What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.15.20140707a.7

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited August 2014 in Patch Notes (PC)
Here's the complete patch notes for this week's maintenance:

Content and Environment
• Dread Ring Campaign task Decipher Thayan Writings can no longer be started more than 24 times as intended.

Items and Economy
• Black Ice Enchantment drop quantities have been reduced from all places they drop (Heroic Encounters, Kessell's Retreat and in the Need for Mead quest. This also includes Corrupted and Purified enchantments from the final chest in Kessell's Retreat.
• Cockatrice Companion's petrification now no longer penetrates through CC immunity effects and lasts slightly less on players than it does on NPCs.
• Enchanted Keys will now be Bind on Account on Pickup. This change is retroactive and is meant to reduce the negative behaviors of 3rd party sites with their use of keys. They will bind onto the next character that picks them up for cases where they remain in the Auction House or Guild Banks.
• Kessell's Sphere of Annihilation and the Black Ice Beholder Artifacts can both be properly equipped at the same time now.
• Throne of the Lion: This item is no longer considered a Mount. it still behaves the same, allowing you to sit and think, but can now be placed in the normal item slots, instead of in the Mount slot. it also no longer has the standard dismount when taking damage rules.
• Valindra's Crown Shard will no longer improperly reset internal cooldowns of other powers or remove buffs and other non-control debuffs.
• Waters of El'Hazad power text description now note that the healing effect is unaffected by Healing Depression in PvP as is intended.

User Interface
• Removed an old Leaderboard window that could be called up with commands.
• The Celestial Store Chest of Campaign Treasures now properly lists that it will only give 1 Thayan Cipher.
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Keys are now BOP. Wow.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Btw, is Emblem and new SW class artifact bypass Healing Depression too?
  • Options
    oreonmilkoreonmilk Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2014
    Just WOW.. BoP keys to counter 3rd party sites issue?
  • Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Waters is WAI? It makes other healing artifacts like Bloodcrystal Raven Skull look pitiful because it's not affected by HD while the others are.
  • Options
    henzo31plhenzo31pl Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    another patch which destroy game economy. no more keys on ah guys now wait week in queue for zen. What will be next BoP all drop from boxes??.
  • Options
    leorickecileorickeci Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Still can't log in, how long till the patch is done?
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Removed an old Leaderboard window that could be called up with commands.

with this i was able to show that your system dont work.
    Better deletes it right?
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Expect the BoP condition to worsen. It started with module 1 and has got progressively worse. Wise up people.
  • Options
    skylher12skylher12 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    actually it makes their sales go up(so many people addicted to them), considering the ad/zen exchange is non existent at the moment. Making them BOP might be the last straw for people, i would trade some good items for keys only cause i liked opening the boxes, i wont buy keys though. between this and coal. wards there isnt anything worth trading for now
  • Options
    asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    actually, i predict this will get the ZAX to start moving again, as Keys were the primary means ppl were bypassing it.

now if you want AD for your Zen you'll have to use the ZAX (or use other, far less lucrative items which if ppl start doing enough will just get made BoP as well)
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • Options
    saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yea zax will become more stable now , u only seeing keys as BOP but arent looking at big picture , that due to this zax will be useful again , the only reason it was due to the fact that players were using keys to bypass zax to get higher zen value , and its not BOP but BOA.
    itis due to all whinning that zax has a big backlog so now that backlog will decrease.
  • Options
    futuunfutuun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    • Waters of El'Hazad power text description now note that the healing effect is unaffected by Healing Depression in PvP as is intended.

this is some kind of new artifact? ^^
    0LQASjV.png
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've always said that they just needed to add an extra currency to the zen shop, people who spend $$$ will get Zen and get the items with the actual prices and those players who exchange AD for zen, instead of zen they would exchange it for another currency that would be like zen cost x2 or x3 meaning that people that actually spend money can sell items and get profit but also players with enough AD can also get them but being unable to sell them and get profit due to the investment. Everybody wins.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    justsyndrajustsyndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've always said that they just needed to add an extra currency to the zen shop, people who spend $$$ will get Zen and get the items with the actual prices and those players who exchange AD for zen, instead of zen they would exchange it for another currency that would be like zen cost x2 or x3 meaning that people that actually spend money can sell items and get profit but also players with enough AD can also get them but being unable to sell them and get profit due to the investment. Everybody wins.

Not bad, my thought from this is make it where if you buy with Zen, item is unbound, but with the AD Exchange Zen, you get the item as bound to account.
    No longer playing Neverwinter.
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Keys BoP? I admit it surprised me, even if actually shouldn't. Of course 3rd party is only an excuse, what else could it be? I expect changing some lockboxes items to BoP shortly after mod4 (which better be really good or this game won't survive to see mod5).
    I really don't think this is going to stabilize ZAX, people will simply use other Zen/lockboxes items to bypass it.
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    justsyndra wrote: »
    Not bad, my thought from this is make it where if you buy with Zen, item is unbound, but with the AD Exchange Zen, you get the item as bound to account.

That's even simpler and better.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    silgalian1silgalian1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    BoP keys ... is this supposed to to increase AD/Zen trade by taking away the 'Key currency'? Hope it works!
    Great game BTW ... been playing since launch as a non paying player.
    Have to say I'm getting a bit disillusioned of late though, 1st the value of my AD is roughly halved when coal wards are all but removed from weekly celestial chest and prices go through the roof then I have to wait a week to get any zen even at 500-1.

How about putting respect tokens on the Bazar?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Dungeon chests should now also be fixed so that heroics won't be dropping epic phat lewts.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm not really surprised about the BoA key change - it doesn't affect me in any way, but as I said, it doesn't surprise me either. I do wonder what percentage of players will really be affected by this. Many players never bother with keys - some occasionally buy some keys for $$$ and use them to open boxes - but how many players actually see the keys primarily as currency? I think it is a small minority.

We my see more trades involving other "non-currencies", like high-end enchants or 100.000AD Greater marks of Potency, and that will presumably work just fine for most people.

Now, what affects affects me is the reduction in BI enchant drop rate - I'm not surprised - the rate was very high - so high that you could make R8/R9 enchants in very little time - which was nice, but perhaps not intentional. Anyhow, I can live with that - with 3 greater fey enchants, I get a decent number of R4 enchants all the time anyhow.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    silgalian1 wrote: »
    BoP keys ... is this supposed to to increase AD/Zen trade by taking away the 'Key currency'? Hope it works!
    Great game BTW ... been playing since launch as a non paying player.
    Have to say I'm getting a bit disillusioned of late though, 1st the value of my AD is roughly halved when coal wards are all but removed from weekly celestial chest and prices go through the roof then I have to wait a week to get any zen even at 500-1.

How about putting respect tokens on the Bazar?

If thats thier intention. What if it doesnt work? Normal free players will just be screwed from here on.
  • Options
    cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Heh... doesn't really affect me either way. But they should lower the price of keys in the Zen market to counter this as well.

This was not just about 3rd party sites selling keys, there was a thread not too long ago, about people buying keys, etc then getting hacked.
  • Options
    fieminamorfieminamor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    actually, i predict this will get the ZAX to start moving again, as Keys were the primary means ppl were bypassing it.

now if you want AD for your Zen you'll have to use the ZAX (or use other, far less lucrative items which if ppl start doing enough will just get made BoP as well)

This is my take on the change, as well. I have to think a lot of AH key purchases are impulse buys now - why else are people paying 80k (or more!) for something that costs under 57k using Zen? if ZAX remains constipated, I can see a lot of impulse buyers placing ZAX orders and then taking them down once the impulse changes to something else.
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    skylher12 wrote: »
    actually it makes their sales go up(so many people addicted to them), considering the ad/zen exchange is non existent at the moment. Making them BOP might be the last straw for people, i would trade some good items for keys only cause i liked opening the boxes, i wont buy keys though. between this and coal. wards there isnt anything worth trading for now

Gold sellers already sell itens for rl money, making keys bop isnt stoping then, reasons are:
    Keys can only be bought zen store wich can only be bought by rl money, so those keys gold seller are selling was bought by rl money, just not they own money.
    So gold sellers will just sell acquired itens insteed of the keys, and earn even more money with that.
  • Options
    scotbaileyscotbailey Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    uh, lots of people used keys for legit trading. Glad I didn't happen to have a bunch of them. Maybe Neverwinter should just BoP everything and get rid of the AH--that would also help resolve the third party problem.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, existing unbound keys will double in price... Making an even bigger profit for those that have them, this is probably needed though as its been messing the economy for a little while, maybe this will help some of the backlog.

You guys forgot a POST!

Items and Economy
    • Black Ice Bracers and Main Hand drop quantities have been INCREASED from all places they drop (Heroic Encounters, Kessell's Retreat. - Seriously guys.....

Random Events + Random drop = TOTAL farming FAIL.

Oh and also, you guys NEED to make a system that allows players to bypass the current "daily" system as with each new module makes it more and more of a barrier to play multiple classes. Artifacts and Campaigns absolutely KILL any desire to do so - as much as one might want to play more characters.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    If everything was BTA it honestly wouldn't bother me in the slightest. At least you would know EVERYONE earned their equipment.
  • Options
    scotbaileyscotbailey Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I just thought of an even better idea for Neverwinter. Just don't drop anything anymore and sell everything in the zen store as BoP.
    scotbailey wrote: »
    uh, lots of people used keys for legit trading. Glad I didn't happen to have a bunch of them. Maybe Neverwinter should just BoP everything and get rid of the AH--that would also help resolve the third party problem.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »
    Btw, is Emblem and new SW class artifact bypass Healing Depression too?

This should be looked at as well....

If Waters ignores HD, now that Emblem has an ICD, it NEEDS to not respect HD as well... Either that or bump the ICD to like .5 seconds instead. It makes alot of these artifacts worthless compared to the healing you get with waters - from a guy who has legendary waters btw....
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Oh and also, you guys NEED to make a system that allows players to bypass the current "daily" system as with each new module makes it more and more of a barrier to play multiple classes. Artifacts and Campaigns absolutely KILL any desire to do so - as much as one might want to play more characters.

I don't think it's necessary. I play every class. Once they reached 60, I chose 1,2 or 3 to focus on to get their stuff. No need to go crazy with it. Just ignore the other guys for awhile.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    If everything was BTA it honestly wouldn't bother me in the slightest. At least you would know EVERYONE earned their equipment.

Personally id like to see everything bound on account, not bound on character. This gives more seasoned players the ability to farm things on a main and pass it down - which would increase alot of activity for this game.

I should be able to swap artifacts over to alts like I can do enchants. I should be able to farm BI bracers on my main and have a chance to drop for my alts... I should be able to run a dungeon and get BOP items for an alt.

Basically items should work LIKE the Slayer Set does.... My 2 cents.
This discussion has been closed.