Install Arc
Options

Black Ice Drops

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You gotta do something, BI mainhand should drop from ALL heroic encounters this is getting ridiculous! Us support classes cannot get it!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You gotta do something, BI mainhand should drop from ALL heroic encounters this is getting ridiculous! Us support classes cannot get it!

I've actually gotten the main hand *twice* on my GF, and once on my DC. It's rare, not impossible. The biggest trick is to get into the fight and start tanking (or healing) ASAP - if you have to run back to the entrance, leave the zone, and re-enter, the fight will be 2/3 over by the time you arrive and you'll never qualify for a chance at the epic drop.

My general trick is: If you're on a map with Black Ice Domination live, leave. It's almost certainly never going to end (because of bugs) and I've never seen *two* Epics fall at once. It's just going to sit there and prevent other Epics from spawning. But if you're on a map without BID, run around finishing as many HEs as you can, until the one you're looking for pops. The more that get finished, the more that spawn. For the encounters that drop the BI gear, get there as soon as possible and participate as much as you can.

(Of course, I haven't gotten the arms on either character.)

It's entirely possible I have no idea what's going on and I'm presenting a cargo cult solution - but it's the one that worked for me to get the main hand three times, and I haven't really sat down and *tried* to get the arms. What I've definitely noticed is that swapping maps to join an in-progress epic almost always gets me a bad reward - I have no idea if it's just timing (takes too long to get there, can't qualify for best reward) or if there's actually some kind of penalty involved in joining a party, swapping maps to the epic, and dropping the party again.
  • Options
    ahsherahsher Member Posts: 208 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    The problem is 40+ people in a 6-10 man heroic. Odds go from 17% to 2.5%
  • Options
    krieg69krieg69 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've done well over 350 battles in IWD.

I've gotten my GF all the way through IWD with no drops at all. Gave up.

I've gotten my CW 85% of the way through with no drops at all. Gave up.

I've gotten my GWF 95% through and one MH drop from a beholder. I guess I'll casually try off & on for the gloves but really don't hold out much hope.

I got 3 other level 60 characters which I will push through IWD. I'll only be chasing the boons for them. The rest of the module can rot on the vine as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    iceklaversiceklavers Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've done well over 100 battles in Pass and Valley. No gloves, no weapons. Sad ;(
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have 50 Epics, more then 100 Major. Lately 80% of them are great success. No gauntlets still.
    And now its even worse - i see remo once a day only.
  • Options
    raptorskyfireraptorskyfire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Last couple of times I have been lucky: I still got an orb from the Beholder when it spawned even though I missed a quarter of the fight and there were loads of people there.

On my TR I was there for the start of the Prospectors and at least a quarter of it was just me and a few others taking down mobs, halfway into it a few more people showed up. Got my black ice gloves unexpectedly.

On my main character though, my DC, I've all but given up on ever completing her BI gear. I did get her weapon easy, but the gloves... yeah, I don't think I'll ever get a chance to get them.
    Part of Storm-Shore, a RP/PvE guild. http://www.stormshore.com/

I have many alts, I am a class and race rainbow.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    After a two week self-imposed ban from IWD, I tried again this past weekend. No change. Even as the first character on the scene and the only melee class I could not get a darn thing from the Beholder and it was a Great Success. Had to be rezzed once because I was trying to take as much damage as possible. I kept the Beholder focused on me all fight, going as far as to turn him away from the CWs, HRs and DCs.

During this run I had done Prospectors x2, Beholder x1, Corrupted Dwarves x2 (the Major HE that spawns near the mines), Troll Invasion x1, Remorhaz Hunt x1 and some Shaman Epic I had never seen and got Great Success on every single one. I also had a whole bunch of smaller HEs as well (Totems, Marauders, Barbarians, etc). I saved all of my chests and opened at least a dozen at once. Nothing except green assets that I now have coming out of my nose and 180 Black Ice.

On a side note I haven't gotten anything from ToD either.

RNG is absolute horse manure.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    jasonbhoy7jasonbhoy7 Member Posts: 53
    edited September 2014
    I'm still trying to get mainhand on cw and main hand and bracers on rogue. I have been doing everything people have suggested. Something needs to change.

ps
    I think it would be easier if we could change instances the normal way instead of having to join a party already in the instance you need to go.
  • Options
    chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I have given up on IWD. I haven't seen a BI piece drop in over 50 Remo, Raiders, Beholder, Prosp Attack run since they nerfed the drop rates. Pretty stupid change if you ask me.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    chrcore wrote: »
    I have given up on IWD. I haven't seen a BI piece drop in over 50 Remo, Raiders, Beholder, Prosp Attack run since they nerfed the drop rates. Pretty stupid change if you ask me.

For the first time last week I received and appropriate elk tribe epic item on a character who can use it. From the Remorhaz, which was nice. Still no Black Ice mainhand or gauntlets on any of my characters despite countless epic HE's. :(
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    tom40stom40s Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My main toon is a cleric and I finally received my black ice gloves from remoez, All I need is a scepter drop to complete my set. I played remorhaz several times before but this time I was there for the whole thing because it started right after another event in the same spot immediately and I did not die so maybe that has something to do with how drops are given.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Why does it matter how many HEs have you done ? Its not like you're opening 100s of lockboxes at once. The way they made it you can pretty much do 1000s of HEs and never see a drop or you can go do 1 and have your gloves/MH. Im not sure how I feel about it. In theory this way someone like me, who doesnt have alot of time to play can still get the drops. But I havent seen any yet :(
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    emilemo wrote: »
    Why does it matter how many HEs have you done ? Its not like you're opening 100s of lockboxes at once. The way they made it you can pretty much do 1000s of HEs and never see a drop or you can go do 1 and have your gloves/MH. Im not sure how I feel about it. In theory this way someone like me, who doesnt have alot of time to play can still get the drops. But I havent seen any yet :(

That's the point. The drop rate is stupid low. No one should be able to do 100 HE's of the appropriate type (remo, raiders, prosp attack, beholder) and NOT get their gloves and mainhand.
  • Options
    krieg69krieg69 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    krieg69 wrote: »
    I've done well over 350 battles in IWD.

I've gotten my GF all the way through IWD with no drops at all. Gave up.

I've gotten my CW 85% of the way through with no drops at all. Gave up.

I've gotten my GWF 95% through and one MH drop from a beholder. I guess I'll casually try off & on for the gloves but really don't hold out much hope.

I got 3 other level 60 characters which I will push through IWD. I'll only be chasing the boons for them. The rest of the module can rot on the vine as far as I'm concerned.

UPDATE: I finally got the gloves to drop on Bear Rider Roundup two nights ago. In between now and my post above I got a 2nd MH and 3 useless items for another class which I couldn't sell or move to another character. I had to salvage them. Drops are rare enough, having that happen makes you want to damage your hardware LOL.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I've started switching KV on at HEs, that is how desperate I am.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    masizin777masizin777 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And you thought IWD was hard to get drops at... guess you haven't played to endgame in TOD
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    masizin777 wrote: »
    And you thought IWD was hard to get drops at... guess you haven't played to endgame in TOD

I've gotten one headdress (worth about 2k AD) on 3 toons since its launch. . .
  • Options
    kanotakikanotaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    prettycelt wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? THIS is their answer to the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> code that was handing out multiple bracers to some people and none to others? Are the programmers actual chimpanzees? You know the best part? I don't even intend to wear the Black Ice as my actual armor, I just want it for vanity, because the stats are inferior to High Vizier for a CW.

Oh dear, I went and said something negative, so how long do you think it will be before they remove this thread? Any bets?

You do realize that the Black Ice MH/Glove drops are not meant to be equipped immediately? They come out as T1 basic <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and are meant to be re-crafted to T2 via Black Ice Crafting and then T3 with additional Black Ice Empowerment.

sorry if I replied this really late.

Oh if anyone ever asked, I got my mainhand back in mid-October. Been running ProspAtt and Remo since then and still haven't got the gloves yet.
  • Options
    kriszbkriszb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    you are responding to posts on a thread made over 5 months ago..........

can a forum mod please close this thread?
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's still somewhat actual, because drop rates weren't changed AFAIK.