Comments

• odd111outodd111out Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A 5

b 5

c 5
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nice necro, this may become relevant again in Mod6. Wonder if theyll change anything in the system. I think I voted, unsure. But

A. 2 (I go with what the group, prefers)
    B. 4 (with only 10% of playerbase visiting forums, even if all voted 5, with only 10% I cant say in good faith all want so 4)
    C. 3 (Other issues will arise)
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • gleichgewichtnwgleichgewichtnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A. Greed All is a feature that you want implemented. (5)

B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented. (2)

C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players. (3)...or 4 im not shure about this. Myself i have not so much problems with this.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A. Greed All is a feature that you want implemented.
    B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented.
    C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players.
  • setimoselosetimoselo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A. Greed All is a feature that you want implemented. - 5

B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented. - 5

C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players. - 5
    23uvq8m.png
  • lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Greed all will help solve petty discussions that arise constantly by people "missing" the greed button and needing stuff, sometimes is by mistake sometimes is not. so yeah:

• ebonyshadowebonyshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    a) 4

b) 3

c) 5
  • user4035user4035 Member Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    A. Greed All is a feature that you want implemented. - 5

B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented. - 4

C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players. - 1

You will have to modify the bind on pickup items since if you can't buy the item through the AH then you want to go and do a need run which could be hard to find if everyone is simply farming.

Example: In Fardelvers Crypt the warlock weapon is bind on pickup. Everyone just salvages the thing, such a waste.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    I'll go ahead and flag this as still relevant as, mechanically, it doesn't contain outdated information.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    this thread is not to discuss the merits of greed runs. This thread is only to express your desire or lack of desire for a greed only loot option. Anything else will be removed.
    please answer the following questions with a scale of 1-5 where 1 is "do not agree" and 5 is "completely agree":

a. Greed all is a feature that you want implemented.

B. Greed all is a feature you feel many players want implemented.

C. A greed all loot option would solve a lot of conflicts between players.

again, please answer those three questions. Feel free to put low numbers. Just do not argue the merits of the system and simply stick to expressing your own opinion by answering those questions and perhaps a sentence or two. do not argue or discredit another player's opinion.

a. 5
    b. 5
    c. 5
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A. Greed All is a feature that you want implemented. 5

B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented. 5

C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players. 5
  • xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A - 5
    B - 5
    C - 4/5

Full greed but remove bound on pickup drops, like MC VT or so other drops like Karr GWF armor, so player can still trade them between party member, like we do in my guild, we greed all and if something drops that some 1 need and the greed all gave it to another player we gladly trade it with the member that really needs that drop. (greed all in a BoP drops its just creating another problem), imagine running VT and the drop u need drops 10 time and the greed all never gives it to you since it BoP.
  • joerandojoerando Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The point is for farming runs, a true greed run needs the ability to have a greed only option. There of course are times where you will still use a need/greed basis. This is just a forum to input a new loot rule. not take away need/greed rule.
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A. Greed All is a feature that you want implemented. 3
    B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented. 5
    C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players. 3

I still would like to advocate an instanced loot option, which would:
    - eliminate loot rolls completely
    - eliminate screen clutter ( no more zillions of popups )
    - stop sniping between players over who "deserves" the loot
  • grumblesmorfgrumblesmorf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A - 1 - Don't want it. Would make the game even more unfriendly to new players than it already is when every run ever becomes greed only. What I want instead is an MMO where people genuinely care about helping the group and don't freak out instantly if someone rolls need on something with an option the devs saw fit to give them. Maybe look to see if the person actually needs that thing as an upgrade before voting to kick them. Nevermind that I've never even seen a PuG say anything at all about "greed on epics" until AFTER they've kicked someone for it. I've never minded if someone rolls need on something they genuinely need. Their need for an upgrade takes precedent over my "need" for AD. I think the real problem here is a toxic environment where everyone is at each other's throats for every little bit of potential AD. I blame artifact gear and the ridiculous RP requirements.

B - 5 - Yes, obviously it's something a lot of people want. That's why it's already being enforced on practically every dungeon run ever, regardless of group composition and without any sort of actual warning most of the time. And newer players who've never even heard of this before are having bad experiences with the game because of it.

C - 3 - It would solve a lot of loot roll conflicts obviously, and I'm sure there are a lot of those, but there are plenty of other reasons for conflict between players, the biggest being bugs that don't get fixed in a reasonable amount of time.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A 5
    b 4
    c 4
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Please answer the following questions with a scale of 1-5 where 1 is "Do not Agree" and 5 is "Completely Agree":

+1 to concurrently introduce a prohibition of kicking once the boss fight starts. If you don't add that, people risk being kicked for winning the Greed roll (it happens today often enough). If you implement this before a Greed All option, ninjas will be able to need without repercussion (currently ninja boss drop needers are often kicked).
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    So is someone going to tally these or can the majority here agree that greed all option and the greed option in general would solve a lot of problems
    edited January 2015
    So is someone going to tally these or can the majority here agree that greed all option and the greed option in general would solve a lot of problems
    Well, considering this was a Necro, Ambi hasn't gotten around to it since it was successfully resurrected. I'll remind him that this thread lives again.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    It was tallied up to the point it was necroed. ;)

Expect it to be tallied within a day as it's probably a good idea to recount all the posts to verify I didn't miss a few at the end.
  • s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A: 5
    B: 3 (I dont feel I could guage the opinion of very many players)
    C: 5
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • bobhunter1bobhunter1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    B: 5
    C: 5

I KNOW it will help. Guaranteed. 100%.
  • larphoidlarphoid Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015

b: 3

c: 5
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    5 - Completely Agree

5 - Completely Agree

5 - Completely Agree
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • laderlader Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A. Greed All is a feature that you want implemented. [5]

B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented.[5]

C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players.[5]

I think many players make the mistake chosing "need" beacuse of the loot in the middle of fight. This'll help a lot :)
  • randomdiscordrandomdiscord Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    a - 5
    b - 4
    c - 5

I see no reason for the need-greed system, it is un-necessarily complex. In my personally opinion, there should just be loot or pass.

All 5 members are in the dungeon, working towards the end. All 5 should get an equal chance at the loot. There should be NO special options for any one person in the party.
  • cybercyanidecybercyanide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited January 2015
    I agree with the Roll or Pass options. There really doesn't need to be any other choices.
  • dragosani84dragosani84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 84
    edited January 2015
    5 on all three for me. I don't do many dungeon runs but I'm all for something that would solve so many problems. The main reason I don't do dungeon runs is because I don't care for being booted out of a group right at the end after all that hard work. Couple a greed button with no kick button and I'm good to go.
  • arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Its sad how the legit community has to come to the forums to see if they can force a change to greed all option. A lot of people is not interested in the greed all option. How many threats have been closed due to this. Now you start a poll (aka force poll - results) because most of the legit people is on the forums. A lot of people don't come to the forums, and a lot of people are not in favor of the all greed option. Stop trying to create scenarios where you creating false information for the Dev's to read.

Another you control this forum what can be seen and what cannot be seen, so basically you are creation false information in your own benefit by only leaving what you want in this threat and deleting what you don't like, in doing so you are basically lying what people are saying. So in true you left what you want, and delete what you don't like.

Admins should not runs polls like this one, because they have the admin rights to change and delete a threat so that it can come out the way the want. This is not fair in any aspect.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    arcanaxe wrote: »
    Its sad how the legit community has to come to the forums to see if they can force a change to greed all option

Why is it sad? I think its great that the new & casual players are starting to get it.
    arcanaxe wrote: »
    A lot of people is not interested in the greed all option.

Right, but it seems more people would prefer a greed all option