Options

Patch Notes: NW.15.20140707a.7

124»

Comments

• Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Nope, and it is. Additionally, when trying to upgrade enchants with green wards, never ever spam the upgrading. If you get a failure, then just keep spamming it, it always fails- you have to leave it for a while before repeating to stand a chance. While fiddling with this, I found that you can consistently burn 20+ wards on a 40% (from memory) chance. I lack the cojones to see just how far I can push that, though.

The RNG is really terrible- either streaky, or seeds from something that doesn't update very often. It's beyond awful. You'll also see people using this mechanic with lockboxes, too, with a streak of spamming admin messages.

I've noticed this streakyness too. The fact that so many people can give you the same exact recommendations for opening lockboxes/refining tells me that the code for the RNG is pretty inferior.
    And now the code is completely broken.
    To be honest - considering we will have to wait several weeks for the dungeon chest bug to be fixed anyway, I would rather the devs delay that bug fix even more so that they can implement a superior RNG system that is actually much closer to 'random'. WoW's 10-yr-old RNG is pretty **** good. (too bad Cryptic can't 'borrow' it)
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    There are many publicly available RNGs, offering different characteristics regarding periodicity, distribution, correlation and so forth. There are also very nice publicly available tests (dieharder springs to mind). There's no need to borrow anything from WoW or any other MMO in this regard. It's kinda unforgivable how pants it is :)
  • Options
    tolfy21422tolfy21422 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sorry i dont care about enchated keys being binded. I care about the items in the epic chest that are bugged! Done Vt and Mc a hundred times and the same orb dropp every single time..
  • Options
    chaostheorysevenchaostheoryseven Member Posts: 84
    edited August 2014
    tolfy21422 wrote: »
    Sorry i dont care about enchated keys being binded. I care about the items in the epic chest that are bugged! Done Vt and Mc a hundred times and the same orb dropp every single time..
    Did I ever tell you what the definition of "insanity" is?
    I love to burst bubbles.
  • Options
    jjetcomaqqqjjetcomaqqq Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    saini50990 wrote: »
    yea zax will become more stable now , u only seeing keys as BOP but arent looking at big picture , that due to this zax will be useful again , the only reason it was due to the fact that players were using keys to bypass zax to get higher zen value , and its not BOP but BOA.
    itis due to all whinning that zax has a big backlog so now that backlog will decrease.

Man you were so right on lolz
  • Options
    dogsbreath1dogsbreath1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hi

Who else is getting stability issues after the latest update. I get lag spikes about 1 per minute as well as regular crashes when logging on. The latest issue is I cant sell items in the shops. My system and net speed has not changed
  • Options
    doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I crash semi often, but I assume its cause of my AMD processor that i'm forced to turn half the cores off on in order to even play the game which is an issue that was present in preview.
  • Options
    aryna69aryna69 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I crash semi often, but I assume its cause of my AMD processor that i'm forced to turn half the cores off on in order to even play the game which is an issue that was present in preview.

I too have a 8 Core AMD processor...the game ran fine until the patch now it's so choppy as to be virtually unplayable. Is this related to the issue you mention with turning off cores..and why suddenly is it necisarry. The new content seems fun but I'm not going to go thru the hassle of shutting cores off every time i want to play.

I'm running an nvidia gfx 760 and 32gb of PC-1866 RAM and other games I play still work just fine so I don't think it's a weak system
This discussion has been closed.