test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer Festival Event Returning to Neverwinter

Comments

• Options
    durgabhairavidurgabhairavi Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I consider this monumentally unfair.
    They should honor what they state.

100% agree
  • Options
    tripurantakatripurantaka Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    (...)
    They should honor what they state.

If they do not, they (PWE/Cryptic/Arc, whoever is running this NWO game) are just cheating their own user base.

If mounts, for example, are really BoP instead of BoE (which is stated in the game), people should know it from the start.

So, if it's true that currently these items/mounts/companions are BoP while stated BoE, the devs very easily can correct it --and they should. There is no excuse for not doing it.
  • Options
    mrmauveforummrmauveforum Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here you go, guys: let's actually do something about this instead of just pointing out that PWE should have some sense of ethics.

<<Link removed per rule 3.15>>
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Given all the noise that has been made about this, I really hope this will be fixed in tomorrow's patch, I do, however, expect the fix to be just a tooltip correction - saying the pig companion is BoP, for example.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The event was 1000 time better last year, you could do your dailies in about 10 minute since you did not have to wait for event end and the events themselves were a bit shorter. then I could enjoy the event with my main maybe try to win or something crazy. With 8 character it take me a minimum of 4 hours to do my dailies (assuming they give me credit for the events which seems to NOT happen a LOT) at which point I actually want to toss my laptop at a wall. don't even try to win anymore what's the point.

This was literally my favorite event of the last year, now it feel like one of the worst. forcing people to grind is not more content it is making the game feel like work. and it can sour even the most positive fanboi. Next year id advise maybe make the secondary dayly require only one or 2 events, or go back to last year' model. Don't make people regret having alts. Alts add to replay value of the game.
  • Options
    seongchuseongchu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    Given all the noise that has been made about this, I really hope this will be fixed in tomorrow's patch, I do, however, expect the fix to be just a tooltip correction - saying the pig companion is BoP, for example.
    Personally I feel this is a monumental lie!!!, they've known from the start that the items were BOP and not Boe but did not correct the information on it, how many people worked how many hrs. of they're life to achieve a goal based on what we were told would be the case only to find out that it was false and knowingly false from the start. I know I wouldn't buy a car from them , but I'm sure they expect everyone to continue to put hard earned Cash into a game only to be lied to , I for one will not invest any more into this game, if it cannot be found or made I just wont own it
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Did not and probably will not participate. Last year was great. Still baffled why delete all last years work, and still have things BoP.

You can pretty much copy paste this response into the winter event if things get deleted.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    really they didn't add the missing trowel with today's patch? nice to have a collection piece that is completely not available
  • Options
    fizbadfizbad Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So I'm coming back to cash in on my Summer Fest goodies and find maintenance that's going to extend past the expected end of the festival ticker. I'll be quite unhappy if all my grinding went for naught.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    there is another week of the festival
  • Options
    petestarkspetestarks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Don't trust *anything* you see in game anymore. Test on the playtest server. And then, don't be surprised if you still get the short end in-game.

That right there is the best advice ever, which is VERY sad. I too loved the fest last year, but this year it is a total mess. I recommend just trading pedals for stuff to make the food buff crafts. Remember that if you believe the tool tips blindly you are a fool and just learn from your mistakes/keep up on the forums.

WAIT!!!!! I think I figured it out!!!

Ok, now everyone was complaining how traps where poorly implemented and were not a serious threat? They put the traps back into the game in a much more devastating way! Buy a BoE pig pet? TRAP SPRUNG! Pre-order the Dragon pack? TRAP SPRUNG! *critical hit to wallet* :)

So maybe they are just being uber D&D with all these new "traps"? I just wish my TR had the skills to disarm them...
  • Options
    bureterbureter Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    YYY good IDEA fix event after event W_T F ?!!!
  • Options
    impmarimpmar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    fizbad wrote: »
    So I'm coming back to cash in on my Summer Fest goodies and find maintenance that's going to extend past the expected end of the festival ticker. I'll be quite unhappy if all my grinding went for naught.

It is now 7 minutes past the time they said it would be back up and running, leaves me a mere 23 minutes to turn in my Sune favors for the pig I have been working for days for ...
  • Options
    triangledmtriangledm Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    akemnos wrote: »
    there is another week of the festival

Those who actually looked at the calendar can attest, the event is one week longer than it appears. They created the last week separately, so the event timer says the summer event is ending, but actually it is just kicking into high-gear. The "Height Of Summer Festival" is a continuation with increased rewards, and presumably the ability to get more Favor Of Sune tokens as well. The Height should be active whenever the overdue maintenance ends.

EDIT: Meaning we can continue getting Sune Tokens, not that we can get them faster or more frequently.
    See next post.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    sune tokens do not double (or at least they did not last year)
  • Options
    celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I hope I don't lose all of my hard work.... just had one more day to cash in for the Sunite horse and Pig. I am hoping maybe they are fixing the BoP issue with the BoE stuffs. At least making it BtA.
  • Options
    triangledmtriangledm Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    By the way, on the "stupid mexican pinata" topic:
    Although piñatas are uniquely thought of as a fun activity for parties nowadays, they have a long, rich history. There is some debate but it appears that its origin is not Spanish but rather Chinese. The Chinese version was in the shape of a cow or ox and used for the New Year. It was decorated with symbols and colors meant to produce a favorable climate for the coming growing season. It was filled with five types of seeds and then hit with sticks of various colors. After the piñata was broken, the remains were burned and the ashes kept for good luck.
    -- Wendy Devlin (February 16, 2007). "History of the piñata"

EDIT: SERVER IS UP FOR ME!
  • Options
    glorygemmglorygemm Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Other 6 days of event???
  • Options
    heethinheethin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Anybody able to do the community a solid and confirm whether or not the pig and companions are BoE, after the patch?

No mention in patch notes released after patch today.
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Was hoping something besides just double petals/rewards from events would be part of it like last year when we got the hero feast at the height
  • Options
    petestarkspetestarks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As per another post they will not be fixing the tool tip anytime soon as it is a much larger issue than just the summer fest. Note that I said fix the tool tip because it is and always will be BoE based on everything that has been said on the matter I have found.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    The mounts are still BoP... I wish they would at least make them BtA >.<

Not sure if the companion is BoP or BoE
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    The mounts are still BoP... I wish they would at least make them BtA >.<

Not sure if the companion is BoP or BoE
    The pig companion is BoP. Check here for details. Also, read the OP here:
    Sticky: [Known Issue] Item's Tooltips Shown as BoE - Actually its BoP!

The bug isn't that they are supposed to be BoE. The bug is that they are being displayed incorrectly when on a Vendor. This is not an exclusive bug but is one that is more widespread. It's a known issue and is being looked into.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    heethinheethin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    petestarks wrote: »
    it is and always will be BoE.

They have been Bind on Pickup this year. You have a typo?

Thanks for the update Zebular.
  • Options
    kaylene420kaylene420 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So "The bug isn't that they are supposed to be BoE. The bug is that they are being displayed incorrectly when on a Vendor." This sound like too bad neverwinter, they said boe not bop. I don't care if it was a typo, that's not my fault and I shouldn't be punished because they messed up. Why is it on the player if someone at the company doesn't notice something as important as this kinda mistake. I agree that the festival mounts will probably never be unbound, and all that tells me is to be weary of what they say because obviously they will not keep to what they say, and just call it a "mistake".
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    The event was better last year. Why did they have to fix something that wasn't broken? -_- I wish they would make them at least BtA if they are worried about AD sales.
  • Options
    abdelamusabdelamus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This morning right before I went to work I used all my tokens on all characters to buy boars for everybody, then I used all my petals to buy weapon skin for one character and since my alts had only round 600 petals I bought stupid pinatas. I did it because the great event timer said event ends in 6 hours and both tokens and petals dissapear after 31 days. Now I come back from work to find out the event ends september 11th. Imagine the mood I am in right now.
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    abdelamus wrote: »
    This morning right before I went to work I used all my tokens on all characters to buy boars for everybody, then I used all my petals to buy weapon skin for one character and since my alts had only round 600 petals I bought stupid pinatas. I did it because the great event timer said event ends in 6 hours and both tokens and petals dissapear after 31 days. Now I come back from work to find out the event ends september 11th. Imagine the mood I am in right now.

Sorry.

a) It was mentioned several times within this thread, that the height come(only difference to the normal is double reward)
    b) Eventtimer from devpost say clear how long this event last.
    c) In the calendar it's clear how long it last.
    d) Neverwinter wiki show and explain the event.
  • Options
    karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is such a good event to stock up on all kinds of goodies. Thanks!
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I didn't find an existing thread to post these, but I thought I'd post some pics of the farmer & Sunite transmutes for reference, (if a moderator has a better location, please feel free to move this):

Farmer's shovel & trough for GFs:

entonshovelamptrough1.jpg

entonshovelamptrough2.jpg

Sunite symbol for DCs:

ashenfierceheartsunitesymbol1.jpg
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums