test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Festival Event Returning to Neverwinter

Comments

• lortechlortech Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited August 2014
    So, in-game the Summer Festival is shown as having 13 days and some-odd hours left in the area above the quest tracker and when that is clicked on, the description shows it as ending on September 4th. The Summer Festival area on the travel map, however shows it as still having 20 days, "x" hours left and the announcement here on the site still has it ending on the day originally posted.

My question is: What's up with that?
    "One day I will leave this world and dream myself to reality"--Chief Crazy Horse

"Do what thou Whilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the Law, Love under Will."--Aleister Crowley
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    lortech wrote: »
    So, in-game the Summer Festival is shown as having 13 days and some-odd hours left in the area above the quest tracker and when that is clicked on, the description shows it as ending on September 4th. The Summer Festival area on the travel map, however shows it as still having 20 days, "x" hours left and the announcement here on the site still has it ending on the day originally posted.

My question is: What's up with that?

As a player, that participated last year I give you the links to read through:

Wiki Summer Festival event

Patchnotes for the Festival Height:

Patchnotes Height of the Summer Festival

So comparing the situation now to the last one:
    Pinata is new.
    The Sunite Steed.
    Farmer's Gear.
    Everlasting Water Bucket.
    Decanter of Endless Water.
    Hero's Feast is already producible.
    So maybe the only change with the Height of Summer Festival will be the double Fireblossom Petals Reward.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't like the fact that they removed the herding/corn gathering from the activities. Now you always have to complete at least one event. Can Kill trolls and still gather flowers but have to do feast, grillin, or water fight events.
  • merlecoreymerlecorey Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    empalas wrote: »
    I don't like the fact that they removed the herding/corn gathering from the activities. Now you always have to complete at least one event. Can Kill trolls and still gather flowers but have to do feast, grillin, or water fight events.

The "feast" is the herding/corn gathering activity. Basically, there are four activities - three scheduled, one persistent.

The scheduled activities are:

Herding animals/harvesting corn
    Killing the trolls
    Water fight

The persistent activity is picking flowers.

So if you're picking flowers and killing trolls then want to herd as well, you're already set.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yes I know but last year you didn't have to do the event to do the harvesting/herding activity. The events last year weren't included as the activities to do. It was like the winter festival which you didn't have to wait around to do the actual events to complete the activities.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    merlecorey wrote: »
    The "feast" is the herding/corn gathering activity. Basically, there are four activities - three scheduled, one persistent.

The scheduled activities are:

Herding animals/harvesting corn
    Killing the trolls
    Water fight

The persistent activity is picking flowers.

So if you're picking flowers and killing trolls then want to herd as well, you're already set.

To clarify this what empalas said:
    You should herd 4(or something like that) pigs/chicken + gather and bring 10 corn. This was without the event active.
    Mostly you did this while it was active and then go afk/farm flowers for the pig.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The difference is last year, you could get credit for the daily by doing the activities even without a running event. You just needed to do a small sampling of the event, 15 flowers, 10 corn, 15 trolls. You could do them, and get daily credit, at any time, weather it was the actitve event or not.

This year, you have no other choice but to run at least 2 events to completion. It just makes getting the daily done take far more time then it used to.
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I asked on Twitter and they confirmed you have to transfer zen each day to enter for the priestess.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    naicalus wrote: »
    I asked on Twitter and they confirmed you have to transfer zen each day to enter for the priestess.
    Thank you! :)
    Was just going to pm Akro to ask... and he's prolly busy.

Now I wish I had more money for it. Or at least a Zen sale would start
    during the Festival.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • lortechlortech Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited August 2014
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    As a player, that participated last year I give you the links to read through:

Wiki Summer Festival event

Ah...so it looka likey the last week is still part of the Summer Festival and the timers were not set up incorrectly. Just in a confusing manner with no explanation. Strange decision on disseminating information.

Whatever though, as long as I have plenty of time for the prize pig and red haired horse mounts, I'm good to go. I'ma represent me some redhead. :) Funny that the parts of the horse that aren't red are very pale. Heh, some people try to give me advice on tanning. They don't seem to understand that it just doesn't work.

Also, ty ladysylvia.
    "One day I will leave this world and dream myself to reality"--Chief Crazy Horse

"Do what thou Whilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the Law, Love under Will."--Aleister Crowley
  • vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Some comments
    Good: the Transmutes are BtA
    : Pinata (BoP) has chance for Curio and therefore Belt (BtA)

Bad: Tooltip for water toys is incorrect - Tip says BoE, but they are BoP
    : Hero's and Grand Summer Feasts are now BoP
    If PWE wanted them out of the Auction House, at least make them BoA
    : Tooltip fpr mounts is wrong - the boar, prize pig and steed are BoP.
    Why couldn't they have been BtA like the Transmutes ?

Ugly: The unannounced and retroactive making of LAST summers Hero's and Grand Summers Feasts Bound to Character
    Again, making them BtA would have been sufficient to remove the possibility of selling them on Auction House but would have still allowed players to use their hard earned items.

UPDATE: Patch notes for the Preview Server 8/25/2014
    Items and Economy
    - Feasts are no longer Bind on Pickup.

Not amused, All banked Feasts from Last years event are still Bound to Character AND those made Aug 21-27 2014 are Bound to Character as well

Update 8/29
    The Pig Companion was reported to be BoE before the 8/28 patch and now is BoP
    Really ???? This is absurd.
  • arijaniarijani Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wouldn't be so sure about that.

I bought a boar seeing how much it was worth on the AH i used some of my tarmalune bars to get 5 favors...
    It's BoP...
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is a bad design. What if you wanted to give a friend a mount who can't grind this?
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    4 people won the Sunite Priestess twice. I wish I had that luck to win it even once!
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    vattara wrote: »
    Some comments
    Good: the boar, prize pig and steed are BoE
    : the Transmutes are BtA

Ugly: The unannounced and retroactive making of LAST summers Hero's and Grand Summers Feasts Bound to Character
    Again, making them BtA would have been sufficient to remove the possibility of selling them on Auction House but would have still allowed players to use their hard earned items.

The boar, pig and Steed are not BoE. They are BoP and the tooltip is wrong.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    stah01 wrote: »
    The boar, pig and Steed are not BoE. They are BoP and the tooltip is wrong.
    I've corrected that now. I tried to login back in to do so the other day but the forums were glitched.
  • bhurabbhurab Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Any chance that the uncommon / green mounts generally available from events could allow a free "change appearance" for mounts? Have you considered introducing this? Just an idea, considering a lot of people have purple / 110% mounts, and it would be great to have a new look now and then... after all, there must be some wizard with amazing transmuting / alchemical powers that can alter the appearance of a mount, or capture this essence into some small potion that would be tasty to mounts? ;)
  • jennyavarieljennyavariel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 167
    edited August 2014
    bhurab wrote: »
    Any chance that the uncommon / green mounts generally available from events could allow a free "change appearance" for mounts? Have you considered introducing this? Just an idea, considering a lot of people have purple / 110% mounts, and it would be great to have a new look now and then... after all, there must be some wizard with amazing transmuting / alchemical powers that can alter the appearance of a mount, or capture this essence into some small potion that would be tasty to mounts? ;)

No chance at all.

The cost of mount training is being reduced with the Thursday patch. You'll be able to upgrade your green mount to a purple for 2 million AD.

If you want your prize piggy, or your sunite horse to be 'epic', you'll be able to *sink* a couple of million AD to get it done :)
  • wolfrayne13wolfrayne13 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

Get your water balloons and prize pigs ready cause the Summer Festival is returning to Neverwinter! Check out all the new rewards you can earn including this awesome dragon pinata. #NWSummer

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/6009173

Thanks,

Dwight

Does anyone know if the event will be extended since there seem to be a lot of players unable to participate in the event and regular gameplay due to the constant crashing?
  • daalydaaly Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Does anyone know if the event will be extended since there seem to be a lot of players unable to participate in the event and regular gameplay due to the constant crashing?

Hope so but who knows.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    daaly wrote: »
    Hope so but who knows.

If people looked at the calendar this weeks ending is just the ending of the beginning, the summer festival is going to go on for a bit longer.
  • floppyslipperfloppyslipper Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    vattara wrote: »
    Some comments
    Good: the Transmutes are BtA

: Tooltip fpr mounts is wrong - the boar, prize pig and steed are BoP.
    Why couldn't they have been BtA like the Transmutes ?

UPDATE: Patch notes for the Preview Server 8/25/2014

Not amused, All banked Feasts from Last years event are still Bound to Character AND those made Aug 21-27 2014 are Bound to Character as well

The pig companion is BOP. Even though it says BOE, it is not. After countless hours spend grinding flowers for petals, I bought one for 4200 petals. Was going to give it to one of my alts, cos after all, it was advertised as BOE. Now I'm stuck with it.
    And the pig mount, bought with extra favors by spending trade bars... same thing.
    I consider this monumentally unfair.
    They should honor what they state.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Claiming that the items are BoE when they are in fact BoP is the reason I am not bothering with this event at all. Last year I thought it was simply the second best event of the game (after Respen's, of course). THis year, it is just a mediocre so-so, because of this.

Why does this keep happening? Events are great one year, then they get nerfed into...well...sub-par quality. I don't recall seeing a recurring event actually being improved.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • translucentwolftranslucentwolf Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    Claiming that the items are BoE when they are in fact BoP is the reason I am not bothering with this event at all. Last year I thought it was simply the second best event of the game (after Respen's, of course). THis year, it is just a mediocre so-so, because of this.

Why does this keep happening? Events are great one year, then they get nerfed into...well...sub-par quality. I don't recall seeing a recurring event actually being improved.

The Gond event was designed to be a money suck. You needed to buy blueprints to get it done.

The rewards aren't worth the effort. The 15 favor horse mount is poorly rendered.

This even is a straight up time suck. Emphasis on 'suck'.
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So everything is BoP to character or account? I hope it is at least the latter so I can do as planned and give my alts the rewards. I do know for a fact though that the Sunite garb and transmutes are BoE.
    edited August 2014
    Those are the *only* BoA things. The water items, and the mounts, and the pig companion are all bind on pickup.

The 10 favor 'boar' is semi cool looking.

The rest of the stuff in this event is a waste of time.
  • zululazulula Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, I just made a costly mistake! I double checked the vendor and saw that the pig companion was BOE...so, hoping it to be a good investment to make a little AD, I used almost 200 Trade-bars to acquire enough Favors of Sune to purchase the pig companion. When it arrived in my inventory, it was bound to me! It's false advertising and I want my trade bars back!!
    edited August 2014
    Don't trust *anything* you see in game anymore. Test on the playtest server. And then, don't be surprised if you still get the short end in-game.
  • sierrak85sierrak85 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Also bought the armored boar for a friend, thinking it would be BoE and I could give it to her (she just started playing halfway through the event). It's BoP. Is there even a remote chance they will fix this?
  • durgabhairavidurgabhairavi Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I consider this monumentally unfair.
    They should honor what they state.

100% agree