test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server outage 8/28/14

Comments

• ariakaituariakaitu Member Posts: 75
    edited August 2014
    01:31 pm PST (Moses Lake, WA, USA) i can feel the effects more strongly now. My mind drifts for moments at a time. The only thing that brings me out of my daydream is the changing of the screen, requesting my access code. I'm beginning to wonder if it is in cahoots with the Boredom. I tried asking it if it would leave my house alone, but it merely faced my direction briefly before focusing its attention on the holes its making. my back door now resembles some kind of magical clear swiss cheese. There must be at least 15 holes in it, ranging from golfball sized, all the way to serving plate sized. But it's not coming inside yet. I think it needs a similarly sized hole for it to enter.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We have gotten off topic.

Better harmless fun than an over engulfing flame war.
  • grinnoirgrinnoir Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Do you hear the players sing?
    it is the song of idle hands
    it is the music of the players who will not hit refresh again!

When the swinging of your sword
    echoes the movements of your mouse
    There is a life about to start when the shard reboots
    Gheltire Leafshadow - "All those who wander are not lost, they might be doing a corpse run"
  • mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    That's not pvp. That's some invisible d bag jacking people. Rogues are garbage. It aint skill to stay invis and wait for abilities to pop. Especially a geared one.

Someone could say that about GWF too or CW or just about any class. Still I have seen pretty many completely useless rogues and some incredibly good ones with low GS and some incredibly OHK ones with good GS and perma stealth. PvP is mostly about equipment anyways and with topped gear and blue dragon glyphs even the worst player could shine, where with crappy gear even the best player would be barely decent. How do you suppose to correct that without taking all the fun out of the game? Remeber that there are aleady enough XO servers and minesweeper servers where everybody has only advantage of their greater thinking capacity as edge.

PS. I thought GWF as pretty mindless class too until I made one...
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Girlfriend wants to play something else lol.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    isnt that what they usually do ? :D

Maybe, but then again they don't give it a spin with a drill either (BTW: it's a reference from a console RPG, "Tales of..." fans should get it easily)
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • horowatahorowata Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well two thousand and fourteen is actually wrong as the "and" implies a decimal space, it would be proper to say it two thousand fourteen if we were to use words but by that point most sane people just use numbers ;)

lawl...."and" implies a decimal space...
    srly? and i thought that "and" implies a plus ;) how could i be so wrong for such a long time...

just for a bit more absurd "and" interpretations...ask some french ppl how they say 99 ;)
    edited August 2014
    We have gotten off topic.

not really, im still talking about the server's being offline and how it affects me, just not in so much of a whining please fix this rant. Im providing a refreshing ( apparently) form of entertainment while still keeping track of how long its been down
  • tsukasamcptsukasamcp Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Personal date format preferences:

Be on time.
    Smile.
    Be single.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I can only play this game once or twice a week thanks to my girlfriend and every time there is either a maintenance or a server crush. I started to suspect she has something to do with this.

Girlfriend wants to play something else lol.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• phr33d0m123phr33d0m123 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    horowata wrote: »
    srly? and i thought that "and" implies a plus ;) how could i be so wrong for such a long time...

just for a bit more absurd "and" interpretations...ask some french ppl how they say 99 ;)

Transliteration of 99 in french is something like: four-twenties-ten-nine iirc (the only thing having a french exgf contributed)
  • shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just came home and found this.

Any luck finding out when it's going to be up?
    Don't want to loose 6 days of prayer on my 5 chars (
  • triangledmtriangledm Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And has always been used to express the decimal place in mathematics. I know that's what I learned in my 7th grade American math class. We use it wrong a LOT, but it means decimal. It could ALSO be used to suggest addition, but I believe that would be informal.

EDIT: That's why when you write a check you write it as "Yadda dollars AND yadda cents."
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Hey I like the metric system but your date format is weird. The american date format just follows the same format as conversation. If someone was to ask you what the date was you might respond with say an August twenty-eighth, or September first. You don't respond with a twenty-eighth of August in modern casual language.

Well, there are other languages than english, many of them go dd/mm/yy. As far as I remember we learned 23rd ... 2014 as correct form. Cant say anything about casual language, bc I learned english as a foreign language. Native speakes claimed, that my english sounds 'bookish'.^^
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • huajia2huajia2 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Was gathering flowers, and low on life thanks to the kobolds. Last time I got booted off in a fight, my character was dead when I logged back on. I really hope that doesn't happen again.
    edited August 2014
    01:40 pm PST (Moses Lake, WA, USA) I thought about offering the Boredom a game of Connect Four, considering my sliding glass is dual paned, but then i realized i dont own that game. It made me laugh and broke me of my drowsiness. The Boredom is winning. Slowly, but surely it will find a way to enter my house. Still no sign of the little one that broke off, perhaps my devotion to this digital log vanquished it. Not sure. Too worried about the large one to go in search for the little Boredom. I can only hope it has faded. Please, someone help. This is a battle im not sure i will win today. My neighbor can't see it. That much was affirmed when she was outside. She looked right towards the door. My venetian blinds hid me from her, but she didn't recoil in fear at the Boredom. So she can't see it.
    edited August 2014
    22.28(maybe) GMT (Sweden) I haven't finished my dailies yet. The bitter feelings of regret are eating at me. Why do I bother with a social life?
    I could have been a god! I fear that Boredom has found my open window. I can feel its precense. This thread is the only thing that keeps me going.. But where am I heading? Will Boredom consume me before I get to slay another dragon? Will I ever get to upgrade my artifacts?
    Another day will dawn and my dailies will be lost forever.

my use of the log seems to keep it at bay, though only so much. My door looks like clear swiss cheese.
    edited August 2014
    There has been a disturbance ariakaitu

now longer does it attempt to connect to the login server repeatedly

is change a good thing?
  • passionbreezepassionbreeze Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have resorted to listening to Caramell Dansen and various mindnumbing nightcore in order to stave off boredom...........
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ariakaitu wrote: »
    my use of the log seems to keep it at bay, though only so much. My door looks like clear swiss cheese.

The little one is about to make a whole in the breaker box so that you can no longer keep this log.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    This is me wishing I hadn't decided to leave invocation until after dinner!
  • tevinichtevinich Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And means plus point mean decimal it is a myth that and means decimal when u write a check using and means ur adding the cents to the dollar amount but saying 2 thousand and 14 = 2014 since adding together if u said 2 thousand point 14 u would get 2000.14
  • shatteredspoonshatteredspoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    22.50 GMT (Sweden) I hope that Ariakaitu finds a way banquish this foul beast. I can't seem to find any hope to fight this monster by myself. I tried searching for a cure on my Facebook-wall. It was as uninteresting as usual.. It kept my mind of the Thing for about five minutes. I find comfort in this thread of randoms. Meatloaf.
    Yours truly.
    Add a drop of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it~
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    horowata wrote: »

"And" can be additive when implying math, but we aren't implying math.
    edited August 2014
    01:50 pm PST (Moses Lake, WA, USA) Several people have run across my log. I fear there are more than one of the Boredoms. At least one other claims to have one plaguing him. A 6th, has at the very least, assuaged my fear that the Boredom has interfered with my access code. I thought somehow it had separated me from that, yet someone kindly thought to notify me that it is not only me who has lost the ability to enter their access code. Everyone who uses this server is stuck. Thank god. Ive tried placing cardboard in front of the larger collection of holes in my glass door, but the Boredom merely pushes it over. It is , however, afraid of the Gerbil i put in it's ball. I thought if i had to run for it, scooping up the plastic ball would be easier than trying to catch the bugger. His brothers refer to bite rather than play, so the Boredom can have them. I shall take Gizmo with me if need be. The Boredom seems to leap back in fear, a recoiling mass of seething despair, whenever Gizmo bumps into the glass.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    is the issue known why the server is down?
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So, seriously, can someone say whether it's worth waiting (approximate time) or nothing known at all?
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    karakla1 wrote: »
    is the issue known why the server is down?

Kobold insurrection.
  • shatteredspoonshatteredspoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    shadevp wrote: »
    So, seriously, can someone say whether it's worth waiting (approximate time) or nothing known at all?
    Now.. About 7 min. :3
    Add a drop of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it~
    edited August 2014
    in 5 min, the hour will be up, I'm guessing we'll have a new estimate by then :)
This discussion has been closed.