Install Arc
Options

Hunter Ranger Guide

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well after doing some tinkering on Preview with my HR I'm happy that Archery Stormwarden seems to be viable for PvE still (again?), we will see what finally goes live.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well after doing some tinkering on Preview with my HR I'm happy that Archery Stormwarden seems to be viable for PvE still (again?), we will see what finally goes live.
    I think for PvE this will be the best build. PF doesn't bring much to the party for an all-ranged PvE toon. DPS is pretty impressive but survivability considerably less so if anything reaches you alive.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think for PvE this will be the best build. PF doesn't bring much to the party for an all-ranged PvE toon. DPS is pretty impressive but survivability considerably less so if anything reaches you alive.

That´s why I still prefer to be a Pathfinder even on Preview. Cruel Recover makes quite some difference in survivability when coupled with Rain of Arrows.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That´s why I still prefer to be a Pathfinder even on Preview. Cruel Recover makes quite some difference in survivability when coupled with Rain of Arrows.
    Yeah I had some luck with CR in PvP on Live. I could never quite work out how it was working though. On the face of it that small amount of temporary HP should be insignificant but somehow it works like an extra charge of Barkshield that's refreshed on crit.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    greensaigreensai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 39
    edited August 2014
    So if I turn my Wood elf hunter into a draco, should I still aim for the stats to be Roll 20Dex 15Wis 13Str??
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    greensai wrote: »
    So if I turn my Wood elf hunter into a draco, should I still aim for the stats to be Roll 20Dex 15Wis 13Str??

I'm hoping to get the Dragonborn Slayer title soon with everyone jumping on the new race bandwagon. Soon all we'll see in pvp are halflings and geccos.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    From a combat stand point imma turn my wood elf into a dragonborn
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    voltomey wrote: »
    From a combat stand point imma turn my wood elf into a dragonborn

Thought same .What do you think as rolls as final stats ?
  • Options
    mallaphaarmallaphaar Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    How bad do you think the nerf to wild medicine will be? I'm looking forward to playingn a viable melee HR. Im just lost on what stats I should prioritize.
  • Options
    levdbronsteinlevdbronstein Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Speaking of melee HRs, has anyone noticed how much aimed strike underperforms? My damage rarely tops 1000 even though the description says that the min for lvl 3 is 4700. Rain of Swords consistently underperforms too. Am I not understanding how the damage is calculated?
  • Options
    trubushidotrubushido Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm sure this isn't the place for this, but someone might know: Where do we put suggestions for characters?
    If anyone cares to hear the suggestion its this- Have weapon switching for HR not be locked out during a stun or knock back.
    DC- Clerice, Gwf-Peevey, HR- Shaft Roundtree, CW-Hoarton, TR- Toe Jam
  • Options
    viirukkinviirukkin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So yeaaaaaa...... I've never heard of The Shadow Tracker set, can someone show me it and were and how to get it?
  • Options
    jasonite2014jasonite2014 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When does the next preview patch drop?