test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How Important is a Greed Option to You?

Comments

• Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A simpler solution would be rolling back the loot rules where all players can roll Need on all items. Not sure why the current system was even implemented at all. Need all is identical to greed all and probably easier to revert than to implement new code.

A. Greed All is a feature that you want implemented. - 5

B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented. - 5

C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players. - 5
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    a 3
    b 4
    c 2

While an extra greed all option is good, unfortunately, an extra option doesn't turn the average NW player you meet pugging into decent human beings.

Given a choice, greed trumps decency has been the prevailing experience. Giving a choice that is a non choice is worse ie. a NEED you can't roll on, as self perceived injustice is the primary cause of vote kicking someone because everyone feels they are more deserving (especially the high GS Paingiver stuck ups).

Drops being as stupidly rare as they are, coupled with easy vote kicking mechanic (just spam vote kick repeatedly, some one will click yes to make it go away), the overall team play experience is just poor and the player community simply festers.

Why bother when the player base has shown they cannot be trusted to govern themselves? Simply take the choice away and much of the problems will be solved. Make drops instanced and awarded through an internal roll, make all equipment BOE and facilitate trading so more of the stuff can show up on AH or trade channels. We do have a trade function that is practically unused.

We now have artifact gear, which is the new grind. As such normal gear should be made even more easily available, not have both be a tedious grind. Let players trade the gear they get from chest by making them BOE. Then, players can finally get gear at reasonable prices and within decent time frames (such that no one even bothers with kicking), and shorten the time needed for new players to achieve the 'average' GS requirements of pug parties so we don't get as much 'under geared' players in the newer content and less overall vote kicking. It's time to shorten the grind to gear up so players can start refining because Cryptic has added too much ridiculous grinding with enchants, artifacts and artifact gear.
  • Options
    donmuffindonmuffin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A:5
    B:5
    C:5

Greeding on everything is almost the most fair way to go about a dungeon. Everyone has a 1/5 chance to get the loot and it should eliminate alot of the issues that causes conflicts between players. Hopesfully this makes its way into the game sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sometimes, I can't see the battle because there are so many pop-ups on my screen. Or I make a painful mistake during combat because loot pop-ups block my view. Or I click the wrong button on the loot pop-up. Please hide the loot pop-ups! Please don't interrupt dungeons and skirmishes with loot pop-ups.

If loot pop-ups are removed, many people will be happy, including me :D
    I suggest "greed all" as the default loot distribution system for all dungeons and skirmishes.
    An additional option to "always pass on" white/green/blue/purple/etc. would be nice.
    The rules of "always pass on" could be set by each individual player and would apply to all his/her loot drops.
    Optional: notify all party members when any party member gets important or valuable items.

No vote from me on this until I know more details about the "greed all" option.
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A. 5
    B. 5
    C. 5

10/10 Would "Need" on ur loot again. :rolleyes:
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    cyrion02cyrion02 Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2014
    A. Greed All is a feature that you want implemented. [5]

B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented. [5]

C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players. [5]
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A. Greed All is a feature that you want implemented. 5

B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented. 5

C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players. 3

greed all makes sense in end-game runs. the reason for me giving C a 3 is because there's always going to be someone complaining about something or other.
  • Options
    sylveri0nsylveri0n Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2014

gobldygookfor10characters
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Please answer the following questions with a scale of 1-5 where 1 is "Do not Agree" and 5 is "Completely Agree":

C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players. 5
  • Options
    princessjosieprincessjosie Member Posts: 30
    edited October 2014

C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players. 5

In my guild during guild runs it's GREED everything unless you need it to wear it, that's the general guide line I grew up on in all mmorpgs. :) I fully approve of a greed only option.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    meow

/10charrawr
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    A-5
    b-5
    c-4
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    sangrine wrote: »
    No vote from me on this until I know more details about the "greed all" option.

There is no feature to give details on. This is simply a survey to express interest (or lack of) in a Greed All loot option.

However there are currently loot thresholds (what rarity loot is before it gets divided. This is defaulted to green) and two loot dividing options:Need/Greed or Round Robin. This is controlled by the party leader.

The most basic way it could be implemented is to simply add another dividing option set by the party leader which does not permit players to need on loot.

Anything other than that you are free to suggest here. Notable suggestions are:
    -Have party members vote on loot options at the beginning of dungeons.
    -Have Greed All be Roll/Pass
    -Change the default system to no longer be Need/Greed.

However the rest of your post, while points I don't disagree with, really are a whole different discussions worthy of it's own thread and not something which should be discussed here. :)

And do remember this is NOT in any way guaranteeing change.
    It's not a survey from the devs. It's a community survey from a community member.

I may be a moderator but I am not a developer and have no control over the actions of the developers. All I can do is provide feedback much the same as all of you and this thread is simply to give players a venue to express their (lack of) desire in a clear and concise format to give the developers some food for thought without any debates regarding why it should (not) be implemented.

And this goes for the person on page two as well who seems to think the devs suddenly decided to consider this after a year of sporadic requests. No they haven't as far as I know. This is simply a moderator wanting you all to tell them you want them to consider it because the other thread proved this topic is getting more rather than less prevalent over the course of time.
  • Options
    liliadnaliliadna Member Posts: 96
    edited October 2014
    well if there was a greed run it would work something like this

party leader may evoke "Greed run" on the beginning of dungeon. All players must agree (confirm pop up window like when lfg is on) to enforce this. From that moment on players can only greed or pass on all loot and it last until the dungeon is finished.

either this (above) OR "greed run" mechanics would be set as default and by the same mechanics players could change it to another type if they fell like it

the system alone doesn't provide protection against kicking for loot therefor those fail saves should be there as well
    -no vote kick during fight
    -no vote kick while rolling for loot is ongoing
    -no vote kick after final boss is dead (last until everyone leave dungeon/skirmish)
    -no vote kick for 5-10seconds after minor boss is dead - in some instances like VT valuable items could drop from 2nd boss (not anymore :) so to ensure players have time to pick loot and start looting process - which means no vote kick - there needs to be a time delay to disable kicking right after boss died and before loot in picked)

this is bulletproof, noobproof and completely fair system which players would expect from "greed run"
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    or you disappear with the "need" button or with the "greed" button. having both will keep making this game a bad environment, specially on pug runs.

since cryptic dont want all the players to be rewarded in the event of an item drop, they should at least make the drop "greed only".

maybe it is not illegal to "need" on a run agreed to be a "greed run". but it sure as hell is unethical and only makes the game community worse.
  • Options
    wyndrarchwyndrarch Member Posts: 147
    edited October 2014
    Please answer the following questions with a scale of 1-5 where 1 is "Do not Agree" and 5 is "Completely Agree":

A. Greed All is a feature that you want implemented.

[4]

B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented.

[5]

C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players.

[5]

I am for it in principle, so long as it does not replace the ability to have regular need runs (although I imagine you weren't considering doing that ;) ).
  • Options
    eviloldwolfeviloldwolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014

B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented. -5

C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players. -5

Vote Kicking would need addressed in some way, but would be great.
  • Options
    bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A. 5
    b. 5
    c. 3
  • Options
    biibiisaibiibiisai Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I would suggest to perhaps put all good loots in end chest and don't limit the number of purple/good loot. For example, in one run, there can be 0 such loot and in another, there are 3 of them. Who gets what is completely random and there is no way to see what other people get unless they share it. In this way there will be no need to kick to increase one's chance of getting the good loot, although it doesn't solve the issue of troll kicking.
  • Options
    petestarkspetestarks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A - 5
    b - 5
    c - 5
  • Options
    thenakedbananathenakedbanana Member Posts: 86
    edited October 2014

B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented. - 5

C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players. - 5

I believe a GREED ALL loot option would completely eliminate the potential for thieves to screw a party out of loot, I've had this happen so many times I just don't do dungeons at this point anymore. It is a form of forced honesty, with all the degenerates and toxic players around I believe it would be extremely beneficial to the player-base and would get me back to doing dungeons all over again!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication
    or other information which may be considered objectionable.
    A Tool used by those with power to stay in power.
    I object to your objection
  • Options
    panacea2112panacea2112 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    the all greed only works IF everyone actually greeds. If the item that drops is class specific, and that person is shady and needs on it and takes off - as has happened on many a PUG run (hence why I don't run PUGs anymore unless I can't avoid it)... so yes, A - 5 B - 5 and C - 5 If you can make it not bugged or something that can be recoded by thieving hackers in this game....
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014

3 (just because I'm pretty indifferent; it would have minimal impact on my *personal* gameplay experience)

5 (survey says)

4 (some, certainly not all)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    3 I don't care if it's a need or greed run. It's the problem of people not communicating that caused problems. And if the dungeon mode clearly states "greed only" before queueing or entering then there won't be anything to discuss.

4. The second step that would NEED to be implemented is kicking after a boss fight. Basically lock the vote kick while the boss loot is being tallied. If you have a greed only option, you no longer would ever need to kick during this time. This way need runs can still be done, and people can't ninja kick greed runs if they don't get the loot they wanted.
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Just put it in the game so the party leader can decide and everybody can shut up and run whatever they want, for once...

So, yeah, all 5's here as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trill34trill34 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited October 2014

B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented. 4

C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players. 4

When i doing Dungeons Runs, i do it only on GREED partys,
    no matter which dungeon it is.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I almost never take something I can't use...

I almost never take anything I will just turn arond and sell

So Greed is a non issie with me

Urlord
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    urlord283 wrote: »
    I almost never take something I can't use...

I almost never take anything I will just turn arond and sell

So Greed is a non issie with me

Urlord

Greed runs do not care whether you need the final epic loot or not. In Greed runs, everyone chooses greed on the final loot even if it is an upgrade to someone.

You have to realize that not everyone is in the same boat as you. Not everyone is obligated to put their intentions aside for the sake of another pug.

Be sure to ask before each run whether it is a Greed run or not. Otherwise, you might unknowingly "Need" on the final loot innocently while the party rages at you and maybe even kicks you. In greed runs, everyone has a 20% at the final loot, no matter the party composition.

I know it is not the most streamlined way but until Cryptic fixes this system, most groups will do Greed runs and you have to respect what the party has agreed upon at the beginning. Or you can just leave the party at the start if you do not agree with their loot rules. I'm sure you will eventually join a group that is fine with Need runs
  • Options
    jondbxjondbx Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A 5
    b 5
    c 5