What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How Important is a Greed Option to You?

Comments

• kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A. Greed All is a feature that you want implemented. - 5

B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented. - 5

C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players. - 5
  • kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited October 2014

fair loot distribution , maybe take in consideration damage dealt , damage taken , healing ... to have slightly better chance to have the loot , and deserve it !
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A. Greed All is a feature that you want implemented. (5)

B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented. (5)

C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players. (5)
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A = 1
    B = 4
    C = 1

It won't solve anything. It won't make content more rewarding, it won't prevent kicking others, it won't change the fact that all the good stuff is in the cash shop and can't be earned in-game. More rewarding content would probably make people bickering less about loot and stuff like that.

It will also create a lot of issues on class specific bop loot, like offhands from MC and VT. You'd need people willing to give up on 10k rough ADs to get your gear upgrade, which is silly.
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    A. Greed All is a feature that you want implemented. 5

B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented. 5

C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players. 5
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A - 5
    B - 5
    C - 5
    + Option for auto-accept specific types of loot without popup window.
  • ikapamkikapamk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 294 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    A - 3
    b - 3
    c - 4
    Carpe Jugulum
    Sharra Del'Armgo - SW Trapper Hybrid HR
    Ogghra Bar'Ghuzumn - MI Scoundrel TR
    Vænna Thrymskjöldr - IV Protector GF
  • ikapamkikapamk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 294 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    qq88pp wrote: »
    Make gear won by need BoP ... it would be easy ... imagine how to handle an "all forced greed" run in VT and your off hand drops ... have fun getting it!

Precisely. As someone whose toons need gear, greed runs, but asking the party in a case of pure need is important
    Carpe Jugulum
    Sharra Del'Armgo - SW Trapper Hybrid HR
    Ogghra Bar'Ghuzumn - MI Scoundrel TR
    Vænna Thrymskjöldr - IV Protector GF
  • urterrorurterror Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A. [3] Greed All is a feature that you want implemented.
    B. [5] Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented.
    C. [5] A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players.

Need option only for BoP drops? Idk
    If i roll, I loose ^^ Pass!
    Ans YES, PLEASE, make the popup movable or Auto-Greed/Auto-Pass drops option!
    paladin_signature_by_whiitelotus-d330x28.png

| Cìrdan - GF | Cìrdan The Lightbringer - OP |
    < Guild: Pugno Fiammante >
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A. Greed All is a feature that you want implemented. -> 5

B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented. -> 4

C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players. -> 5

Strongly agree to change loot option to Roll or Pass. Definately solve all the issue. I remember when i run eLoL a GF got kicked coz he roll Need. After that, one member of the party disagree Need should be kicked so he kick the member that initiate the 1st kick. Its so funny like a kick war going on in the party. The party nearly break as we lost 2 member. Luckily the GF re qued and came back to the party and we pulled through. If we not lucky, my guess the party would break coz of loot conflict among member. Changing to Roll or Pass would be the best.
  • stretch611stretch611 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    a - 5
    b - 4
    c - 3

As for the people asking for things won on need to become bound... that will not fix a thing... there are people who will need it on the basis of a 100% chance of rough AD is better than a 20% chance of something to sell.

The only problem the greed all problem creates s on the BoP offhands in VT and MC. It would be nice to have another option to allow need rolls on BoP items, Greed on everything else.
    @stretch611

Murphster - SS CW | Jennsen Rahl - MoF CW
    Taarna - GWF
    Eowyn - Protector OP | Leela - Devoted OP
    Mara Jade - TR
    Leeloo - Tempt SW | Kahlan Amnell - Fury SW | Galadriel - Damnation SW
    Sturm Nightblade - GF
  • t8xt8x Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    1. 5
    2. 5
    3. 5
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    A - 5
    b - 5
    c - 5
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    A = 1
    B = 4
    C = 1

It won't solve anything. It won't make content more rewarding, it won't prevent kicking others, it won't change the fact that all the good stuff is in the cash shop and can't be earned in-game. More rewarding content would probably make people bickering less about loot and stuff like that.

It will also create a lot of issues on class specific bop loot, like offhands from MC and VT. You'd need people willing to give up on 10k rough ADs to get your gear upgrade, which is silly.

We obviously shouldn't implement this for BOP gear, Dio.
  • palkodiumpalkodium Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    [5]
    [5]
    [5]
    Greed on all and/or greed/pass vote.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would prefer if this was an option that could be enabled by vote though in the group, whereby the need option gets greyed out. That way if there are ever group comps that want need enabled, they do not feel unrepresented. The feature would then work similarly to vote kick now, only the decision would have to be 4/5 votes or a full consensus.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So i've made some testing about the different available loot mode (O > my party). None of them except need or greed and free for all works as intended. Round robin (which is what people here are asking for) doesn't work and is like FFA, and party leader decides works as need or greed. Fixing that would address the issue. The features are supposed to exist already.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A. 2 (I dont care either way, I work with whatever group wants)

b. 4 (Common knowledge, backed by Mods posts, maybe 10% of playerbase visit forums, So I can not in good faith put a 5, cause I dont know what the 90% of the playerbase that dont visit the forums want.)

c. 3 (People still could get ninja kicked, and Im sure there will be other issues)
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    This thread is only to express your desire or lack of desire for a Greed Only Loot Option. Anything else will be removed.

do not argue the merits of the system and simply stick to expressing your own opinion by answering those questions and perhaps a sentence or two. Do not argue or discredit another player's opinion.

I would really like to see this implemented and any posts (including this one) that are against it be removed from the thread
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A 4
    b 3
    c 5
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A. Greed All is a feature that you want implemented. 4

C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players. 3

Regarding point 3, I want to point out that as well as the vote kick system allows a "soft majority" to oust someone, and/or not voting doesn't get counted toward the total, then there will continue to be an issue regardless of any hard loot mode.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • berylgreenberylgreen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited October 2014

C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players. 4
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    So i've made some testing about the different available loot mode (O > my party). None of them except need or greed and free for all works as intended. Round robin (which is what people here are asking for) doesn't work and is like FFA, and party leader decides works as need or greed. Fixing that would address the issue. The features are supposed to exist already.

As i Understand it, Round robin is not the same as greed all / pass
    If i pass in Greed all i give others a higher chance, If i pass (wont pickup) in round robin it will remain on the floor and no one will get it.
    Hence in round robin all party members must run around like chickens and click everything, a single party member can't pick up the items for everyone.
    Also in round robin the rest of the party won't know about the drop, which is useful if people want to split on certain items (used to be relevant in cn for example).
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Explanation of Round Robin:
    Round Robin is more like taking turns.

Every piece of loot picked up is given to a member of the party in a sequential order whether they want it or not. While it is theoretically similar it has two critical differences:
    -It lacks the ability to not 'roll' on loot you do not want
    -It puts the RNG in the players' hands so it can be manipulated.

For instance if somebody wants the green weapons to feed into their Artifact Weapon Round Robin would not permit players who did not want the green weapons to choose to be excluded from 'rolling' on the gear they did not want.

Round Robin also gives players a bit of control over the RNG since it is quite literally my turn, your turn, their turn. There is plenty of potential for somebody to try to game the system by trying to pick up loot in a specific order.

An example of Round Robin that some players may be familiar with in Guild Runs is divvying skill nodes. My turn, your turn, their turn. My turn, your turn, their turn. That is how Round Robin works with loot drops.

In short Round Robin is not the same and is not a replacement for Greed All.
  • arcticblitzarcticblitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2014

B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented. - 4

Blitzy : PVE only Barbarian
    Martin ConDion PVE only Ranger

Guild Founder: -HunterS-
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited October 2014

B. Greed All is a feature you feel many players want implemented. 4

C. A Greed All Loot Option would solve a lot of conflicts between players. 3

I also think there needs to be an option to allow players who want them to pick up the "useless" green gear drops without forcing others to roll on them. This has caused me a lot of frustration in runs when I wanted them to refine my artifact weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited October 2014

a. Greed all is a feature that you want implemented.

B. Greed all is a feature you feel many players want implemented.

C. A greed all loot option would solve a lot of conflicts between players.[/indent]

a 5
    b 1
    c 5
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A simpler solution would be rolling back the loot rules where all players can roll Need on all items. Not sure why the current system was even implemented at all. Need all is identical to greed all and probably easier to revert than to implement new code.

• wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    a 3
    b 4
    c 2

While an extra greed all option is good, unfortunately, an extra option doesn't turn the average NW player you meet pugging into decent human beings.

Given a choice, greed trumps decency has been the prevailing experience. Giving a choice that is a non choice is worse ie. a NEED you can't roll on, as self perceived injustice is the primary cause of vote kicking someone because everyone feels they are more deserving (especially the high GS Paingiver stuck ups).

Drops being as stupidly rare as they are, coupled with easy vote kicking mechanic (just spam vote kick repeatedly, some one will click yes to make it go away), the overall team play experience is just poor and the player community simply festers.

Why bother when the player base has shown they cannot be trusted to govern themselves? Simply take the choice away and much of the problems will be solved. Make drops instanced and awarded through an internal roll, make all equipment BOE and facilitate trading so more of the stuff can show up on AH or trade channels. We do have a trade function that is practically unused.

We now have artifact gear, which is the new grind. As such normal gear should be made even more easily available, not have both be a tedious grind. Let players trade the gear they get from chest by making them BOE. Then, players can finally get gear at reasonable prices and within decent time frames (such that no one even bothers with kicking), and shorten the time needed for new players to achieve the 'average' GS requirements of pug parties so we don't get as much 'under geared' players in the newer content and less overall vote kicking. It's time to shorten the grind to gear up so players can start refining because Cryptic has added too much ridiculous grinding with enchants, artifacts and artifact gear.
  • donmuffindonmuffin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A:5
    B:5
    C:5

Greeding on everything is almost the most fair way to go about a dungeon. Everyone has a 1/5 chance to get the loot and it should eliminate alot of the issues that causes conflicts between players. Hopesfully this makes its way into the game sooner rather than later.