test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Artifact Equipment

graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
Greetings, fellow denizens of Neverwinter. I am Ken ‘Graalx3’ Burd and this is the latest information on artifact equipment in Module 5: Rise of Tiamat.

Off-hand artifact equipment
This is a new type of artifact equipment. Each off-hand item will come with a bonus to one of your class’ Class Feature powers, such as Destroyer for Great Weapon Fighters or Holy Fervor for Devoted Clerics. Instead of requiring a different off-hand artifact for each Class Feature, we have implemented a method for you to acquire more choices of Class Feature bonus on the same item.

Manage Artifact Powers
There is a new item in the menu when you right-click on one of these items: Manage Artifact Powers. This will open up a new window which allows you to acquire new class features or to change the one currently slotted in your off-hand artifact. It will require a Cube of Augmentation, an item available in the Wondrous Bazaar, to gain new Class Features. Switching the Class Feature currently slotted in your off-hand artifact will only cost Astral Diamonds.

In addition to the Class Feature, all off-hand artifacts also gain a new stat when they reach Epic Quality. This stat will be selected from the set of stats used by Artifacts when they reach Epic and Legendary quality. This includes things like Combat Advantage Bonus and Stamina Regeneration. Like Class Features, you can gain new stat choices by consuming a Cube of Augmentation. In addition to gaining different stat choices, you can also attempt to increase the value of those stats, also at the cost of a Cube of Augmentation. Stats start at 100 and can go up to 400. The stat value will never decrease.

In addition to these new features, your off-hand artifact equipment will form a set with any of the main hand artifact equipment weapons and implements that you can equip. This set will give +250 to two appropriate stats for your class.

Artifact Equipment Sets
There are new artifact equipment sets with a set bonus themed to the artifact that leads the set. Each of the artifact sets includes an existing artifact, a new artifact cloak, and a new artifact belt.

We are introducing artifact cloaks, wearable in the neck slot. These artifact cloaks have either a bonus to Armor Class or cause you to gain Action Points every 3 seconds you are in combat. Both of these abilities will increase in power as the cloak increases in quality.

The new artifact belts that are part of these sets give bonuses to two base attributes instead of one, although each individual attribute will have a smaller value than the other artifact belts.

New Artifact main-hand weapons and implements
Two new main-hand artifacts are now available to each class. Each of these artifacts provides a bonus to one of the two Paragon Path at-will powers not covered in the last update. These artifacts have been added to the Dragon Artifact Chest acquired through the Tyranny of Dragons campaign. The Dragon Artifact Chest will give you a Shard of Dragon-Forged Steel as well as a random main-hand artifact. Collect enough of the Shards and you will be able to purchase a main-hand artifact of your choice.

We understand that this is just the bare information and we are working on a way to get these items into your hands for testing. Look for an announcement in this thread when a vendor for these items is available. Until then we are looking forward to any feedback that you have.
Post edited by graalx3 on

Comments

• Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    will you make it easier to gain refinement and improve refining process ? i spent a ton of time farming refinement for my 1 weapon, each of these items require 4.6mil refinement(more than 20mil refinement total), my hand hurt for an 2 hours after i leveled my weapon from epic to legendary(and half the points were lesser resonance not some pearls or peridots).

now you can only either bot/support bots or farm foundry(really boring) to get refinment, and i bet some 80% of refinement points is farmed by bots

its much nicer earning good gear in a hard dungeon instead of farming ah for refinement, then causing damage to your arm refining it

also the previous artifacts have stupidly low chance to drop, they dont reward skill or dedication beating hard content they just show how lucky u are, if you repeat this in mod5 you will either see torches and pitchforks or empty servers, i know many ppl who are really angry because of this failed design

we already have 3 artifacts, weapon and belt to refine, its just too much
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    graalx3 wrote: »
    New Artifact main-hand weapons and implements
    Two new main-hand artifacts are now available to each class. Each of these artifacts provides a bonus to one of the two Paragon Path at-will powers not covered in the last update. These artifacts have been added to the Dragon Artifact Chest acquired through the Tyranny of Dragons campaign. The Dragon Artifact Chest will give you a Shard of Dragon-Forged Steel as well as a random main-hand artifact. Collect enough of the Shards and you will be able to purchase a main-hand artifact of your choice.

So those of us who have already racked up multiple failed attempts at getting a weapon we wanted are even more hooped than we were before? Lovely. I'm the not-so-proud owner of 7 daggers for powers I don't use on that character. And I'd probably have preferred his paragon at-will in the first place.

I do appreciate the option to eventually buy a weapon though. I'm just unspeakably annoyed that this mechanic wasn't included originally.

Adding the paragon weapons now introduces an additional aggravation factor because there are people who've already ranked up a weapon for a non-preferred skill because the one they would have really wanted didn't exist and they had no reason to believe it would, since putting paragon powers on RNG weapons means there's now even a chance of getting a weapon that your character cannot properly use at all. So it's nice that they exist, but it's not so nice to add them now.

I hope that the shards will be at least account-bound if they are not tradeable, because this RNG is absolutely brutal on people with multiple played characters. It helps a bit if we can consolidate things from the lucky ones to help out the unlucky ones. Very curious how many failures are required before you can buy the one you want. 5? 10? 20? Please keep it reasonable. Even with 3 random options it was possible to fail many times in a row. If 5 shards are needed to trade and there are 5 available random weapons, that means the player has absolutely started to get repeats without getting the weapon they want, so requiring anything more than that would strike me as unfair.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wow, more random. This time being completely random stats. I'm sure the community will be thrilled.
  • Options
    ethandwethandw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The ability to reroll the stats of an artifact are great if in stats you also refer to utility like combat advantage.
    It also brings to life artifacts that some neglected, like lantern, that has amazing debuffing, but is often overlooked because of the sphere of annihilation (that also has power on it).

What I do not like is the new artifact set - You did it well with the weapon having the off hand compatiable with it for the set bonus.
    However, what about all of us who worked hard to level up a belt that may now be obsolete?

We need to test which is stronger: 4% damage boost (int belt for cw, con for sw and so on..) or 25% weapon damage every who knows how much time and for how long.
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited October 2014
    I regards to getting the Dragon-Shard Forged Steel from the Artifact Weapon package. I HIGHLY recommend that it be THREE shards that one has to gather. Gather the components for the Campaign task is daunting to say the least. But having to endure several failures between getting the designed Artifact weapon is extremely frustrating. I tell you that from person knowledge as it took me 6 tries to get the Weapon I wanted. I very nearly gave up on it after the 5th failure.

Personally if I had to endure trying it with 5 weapons in the pool w/o the Shards I would not have even bothered. The risk factor with a pool that size compared amount of effort to get a good result just too much. I acknowledge you have to weight marketing factors in this, but with putting the Shard count to 5 or 6 I thing most players would forgo even trying.

And for player like me that have gotten many undesired weapons, I think it befitting if players could turn in the weapons if they still have them for a Shard of Dragon-Forged Steel. It would allow players to benfit from the Shards who had bad luck before Module 5 is reelased.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ethandw wrote: »
    The ability to reroll the stats of an artifact are great if in stats you also refer to utility like combat advantage.
    It also brings to life artifacts that some neglected, like lantern, that has amazing debuffing, but is often overlooked because of the sphere of annihilation (that also has power on it).

Nothing has been stated about changing stats on an artifact, only on the new artifact off-hands. Don't get excited.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    More randomness, more RNG, more stuff to level up while endgame content isn't rewarding enough to level it up properly... Don't get me wrong I'm sure you've put a lot of work into it, but this is getting tiresome. How am I supposed to level these things up when I get less than one peridot per dungeon run with two dragon hoard enchantments equipped? Am I supposed to farm mobs farm foundries like a bot? Is that what neverwinter is about now?
  • Options
    ethandwethandw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah I saw that now.
    Unfortunately I didn't get the time to test before the preview shard was shut down.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I really hope RP gems are going to begin dropping like confetti because if not then this is going to make keeping competitive for non spenders nigh on impossible .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    wait, does that means that i am going to need another 4.5M x2 RP in mod 5? nope, not going to happen
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • Options
    hadukhanhadukhan Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I really hope RP gems are going to begin dropping like confetti because if not then this is going to make keeping competitive for non spenders nigh on impossible even if there is some guaranteed way to get the items , if they are 99% lockbox 1% game drops again like the current artifact belts are then I see this going very badly for the community long term.

i agree

please if more artifacts are added then increase the rate at which we can gain research points or the player gap will be even larger. as it stands the amount you need to upgrade your gear is depressing.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Here's a really crazy idea...stick with me though.

How about you have two different methods towards leveling up Artifacts.

Stones and Equipment. Grind all you want, toss them in until your fingers are sore.

OR

Make Artifact Equipment gain experience as you kill stuff with them. And make it take longer the more Artifact Equipment you're wearing. Say 50% of the experience you earn while wearing a piece of Artifact Equipment goes directly to that Artifact (in some ratio if you don't want it to be 1:1). For every other Artifact Equipment you're wearing, the experience gets split. If you have a weapon and belt, each get 25%. If you have a weapon, belt and neck, each get 33%, etc. Thus someone "lucky" enough to have multiple slots gains levels a bit slower, while someone who just has one gets to see it level a little faster.

That way people can "build affinity" with their Artifact Equipment by just playing the game...doing PvP, dungeons, open-world or whatever. Then at least it doesn't feel like such a grind.

Especially if you're going to introduce more and varied sets of Artifact Equipment. Leveling up my first weapon to Legendary during the double RP weekend was painful enough. The thought of having to do that again for another weapon, or other pieces of equipment honestly makes me a little queasy...
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    slintashslintash Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »

Stones and Equipment. Grind all you want, toss them in until your fingers are sore.

OR

Make Artifact Equipment gain experience as you kill stuff with them. And make it take longer the more Artifact Equipment you're wearing. Say 50% of the experience you earn while wearing a piece of Artifact Equipment goes directly to that Artifact (in some ratio if you don't want it to be 1:1). For every other Artifact Equipment you're wearing, the experience gets split. If you have a weapon and belt, each get 25%. If you have a weapon, belt and neck, each get 33%, etc. Thus someone "lucky" enough to have multiple slots gains levels a bit slower, while someone who just has one gets to see it level a little faster.

That way people can "build affinity" with their Artifact Equipment by just playing the game...doing PvP, dungeons, open-world or whatever. Then at least it doesn't feel like such a grind.

Especially if you're going to introduce more and varied sets of Artifact Equipment. Leveling up my first weapon to Legendary during the double RP weekend was painful enough. The thought of having to do that again for another weapon, or other pieces of equipment honestly makes me a little queasy...

I definitely like the level up idea, it would at least reward people for actually playing the game instead of sitting in a foundary all day, which many have done by the way.

Also, at the current 50% EXP for one artifact it would take 36 level ups to completely max just one artifact weapon (If that weapon is the only one gaining EXP this way). Don't know if that would be considered too low or too high, but it has got to be better than waiting on bots, or yourself, to sit and farm a mob horde over and over again.
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited October 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »

OR

I like you second suggestion very much. it's much more attractive then the current methods
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think having equipment that empowers certain class skills and features is awesome. I love the idea of the Artifact Gear and set bonuses. It gives players a really cool avenue to customize their character and build.

But let me emphasize this with all my heart.

The current method of gaining points in Artifact Equipment is simply NOT FUN.

Please consider another avenue, like my idea to add experience gained to Artifacts, in order to level up this equipment.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The new artifact sets are very restrictive, i.e the best belt for GWF would be Imperial Waistband of Honor with +3 STR and +2 DEX but then if I want to activate the set bonus I have to use the Rod of Imperial Restraint that gives Recovery/Life Steal/Control Bonus, stats that a GWF doesn't need, control bonus?? We don't control anything :/ so I have to give up other good bonuses in other artifacts if I want to enjoy this new items. For a CW is so easy, Black Ice Beholder set: belt +3 INT +2 WIS and the artifact Recovery/Armor Penetration/Combat Advantage, I think this is very unfair.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    vestige321vestige321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Will we be able to reroll the attribute stats attached on the belts? None of them seem catered for SWs main stat
  • Options
    vestige321vestige321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    The new artifact sets are very restrictive, i.e the best belt for GWF would be Imperial Waistband of Honor with +3 STR and +2 DEX but then if I want to activate the set bonus I have to use the Rod of Imperial Restraint that gives Recovery/Life Steal/Control Bonus, stats that a GWF doesn't need, control bonus?? We don't control anything :/ so I have to give up other good bonuses in other artifacts if I want to enjoy this new items. For a CW is so easy, Black Ice Beholder set: belt +3 INT +2 WIS and the artifact Recovery/Armor Penetration/Combat Advantage, I think this is very unfair.

This is what I was thinking too. It seems like they are ALWAYS favoring CWs. It's getting really tiresome.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I don't know if you're planning to do that or something, but if we could use artifact equipment to refine the same gear type with no bonus, just with the RPs used in the gear it would be trully amazing.

About the new stuff coming inside this topic... I'm totally okay with the off-hand artifact, but my opinion towards the artifact sets is just... no.

If I like an artifact I want to choose it freely just because of its own mechanics and stats. I really don't want to feel the need of using the other artifacts of 'that set' just because I'm using one of them.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    vestige321 wrote: »
    This is what I was thinking too. It seems like they are ALWAYS favoring CWs. It's getting really tiresome.

Because Its not like CWs havent copped a nerf every Mod either right?
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I know I shouldn't, but I'm going to give Cryptic the benefit of the doubt.

Mod 4 released the way it did because it was half finished. Mod 4 part 2 (which you label mod 5) is here to finish Mod 4. This is why:

Boon books have such steep costs in terms of time (100 sigils/secrets) or extremely ridiculous RNG on drops
    Artifact equipment can't be efficiently used to refine other artifact equipment
    The new Dungeon and Skirmish is stupid short/easy and relies solely on 1shots and lag to kill players.

That was all planned as part of a stalling tactic because Mod 4 wasn't ready yet but you had licensing obligations to get it out the door. Mod 4 Part 2 is going to rectify all of this, right?

We all know that this was a stalling tactic, you gave yourself away with the lockboxes! Every single mod has included a way for zen/lockbox players to fast track the grind with a lockbox item to speed up the campaign unlocks. You would never turn away zen players and force them to undergo the grind if you had a choice. Finally with the 2nd half of mod 4 coming you've introduced this item, so we know these other changes are also just stop gaps as well.

Boon book cost will be reduced to 20 sigil/secrets each (boons are already time gated by Lores, no need for further time gating) and the RNG of the books/belts are drastically increasing from 0.0001% to 10.0% drop rates.

Artifact equipment will not lose RP if used to refine another Artifact Equipment. every RP invested in 1 piece of artifact equipment will be preserved when refined into another arti equipment. You always knew you were going to have 5 arti weapons and more belts but SW 2nd paragon wasn't ready so you couldn't roll out the paragon artifact weapons. Now that you can you will see to it that all RP is preserved. Same for belts.

The new Dungeon and skirmish are as dumb as they are because they are for quick runs to get your boon books and arti belts (which will drop 10% of the time now). The Real PVE is going to be this 25 man raid, that's not going to be laughably easy. The hilariously low 10k GS requirement is actually for the non-epic version of the raid, right? and the Epic raid will require at minimum 14.5k gs to enter? It won't be easily exploitable and nobody will beat it on their first attempt, right? it's going to require thought and coordination?

Obviously a lot of people are threatening to quit if you keep going the way it seems like you are going but i'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. I know that you know that you can't ignore long term players threats, because you've coded yourself into a corner with all this time consuming/daily content. 5 mods worth of daily farming? New players aren't replenishing the numbers as old players leave any more because it takes too long to catch up now. We all know it, and we know you are smart enough not to kill your game with what seems like the most idiotic design choices ever made.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Tk3p87K.jpg

Feedback : The set bonus is cool but the special effect is awfull .
    This is shild artifact so it shoud do somthing to do with shild related class skills like: Shild Talent or Guarded Assault
    Also another offensive slot are sure abaout this?
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    9BMxNon.jpg

VmolZNe.jpg

Feedback :One of the both defensive cloak shoud have real defensive stats like Regeneration and HP Deflection.
    Cuz as i see both of them are pure DC cloaks. At least make 1 cloak good for tanks.
    As i see Cloak of Seldarine shoud give Hit points and Regeneration.
    But the main problem is lathander have con and dex bonus so NO true set for GF and GWF sentinels.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    edited October 2014

I must agree with also 1 setts favor DC but no set favor TR and GWF or GF SW.
  • Options
    asthazarfasthazarf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    While I like the general idea, I dislike the timing.

In my opinion, focus should be moved away from new content for a while, until every class gets a role to play. Finally, after every class becomes needed again through some aspects, base the new content on the newly formed picture, otherwise you'll have broken content around broken classes, and fixing will become much more difficult, as they'll both require it.

Steer away from the solo path which becomes available from a certain point.

There are way too many stats given through boons, artifacts now give more stats, arti weapons give too powerful boosts, while the content is doable with basic T2 gear. This is what kills the challenge, therefor the fun.

I suggest putting all the new stuff in a drawer so that you can work on it and release it after you've decided a role for every class. Mind you, this includes bug fixes... I've been doing some reading and I understand that some bugs have made it this far since mod 2 or even before. Suffice to say that's frustrating and, were I a day 1 player, it would strike me as though your interest in bettering the game didn't really exist.

It's quite simple: working around unstable conditions threatens the entire structure. So again: leave new content alone for now, determine what you want each class to do, tune down the OP-ness of the more powerful stuff (at least until appropriately challenging content is released), fix the existing bugs, and then you'll have a stable base around which you can build new content.

Edit: I also suggest doing this sooner rather than later, else the hole you'll be trying to climb out of will be a lot deeper.
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Remove the new belts !!!!
    1. i find this disturbing for the reason alot of people done their weapon/belt legendary , spent hundreds of real cash, only that in mod5 you will bring new belts that have a 3/3 set?
    come on, this is unfair.
    i like the neck/offhand, but new belts? they are out of place.
    so remove the new belts. so that we dont need to sink more AD , more AD and more AD .
    2. how much can we be certain of those tooltips? , what if i do all of them legendary and find out they are bugged, the way it takes you guys to fix some stuffs it's to much (ex: glyphs)
    3. IMO only relase neck with 2/2 bonus with the emblem/rod/blackice/lathander ; and the offhand.
    4. if u want to keep this up, if i want to refine my belt of constitution in another belt, hope i get the FULL RP !!! , not 1.8mil , the half of it. same with weapons.
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    GF Offhand Weapon has no AC bonus unlike non-artifact equipment
    http://i.imgur.com/Tk3p87K.jpg

I think there is too much Artifact Equipment to be honest and the new equipment is overall even more powerful than the Mod4 ones.
    I would prefer if Artifact Equipment was not quite so crassly powerful compared to Tier 3 gear and also a bit cheaper to upgrade.

The only reason people have Artifact Equipment of a rank higher than Epic is because of bots selling cheap RP, and I think that relying on botters to be able to advance in the game is not a good thing.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I suggest to read the new Draconic Templar set feedback too .
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?777201-T3-armor-set-Draconic-Templar-Feedback

One of GF t1 set can provide for GF 6000 def stat and def offer nothing after 3000 each 500 points are lower and lower dr .
    So the new GF DT t3 set are worst then t1 cuz the set have too much def stat suggest to rase the cap for GF or scale the draconic templar set stats better .
    I say you implemented my suggestion to 4 set bonus now the 4 set bonus fit for GF but the stats are wrong.

Defense Stat :
    1000 18.91%
    1500 23.85%
    2000 27.44%
    2500 30.16%
    3000 32.30%
    3500 34.02%
    4000 35.44%
    4500 36.62%
    5000 37.63%
    5500 38.49%
    6000 39.25%
    6500 39.91%
    7000 40.49%
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Tk3p87K.jpg

Feedback : The set bonus is cool but the special effect is awfull .
    This is shild artifact so it shoud do somthing to do with shild related class skills like: Shild Talent or Guarded Assault
    Also another offensive slot are sure abaout this?

BUG: GF offhand dont Give AC bonus shoud be Equip: +8 AC or +9 cuz legendary status .
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    BUG: GF offhand dont Give AC bonus shoud be Equip: +8 AC or +9 cuz legendary status .

you know how much damage resistance will have from neck + shield , right?
This discussion has been closed.