Options

Official Feedback Thread: Artifact Equipment

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vadimt83 wrote: »
    Can you please, have one more look at the ability scores? The changes actually made the belts much much worse.

thank you.

Seriously don't get why they cannot just make them give stats based on your classes primary and secondary instead of trying to railroad all classes , they don't seem to get that players like having multiple choices and different options , guess I'll keep my Owlbear belt and not bother with the new sets.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Seriously don't get why they cannot just make them give stats based on your classes primary and secondary instead of trying to railroad all classes , they don't seem to get that players like having multiple choices and different options , guess I'll keep my Owlbear belt and not bother with the new sets.

With some classes, their primary indicated is not actually their primary in value.
  • Options
    lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Like the TR.
    I would have liked to see the belts give 3 in one stat and 2 in another. A trade off for not focusing on one stat. The belts in their current state only seem to have one stat that is good for any particular class, meaning you loose 2 points and gain the set bonus.
  • Options
    lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    2 sets give AC so defensive bonus and 2 sets increase AP gain hard to say how effective either will be. The full set also gives another effect, like Lathander set is a 50% group heal. Sounds good.
    I wish they would go back and make the existing belts part of a set too. I would be pissed if I had a fully refined belt now.
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lococatt91 wrote: »
    I wish they would go back and make the existing belts part of a set too. I would be pissed if I had a fully refined belt now.

Yeah. That was an obvious solution. They did it with mainhands, but didn't with belts.
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bug: Artifact Class Feature: - Great Weapon Fighter - Weapon Master.

Weapon Master: It gives only 4% Critical Chance when it should be 5%, max number of stacks is 5 not 4.

Would you please reconsider the Artifact Class Feature for Destroyer? It's a main class feature for a GWF Destroyer and it gives 6% max speed which doesn't make sense when i.e other classes received Critical Severity, Lowered damage resistance, etc in their main offensive class features.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    malineffiemalineffie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Unless I miss something, Lathander set needs the Eye of Lathander artifact, which can only be found in the right chest in Dread Ring dungeons. This artifact is bound to you when you get it.
    So
    1/ it can't be found in AH
    2/ it can't be traded
    3/ you can only test your chance to get it once a day (1 free gauntlet a day no ?)
    unlike the 3 others (Black Ice beholder, Seldarine one, ...) which can be farmed.
    I think this is a little unfair to make one set of artifact harder to get than the others, so ... is something done in mod5 for improving that ?
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    malineffie wrote: »
    Unless I miss something, Lathander set needs the Eye of Lathander artifact, which can only be found in the right chest of EoT. This artifact is bound to you when you get it.
    So
    1/ it can't be found in AH
    2/ it can't be traded
    3/ you can only test your chance to get it once a day
    unlike the 3 others (Black Ice beholder, Seldarine one, ...) which can be farmed.
    I think this is a little unfair to make one set of artifact harder to get than the others, so ... is something done in mod5 for improving that ?
    You can farm it in Dread Ring still unless it was changed.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, I thought I was free and clear to totally ignore the new artifact sets, until I got an Eye drop on my GF on the weekend. Now I'm not sure.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Feedback: Golden Dragon Swordmaster & Vanguard of the Golden Dragon
    Using the same names for the new Great Weapon Fighter and Guardian Fighter artifact weapons is annoying. Fewer ambiguous names, please.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    malineffiemalineffie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    niadan wrote: »
    You can farm it [the Eye of Lathander artifact] in Dread Ring still unless it was changed.

Unless I miss something, how ?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    malineffie wrote: »
    Unless I miss something, how ?

Run the lairs until one drops or get a crapload of the star metal gauntlets and try to force a drop , they could be pretty expensive now though.
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bug: Golden Dragon Shield
    The Guardian Fighter's artifact off-hand (Golden Dragon Shield) is missing its inherent Defense. It should have 300ish more Defense at all ranks.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    has anyone worked out when is the earliest time we can get obtain these new cloaks and belts in mod 5?
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    everything is so expensive. if you guys at cryptic actually wanted players to have a smooth playing and go leveling their artifacts slowly you would have made the ofense/defense slot first to unlock on artifact belt and neck.

you made it the most useless slot possible. so you explain to me how anyone is supposed to play using that garbage instead of a normal belt with a decent enchantment.

if the answer is to "slot dragon hoard to speed the process" well you know very well you made the droprate impossible to anyone but bots to farm it...

Been playing for months with the dragon hoard and clearly has been more than a month I dont get not even one good drop from doing my daily missions on tod and sometimes iwd. not farming just by playing and doing some dungeons, usually I GET NOTHING in the whole two hours of play.

that's how I am supposed to use the dragon hoards? by getting nothing in two hours of playing normaly, like a decent person?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    jaotut wrote: »
    has anyone worked out when is the earliest time we can get obtain these new cloaks and belts in mod 5?

The Collections page says that you can get green versions of the new belts and neck items from the Well of Dragons so I'm assuming they have a chance to drop at the 10 man HE's in the new map , blue versions of the new belts and neck items also drop from the new lockbox so I'd guess it would be possible right away but I'd also guess the drop rate will be pitiful again.

The new offhands are only listed as dropping from the new Temple of Tiamat 25 man encounter , also the belts and neck items drop there too but that place is not accessible from day one.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lionmaruu0 wrote: »
    everything is so expensive. if you guys at cryptic actually wanted players to have a smooth playing and go leveling their artifacts slowly you would have made the ofense/defense slot first to unlock on artifact belt and neck.

you made it the most useless slot possible. so you explain to me how anyone is supposed to play using that garbage instead of a normal belt with a decent enchantment.

if the answer is to "slot dragon hoard to speed the process" well you know very well you made the droprate impossible to anyone but bots to farm it...

Been playing for months with the dragon hoard and clearly has been more than a month I dont get not even one good drop from doing my daily missions on tod and sometimes iwd. not farming just by playing and doing some dungeons, usually I GET NOTHING in the whole two hours of play.

that's how I am supposed to use the dragon hoards? by getting nothing in two hours of playing normaly, like a decent person?

Short answer - you are supposed to buy zen
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    praxxepraxxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I know I shouldn't, but I'm going to give Cryptic the benefit of the doubt.

Mod 4 released the way it did because it was half finished. Mod 4 part 2 (which you label mod 5) is here to finish Mod 4. This is why:

Boon books have such steep costs in terms of time (100 sigils/secrets) or extremely ridiculous RNG on drops
    Artifact equipment can't be efficiently used to refine other artifact equipment
    The new Dungeon and Skirmish is stupid short/easy and relies solely on 1shots and lag to kill players.

That was all planned as part of a stalling tactic because Mod 4 wasn't ready yet but you had licensing obligations to get it out the door. Mod 4 Part 2 is going to rectify all of this, right?

We all know that this was a stalling tactic, you gave yourself away with the lockboxes! Every single mod has included a way for zen/lockbox players to fast track the grind with a lockbox item to speed up the campaign unlocks. You would never turn away zen players and force them to undergo the grind if you had a choice. Finally with the 2nd half of mod 4 coming you've introduced this item, so we know these other changes are also just stop gaps as well.

Boon book cost will be reduced to 20 sigil/secrets each (boons are already time gated by Lores, no need for further time gating) and the RNG of the books/belts are drastically increasing from 0.0001% to 10.0% drop rates.

Artifact equipment will not lose RP if used to refine another Artifact Equipment. every RP invested in 1 piece of artifact equipment will be preserved when refined into another arti equipment. You always knew you were going to have 5 arti weapons and more belts but SW 2nd paragon wasn't ready so you couldn't roll out the paragon artifact weapons. Now that you can you will see to it that all RP is preserved. Same for belts.

The new Dungeon and skirmish are as dumb as they are because they are for quick runs to get your boon books and arti belts (which will drop 10% of the time now). The Real PVE is going to be this 25 man raid, that's not going to be laughably easy. The hilariously low 10k GS requirement is actually for the non-epic version of the raid, right? and the Epic raid will require at minimum 14.5k gs to enter? It won't be easily exploitable and nobody will beat it on their first attempt, right? it's going to require thought and coordination?

Obviously a lot of people are threatening to quit if you keep going the way it seems like you are going but i'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. I know that you know that you can't ignore long term players threats, because you've coded yourself into a corner with all this time consuming/daily content. 5 mods worth of daily farming? New players aren't replenishing the numbers as old players leave any more because it takes too long to catch up now. We all know it, and we know you are smart enough not to kill your game with what seems like the most idiotic design choices ever made.

- one of the best written comments I've ever read about this game ... Built great, but a castle made of sand.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    will we get an event to feed old mainhands in new ones?
  • Options
    praxxepraxxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    runonnike wrote: »
    I'm really worried about PvP. Someone is Rank 7's will be out-performed by Rank 8's. Think about the gap between Rank 7's and Rank 10's.

Take GFs for example. In Mod 2, a GF with Rank 7's could compete with one in Rank 10's. Skill was second most important, right behind gear.
    Currently, one with Rank 10's and legendary equipment (21k GS) will stomp one with Rank 7's and Black Ice equipment (16k GS).
    Not only will the 21k GF have about 10k more HP, but he will also have more burst damage.

Now an artifact neck and off-hand are being introduced. The gap will be so large that anyone with less than 17k GS might as well be 10k GS.

This is right on...
    The pvp mechanics in how parties are put together doesn't work. If you have a 15k GS or lower, don't even try pvp. You'll be one-shot by a gwf or melted by a CW.
    Deflection is useless while prone.
    Besides HRs, now rogues are getting piercing damage to pass right through deflection.
    Three new artifact types to grind? 24k rough diamond refinement per day, 12k per stack of peridots - that's 2 stacks (100k refinement points) -- ie, 100k refinement you can get per day doing dailies and the three new artifacts combined will be 3 million plus rp's? Think about that for a minute ...
    Only 2 pvp maps? Laughable. This isn't a good pvp game because the devs clearly don't respect or support those that like to do pvp.

These new artifacts are just reinforcing the fact that this game is pay to win. Many other games focus on sales of mounts and cosmetic items to fuel the money gain (Tera, Swtor, etc).

All these opinions stated here complaining and suggesting better alternatives (like making exp earned level your artifacts) will go unheeded.
    Bugs will be ignored until content is introduced that requires them to be addressed - like how mod 4 made the armor penetration bug of it not working have to be fixed when the new enchants (draconic) came out featuring a primary stat of armor penetration.

I'd rather pay a subscription or pay for cosmetics - you don't earn things in this game, you have to buy them. Money and pre-made pvp groups dominate pvp - until one day a gear score based ranking system is introduced for pvp match making.

It's a shame ... this game could be so much more ...
  • Options
    levdbronsteinlevdbronstein Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So I bought some cubes of augmentation to unlock and test different class-feature boosts on the off-hand weapon to make up for the fact that the random assignment gave me an unusable power. Much to my annoyance, the randomly assigned boost were again unusable for my character. Again, I get, but don't like, the random assignment, but it makes no sense to assign powers that you do not have access to.

I strongly recommend, again, that the class-feature power of off-hands be usable. I don't see why it ought to be any different than when you are selecting powers or feats where you only have access to abilities you can actually use. So, could you please ensure that the randomly assigned class feature is either your paragon-path specific or that it is one that is usable for both paths? If this for some reason a coding nightmare, an acceptable fall back would be to only offer off-hand class-feature powers usable by all paragon paths)
  • Options
    pitasgrpitasgr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    praxxe wrote: »
    This is right on...
    The pvp mechanics in how parties are put together doesn't work. If you have a 15k GS or lower, don't even try pvp. You'll be one-shot by a gwf or melted by a CW.
    Deflection is useless while prone.
    Besides HRs, now rogues are getting piercing damage to pass right through deflection.
    Three new artifact types to grind? 24k rough diamond refinement per day, 12k per stack of peridots - that's 2 stacks (100k refinement points) -- ie, 100k refinement you can get per day doing dailies and the three new artifacts combined will be 3 million plus rp's? Think about that for a minute ...
    Only 2 pvp maps? Laughable. This isn't a good pvp game because the devs clearly don't respect or support those that like to do pvp.

These new artifacts are just reinforcing the fact that this game is pay to win. Many other games focus on sales of mounts and cosmetic items to fuel the money gain (Tera, Swtor, etc).

All these opinions stated here complaining and suggesting better alternatives (like making exp earned level your artifacts) will go unheeded.
    Bugs will be ignored until content is introduced that requires them to be addressed - like how mod 4 made the armor penetration bug of it not working have to be fixed when the new enchants (draconic) came out featuring a primary stat of armor penetration.

I'd rather pay a subscription or pay for cosmetics - you don't earn things in this game, you have to buy them. Money and pre-made pvp groups dominate pvp - until one day a gear score based ranking system is introduced for pvp match making.

It's a shame ... this game could be so much more ...

Dude, first of all you're in my head. Secondly you are absolutely right but you forgot to mention the obvious that the pvp in this game is ONLY domination ... and without gs based ranking and/or premade filters for players , or at least a gs sum +/-500gs or +/-1000gs on EACH team , this game's pvp is doomed , it's already too unfair for many ...
    also the pay2win thing is getting ridiculous , i am close to make my main hand legendary ( at last ) and now with the prices gone up i can't play more than 30-60 min a day to farm cuz of the 24k ad cap !!! ffs ..
  • Options
    aidek0aidek0 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    With introducing the 'no ap gain' while using your daily, being introduced to other classes as well. I am curious if the new artifact cloak will let me gain AP while my daily is activated, or if the cloak will be useless when I use my daily. I am a SW on my main and my TT is active for most of the combat. Meaning, when I am in combat using my daily, does the cloak work? When my daily is done, combat will be over, one way or the other and there will be no AP gain out of combat from the cloak.

Anyone has one yet or knows the answer regardless?
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Giving an utility At-Will a damage increase is rather uninspired. It's clear the power is all about Marks/gap closing so a higher target cap or greater area of effect or greater rush distance would be the way to go here.
  • Options
    ikapamkikapamk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 294 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Giving an utility At-Will a damage increase is rather uninspired. It's clear the power is all about Marks/gap closing so a higher target cap or greater area of effect or greater rush distance would be the way to go here.

Seconded. I use it for both effects to regain control in DD fights.
    Carpe Jugulum
    Sharra Del'Armgo - SW Trapper Hybrid HR
    Ogghra Bar'Ghuzumn - MI Scoundrel TR
    Vænna Thrymskjöldr - IV Protector GF
  • Options
    deathdealerseradeathdealersera Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    We need more RP now and the prices will increase please prevent this from happening as this tends to increase gap for players who were considered ready for mod 4 will be practically useless in mod 5.

Give people a chance to end up refining with ease without having to hassle on getting a HUGE LOAD of AD for it.

Make it reasonable.

PS. Insanity is not what is required. What is required is Insane people making sense out of Chaos

TR + HR + OP + SW
    Nikostratos

• Options
    hadukhanhadukhan Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Dear Devs

Now iv been patient with you lot so far and understand your just building the game around the business model but this must be said...

The community has provided plenty of feedback regarding new artifact gear and the insanely amounts of grinding it will soon take to level these items up. The community is not pleased, you guys are really pissing alot of people off now.

There is not enough reward for playing the game, instead you want us to buy zen to upgrade an artifact with zen bought rubies at obsence prices.

This adds up to around $700 PER ARTIFACT! ARE YOU GUYS REALLY THAT ****ING GREEDY?????

At these prices a subscribable game IS CHEAPER. because $15 per month * 12 = $180 a year. Probably less with a yearly subscription. So to get these items to orange you want us to spend around 5 years worth of subscriptions for another game
    ( AND TRUST ME THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER GAMES OUT THERE ).

Imagine you spent $100 or so to get your artifact belt to orange only to have it now superceded in the next patch and you now must spend $700 to get just one item to orange, let alone 3 or 4.

LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY BEFORE YOU KILL THIS GAME

-Give us RP for XP
    -Give us RP at end of ALL Dungeons
    -Give us more RP item drops
    -LOWER THE RP REQUIREMENTS FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -Many more suggestions on previous pages!

LISTEN!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bugs with artifact off-hands
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?790671-Artifact-Offhands

60% of the available items are not providing full benefits when your guard is up. While the utility of the Cleave weapon justifies the choice to not put a blocking at-will effect on it, the uninspired straight damage buff from the new paragon weapons does not. I like the above suggestions for giving Threatening Rush more utility (range increase, oh yes please), but would like to see Weaponmaster also applying to Aggravating Strike and Threatening Rush also to Shield Slam if nothing else can be done.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
This discussion has been closed.