test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer Festival Event Returning to Neverwinter

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited September 2014 in News & Announcements
Hey Everyone,

Get your water balloons and prize pigs ready cause the Summer Festival is returning to Neverwinter! Check out all the new rewards you can earn including this awesome dragon pinata. #NWSummer

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/6009173

Thanks,

Dwight
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is the pinata a companion? The post didn't say.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cococya wrote: »

I don't recall, but I remember reading that it periodically spits stuff out. Either way, new News post tomorrow after Maintenance will give all the detail you need (except for how much grinding you'll have to complete to earn it). :)
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    fix the water balloon animation to be like it was for over a year. It is not as good now :)
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lwedar wrote: »
    fix the water balloon animation to be like it was for over a year. It is not as good now :)

Yeah the Water balloon animation is totally ruined at the moment , I'm guessing it has something to do with the new water fight event , we are getting new Water fight stuff too .

w5oaKBk.jpg

9BTKJfC.jpg
    cococya wrote: »

Its a consumable , you summon it then hit it for rewards

HjAFFbr.jpg
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

Get your water balloons and prize pigs ready cause the Summer Festival is returning to Neverwinter! Check out all the new rewards you can earn including this awesome dragon pinata. #NWSummer

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/6009173

Thanks,

Dwight

Can we(I) please really, really Q.Q and whining about hitting such a fun dragon Pinata?
    Is a mexican in your staff or how do you come with so a freaking funny Pinata hitting item? xD
    Is it the same like last year? Collecting flowers, slaying trolls and getting corn/pigs/chickens?

Edit: Is the Pinata a permanent consumable like tymora lucky coin/liira bell?
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    twitticlestwitticles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited August 2014
    valwryn wrote: »
    They still using the same currencies as last year? :p
    Considering they deleted all flowers from player inventories with the release of Mod 4, I sure don't hope so. I had around 15k flowers I legitimately farmed and then never got a chance to spend due to an unexpected hospital stay, was looking forward to have those if the event ever got recycled.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    summer-themed profession tasks? what are they?
    Could have told us a week ago so we can be ready!

There's nothing to get ready about. All resources have to be farmed at the events of this fest. :p
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    summer-themed profession tasks? what are they?
    Could have told us a week ago so we can be ready!

Link:

Midsummer Provisioning
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    twitticles wrote: »
    Considering they deleted all flowers from player inventories with the release of Mod 4.

lol wut? You don't take away curriencies players legitimately earned!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    eucatastrofeeucatastrofe Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I as well had over 10.000 flower peddels. I have a ticket running for over a week with support.
    First they told it was normal when a event ends some items get deleted.

I told them they were in my inventory for over a year.
    You can understand how big my suprice was when i saw the summer event being anounced today.
    Still in the reply i got on the same day they let us know the event will return. No knowledge has been shown of them knowing the event is comming back

I really can not apreciate this kind of action. It feels sneeky and slimy. On top off that when it is adressed to them in a ticket they deside not to just give a strait awnser and tell you how it really is.

How many people still have stuff from old events in there inventory? And for good reason becourse a lot of the event return after some time.

Is this really the only way this could have been handeled? Why rub players the wrong way.
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lwedar wrote: »

yer i missed out on ballon last time. i guess its not coming back :(
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yayy, fun event coming back.

But a note about this
    I as well had over 10.000 flower peddels. I have a ticket running for over a week with support.
    First they told it was normal when a event ends some items get deleted.

I told them they were in my inventory for over a year.
    You can understand how big my suprice was when i saw the summer event being anounced today.
    Still in the reply i got on the same day they let us know the event will return. No knowledge has been shown of them knowing the event is comming back

I really can not apreciate this kind of action. It feels sneeky and slimy. On top off that when it is adressed to them in a ticket they deside not to just give a strait awnser and tell you how it really is.

How many people still have stuff from old events in there inventory? And for good reason becourse a lot of the event return after some time.

Is this really the only way this could have been handeled? Why rub players the wrong way.

I know we are asking for things to stack, but dont just delete all that hard work. I know I missed out on turning in my winter event stuff cause my comp temp broke down. If I have to fish another 30 days I wont be happy. Cause fishing was boooorrring.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dodgo wrote: »
    yer i missed out on ballon last time. i guess its not coming back :(

Fret not. There will be bottomless waterskin, too. I was hoping for yet another sunite weapon for my CW, but we'll be having some farmer reskins. Ha! Will be hoarding piggies again!
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The pinata could be very interesting - imagine if when you dropped it, everyone just got 1-2 whacks at it, so all in the area can get a chance for its duration. It'd make it a really great party/team item.

I'm hoping they addressed some of tedious aspects, like endless fire blossom petal farming. I hope the farm weapons are nice - a cool pitchfork or shovel could work well, if done right.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    berylgreenberylgreen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited August 2014
    Deleting the flowers is annoying. I had some on two characters. Not enough for an item, but still - we earned them. I hope that they are putting them back with maintenance this morning, or this topic will become 75 pages of complaints.

I guess I had better take screenshots of the Winter currencies. And my fish! I have the purple and blue fish in my bank, got rid of the others.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Due to the fact I always go on vacation around the new year, I wasn't able to participate for more than a few days in the Winter Festival - not long enough to get any of the items I wanted - I just expected to be able to continue a year later, but if my currency items get deleted just like that, I will be pretty annoyed.

Summer festival is not an issue for me...had only a handful of flowers etc leftover once I had gotten all the stuff I wanted (several sets of fashin otems, armored boar and the waterballoon).... still missing that blue ribbon pig, though - was going to get that this year.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    germmaniacgermmaniac Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    berylgreen wrote: »
    Deleting the flowers is annoying. I had some on two characters. Not enough for an item, but still - we earned them. I hope that they are putting them back with maintenance this morning, or this topic will become 75 pages of complaints.

I guess I had better take screenshots of the Winter currencies. And my fish! I have the purple and blue fish in my bank, got rid of the others.

Guess my enthusiasm for farming stuff for these events might drop into the negative range. Considering all the time spent in farming those petals, only to have it wiped out, just before the event. Very sneaky.
    So yes, hope it was a glitch and add the petals back to provide some motivation again. :/
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I bought some leftover Summer Provisioning supplies from the Auction House last week.

This is an AWESOME event that doesn't take a lot of time for dailies - especially if you team up with a buddy or two.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    laughingchampionlaughingchampion Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thank you for bringing back the Summer festival! It has a great feel to it and offers a rather nice respite from the daily grind :)

The pig is my all-time favorite mount and I am looking forward to earning it for the toons I didn't have last time. And some Sunite outfits of course.

Please make the festival longer, and festivals in general. I was on vacation for the last event and couldn't participate at all. I really wanted to get that new mount :( The summer festival could last a month easy!

Thank you,
    Philip
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    After looking into the event, it just suck.
    The Pinata is a useless - buy it every time you will hit it - item one time consumable instead of a high cost permanent one.
    What is new? I think the normal horse.(I remember only the two pigmounts)
    Then the farmergear...
    Pinata...
    Anything else? Two new permanent water splashes? (Wasn't it so, that you could craft one last year with the temp profession???)
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Are people required to transfer Zen into the game once each day
    for each of the drawings? Or does one transfer at any point make
    you eligible for all the remaining drawings?
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    obsiddia wrote: »
    Are people required to transfer Zen into the game once each day
    for each of the drawings? Or does one transfer at any point make
    you eligible for all the remaining drawings?

I was wondering the same thing.
  • Options
    everwinterhearteverwinterheart Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ah, they've deleted last year's petals. that's very kind of you. I guess I pass this event like any other.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    akemnos wrote: »
    I was wondering the same thing.
    Hopefully a Mod or Dev will check and clarify the rule page.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    Can we(I) please really, really Q.Q and whining about hitting such a fun dragon Pinata?
    Is a mexican in your staff or how do you come with so a freaking funny Pinata hitting item? xD
    Is it the same like last year? Collecting flowers, slaying trolls and getting corn/pigs/chickens?

Edit: Is the Pinata a permanent consumable like tymora lucky coin/liira bell?

They make MMOs, I'm guessing making a consumable item is a lot easier then making pinatas for dungeons and raids.
  • Options
    psychicslugpsychicslug Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I like the fact they wiped to stuff away gives everyone an even starting point. After all its just a game and I for one just want to have an item for a character and to have fun adventuring.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I'd like them to wipe my Winter stuff so I have room. I can't get rid of the 4 module items.
    (Dropped all I could.)

Or.... More Room in the inventory!
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    for those wanting a real dragon pinata i just found a youtube link telling how to make one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt3F6wziycs
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007