test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• Options
    crewellcrewell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Druids could be set up similar to rangers with the tab button switching between human and beast forms with powers changing as well.

I'm hoping the next class is paladin though as there needs to be another defender. Warlord would be my second pick as there is only one leader class in the game right now. A melee orientated class with heals would fill a niche in the game not currently filled.
  • Options
    hemilkerhemilker Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I really like the Class of Necromancer... summon skeletons or zombies, curses, fire attacks, aaah XD.
    Sorcerer would also be another good option.
  • Options
    syrisdavirus242syrisdavirus242 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited September 2014
    A monk. Would really love to see the monk. That's the one class I always play.
  • Options
    yvictor122yvictor122 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would love to see Druid, Paladin and Monks. I would also love to see some new races like the celestial and the planetouched varieties. Archon/Aasimar/Eladrin/Genasi/Fey'ri as well as the Fey races.
    signature-CG5G6RNR_zpsa5351efb.png
  • Options
    plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    with so few play DC I wonder why so many chose paladin and druid

who knows, maybe they will add vampire at the end (it was one of the hardest episode in Baldur's Gate)
  • Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    plavia wrote: »
    with so few play DC I wonder why so many chose paladin and druid

who knows, maybe they will add vampire at the end (it was one of the hardest episode in Baldur's Gate)

Probably because the new class will be overpowered rather than underpowered (people are not going to spend zen on a new class seen as weak).
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When has anyone needed to spend zen for any class? They have all been free.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Non-striker, that's all I can say. Anything BUT another striker.
  • Options
    boomba66boomba66 Member Posts: 221 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Would love to see the new class in module five be the Paladin. With the current story line it would fit in to have paladins finally show their holy faces in Neverwinter.

Its three lines could be simply placed into a Damage dealer(Vengeance Line), Tanking with group buffing (Crusader Line), and Healing (Holy Line). Graphics for plate armor are already in the game as are weapons. It would be a simple move to add holy symbols, and shields with chosen gods symbols upon them to add the flavor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i would love seeing paladins as well, but atm it seems the next class will be hippies - if past mods are anything to go by

almost seems like they wanted a new class every mod but they couldnt manage the pace so the classes are delayed

sharandar was kind of ranger-ish(with witches etc. messing up nature and all), we got rangers in mod 2
    dread ring was with warlocks- we got warlocks in mod 4
    in iwd there is HE with druids, seems like well be getting those good for nothing treehuggers next after all
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Paladin or Blackguard or Monk!

What about class crossing like the old Neverwinter? Think of the variables GF/CW lol

neverwinter-nights-shadows-of-undrentide-image219056.jpg
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'd love a Paladin but I think Druid is due next , I played a Paladin/Templar in a MMO a few years back called Grand Fantasia , it was a Tanky/Healer type , basically a tank who could heal himself , I used to love it xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Paladin, Druid, Bard and Monk. After that, everything else is cake...
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I'd love a Paladin but I think Druid is due next , I played a Paladin/Templar in a MMO a few years back called Grand Fantasia , it was a Tanky/Healer type , basically a tank who could heal himself , I used to love it xD

Well paladin would be next since we don't have a second divine class. And no, druids aren't divine they are nature.
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I want a paladin with an option to make a blackguard. Tired of hero hero hero. I want an anti-hero. Not quite all evil but on the dark side.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well paladin would be next since we don't have a second divine class. And no, druids aren't divine they are nature.

Makes no difference , going by what the developers have said in the past Druid is probably next.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

There's not a second nature class either...
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My concern about this class is a balance issue. Paladins could be too much like gf/gwf/dc, but they should be a hybrid of all three. Problem is less dps than gwf, less durability than gf, less healing than dc, and so? Why take a paladin then?
  • Options
    sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    My concern about this class is a balance issue. Paladins could be too much like gf/gwf/dc, but they should be a hybrid of all three. Problem is less dps than gwf, less durability than gf, less healing than dc, and so? Why take a paladin then?

Personally that's the reason I'd rather see a druid, the pally is just too similar to existing classes.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We need a second healing/tank class. Currently the system only looks for 1 GF and 1 DC to fill the tank and healing roles in pugs, paladin would be a better choice over a druid since a druid is a controller.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Which class(es) should the Paladin trivialize?
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We need a second healing/tank class. Currently the system only looks for 1 GF and 1 DC to fill the tank and healing roles in pugs, paladin would be a better choice over a druid since a druid is a controller.

100% true.

Also bear in mind here are A LOT of people who exclusively play paladins in mmos. Adding them would attract new users to Neverwinter,

In addition Forgotten realms is extremely Paladin heavy. Lore wise it has more paladins than any other official D&D setting I can seen. Its really sort of a crime they weren't included with launch.

What I'd like to see:

Paladin(most demanded class)---->Monk (second most demanded calss, and we have no marital arts class)---->druid (shapeshifter)
  • Options
    quollquoll Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm just hoping to see a viable tank that doesn't use a shield in an mmo again. It feels like that concept went bye bye about a decade ago. Same for bare hand melee.
  • Options
    doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Why Paladin? I mean really, we have 2 spell caster type classes, we have 2 fighter type classes then HR TR and of course DC. What we need is Druid or better yet Psionicists. I'd like to see something totally different (at least as much different as can be expected). You can't really add too much without so much overlapping in this type of game ... but still we need a healing class that would be a viable but different option from the DC, unless of course the paladin can fill that role but in the D&D game they were very limited on healing but excelled in dealing damage to evil things while being tanky to boot.
  • Options
    boomba66boomba66 Member Posts: 221 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Why Paladin? I mean really, we have 2 spell caster type classes, we have 2 fighter type classes then HR TR and of course DC. What we need is Druid or better yet Psionicists. I'd like to see something totally different (at least as much different as can be expected). You can't really add too much without so much overlapping in this type of game ... but still we need a healing class that would be a viable but different option from the DC, unless of course the paladin can fill that role but in the D&D game they were very limited on healing but excelled in dealing damage to evil things while being tanky to boot.

The reason why is because it is a very popular class. People will come back to play it. Druid has never been as popular a class in dnd. When they did metric's on NWN 2 the most popular class by far was the paladin for first characters. the fact it can give you a alternative type of healing/tanking.

Mostly I think it would help them make money, which is the only reason they will invest the time in a new class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Shadowdancer!

Loved this as a class in NWN Classic.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    aulduron wrote: »
    Which class(es) should the Paladin trivialize?

GF and DC sound bout right
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Super tanky, damage dealing , healer I'll buy that for a dollar.

More like 200, you see you'll need to get an artifact belt/artifact weapon then upgrade them. Then you'll neet at least a greater weapon enchant maybe even armor if you dont wanna run with aonther measly, lesser SF. Then you'll need a mount and unless you already bought an account wide epic you'll shell zen for that too. Then you'll see folks running with rank 8 and above and you'll want that too..

Scratch 200, make em at least 300 EUR or USD doesnt matter the currency, they take em all
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The pace that new class being added is not very fast. Can we have two new classes come out at once?
This discussion has been closed.