What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.15.20140707a.7

Comments

• Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Had a feeling the reduction in the BI enhancements from kessels would be more than just modest reduction. Based on a few runs...I'd say if you would roll for 20 (rank 4 & 5) you now are rolling for 4. About an 80% reduction in the drop rate from I was seeing previous.
  • Options
    ennteaenntea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    omg, and I just mobilized most of my enchants into keys in preparation for mod4 while I get friendly with my SW on preview shard... and after opening 15k lockboxes on preview, I never want to open another one again, the drop rates are miserable. Thanks for slaughtering that plan.
  • Options
    faithkeeper85faithkeeper85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Few days ago farming enchants gave me about 2-3 blues and 5-7 greens from heroic encounter. Yesterday after 6 heroic encounters i had 3 blue and 7 greens... i would understand reduction by 20% but not so much.
  • Options
    zarkanbrzarkanbr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    BoP broke the economy in the game.. It's horrible. There are other ways to evade issues.
    And it's really bad, I waste a lot with keys, and it's written "Tradeable with players", bellow the key in Zen Market. This screenshot is from 10min ago. (Negociável com jogadores = Tradeable with players, but in portuguese.)
    fa0e9c.png
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    We all love wasting our time in this game so it's not surprising to find out that when I get to the end of the DR Lair with my Mithril Gauntlet that the Arcane Coffer is empty for the past two days!!! Not only that, kits are also empty since the CTA. FIX. IT. PLEASE!
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    daclickdaclick Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What did you do to Dungeon Chests? are we not allowed to run same place back to back during DD ro at all? I ran FH this morning and again this afternoon and 2nd time chest was not unlocked. Same thing yesterday.....
  • Options
    celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've noticed a few empty nodes as well
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've noticed a few empty nodes as well

They are not actually empty - just items are not shown. If you click loot all button, you will get loot - look into your inventory or messages/icons going on bottom right part of screen.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I have noticed the only items that don't show in the box are enchantments. They do show up as added inventory icons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mmm1001 wrote: »
    They are not actually empty - just items are not shown. If you click loot all button, you will get loot - look into your inventory or messages/icons going on bottom right part of screen.
    I have noticed the only items that don't show in the box are enchantments. They do show up as added inventory icons.

Ah okay :)
  • Options
    acidwizardacidwizard Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    skylher12 wrote: »
    actually it makes their sales go up(so many people addicted to them), considering the ad/zen exchange is non existent at the moment. Making them BOP might be the last straw for people, i would trade some good items for keys only cause i liked opening the boxes, i wont buy keys though. between this and coal. wards there isnt anything worth trading for now

Since the Wondrous Coffers of Augmentation no longer drop Coalescents, the only way to get them is from the AH at a fixed rate of about 500,000 AD. There will be no more fluctuations in the market between Zen and AD. That part of Neverwinter has ended. It does make their sales go up, but on the positive side it hurts third party exploiters to have keys BOP. I know Zen is what keeps the game running and pays the devs salary, but they are getting to blatant/in your face about buying zen with unlockable races (Moon Elf, Dragon Born) only if you give them close to a hundred dollars. Next they'll have you pay if you want to play the latest class or module
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    acidwizard wrote: »
    Since the Wondrous Coffers of Augmentation no longer drop Coalescents, the only way to get them is from the AH at a fixed rate of about 500,000 AD. There will be no more fluctuations in the market between Zen and AD. That part of Neverwinter has ended. It does make their sales go up, but on the positive side it hurts third party exploiters to have keys BOP. I know Zen is what keeps the game running and pays the devs salary, but they are getting to blatant/in your face about buying zen with unlockable races (Moon Elf, Dragon Born) only if you give them close to a hundred dollars. Next they'll have you pay if you want to play the latest class or module
    Incorrect. I just got a Coalescent Ward from a Coffer of Wondrous Augmentation a couple days ago and the week before that, I got two. They never removed Coalescents from the Coffer. What they did was made the Coffer and its content Bind to Account on Pickup.
  • Options
    golddragon13golddragon13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Incorrect. I just got a Coalescent Ward from a Coffer of Wondrous Augmentation a couple days ago and the week before that, I got two. They never removed Coalescents from the Coffer. What they did was made the Coffer and its content Bind to Account on Pickup.

As did I.Coal Wards from the Coffer are as Rare as winning the Lottery, but it DOES happen.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    As did I.Coal Wards from the Coffer are as Rare as winning the Lottery, but it DOES happen.

Didn't someone figure out that it was a 3% chance from multiple openings on the preview server? I thought someone opened up many thousand boxes to figure that out.
  • Options
    marduk6sic6marduk6sic6 Member Posts: 22
    edited July 2014
    I recently opened 48 coffers that I had save up and got 1 coal ward from them O.o yay... oh and I got 14 pres wards though
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I recently opened 48 coffers that I had save up and got 1 coal ward from them O.o yay... oh and I got 14 pres wards though

Well that's 2% and well within the bounds of me remembering right and it being a 3% rate with 48 being such a small sample.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    desisti wrote: »
    Really... i got none... none in six months of playing. Since january I've opened almost every week (missed a few, can't say).
    On how many characters? It's about a 3% drop rate. Six months is 26 weeks ish. So if you only have say 2 toons that'd only 52 boxes at most. That means you probably only got 1 ward, if you were unlucky you got none. Most people that play for the boxes have at least ten toons that invoke every day.
  • Options
    cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited July 2014
    zebular wrote: »

Then you must be so lucky because since the drop rate nerf, I didn't loot any coal (and during 3 months, I had 4 rerolls with priest everyday). I gave up with these rerolls because it's so random.
  • Options
    marduk6sic6marduk6sic6 Member Posts: 22
    edited July 2014
    desisti wrote: »
    Really... i got none... none in six months of playing. Since january I've opened almost every week (missed a few, can't say).

Are you opening 1 at a time or a bunch saved up all at once? You might have more luck doing big amounts all at once
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That's how I got my yeti companion. I saved up about 25 yeti treats then tried them all at once.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    I put all my Coffers of Wondrous Augmentation into the Account Bank now (before I mailed them all to my main character). When I am done collecting them for the week, I then open them all in rapid succession. So, on a good week where I don't get my prayers all whacked up, I'll open around 15-20 Coffers in a row.
  • Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    this week's patch notes still not out?
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    There weren't any. Check first post in maint thread.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    futuun wrote: »
    this is some kind of new artifact? ^^

It's one of the choices from the very first artifact quest.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• Options
    edited August 2014
    jrfbrunet wrote: »
    this week's patch notes still not out?
    There are no Patch notes this week, as the maintenance was for Regular Server Maintenance, the Security Update, and the inclusion of the Wonders of Gond Event.
    Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So Basically another week where our requests for IWD to be changed goes unanswered

Awesome.....

Another reason i WONT be buying the new pack....
  • Options
    deodiptideodipti Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Can't start new thread
    So, I write here.

Can't login into game. It says
    Too many attempts; please try again later.
    I've tried about a hour.
    There is no problems to login to gateway or forum. Only to game itself.

UPD. Now it's problem to login in gateway too
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    kalindra wrote: »
    Do I need to point out how broken a RNG must be if that's really the case?

Nope, and it is. Additionally, when trying to upgrade enchants with green wards, never ever spam the upgrading. If you get a failure, then just keep spamming it, it always fails- you have to leave it for a while before repeating to stand a chance. While fiddling with this, I found that you can consistently burn 20+ wards on a 40% (from memory) chance. I lack the cojones to see just how far I can push that, though.

The RNG is really terrible- either streaky, or seeds from something that doesn't update very often. It's beyond awful. You'll also see people using this mechanic with lockboxes, too, with a streak of spamming admin messages.
This discussion has been closed.