test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event Discussion: 'Wonders of Gond'

Comments

• akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    you have to refine the grommets. once you refine them they will upgrade like enchantments. the higher the level of the "grommet" the higher rank reward you can turn them in for.
  • nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Anyone get a blacksmith companion from the event? Shows a purple blacksmith companion as a potential reward, I wonder if that is yet another false advertisement and it really is blue like the zen store version?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Gateway doesn't display tiered results properly on any task that has quantities of things as the tiers instead of a different item. It's not just the event.

What previous event has even had crafting since the curios were introduced? If it's an event with a chest, they stick it in there, but other events have included them in various ways.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 847 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I collected 96 grommets before I decided to give up (Though it wasn't a complete waste, as I was (still) working on my Dread Ring and Sharandar dailies). I could see that there was no possibility I would have the strength of will to put in enough hours to gain a worthwhile reward. A shame, but there's no way I personally would find it worth the time and/or expense - Not without a guaranteed payout.
  • arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ok lets sum this up quickly

From wonderous Gizmo takes - Roughly 3,2k Refine points - Each sprocket gives you 5 refinement points.
    After the upgrade to thingamabob - its take about 12.5k refining points to upgrade.

If you roughly farm for the sprockets to upgrade from start to finish with only the sprockets it will take about +_ 28 Hours to get.

Then after you give it in, you stand a chance to win a good item, but with neverwinters RNG drop so bad, you will properly get 5 preservation wards, and that would mean you spend 28 hour of your life to get 5 pres wards.

The idea about events is to have fun while we play the game not to force people to grind for something they might not even get, or force people to buy Zen with real money seeing that you won't get Zen, because Zen backlog is more than 9.6m in back log. You can't buy the blueprints from the AH because people are exploiting the prices as ever.

So to sum this event up, either you spend money and get the blueprints to speed the process up or you farm +_ 28 hours to stand a change to win a price that you might not even get.

Properly the worst event that Neverwinter ever hosted. Not wasting my time on this event.
  • runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    akemnos wrote: »
    you have to refine the grommets. once you refine them they will upgrade like enchantments. the higher the level of the "grommet" the higher rank reward you can turn them in for.

Umm sorry. I have one more question. How do you refine grommets, and what are they refined with?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    . . . From what I am told, grommets are obtained through monster drops. Higher quality grommets and other items are gained either through refinement or profession tasks. Never-the-less, the Developers are checking to make sure everything is working properly.

magenubbie wrote: »
    Same goes for foundry farming. Nothing but grommets. Must be another "typo" like the 500 in the dragonborn ad.

What is this that you believe is a Typo in the Gond article?

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • henzo31plhenzo31pl Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    17275 Total RP / 5 if feed by grommet with no crit = 3455 (total amout of grommet from rank 1 to 7)
    3455 grommets with internal loot cooldown 30 sec (120 per hour),(2880 per 24 h of non stop farm) total 28.7 h of farm(keep going no life and try loot this pro grommets)
    now calculate in zen value
    110 zen= 1800 RP(you need total 10 pack to fully refine from rank 1 to 7)
    10 packs = 1100 zen=10$
    you can earn 7.25$ per hour in minimal pay in usa
    So this event is total PAY 2 WIN and trying loot this items in normal way is waste of time becouse for 1100 zen you save 28 hours of life
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    runonnike wrote: »
    Umm sorry. I have one more question. How do you refine grommets, and what are they refined with?
    Double left-click the grommet or right-click it and select "Refine" (just like runes and enchantments). You feed them other grommets.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    runonnike wrote: »

You can only refine them with other grommets or the special Gond refinement items (like the bluperint in the Zen store for 110Z a pop for 1800 RPs). There are also level 6 tasks in the various craft professions that can give you some refinement items, (takes 2hrs a pop).

Meh... I spent the Zen to get a costume set - only took 3 blueprints - so got a costume set for 330 Zen.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Does anyone have a compiled list of refining mats needed from Rank 1 to 7 for the Doohickey?

Thanks, Trace.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
    edited July 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Never-the-less, the Developers are checking to make sure everything is working properly.
    Update:
    . . . I just got word of the following which may help to better understand things:

. . . Higher level grommets can only be crafted or upgraded to. Rank 1s are the ones that drop from monsters.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Update:
    . . . I just got word of the following which may help to better understand things:

. . . Higher level grommets can only be crafted or upgraded to. Rank 1s are the ones that drop from monsters.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator

Well great, could you check with them what quality blacksmith companion the wonders pack can drop? Purple as shown or blue as known?
  • hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Is the Crafting a Rare task? I just looked at all my maxed Professions and didnt see one.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    hexanna22 wrote: »
    Is the Crafting a Rare task? I just looked at all my maxed Professions and didnt see one.

You do not craft.

You simply refine your doohickey or wondrous cog etc
  • catchtheteemocatchtheteemo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't know why I expected to get anything other than the absolute lowest possible award form the Creations of Wonder pack. Easily the most time-consuming, bothersome way to get a Gizmo and some Preservation Wards. *sigh* Upgraded the Gizmo for my Blacksmith Fashion set and I'm out. Thanks but no thanks, Wonders of Gond event.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Level 6 common task, with some hefty resource requirements.
    You do not craft.

You are able to craft a level three cog to use for refining.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

edited July 2014

No it's regular lvl 6 but only some professions get it, not all of them.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Search for special. It's not a rare but it may only pop up at certain times as if it was a rare. Not completely sure by that.
    You do not craft.

No but you can craft. It only gives you a rank 3+extras, but also gives you a chance of getting an ancient curio.
    nevawinna wrote: »
    No it's regular lvl 6 but only some professions get it, not all of them.
    Leadership and black ice shaping don't, the others do though require different ingredients.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nvm
    edit/10char
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah the crafting prices are really expensive, farming 45 refining points (9 x rank 1) is faster then crafting and cheaper (in addition to all the other stuff i can gather and the only thing i need is patients)
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • theskymovestheskymoves Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dodgo wrote: »
    anyone seen any doohickeys on the AH or did they forget to add them to the table again?

Doohickeys are in the Miscellaneous section of the AH. There are currently about 20 available, with a buyout range of 1.48 million AD to 5.5 mil.
  • arkanis555arkanis555 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    In addition to finding the Wondrous items via the creatures of the Forgotten Realms, a limited time profession task will be introduced which players can create the Rank 3 Sprocket along with lower tier Wondrous event items.

So you hide it in other professions just for fun ?
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014

The crafting tasks I saw had the word "SPECIAL" in the title, filter by that in the crafting window. Obviously make sure you're displaying all tasks included those you may not have the resources for.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Cost me 1100 zen, and about 200k in upgrade material, but I have a doohickey !

Very happy with it too. ;)

Plz note, you'd have to be absolutely crazy to trade it in at the vendor for a chance to pull a mount out of the wonder bag. Equip it, throw it at people. Fun.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • niburu2012niburu2012 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Is there a list of resources needed to upgrade the little event thing dropped by the mobs from rank 1 to rank 7 we can look at ?
  • crimpatulcrimpatul Member Posts: 197
    edited July 2014
    To craft a Doohickey from level 6 to 7:+12000 refinning points.

That is craft 266 sprockets...

This is crazy. Im not happy or excited with the event.

Edit: 266 sprocket with leatherworking is 26.000 simple leathers.

¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?

Is this a joke?
  • niburu2012niburu2012 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    crimpatul wrote: »
    To craft a Doohickey from level 6 to 7:+12000 refinning points.

That is craft 266 sprockets...

This is crazy. Im not happy or excited with the event.

Edit: 266 sprocket with leatherworking is 26.000 simple leathers.

¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?

Is this a joke?

Simple leather sells for more than 200 each from the AH and there are only 3k-ish available.

Assuming your calculation is correct, it takes 26,000 x 200 = 5.2 million AD just to get a rank 6 event item to rank 7 Doohickey.

However, the cheapest Doohickey goes for 1.475 million AD in the AH. Obviously, it makes no sense to spend the time to craft it yourself as well as buy or farm the refinement items.

Even if you want to lose money and time crafting all the way, you still won't be able to do so since even if you buy out all the simple leathers in the AH, you still only have a little more than 10% of the required resources.

Curious mind ponders how the economics of this event works...
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Get it: The Apparatus is a ZEN mount, not an event mount.

Unless you are heavily botting, there is no way you make enough Doohickeys to get the mount. All mounts you are seeing right now are from Blueprints.

I think a player should be able to get the top tier reward with reasonable effort and time investment. Considering that, the event is a total fail.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    niburu2012 wrote: »
    Is there a list of resources needed to upgrade the little event thing dropped by the mobs from rank 1 to rank 7 we can look at ?

Yes - a list of the complete set of reagents and RP would be very useful as the wiki doesn't have the information either. :(
This discussion has been closed.