test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

25 man raid coming OMG

Comments

• luxarkluxark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    silverkelt wrote: »
    Raids should be ultimate end game content.

Raids should be in no game "ultimate end game content" since they are in no game really needed. But for some reason people seriously think, more players makes the game harder, even if it is just wrong.
    Remember classic-WoW Molten Core? How was that "hard"? The hardest part was to get enough people long enough online.

Also i do not remember playing D&D campaigns with 25 people.
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So all fresh lv60 join epic tiamat and get legendary stuffs.
    no more reason to do all other dungeons and tiamat becomes a trash mob, gz.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
    edited October 2014
    xgrandz02 wrote: »
    no more reason to do all other dungeons and tiamat becomes a trash mob, gz.

See it positive: you do not need to run all those boring dungeons with every new character anymore.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why is ten k too low?

BECUASE everyone can get to lvl 60 and get to 10 k gear score with only like 100k AD spent, and they are totally way underpowered.

Gear score isnt EVERYTHING, thats true, but come on, 10k is like the start of a lvl 60, its not even average . I would think average scores for people who run most DDS are at least 13k, which is why I suggested it, ITS not elite level snobbery, that's just basically people who have played their toons for 2 months have a t1 set and have done 80% of the boons and have 2 blue level artifacts w/ r6s.

Come on.
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    kalindra wrote: »
    - Did i mention too low GS?

I saw CWs in eSoT replacing their entrance-fee 13k gear with a 11k one, once they were in.
    English is not my first language.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Upping the gs requirement does nothing for challenge

It at least lowers the chance of playing with people who have no clue what they're doing. If you've ever tried pugging, you'll know that there's people doing CN and epic dread vault with pretty much the bare minimum gs and without even a full t1 set and it's like wtf.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    vortix44 wrote: »
    I saw CWs in eSoT replacing their entrance-fee 13k gear with a 11k one, once they were in.

So they got carried and you want more people to get carried in the Raid as well =P ..
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Reminds me of BI beholder during the first days of m3 realese...

or Black Ice Motherlode . . . . back when it actually dropped a lotta black ice once you completed it.
    I aim to misbehave
  • benja32gonsalesbenja32gonsales Member Posts: 236 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Ok, most ppl want to raise the GS requirement and there is also the fear that 25 ppl will cause an inmense lag...

So I suggest, GS requirement = 13.5K, and make it a 10 or 15 man dungeon.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    I know I'm a a complete idiot, but I'd suggest we try it first before we make suggestions on how to improve it.

You know the saying fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me?

We've seen this pattern with the content Cryptic is putting out. Some people are just smarter and know what's coming that is why they are giving some form of feedback this early.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You know the saying fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me?

We've seen this pattern with the content Cryptic is putting out. Some people are just smarter and know what's coming that is why they are giving some form of feedback this early.

Also, I barely believe, that there will be enough people to queue to this raid on preview to test it. So, it will go live as it is aaaand they don't fix existing content. Therefore, I think we'd better speculate and try to give suggestions before it's release.

There's also probability, that this so called 'raid' will be instanced dungeon (5 parties across 5 instances), so I won't hold my breath.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
    edited October 2014
    Why is ten k too low?

BECUASE everyone can get to lvl 60 and get to 10 k gear score with only like 100k AD spent, and they are totally way underpowered.

You do not even need to spend AD. Do some Capaigns, get Boons and a little Dread Ring Gear and here you go. Do maybe a dungeon or two and your above 10k for sure.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am looking forward to raiding in Neverwinter, but I have to say I think the GS requirement is too low. I have 17K gs on my main and I'd like to at least feel a little threatened.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • leandreav1leandreav1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Having 17k does not make you any less immortal if standing on a one shot telegraph. That only works for GFs who will put those 17k into more HP and armor and deflect and such.
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    So they got carried and you want more people to get carried in the Raid as well =P ..

You're wrong.
    English is not my first language.
  • sokolnichiysokolnichiy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Pft lol....GS is for nooooobz.

And all those so called "pro" who say "U have no 17k gs u are trash u will not walk this dungeon with us." And then u are like WUT ? I kicked your butt a couple of minutes ago in pvp and now u say u are pro and else....

So gs is for idiots, all that matters is skill, proper build and rotation + understanding the dungeon tactics.

This way gs requirement of 10k is close to reality then any other cause there are 25 men raid and it will be hard to fall in battle when u'll be healed every god darn half second by at least 2-3 clerics and 2-3 temptation warlocks.

Jesus dat raid is all we need to get things goin good and even better.
    edited October 2014
    So gs is for idiots, all that matters is skill, proper build and rotation + understanding the dungeon tactics.

Ofc 10k GS player has proper build and lots of skill to compete in PvE. /sarcasm

If a player has 10k GS, then he has no skill nor understanding of the game. 10k GS player should be restricted from high end PvE and PvP content. There's not a single reason to allow such players to participate in top tier dungeons! We already have enough starting content. Players must play some time before joining competition. Anyone can reach 12k GS after playing a week or two.

12k GS requirement MINIMUM (13k tbh).
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    If a player has 10k GS, then he has no skill nor understanding of the game. 10k GS player should be restricted from high end PvE and PvP content. There's not a single reason to allow such players to participate in top tier dungeons! We already have enough starting content. Players must play some time before joining competition. Anyone can reach 12k GS after playing a week or two.

It therefore indicates that this "raid" won't be "high end", it will be an RNG piñata, ROFLstomping for the use of. No need to get so hot under the collar about it, as it will likely be as challenging as the MoTH skirmish.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why is ten k too low?

Gear score isnt EVERYTHING, thats true, but come on, 10k is like the start of a lvl 60, its not even average . I would think average scores for people who run most DDS are at least 13k, which is why I suggested it, ITS not elite level snobbery, that's just basically people who have played their toons for 2 months have a t1 set and have done 80% of the boons and have 2 blue level artifacts w/ r6s.

Come on.
    In what parallel universe is it possible to get 80% of the boons done in a couple of months on a fresh 60? A couple of blue artifacts is doable but new players will struggle to get a full T1 set decked out in all R6 enchants within 2 months of hitting 60 also. AD isn't that plentiful any more.

Besides all this, Cryptic are not going to put the Mod-defining content behind a GS wall that will exclude too many people. This isn't a traditional end-game raid despite the name, and I very much doubt that we will ever see one. It doesn't fit the FTP/casual-friendly model being followed by NWO.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited October 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    It therefore indicates that this "raid" won't be "high end", it will be an RNG piñata, ROFLstomping for the use of. No need to get so hot under the collar about it, as it will likely be as challenging as the MoTH skirmish.

Yeah, I was just trying to defend the idea of increasing GS requirement, because even if this "raid" is epic Cloak Tower difficulty level, playing with fresh lvl 60s wearing blues is a pain.
    edited October 2014
    Ofc 10k GS player has proper build and lots of skill to compete in PvE. /sarcasm

So u confirm my words. U rage hate people with 10k gs.

I agree that it's simple to reach 12k gs or even 13k gs just get Sharandar or DR T1 and u are gtg. But i ve seen tons of people with 15+ gs and above with NO skill useing completly overrandomized encounter powers which are even in no rotation effectivenes. And then the say that others with gs lower then theirs are bunch of dumbass trashy sheeet and quit Dungeon.

And after that u'll still tell me that those who has 10k gs are no skill....pardon me, u re dang wrong judging those lads upfront.
    edited October 2014
    Btw, my 60 Characters all had about 6k GS at Level 60. You should maybe not compare it to your months old accounts with a lot of stuff transfered from other characters. There is no real way a normal leveled self-sufficient character has 10k GS at the moment he reaches level 60.

Also new players have a pretty steep curve if it comes to gear. My GF is now at around 13k GS and i would need to farm TONS of AD to actually advance somewhat fast now withhout getting myself bored to death while spending ~10 hours per day on that game.

Quite a lot of people seem to think, the situation is the same like months ago. I played Neverwinter a little at release and it was completely different if it comes to AD-Trading and prices than it is now.

And how do you know if that 10k GS player you just kicked does not have 10 other 18k GS Characters?
  • alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited October 2014
    hmm bether think if u can play the raid since the game is very very bad optimized on crowded areas will be a lag festival and just imagine 1 fact Knight valor if more then 1 GF will use that will shutdown ur pc + any other lighty effects
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    In what parallel universe is it possible to get 80% of the boons done in a couple of months on a fresh 60? A couple of blue artifacts is doable but new players will struggle to get a full T1 set decked out in all R6 enchants within 2 months of hitting 60 also. AD isn't that plentiful any more.

I'm sorry, but that's total nonsense. There is no reason why you need to struggle at all, new or seasoned.

My SW was decked out in blues and junk enchants, went straight into t2, and was in full T2 with minimal effort the day after. Shortly after, drake seals bought a passable offhand and mainhand (rather than paying the stupid AH prices for brand new warlock gear. Price of T2 set and weapons? Nothing, it was actually profitable. It's not because I'm particularly talented, others walk the same path without much effort, even on their first character, these days. We're not in beta any more, Toto.

Struggle to get a full t1 set? Possibly, but only because so many people skip T1 unless they have quests/cheevs to clear, so it can be hard to find a group.
    edited October 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    My SW was decked out in blues and junk enchants, went straight into t2, and was in full T2 with minimal effort the day after. Shortly after, drake seals bought a passable offhand and mainhand (rather than paying the stupid AH prices for brand new warlock gear. Price of T2 set and weapons? Nothing, it was actually profitable. It's not because I'm particularly talented, others walk the same path without much effort, even on their first character, these days. We're not in beta any more, Toto.

There is no way to get the a whole T2-Gear withhout AD in a day withhout luck and if you do not get rushed through the dungeons by a well geared party.
    edited October 2014
    luxark wrote: »
    There is no way to get the a whole T2-Gear withhout AD in a day withhout luck and if you do not get rushed through the dungeons by a well geared party.

But there is )) Proces for DD key are equal to amount of AD you can refine after opening any t2 chest sfter boss.
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited October 2014

it's really depressing that people think this way

"10k gs = no skill/no understanding" what the fug?

that is a completely false association
    edited October 2014
    But there is )) Proces for DD key are equal to amount of AD you can refine after opening any t2 chest sfter boss.

Even then just think about it. Say you need about ~30 Minutes per Dungeon, because your not getting rushed, and also only need-runs. This would take you at least 4 or 5 hours. Also there is waiting time for dungeon entry depending on the class, so make it 6 to 7 hours. I assure you, average playing time is a lot lower.
    And iam not even counting stuff like leavers, wipes and waiting times inside the actual dungeon in.
    edited October 2014
    luxark wrote: »

"Without luck", what a delightfully meaningless body-swerve. Yes, sometimes you need to repeat yourself (for some reason, it always seem to be Karrundax, sigh), but no-one owes you the item you want first time. However, it's really not hard. GS inflation means that your average group steamrolls through T2 these days, it's harder to find one that can't.
  • criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    more lagging bosses with 0.0001% chance for drops for guardian fighters with low damage ?
    seriously ?...i'm not interested
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon