Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Trickster Rogue Changes

Comments

• refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    You mean "from rear-side", right?

That's actually a pretty neat idea.

Yes, I suggested that a little while ago in my thread on what they should do with the TR, to be more in keeping with PnP AD&D.

Combat Advantage comes from Rear Attack or from anywhere in Stealth - so there should be a guaranteed Critical Hit for both Combat Advantage and Stealth, in addition to a CORRECT bonus for the Combat Advantage damage all classes get.

I love the fact that they decided to have Feats which improve damage when attacking from behind.

But I also suggested that Critical Severity should be higher. In First Edition AD&D to D&D 3.5, a successful Backstab/Sneak Attack from behind with surprise did Quintuple Damage at high levels. In Neverwinter terms, that is 500% Critical Severity. I do not know enough about 4E to say, and I know nothing at all about 5E.

500% is probably way too much, but the principle of additional Critical Severity for a Backstab as part of the basic class feature is sound. TRs should have a bonus to Critical Chance and Severity as part of their Deception mechanic.

Also, a bonus to Deflection Chance as part of the basic Class design, They already have an extra 25% Deflection Severity compared with other classes, but that is no good unless there is a decent chance of it proccing.

Also, they REALLY need to fix the Illusory Shimmer boon - my Halfling MI's Deflection Severity is now 75.2%, instead of 78% as it should be.

Also, I compared animations with my TRs and HRs - the HR has much greater Speed, Movement and Distance with Melee At-Wills and so is much more able to land them in PvP. The TR can also flip between Melee and Missile Stance, of course, and so effectively has 6 Encounters and 4 At-Wills to choose from. Marauders Escape to get away, shoot some arrows, then change stance and Marauder's Rush to get back into Melee. Or Boar's Rush or whatever it's called (still learning HR class at 60).

The TR seems to be very hampered by all the At-Wills except Cloud of Steel and Disheartening Strike. I wonder what Master Infiltrator's use in PvP - Sly Flourish? I have tried both Gloaming Cut and Duelist's Flurry, and I can only really get them to work by using a rear attack when the enemy is engaged with another team member.

But then, I suspect my skill is lacking, as well...

But that IS the traditional combat role of an AD&D Thief - not face to face combat with an armoured warrior with a Great Sword.

:)
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    That's not really entirely accurate; first, that multiplication of damage only applied to the dice rolled, not to additional modifiers for high ability scores or magic weapons, which meant the real "severity" would be lower. Second, the game featured no other means of thieves scaling damage; damage scaled slower than hit points. In 3rd Edition and later, backstab damage was changed to sneak attack, which gave a number of flat level-based additional damage dice rather than multiply the base dice (i.e. +2d6 rather than x2).

Yes, we know that - the multiplier applied to base damage, not STR and magick bonus. But I was trying not to confuse the issue with unnecessary details.

I suggested some bonus to Critical Chance and Severity as part of the Class design from Stealth and Combat Advantage for Rear Attack; not a 500% bonus to Critical Severity per se, but a reasonable amount.

Also, a bonus to Deflection Chance., certainly when in Stealth, if not a base bonus when not Stealthed.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I dont' really get how people stack shadow of demise though.I've been trying to do it with dummies and I can't seem to get it right.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I dont' really get how people stack shadow of demise though.I've been trying to do it with dummies and I can't seem to get it right.
    Hit target, trigger SoD. Restealth before the 6 second timer expires, SoD goes off and the damage triggers ANOTHER SoD stack. Rinse and repeat.

I tested this myself and it does work. You just need the right encounter loadout and enough Recovery to be able to be in stealth every 6 seconds (or multiple of 6 seconds).
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited October 2014
    enter stealth continuously every 6 seconds? I don't think I can do that, I mean with shadow strike I can enter it more often, but it has a 12 sec cooldown so after using it once I wouldn't be able to re stealth again in less than 6 secs.
    I've tried:
    stealth>lashing blade>shadow strike>stealth>another damage skill>
    but after that all my encounters are on cooldown and I can't re stealth in less than 6 secs, shadow strike is on CD too, and stealth doesn't refresh in less than 6 secs on its own :/
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    enter stealth continuously every 6 seconds? I don't think I can do that, I mean with shadow strike I can enter it more often, but it has a 12 sec cooldown so after using it once I wouldn't be able to re stealth again in less than 6 secs.
    I've tried:
    stealth>lashing blade>shadow strike>stealth>another damage skill>
    but after that all my encounters are on cooldown and I can't re stealth in less than 6 secs, shadow strike is on CD too, and stealth doesn't refresh in less than 6 secs on its own :/
    Use an At-Will to trigger SoD so you don't drop stealth. It shouldn't work but the bug means that SoD triggers off all damage. That buys you a few extra seconds at the start of the cycle. And if you spec into Sneaky Stabber you can keep stealth up longer. Use SS and BnS for more stealth extension.

It's actually not that difficult to build a perma Exe using GS and Sneaky Stabber.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It feels like we're being forced to use gloaming cut, which is really boring and slow. And now because stealth is so valuable and fits so well with gloaming cut it feels like we're forced to use shadow strike too which I've never slotted before even in pvp. I was never a perma but now I can stay in stealth longer than before thanks to gloaming cut. I really miss DF, but GC is so much better especially pvp. Took me 4 tries to get that dang artifact weapon too. This play style is a lot more boring before. ITC (which is still bugged), SS, and lashing blade, seems to be what all the TRs are running with in preview. Although GC is better, GC definitely makes us more vulnerable since we are less mobile than we were with DF. I will definitely need to amp up my defense if I use this since you get pummeled while sitting still landing painfully slow gloaming cuts. Would be nice if DF didn't drain stealth so quickly
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
    edited October 2014
    Use an At-Will to trigger SoD so you don't drop stealth. It shouldn't work but the bug means that SoD triggers off all damage. That buys you a few extra seconds at the start of the cycle. And if you spec into Sneaky Stabber you can keep stealth up longer. Use SS and BnS for more stealth extension.

It's actually not that difficult to build a perma Exe using GS and Sneaky Stabber.

I still don't get it, sorry XD
    I know about stealth extending, but what's the use in here? Demise only procs when ENTERING stealth, so why would I care about extending it? it wouldn't proc again, right?
    Shouldn't I aim to end stealth quicker so I can restealth again fast before the 6 secs finish?
    EDIT: my mistake, SoD doesn't proc when entering stealth but with any damage while in stealth
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's the same strike over and over again with that terrible sound :/ It seems to have a lot better aim since I've last used it at least. I've always liked its damage just too squishy for it right now

And i agree with you 100% that we should have 2 skills which we can use on pvp. But since GC buff its pretty nice to finish off players which DF is not. Also i think devs hate now too much duelist flurry, so i think that at least they should make CoS not depleting stealth. So that we can use 2 mouse buttons in pvp instead of one. But well most important is that we have at least 1 skill if not that gloaming cut we would all could delete our rogues cause on pvp we would be done. So we have to defend that gloaming cut on any cost.
    Also it would really help if they fix itc. Example is this scenario. You keep hitting someone and then u get proned and you use itc so you can defend yourself and go back to stealth. But since itc is bugged you get seen get proned you are visible CW stun you to death and your done since itc won't work for next 14-15 seconds. So they really have to fix that itc since it's not working for 1,5 year now.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
    edited October 2014
    yeah, I managed to make it now, I thought SoD only proced when entering stealth, my bad :)
    This will probably get fixed very soon XD
    I got to make 68 million damage with one after 2 mins or so (against a dummy though)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i still know tr would work so much better if combat advantage gave us 100% crit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Feeback: Hateful Knives

The 15% stealth depletion from at-wills in stealth, need to be suppressed at least for during the duration of Hateful Knives:Seething knives. The 15% stealth depletion effect is much too stronger than Seething Knives, and practically renders it useless -- my guess being that this is simply an oversight, as Seething Knives were designed before the depletion mechanic was developed.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • mojoratmojorat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited October 2014
    Yes, I suggested that a little while ago in my thread on what they should do with the TR, to be more in keeping with PnP AD&D.

Combat Advantage comes from Rear Attack or from anywhere in Stealth - so there should be a guaranteed Critical Hit for both Combat Advantage and Stealth, in addition to a CORRECT bonus for the Combat Advantage damage all classes get.

I love the fact that they decided to have Feats which improve damage when attacking from behind.

But I also suggested that Critical Severity should be higher. In First Edition AD&D to D&D 3.5, a successful Backstab/Sneak Attack from behind with surprise did Quintuple Damage at high levels. In Neverwinter terms, that is 500% Critical Severity. I do not know enough about 4E to say, and I know nothing at all about 5E.

500% is probably way too much, but the principle of additional Critical Severity for a Backstab as part of the basic class feature is sound. TRs should have a bonus to Critical Chance and Severity as part of their Deception mechanic.

Also, a bonus to Deflection Chance as part of the basic Class design, They already have an extra 25% Deflection Severity compared with other classes, but that is no good unless there is a decent chance of it proccing.

Also, they REALLY need to fix the Illusory Shimmer boon - my Halfling MI's Deflection Severity is now 75.2%, instead of 78% as it should be.

Also, I compared animations with my TRs and HRs - the HR has much greater Speed, Movement and Distance with Melee At-Wills and so is much more able to land them in PvP. The TR can also flip between Melee and Missile Stance, of course, and so effectively has 6 Encounters and 4 At-Wills to choose from. Marauders Escape to get away, shoot some arrows, then change stance and Marauder's Rush to get back into Melee. Or Boar's Rush or whatever it's called (still learning HR class at 60).

The TR seems to be very hampered by all the At-Wills except Cloud of Steel and Disheartening Strike. I wonder what Master Infiltrator's use in PvP - Sly Flourish? I have tried both Gloaming Cut and Duelist's Flurry, and I can only really get them to work by using a rear attack when the enemy is engaged with another team member.

But then, I suspect my skill is lacking, as well...

But that IS the traditional combat role of an AD&D Thief - not face to face combat with an armoured warrior with a Great Sword.

:)

Replying to this because your string concepts from multiple end editions together that have no connectiontion to eachother ththen applying them as a single concept. First in 1,2,3,3.5 dnd the thief or rogues role was never damage. In 3.5 you could manage it with a lot of system mastery but wasn't the norm.

The primary role of the rogue for most of end was..... skillls..... yes that's right the striker role was assigned to it in 4e.

Second in 1,2 edition you needed the rear and got a x2 x3 or x4 or x5 backstab. In most cases you got 1 or 2 off in a battle. And often did nothing between battles.most characters would also never see x4 or x5 game progression was way slower.

In 3 and 3.5 facing no longer battered and sneak attack as random d6 is Introduced you met conditions. And it was applied.

In 4e they added combat advantage and simplified the whole system.

In all honesty I'd like to see the scoundrel tree trigger damage off of CA
  • topynokattivotopynokattivo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Feedback (MI - Executioner)

As a first impression, I do like the general direction of the changes. I think we'll be more useful (and wanted!) in dungeons.

The burst damage is fun and is important cause we immediately contribute to the fight (the encounter used to finish before we could contribute enough!).
    The AoE capabilities improvement was really needed for our DPS output, and our performance in boss fights shouldn't change much with a couple adjustments to improve our survival chance, such as:

- A third dodge would be really useful to compensate for the reduced stealth uptime

- Impossible to catch: IMO stealthed ITC should allow us to survive even the strongest enemy power (I'm thinking about Epic Tuern boss here), so if 50% more DR isn't enough for this (didn't test yet), it should be increased to meet the objective (65%? 75%?)

About at wills, it seems like gloaming cut (combined with shadow strike) will become our main tool (maybe I'll still use DF when out of stealth). Sadly, there is no artifact weapon for GC. To make artifact weapons a bit more useful, Lurker's Assault could be modified so that it allows to use any at-will without losing stealth for its duration.

Regarding PVP, I think some adjustments are required as well. First-strike lashing blade is going to cause a lot of whining. A couple of figures about that:

I have 17k GS, 7.5k power, PVorp. MI Executioner build, no perma. Currently on live server I can hit the dummy for about 25k with plain first-strike crit LB. In PVP it ranges from 6-7k to 20k (apart from class differences, there is a broad variety in players gear).
    On preview server with the new feats I can now hit the dummy for about 70k. Even though the improvement seems appropriate when attacking other classes highly PVP geared players (against which I currently do not stand a chance in 1vs1), it is just too powerful when attacking weaker players.
    To further explain my point, I think it is appropriate for a 17k TR with good gear to one-shot a fresh-level-60 9k GS player (especially if ranged class): this is not a class balance issue but a matchmaking issue. Yet it seems that a vast part of playerbase will be one-shot with these changes. IMO this is not appropriate and will cause problems and likely end up with nerfs.

A workaround could be to modify First Strike, for PVP only (in PVE it is fine and totally required for the new exec build): in PVP it could give less damage bonus (with respect to preview server, say 10/20/30%) and ignore some damage resistance. This would reduce the one shot occurrences and equalize a bit the damage output against all classes/gear scores/pvp equip (low GS players and squishy classes would not be affected much by the DR ignored). I don't know if it is feasible though.
  • asthazarfasthazarf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There's one thing everyone needs consider when giving feedback... something that I actually only just realized, unfortunately:

What you're testing isn't accurate, due to unresolved bugs.

Basically, this means that whatever dungeons you run, you're not actually seeing the changes you've read about, but a bugged version of them. So there's no real way to tell how well the class works, until those things work the way they are intended. You may like the way a TR can solo a dragon on preview, or how you can now team up with 4 DCs and demolish everything in CN, but do you realistically think that this is the way it's going to hit live?

The first part of the feedback should be bug related, followed by appropriate fixes, followed by the actual testing. A "Known Bugs" list on that reserved 3rd post would be nice, for starters. Most bugs will probably be found within 2 weeks. Fix them, so that we have time to test your suggestions before you release them.
  • k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Official Feedback Thread: Other Balance Changes
    Greetings Adventurers!
    There were a lot of other small improvements we wanted to make to a variety of specs, but didn’t really merit their own thread because they are fairly small and focused. Please use this thread for giving feedback on those changes.
    This thread is not for suggesting new feedback, so please constrain it to feedback on changes that are in the patch.

Great Weapon Fighter
    Instigator: Allied Opportunity: Damage Bonus increased to 6/12/18/24/30% (up from 2/4/6/8/10%) and the Combat Advantage Duration is increased to 1.5/3/4.5/6/7.5 seconds (up from 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds).
    Instigator: Group Assault: Damage bonus increased to 2/4/6/8/10% for each additional target struck (up from 1/2/3/4/5%).
    Instigator: Instigator's Vengeance: *Rework* Now grants 10% increased damage at all times. This value is increased by 10% each time you are struck in combat, up to a maximum total increase of 50%.

Control Wizard
    Renegade: Chaos Magic: Fury - Now grants 30% damage and 10% Life Steal (up from 10% and 5% respectively).
    Renegade: Chaos Magic: Nexus - Now grants 30% Armor Penetration and 30% Critical Chance (up from 10%).
    Renegade: Chaos Magic: Growth - Now heals every .5 seconds for 250% of your weapon damage (up from 200% every second).
    Renegade: Masterful Arcane Theft: Damage bonus increased to 3/6/9/12/15% on targets affected by Chill (up from 1/2/3/4/5%) and 1.2/2.4/3.6/4.8/6% per stack of Arcane Mastery (up from .6/1.2/1.8/2.4/3%).
    Renegade: Chilling Advantage: Chilling Presence increases Critical Chance by 2/4/6/8/10% (up from 1/2/3/4/5%).

Hunter Ranger
    Melee: Piercing Blade: This feat now correctly looks at post resistance damage when calculating how much damage it should deal.
    Trapper: Swiftness of the Fox: *Rework* Your Melee encounter powers shorten the cooldown of your Ranged encounter powers by 3/6/9/12/15%. Your Ranged encounter powers shorten the cooldown of your Melee encounter powers by 3/6/9/12/15%.
    Trapper: Biting Snares: Now generates 20% of your AP (up from 10%), increases your damage by 30% (up from 15%), and Control durations are increased by 60% (up from 30%).

Scourge Warlock
    Tyrannical Threat: The damage from this power should now benefit from Armor Penetration correctly.
    Creeping Death: Almost all powers that deal Necrotic Damage are now correctly identified as such, and should activate this feat much more reliably.

*Sigh somebody tell me if there is equality in this game. Alms for TR anyone?
    edited October 2014
    morenthar wrote: »
    Without all this back and forth BS, I'm going to simply post some suggestions. Some have been stated previously.

Wicked reminder: Make it ranged providing a 2 sec stun and give it triple damage when used in combat advantage. Range 1/2 of Impact Shot sound good?

Smoke Bomb: Area effect increased to that of Thorn Ward. Daze/Poison effect lasting 5 sec.

Path of The Blade: Add stun. Dagger up the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> will slow you down for sure.

Shadow Strike: TRIPLE THE DAMAGE (FFS if slotting it is so important make it really useful) and add a 2 sec stun (5 sec if used from stealth)

All TRs: Flat 50% decrease in magical damage received while in stealth. If Stealth is so precious, reward our management of it. Allow the shadow weave that we work with to protect us a bit.

Scoundrel: Weave in a feat allowing for 100% deflection severity. Scoundrel deflects, Scoundrel takes zero damage.

These are rough suggestions, but do you see what I am getting at? If we can't be in Stealth so much, we must be allowed to survive especially against casting classes. When we are out of stealth, we would have controlling abilities that provide a "bridge" to us getting back in stealth.

If that rotation is messed up, then by all means, burn us down. DO NOT RUSH ANY CHANGES TO LIVE. This class needs like 2-3 more months of changes and testing. It was and still is, THAT BAD of a situation.

Very good ideas. Also don't forget about fixing itc, shadow strike, and replacing useless aggro decrease feat by something else.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Stealth: it should refills upon taking damage and with time

loss of stealth/at will should be lowered to 7% MAX if you really want to keep it to allow at least one jumping duelist.

we should have 1 dodge more

first strike reworked to give 10% more deflect 10% more stamina gain 5% more hp ( +2.5% more for each level ).

Low hitting encounters like wicked reminder should not deplete stealth (adjust the damage as you want)

Shadow strike should not proc "one with the shadow". meaningless

CHARISMA is not working as intended. it does not amplify my combat advantage damage.

SWIFTFOOT is bugged and not working.

Microscounder daze should be stun. it just seems lag.

Path of the blade should at least proc feats correctly.

Shadow of demise is correctly proccing from any source of damage ( and we our cooldown too high is needed ) but is multiproccing allowing to 1 shotting bosses after "a while of stacking"
  • isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    From fighting a lot of trs, it is apparent that there can still play perma-stealth only now it is a lot harder to do with them because of the high amount of dps they do. The tr would use gloaming cut, itc, bait and switch, and shadow strike. So basically to beat a tr you still need to catch them in stealth and in the meantime you are still a sitting duck.
    Also infinite dodge in stealth? why
  • donsolo96donsolo96 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    valenswift wrote: »
    +1, no, +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 to naicalus words.

You've put my thoughts into words, man. Everyone of them. Devs, with this changes you are going to destroy us in PVE, for sure.

And, sadly, I'm one of those fools that made my Duelist Flurry artifact weapon legendary GDN_(

Please, PLEASE, don't make this changes see the light. Let us as we are now. I don't want any boost dmg if it came like that.

The key for us in PVE is DPS SUSTAIN, not high dmg pikes. This, maybe, is more a PVP issue.

I will take your + and multiply it by 1000. Naicalus really nailed it for us poor pathetic PVE TRs. If this doesn't change, it may very well be the end of me for NW after 14 months of playing. VERY disappointed right now.
  • vito1992vito1992 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Using At Wills while Stealthed now drains 15% of your Stealth Meter per attack. No! No, no, no, no! Please, please please.
    Don't change this power.

Don't change this power.

Master Infiltrator: Shocking Execution
    Don't change this power.

I pray you, do not change...
    I pray you
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Let me make a couple things plain:

1. The devs are not interested in your opinions of another player's feedback or your opinions of that player. They are interested in YOUR experience on the preview server with these changes. If it's not going to assist the devs in tweaking and fine-tuning these changes, it doesn't belong in this thread.

2. As always, reports of exploits or potential exploits are to be left off the forums and PMed to one of the community team or the devs, as Rules of Conduct require.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • szaoszao Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Feedback

Found some saved ACT file: on live I had way more avarage dps than on preview now. Played on preview as i used to: hop in stealth, out stealth, kill a pack of mobs then another etc...

Thx to the missing combat advantage and feat/capstone. That 2,5-10% + stat here and there isnt that much, pretty mild.
    Nimble Blade, Catspaw Style, Mocking Knave, Action Rush, Whirlwind Sneak Attack, Critical Teamwork, Deadly Momentum, Overrun Critical should stay in our feats with some kind of a rework. They need or have some trick to do.

Also without stealth, the Dragonic armor setbonus almost useless for a TR, not realy fit to that role.
  • gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    Afternoon all! We have a lot of bug fixes and performance changes to address much of the feedback in this thread, but I want to touch on a few of the following changes in more detail.

First up, Dodging. Dodging is awesome, and should feel good. Period. Full Stop. Therefore, in line with the goal of trying to make rogues feel more slippery and mobile on the battlefield (and compensate for their weaker defenses when their tools are down) we are making a big change to their dodges.
    • Trickster Rogue: Dodge: Rogues now roll 50% farther when dodging in combat and their dodge cost has been reduced to 30% of their stamina (down from 50%).

We feel this provides a lot more defensive options to a rogue and lets them reset the fight (or move rapidly out of range if they need to), and take better control of their positioning.

Next up is Dazing Strike. This skill is problematic because it is so hard to land against quickly moving foes or targets not focused on you. Add to that the fact that Rogue AoE doesn't have a lot of strong options in the kit and this felt like a good place to make some interesting changes.
    • Trickster Rogue: Dazing Strike: Now always activates at the same speed as stealth and should hit targets far more consistently.
    • Trickster Rogue: Stealth: Dazing Strike: Now strikes in a large cone in front of you.
    This will make Dazing Strike just feel faster and more consistent, and also adds a solid AoE CC to rogues.

Final big change we wanted to touch on is a hefty change to Path of the Blade. We generally like the idea behind this power, sacrificing burst for some sustained DPS that hits random targets, but it was never really designed to be a huge single target DPS increase. Therefore we are spreading its damage out to more targets but making it less potent on a single target.
    • Trickster Rogue: Path of the Blade: Now hits 3 targets each tick (up from 1) and deals roughly 33% of its original damage.
    This provides Rogues another good AoE option.

In addition to these major changes, we have lots of bugfixes and performance increases for things that were underperforming. Full notes below and in the OP.

Trickster Rogue: Dodge: Rogues now roll 50% farther when dodging in combat and their dodge cost has been reduced to 30% of their stamina (down from 50%).
    Trickster Rogue: First Strike: Now provides 30% bonus damage at rank 1 (down from 33%) and provides an additional 15% when ranking it up (down from 33%).
    Trickster Rogue: Dazing Strike: Now always activates at the same speed as stealth and should hit targets far more consistently.
    Trickster Rogue: Stealth: Dazing Strike: Now strikes in a large cone in front of you.
    Trickster Rogue: Path of the Blade: Now hits 3 targets each tick (up from 1) and deals roughly 33% of its original damage.
    Trickster Rogue: Deft Strike: Now slows targets for 80% (up from 60%) for 5 seconds (up from 3 seconds).
    Trickster Rogue: Wicked Reminder: Now correctly stacks to 3 (instead of 5).

Trickster Rogue: Whisperknife: Disheartening Strike: This power has now been correctly reduced by 10% instead of 60%.
    Trickster Rogue: Whisperknife: Vengeance's Pursuit: The first portion of this power can now be activated while moving. The followup portion of this power now activates substantially faster.
    Trickster Rogue: Whisperknife: Vengeance's Pursuit: Cooldown reduced to 12 seconds (down from 16).
    Trickster Rogue: Whisperknife: Razor Action: Damage increased by a further 200%.
    Trickster Rogue: Whisperknife: Advantageous Position: Now provides 20% resistance (up from 10%) and now lasts for 2 seconds per rank (up from 1).

Trickster Rogue: Sabotuer: Shady Preparations: No longer incorrectly affects Artifacts and other non player powers.
    Trickster Rogue: Saboteur: Knife's Edge: No longer incorrectly affects Artifacts and other non player powers.
    Trickster Rogue: Saboteur: One with the Shadows: Cooldown reduced to 15 seconds (down from 20).

Trickster Rogue: Scoundrel: Concussive Strikes: Now dazes the target for .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds (up from .2/.4/.6/.8/1 second)
    Trickster Rogue: Scoundrel: Skull Cracker: Base daze increased to 4 seconds (up from 2 seconds). Total maximum increased to 6 seconds (up from 4 seconds).
    Trickster Rogue: Scoundrel: Skull Cracker: Now also grants 25% increased move speed.
    Trickster Rogue: Scoundrel: Skull Cracker: Cooldown reduced to 15 seconds (down from 20).

Trickster Rogue: Executioner: Shadow of Demise: Shadow of Demise can no longer activate itself and can only be applied to a single target.
    Trickster Rogue: Executioner: Shadow of Demise: Now correctly only triggers on Encounter Powers.

Thank you all for your continued feedback!
    Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer

PS: Please keep the conversation civil. This thread is for feedback only, and if you would like to discuss the changes outside that feedback take it to another thread.

EDIT: These changes will be hitting preview sometime this week, but are not yet up for testing.
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    [*]Trickster Rogue: Dodge: Rogues now roll 50% farther when dodging in combat and their dodge cost has been reduced to 30% of their stamina (down from 50%).

Too exploitable in PvE as you drag many mobs behind you (and therefore are permanently in combat) and can use this to access locations that shouldn't normally be accessible.
    Quite a number of dungeons are only not currently exploitable because dodge distance won't allow players to reach certain map objects. 50% increase would negate this.

This is referring to the 50% greater dodge distance.
    This could be addressed by making the greater dodge distance only apply if player is not airborne (falling, jumping)
    edited October 2014
    Gentlemancrush:
    Wow, I don't think this is on preview yet, but it looks awesome to me, really really good changes in a good direction, I can't wait to test it :D
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • asthazarfasthazarf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    Too exploitable in PvE as you drag many mobs behind you (and therefore are permanently in combat) and can use this to access locations that shouldn't normally be accessible.
    Quite a number of dungeons are only not currently exploitable because dodge distance won't allow players to reach certain map objects. 50% increase would negate this.

This is referring to the 50% greater dodge distance.
    This could be addressed by making the greater dodge distance only apply if player is not airborne (falling, jumping)

Unless the areas you're talking about are just a bunch of invisible walls, which is far more likely if you ask me.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Does the nerf to potb mean a further 33 per cent or a 33 of what we have now live?
    Can we finally allow this skill to benefit from weapon enchants and to correctly apply feats??? Maybe not the piercing if you feel so but at least the capstones!

Thanks for the dodge.
    Great dazing strike quality of life buff.

Still need to address the strong need of shadow strike in any build tho and its laughable damage.
    Shadoe strike should not proc one with the shadow.

You should also fix swiftfoot and the thing that we are hard-targetable in stealth.
    A look at how charisma works would be appreciated too.
    edited October 2014
    Afternoon all! We have a lot of bug fixes and performance changes to address much of the feedback in this thread, but I want to touch on a few of the following changes in more detail.

First up, Dodging. Dodging is awesome, and should feel good. Period. Full Stop. Therefore, in line with the goal of trying to make rogues feel more slippery and mobile on the battlefield (and compensate for their weaker defenses when their tools are down) we are making a big change to their dodges.
    • Trickster Rogue: Dodge: Rogues now roll 50% farther when dodging in combat and their dodge cost has been reduced to 30% of their stamina (down from 50%).

We feel this provides a lot more defensive options to a rogue and lets them reset the fight (or move rapidly out of range if they need to), and take better control of their positioning.

Next up is Dazing Strike. This skill is problematic because it is so hard to land against quickly moving foes or targets not focused on you. Add to that the fact that Rogue AoE doesn't have a lot of strong options in the kit and this felt like a good place to make some interesting changes.
    • Trickster Rogue: Dazing Strike: Now always activates at the same speed as stealth and should hit targets far more consistently.
    • Trickster Rogue: Stealth: Dazing Strike: Now strikes in a large cone in front of you.
    This will make Dazing Strike just feel faster and more consistent, and also adds a solid AoE CC to rogues.

Final big change we wanted to touch on is a hefty change to Path of the Blade. We generally like the idea behind this power, sacrificing burst for some sustained DPS that hits random targets, but it was never really designed to be a huge single target DPS increase. Therefore we are spreading its damage out to more targets but making it less potent on a single target.
    • Trickster Rogue: Path of the Blade: Now hits 3 targets each tick (up from 1) and deals roughly 33% of its original damage.
    This provides Rogues another good AoE option.

In addition to these major changes, we have lots of bugfixes and performance increases for things that were underperforming. Full notes below and in the OP.

Trickster Rogue: Dodge: Rogues now roll 50% farther when dodging in combat and their dodge cost has been reduced to 30% of their stamina (down from 50%).
    Trickster Rogue: First Strike: Now provides 30% bonus damage at rank 1 (down from 33%) and provides an additional 15% when ranking it up (down from 33%).
    Trickster Rogue: Dazing Strike: Now always activates at the same speed as stealth and should hit targets far more consistently.
    Trickster Rogue: Stealth: Dazing Strike: Now strikes in a large cone in front of you.
    Trickster Rogue: Path of the Blade: Now hits 3 targets each tick (up from 1) and deals roughly 33% of its original damage.
    Trickster Rogue: Deft Strike: Now slows targets for 80% (up from 60%) for 5 seconds (up from 3 seconds).
    Trickster Rogue: Wicked Reminder: Now correctly stacks to 3 (instead of 5).

Trickster Rogue: Whisperknife: Disheartening Strike: This power has now been correctly reduced by 10% instead of 60%.
    Trickster Rogue: Whisperknife: Vengeance's Pursuit: The first portion of this power can now be activated while moving. The followup portion of this power now activates substantially faster.
    Trickster Rogue: Whisperknife: Vengeance's Pursuit: Cooldown reduced to 12 seconds (down from 16).
    Trickster Rogue: Whisperknife: Razor Action: Damage increased by a further 200%.
    Trickster Rogue: Whisperknife: Advantageous Position: Now provides 20% resistance (up from 10%) and now lasts for 2 seconds per rank (up from 1).

Trickster Rogue: Sabotuer: Shady Preparations: No longer incorrectly affects Artifacts and other non player powers.
    Trickster Rogue: Saboteur: Knife's Edge: No longer incorrectly affects Artifacts and other non player powers.
    Trickster Rogue: Saboteur: One with the Shadows: Cooldown reduced to 15 seconds (down from 20).

Trickster Rogue: Scoundrel: Concussive Strikes: Now dazes the target for .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds (up from .2/.4/.6/.8/1 second)
    Trickster Rogue: Scoundrel: Skull Cracker: Base daze increased to 4 seconds (up from 2 seconds). Total maximum increased to 6 seconds (up from 4 seconds).
    Trickster Rogue: Scoundrel: Skull Cracker: Now also grants 25% increased move speed.
    Trickster Rogue: Scoundrel: Skull Cracker: Cooldown reduced to 15 seconds (down from 20).

Trickster Rogue: Executioner: Shadow of Demise: Shadow of Demise can no longer activate itself and can only be applied to a single target.
    Trickster Rogue: Executioner: Shadow of Demise: Now correctly only triggers on Encounter Powers.

Thank you all for your continued feedback!
    Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer

PS: Please keep the conversation civil. This thread is for feedback only, and if you would like to discuss the changes outside that feedback take it to another thread.

YES. These are changes we were waiting for! :)
    Also don't forget fixing bugs as itc, shadow strike and other bugged things as charisma, swift footwork. Keep up good work!
  • hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the reduced cost in dodge. While in PvP I will enjoy the extra distance, in PvE the current dodge was too far as it was and I always dodged into opponents when I could (since dodges into opponents will not move you and how the red areas seem to work if you dodge when you see red you will suffer no damage even with remaining within the red well after the dodge). It is odd in that in PvP I like a longer dodge but in PvE I wanted a shorter dodge, but I suppose with this change I might have a chance to get into combat now before everything is dead so I will test on preview and see.
This discussion has been closed.