test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TR gets same dps as CW so why is the only class getting nerfed TR?

zephyrpillar1zephyrpillar1 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PvE Discussion
I have what some would call an 'OP' tr build since mod 5. I have run many dungeon's and i have noticed that i get the same dps as an 'OP' cw. So could somebody explain to me why the SoD is getting nerfed? I think the TR is right where it should be.
Post edited by zephyrpillar1 on

Comments

• Options
    yokanaanyokanaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Short answer - because forums are dominated by CW players if you haven't noticed. They are very skilled in convincing people that their class needs some serious buffing.

TR should deal the best possible damage against single targets, CW should deal more damage in AoE. So when you clear a dungeon CW should top TR in dmg done but when you fight a boss TR should quickly catch up. When both worlds collide their dps should be comparable cause boss is a huge hp pinata.

That said both classes are broken - TR is dealing crazy damage right now even with lower gearscore so as you couldn't beat CW in dmg before mod 5.
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have what some would call an 'OP' tr build since mod 5. I have run many dungeon's and i have noticed that i get the same dps as an 'OP' cw. So could somebody explain to me why the SoD is getting nerfed? I think the TR is right where it should be.

TR attacks single target only. CW attacks many targets at once.
    Do you see the problem in your comparison?
    Also CW wear clothes, you wear armor, CWs move much slower, can't hide, take argo and ALL mobs set them as primary target ... you hide and strike from behind, then hide again.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    mmm1001 wrote: »
    you hide and strike from behind, then hide again.

thats not entirely true actually.. There are people who exploit the build, i for this particular module are one of them. It happens with every class, perma HR + ss CW just to name 2. But generally its not all about hiding for a TR, up until this module it was more about dodging. They are made of glass just like a CW is, and dont pull as much agro because we arent so overpowered. CW could dodge a hell of a lot more before this mod too. And we didnt have the dps. Do you see the problem in your comparison?
  • Options
    hoofithoofit Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think maybe because in pvp some trs are almost 1 hitting gfs with 40k and 5000+ defence 2000+ deflect and are 1 hitting Cws Warlocks ect may be a small problem and there not of that high in gear score.
    I don't know many Cw's that can almost 1 shot a 40k with 5000+defence and 2000+deflect or for that matter 1 shot another CW.
    This is only a guess but from what I've read here on the forum it may be why.
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Don't get me wrong, I play with all classes. Playing with TR has 1 main disadvantage which i don't like - it is that you have to kill targets 1 by 1. In every other aspect it is as fun as CW and other classes, no matter what DPS is.
  • Options
    tearsoffeartearsoffear Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Because PvP.

And because no one is interested in balacing out PvE vs. PvP. Tenacity, which should have been used to better balance PvE vs. PvP is a failure or too complicated for the new developers.
    This leads to TR being crippled because of PvP, where their opponent has only 30k-50k HP, but it leads to boring TR game play in dungeons against mobs with millions of HP. It is OK to not 1-shoot an appropriate PvP opponent, but no one who is allowed to enter the city of Neverwinter should care about Hrinmir. So a big ++ in single target damage for PvE would be very good and reasonable, but you won't see that because of PvP.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Because PvP.

And because no one is interested in balacing out PvE vs. PvP. Tenacity, which should have been used to better balance PvE cs. PvP is a failure or too complicated for the new developers.
    This leads to TR being crippled because of PvP where their opponent has only 30k-50k HP, but it leads to boring TR game play in dungeons against mobs will millions of HP. It is OK to not 1-shoot an appropriate PvP opponent, but no one who is allowed to enter the city of Neverwinter should care about Hrinmir. So a big ++ in single target damage for PvE would be very good and reasonable, but you won't see that because of PvP.

EXACTLY so either pvp has to suck it up or TR is doomed.. my vote DOES NOT go to the latter.. I think people in pvp should just suck it up, its not like we are seriously overpowered there anyway, yes its easy kills but we are still glassy
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's no nerf.
    The Feat was bugged. It should only applied one time. Even if it's fixed the Executioneer TR will deal a good amount of damage.
    Most of the "new" Executioneer TRs didn't understand this feat anyway. I was in PvP and several of them where trying to stack it up like hell. Sometimes i had 4-14 Stacks upon my character but didn't die because the TRs stopped attacking me assuming some stacks are enough to kill me, but it is the basic damage you deal that kills you which only is multiply by shadow of demise. Which means if i get 14 stacks of shadow of demise but the TR dealt only like 500 damage (most used plague fire to build it up) i get 7.000 which is huge after 6 seconds but doesn't kill me and the most Exe TRs had this behaviour to run alone in the enemy group and was killed anyway.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    yokanaan wrote: »
    Short answer - because forums are dominated by CW players if you haven't noticed.
    This^

I am counting days till the situation will turn into a "crowd of peasants with pitchforks and torches running for the witches", where witches are CWs and peasants are all the other classes.

"Hm, It seems I got another character free slot! What class should I roll for it? Aha, I know what! My 7th CW!"
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    If you choose a class because it only seems more powerfull as other classes instead to play it because it is fun i pitty all of you.
    plat.png
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Tr one shot CW/SW/TR/HR is not op, if tr can one shot GF while he shield up, than it is op.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same DPS? Are you kidding me?

PvP: A mediocre TR with the right build can farm triple kills against ppl with 5k more GS.

PvE: I did HE dragons with my 20k GWF and my 18,6k CW. Sometimes we did them in a 5 ppl party. Guess what happens, when a TR comes around. You fight a dragon for a few minutes, he attacks, dragon dies in seconds, not one single person, but TR has a chance of great success. Same dps, he does more dmg, than a full party, stacked with ppl who farmed CN before artefact weapons etc. Even a friend of mine with a PvE GWF 21k GS 12k+ power 3 leg artefacts, 3 leg. equip has no chance to do enough dmg for great success, if one decent TR fights the dragon.

Get real, even GWF or CW in their best times could not do a fracture of TR dmg. If you are playing a decent PvE TR and you are doing the same dps as a CW you are doing something wrong atm.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Is OP being serious? Lol at this thread
  • Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Yeah just did Elol with 2 tr, they burned Down lostmauth in less than 5 seconds(he didnt even get a chance to fly away halfway) not OP at all:
    image.jpg
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    fastrean3 wrote: »
    Tr one shot CW/SW/TR/HR is not op, if tr can one shot GF while he shield up, than it is op.
    hoofit wrote: »
    I think maybe because in pvp some trs are almost 1 hitting gfs with 40k and 5000+ defence 2000+ deflect and are 1 hitting Cws Warlocks ect may be a small problem and there not of that high in gear score.
    I don't know many Cw's that can almost 1 shot a 40k with 5000+defence and 2000+deflect or for that matter 1 shot another CW.
    This is only a guess but from what I've read here on the forum it may be why.

it's because executioners get a free 25% armor pen from a tier 4 feat. basically, about 50% resistance will always be ignored by an executioner which is why anyone can be 1-shot by them.
    asterotg wrote: »
    Same DPS? Are you kidding me?

PvP: A mediocre TR with the right build can farm triple kills against ppl with 5k more GS.

Get real, even GWF or CW in their best times could not do a fracture of TR dmg. If you are playing a decent PvE TR and you are doing the same dps as a CW you are doing something wrong atm.

while i did have some serious success in pvp yesterday with my scoundrel, i can be shut-down if the enemies actually knew how to work together.

also, my scoundrel is on-par or a bit better than wizards at dealing damage now due to the damage buffs we received for attacking cc'ed enemies (aka we benefit from your controls too :P). duelist flurry bleed is also very nice as well. well, i won't beat wizards rushing to be the 1st person to hit a group of mobs since i take time to loot nodes and pick up drops that are left behind >.>
    Also CW wear clothes, you wear armor, CWs move much slower, can't hide, take argo and ALL mobs set them as primary target ... you hide and strike from behind, then hide again.

hiding in stealth is just 1 style of play although it is superior. those of us who visible are not exactly weaker anymore.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    it's because executioners get a free 25% armor pen from a tier 4 feat. basically, about 50% resistance will always be ignored by an executioner which is why anyone can be 1-shot by them.

while i did have some serious success in pvp yesterday with my scoundrel, i can be shut-down if the enemies actually knew how to work together.

also, my scoundrel is on-par or a bit better than wizards at dealing damage now due to the damage buffs we received for attacking cc'ed enemies (aka we benefit from your controls too :P). duelist flurry bleed is also very nice as well. well, i won't beat wizards rushing to be the 1st person to hit a group of mobs since i take time to loot nodes and pick up drops that are left behind >.>

that is wrong. the feat onl applys while in stealth.
    plat.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    karakla1 wrote: »
    that is wrong. the feat onl applys while in stealth.

i know but executioners are all about using lashing blade from stealth with 1st strike slotted right? lashing blade only makes sense when used from stealth anyways

once stacks are fixed, the damage duplication from shadow of demise will no longer exist.
  • Options
    xd108xxd108x Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Also CW wear clothes, you wear armor, CWs move much slower, can't hide, take aggro and ALL mobs set them as primary target ... you hide and strike from behind, then hide again.

The only reason(s) why a CW would take aggro is because of the way so many play them, which is to try in charge in first and hit as much as possible for "best dps"...not a very skillful way to play imo :P The other reason would be due to lack of a class like a GF (or not a good one with u) that is there to grab aggro first and keep it on him/her.

Back on topic though, I would hope to see TRs played well overtake CWs at single target fights such as tougher enemies and bosses as I believe that was meant be to their main strength, whereas people have been saying CW focus more on area damage. Also TRs dont have that much more in the way of defence than a CW in that we can't take enemies hitting us in the face either and neither can we stand in red attacks...we need to dodge, which is part of the skill of playing a TR well.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same DPS? Some TRs are exploiting mechanics and dealing 5x a CW's damage. Not to mention, 1-shotting people in pvp or watching them survive then instantly drop dead. Has nothing to do with CW players crying.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This thread is justifying a serious bug because "ZOMG! I WANNA DO MORE DMG THAN CW!!!" That's so sad lol
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    zvieris wrote: »
    This thread is justifying a serious bug because "ZOMG! I WANNA DO MORE DMG THAN CW!!!" That's so sad lol

no rogues disagrees with it being nerfed. we just think it's silly when other things considered overpowered are largely ignored.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Same DPS? Some TRs are exploiting mechanics and dealing 5x a CW's damage. Not to mention, 1-shotting people in pvp or watching them survive then instantly drop dead. Has nothing to do with CW players crying.
    Just to be clear, there is no exploiting going on. The bugged feat is the Executioner capstone so a little ridiculous to avoid taking if you roll an Executioner. Being fixed (badly) today anyway.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I can't believe my eyes that there are people defending SoD...

This community... just lol.
  • Options
    ivcakamikazeivcakamikaze Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2014

I think that you don't understand the concept of the game. It doesn't matter what type of armor they wearing, i fought against CW who had 2600 defense and 40% deflect, i didn't even scratch him with my TR (14k gear score) in mod 4. Is that normal? I died in 3 seconds. How you will build your char depends on you. Tanky CW is the God of the battlefield, the most OP class. They nerfed TR unfairly today. So, you barking up the wrong tree.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    inb4lock.

/10char
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just to be clear, there is no exploiting going on. The bugged feat is the Executioner capstone so a little ridiculous to avoid taking if you roll an Executioner. Being fixed (badly) today anyway.

Well, if you defend the bug, sounds a lot like exploitation.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Well, if you defend the bug, sounds a lot like exploitation.

nobody outright defended it. even the op was just asking why wizards never have their dps nerfed (they have got nerfs but are usually buffed simultaneously)
  • Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just love the fact that people are still crying about CW's in pvp, we had like 3 weeks at the beginning of mod 4 where we were stupidly OP(even most CW's agreed on that, except the trolls) then we got nerfed and after a while the red dragon glyph thingy started, which wasnt a CW thing it just worked together well with dot damage, after they fixed the glyphs cw's are back to being punching bags...

Havent tried PvP in mod 5 yet, but all the good CW's agree that we are one of the worst PvP classes atm...