main problem here is dev apply a good ratio around 1.6 between individual and aoe damage. that mean GWF will also by far become the strongest individual stiker while having the potentiel of a really high defense with sentinel path. so the only two point dev will come to avoid too much unbalance will be with a stack system or an overtime system and for many and me included the stack system does not feet for gwf especialy on destroyer path.

For me, the only problem on GWF is not on pvp (like all build and class, the pve and pvp are different and canno't overperform in both + already can perform quite well, just need to check the classment), is the PVE part when mob strike too hard and gwf need to goes away. PS i know that very well that mainly what appens also to CW when you loose control until you are dead. FOR me the first and most important thing to do without risking breaking some equilibrate and get hammered with the nerf hammer, is mainly to give more life steal on GWF when using some dedicate PVE power like the captsone of destroyer provide also a % more of life stealt
    edited November 2014
    sygfried94 wrote: »
    I'll be honest here by saw what appened to CW on the past. the main problem here is dev apply a good ratio around 1.6 between individual and aoe damage. that mean GWF will also by far become the strongest individual stiker while having the potentiel of a really high defense with sentinel path.

again, not really.

see not so fast. Nsf is an encounter with +/- 2k of base damage and lose damage for every target hit after the first (any <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like that). So nsf vs 5 = less than 10k damage.

If you do the opposite, nsf increases damage by 10% per target, the base, x5, will be 3k (?) and a total of 15k or ... i dont know. This will create a super striker sentinel? No. but if you like this encounter, now you will be more competitive in aoe scenario. destroyer and instigators will hit "hard" in aoe scenarios.

Another point is radius. The range/radius of reaping strike can hit the 4 dummies of vt area. Nsf is basically the same movement. only hit 3. up this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. breaking game? sentinel will be a super strike? no. but will have more "guarantees" to hit 5 targets.

The current destroyer, to build fast/ maintain the stacks need a aoe scenario. But he himself does not have a big aoe, being restricted to single target. that is the FIRST problem. fix that and, if after that destroyer still need a internal buff, ok.

another point is: gwf is not an aoe / defender the kind that has its maximum performance even moving from one point to another (coi> Teleport> icy terrain> teleport> steal time> teleport). you dont put a trap and run. This is already a limitation. I really dont think that fits comparisons with the old or new cw.
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    1) please format comments properly

2) refrain from ad hominem attacks

3) As a CW who soloed CN, it is stupid hard and a ton of work, not for the light hearted! I also have excellent gear, excellent pets, and thousands of hours of practice, so I better be good at it -_-
    edited November 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    1) please format comments properly

2) refrain from ad hominem attacks

3) As a CW who soloed CN, it is stupid hard and a ton of work, not for the light hearted! I also have excellent gear, excellent pets, and thousands of hours of practice, so I better be good at it -_-

ypu exactly, and completly on the opposite side of the TR that was able to do wher ethe most difficult part was to stay invisible (and the tyrannoil that was able toland some attack ).
    The main problem of most of gwf comment who come with argument like it should be the best every where, i want the overpowered V3 gwf back with even more power etc..
    ZAcazu at least on this point come with some argument that are not class compare and more class mechanism survivability, Even if he can be hard headed some time, he is a speakable guy's . the main biggest problem with gwf (i would say warrior more generally in DD) is his lack of variability (VS wizard for exemple). SO to speak if you have the build and equipment high enough to pass a point or a fight there won't be any difficulty on it with GWF while on the same fight a CW can die on it. (if it would be a run let say when a GWF run in 10 second + -0.1 while a CW will run 10.2 second + -2). SO whit those mechanism if you up too much the GWF for exemple to be able to do what a low couple of CW can do on some time. the main problem will become that lot of them will be able to do it easely .

(for exemple just taking one case just to explain it: you are fighting a mob that is doing 60K damage at once every 10 second. A CW will be killed in one shot unless he dodge what ever his gs is since he is unable to make a build able to handle this damage lvl, on opposite even a 1 k cw that always succed his dodge will be able to win (only a matter of time). The gwf on an other hand unless he can both take the damage without dying and gain enough hp back with the 10 second he won't be able to pass, but once he have enough lvl he will never die from it. (ps it an exemple to explain so no need to come with shield)

That mainly why allowing GWF to get too high will mainly lead to that and will unbalance too much.

how ever i agree that destoyer part still need some surviving help mechanism to be slighly increase on pve
    edited November 2014
    what you insists to dont understand (which is why I'm "hard headed" and others do not have patience to discuss) is: destroyers can not "off tank" a crowd as before and do not have the old utility.

he is no longer a hybrid "offensive / defensive / utility" like cw. the class lost utility with changes in m3, and now tank. where is the damage to compensate?

a 'cw pve "dies with" one strike "(stereotype). gwf, 3 (dragons can one shot my destro. 41% resistance). But my damage (perhaps the worst among dps now) is stuck in the part to a class feature of 3 secs. if I stop hitting the opponent for 3 secs, I lose damage bonus. 38.5% (that much... this is not a good thing.).

the problem is, these are not an additional 38.5 bonus on a solid dps. is what makes a bad dps, an average dps. compare with a cw. you wait x seconds and has 100% critical chance. I need 5 stacks of 3 seconds for 10%.

* but the biggest problem is: I just reinstall the game to test something. The damage of my destroyer looks smaller than it was before and the animation slower. how is this possible?

The Person in charge will not be fired?

the question is: if it is to have tradeoff, give tradeoof. if it is to be re-hybrid, ok, improve my defense / utility. which I admit is not the indifference of a combat designer obviously incompetent and players who do not understand much of the class giving guess.

I challenge the gentlemancruch to make a "one hour" with a gwf using reaping strike.
    edited November 2014
    what you insists to dont understand (which is why I'm "hard headed" and others do not have patience to discuss) is: destroyers can not "off tank" a crowd as before and do not have the old utility.

it was a compliment i was saying. I prefer you defends your point with solid argument even if i'm not agree with. Than some other guys that mainly is i want a god character, you are stupid because you are not agree

* but the biggest problem is: I just reinstall the game to test something. The damage of my destroyer looks smaller than it was before and the animation slower. how is this possible?

The Person in charge will not be fired?

the question is: if it is to have tradeoff, give tradeoof. if it is to be re-hybrid, ok, improve my defense / utility. which I admit is not the indifference of a combat designer obviously incompetent and players who do not understand much of the class giving guess.

I challenge the gentlemancruch to make a "one hour" with a gwf using reaping strike.

for the anim cast i do not like it and that what ever the class involve, so i completly agree on this, playing a game where you pass time wiating effect is not fun, what ever the class involve, else let put a hold button to choose your power a put a round battle like it is in paper.

for the last two sentence honestly do not expect something with this kind of return. The lvl to up or down it is much shorter than it looks (mainly because impact can goes sometime very high). If you want to make some real comparistion here a test yo ucan do with some of your teamate to determine how <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> hor not is your gwf. (do it with most class) each one do some part game solo with determine GS (not that hard to put out some equip to get lower gs ), determine for each class which equip lvl is required to not have the too hard part. if you get the result that for doing same points GWF systematicly require 30% more GS, you get your unbalance. Then once it put on paper you can see mainly which damage lvl or defense you should add to make it balance (30% for exemple give around 10% more damage).

By doing real test and compare you will get much more attention from dev but also you may find some thing that you were thinking true that are false or revert but also confirm eventually the exact lvl you should work on.

the other point is a class rebuild but there is not more a balance matter, it mean you want new mechanism and it not a cry to do but a rethink because maybe you will like some but some other won't like it
  • jarecstephjarecsteph Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My speech will be short- TRs ( and DCs by the way) need nerf in pvp and person or people responsible for actually changes should be dismissed from job.
    From module to module thing are getting worsed, now with these DCs and especialy TRs normal pvp domination is simply impossible to do. Please start to test thing before you release it on live and mess game more and more.

Exacly what I'm thinking.

I am a 22k gear score CW, I’ve played thousands of 1 x 1 PVP, open world and domination. I posted a month ago the suggestion of cutting 50% to our spell casting time (activation time) because it cripple us down for PVP and serve no purpose in PVE. Module 5 gave us 40% reduction on some spells and it's great. Now developers can you complete those changes by cutting the activation time of Conduit of Ice 50%. Can you also make Steal Time and Sudden Storm usable in PVP buy cutting 50% of the activation time of Steal Time and make the Slowing Time working on all class without any immunity, so the activation time will slow everyone for around 1.5 sec (not a big deal) and make this spell able to interrupted TR Stealth and immunities (so TR will have to use knowledge and good play by using there encounters to compensate instead of always disappearing and strike while immune, stealth or stunning without us having no way to fight). Can you reduce Sudden Storm activation time by 60% and the resulting Bolt of lightning strike to be done 50% quicker so we will be able to use that spell in PVP?
    For last I think that CW Stamina (stamina bar) should go up 20 to 30% faster so we will be more able to fight against charging GW and HR.
    And my final thought is that Tr DPS is way too high for PVP considering of all the stealth, immunities, stuns… While in PVP TR Lashing Blade deals 39K damage even coming from a 13k TR (an encounter that deals more damage than my Ice Knive daily, hello!!!! and on top of that coming out of stealth) it should be cut down by 70% (it's an encounter not a daily), Bloodbath, Impact Shot, Whirlwing Blade… DPS should be cut down by 35% at least and Dazing Strike daze time reduced to 50%. Since module 5, even a 12k stealth can rule over other class (got one 12k TR killing me this morning with a 30.6k critical strike using Bloodbath and a 18k took me 18k with 2 shots of Whirlwing Blade that is supposed to be DEALING MINOR DAMAGE hello!!! ) and 19k and higher TR are killing everyone in Domination even 3 to 4 on 1 or doing a lot of damages to everyone and run away before getting kill for returning (more then often taking the pots insted of other players because they run so fast to it)full health a couple seconds later (that’s crazy unbalance PVP non sense).
    Like I’ve posted before it won’t change or add any PVE balance but it would improve PVP feel and balance to a certain satisfaction over the frustrations of being constantly interrupted while were trying to play. That change can be done very easily and I think will resolve a lot of the obvious PVP unbalance against CW and I’m sure will have a good impact on our appreciation of the game instead of being frustrating most of the time.
    edited November 2014
    you do not understand the last post, but we will return

1 - about balance: destroyers are defensively inferior. is a fact.

when I say "destroyers need to do x% more damage than the cw" iam not speak in comparison with cw itself (no more) because currently the "Pure dps" has naturally more damage than the "hybrid" or "defender". this is good despite the game's damage being out of control.

what is relevant here is: how much damage the destroyer need to have versus what the healthy way to do get this. for example, this change I said in not so fast. you would have a varied performance in a dungeon aoe / a dungeon single target and pvp. and as shown, the difference for a sentinel would be really negligible.

now

2 -

gwf is not destroyed or weak only in a comparative sense. My damage seens smaller. The animation of the "final hit" of sure strike seemed a ibs. the previous sprint still broken. what happened? the gameplay are a mess! I do not see how I could have fun with the gwf now. why the designer of a game x will take away a fun to play your game? I already think stupid people "conspiring" against "My fun" proposing nerfs (and iam a little emotive about that...). now the game programmer sabotage your own product? what is the point?
  • demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    better pray, because GWF and GF classes (the ones which will get the next rework almost for sure) will make the Earth shake on Mod 6.

guardians kinda already did it with supremacy of steel + glyphs. or at least my screen xD
    edited November 2014
    I'll illustrate a point here (balance): When was the change of the mark (m4) and changes in gf, I was in the preview test a gwf I always wanted:
    http://youtu.be/UTVLV0Zu-VE
    potential: mark increases the damage of party / combat advantage, 35% of my damage with the right feet. Slam / wicked strike reduces enemy damage. Bf "increases" the damage the party. Slow with the slam and the aoe burst with ibs. Oh, and the steel to blitz, parallel to the cw, increase my dps.

Basically: the idea was sacrifice my single target for aoe / and be off tank for the gf and increasing something the party damage. as you can see, the "gwf aoe" need "tank". This is a low level dungeon, but in fact I would have a lot of trouble in red zones, so I depend entirely on my damage / defense / assistance of the party not to die fast. Ok?

Problems: cap slam. 5. Do not critical. Cap ds, 5> With the increase of general damage the game, enemies, marked or not, die before I myself enjoy the powerfull challange. Bf does not increase the damage of steel blitz / daily and as Atwill loses damage per target / unstoppable, so the bonus is fully mitigated and only 1/4 of the bonus goes to the party (5%). Steel blitz has an ok rating only against 23985935893 enemies (no chance in a epic dungeon) ...
    And my main source of damage, wicked strike, has low radius. If you think that would be an instigator nice choice ... think again.

Healthy solutions: improve bf for party / include general damages. increased cap slam + critical. Increased ds cap. Wicked strike have better radius / don’t lose damager per targets. Improve by 10% the procr steel bliz per target (which I suggested BEFORE cw receive buff). None of this would have done the gwf a god. But for me would have been a very nice module.
    Anyway, instead to FIRST solving basic problems of gwf, the dev…

222_zps187fcd98.jpg~original
  • xnewyorkhardcorexnewyorkhardcore Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    karakla1 wrote: »
    If you choose a class because it only seems more powerful as other classes instead to play it because it is fun i pitty all of you.

I like this. I have a 14k TR and a 16.5k DC that could probably own in PVP, but I never play them for the fun of of my 19k GWF that gets wrecked every game (usually by 10k TRs or 13k DCs)! XD
    edited November 2014
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    Just love the fact that people are still crying about CW's in pvp, we had like 3 weeks at the beginning of mod 4 where we were stupidly OP(even most CW's agreed on that, except the trolls) then we got nerfed and after a while the red dragon glyph thingy started, which wasnt a CW thing it just worked together well with dot damage, after they fixed the glyphs cw's are back to being punching bags...

Havent tried PvP in mod 5 yet, but all the good CW's agree that we are one of the worst PvP classes atm...

I don't know if CWs are one of the worst, but since MOD5 CWs are the last thing I'm thinking about in PVP. Only complaint, ever, about CWs was super tanky CWs. (That just doesn't make sense.) But I don't see many OPd CWs in PVP these days. I'll agree to that. Not much of an issue.
    edited November 2014
    doomltd wrote: »
    No one has fun in PvP right now except TR. Do you really think that's okay?

lol - I think the DCs are have a good time too. XD
  • commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    No one (at least, not me) said that soloing CN is easy, but that CW-class can do it which, IMO, is bad.

No point in soloing CN with this prices to get a lousy drop!
    Not worth the 1-1,5 hour run and the gear respec and 20-30 try before it!
  • jarecstephjarecsteph Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm a 23k gear score PVP build CW with 41k HP and I just been killed in a couple of seconds by a 12k stealth TR. He throw out of stealth a Dazing Strike and daze me for 5 second, then at the 4 second before the end of the dazzling effect he use smoke bomb to daze me again and all this while being slash down 30k, then I was able to cast one spell before oops he disappeared for around 5 sec and then returned and throw out of stealth Dazing Strike again and daze me for another 5 second, then at the 4 second before the end of the dazzling effect he use smoke bomb again finishing what was left of my 42k HP and killed me. He even charged me all the time as if nothing could happen to him. How come there is no timer on the ability to use dazing more the once on the same player like CW have on freezing???? So for Neverwinter team of developers go fuc.. yourself. For me it's a matter of a couple of days before I quite your ridiculous game...