test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Feedback] Black Ice Equipment Drop Rate

ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PvE Discussion
I do 10 -15 heroics a day during the week and having today off I just did 8 this morning... 4 of which I started on my own DPS specced, the other 4 I re specced Tank and full threat as to try and get my mainhand. All of which i got nothing but 75 black ice! REALLY?

They favor DPS classes and as a GF I cannot compete, nor can I tank a heroic without healers and controllers helping me. So are we the low dps utility classes doomed?

I've done countless beholders, and every other heroic that spawns, and get zip nada ziltch! If for some rare instance i manage to get a "Great Success" I end up with some random epic profession junk!

This is out of control! I HATE PVE... I hate it I only PvP, but because I need my black ice mainhand to finish my set I am FORCED to PVE over and over and over again for nothing!

I have done 4 Dominations this entire week! really, I normally do 6-8 a day! but because all I do is farm heroic after heroic all day every day trying to get that Mainhand to finish this set I have done 4 all week.

Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
Post edited by ripyourlipsoff on

Comments

• refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited July 2014

END RANT, screw this I am going fishing!

LOL! I feel your pain. I have not even started IWD yet, but I am sick of getting drops for absolutely EVERY other class EXCEPT my DC in Dread Ring skirmish.

And I am sick of collecting 2 and 3-part incomplete sets of EVERY TYPE of DC armour in an Epic Delve - I need more Guild and Bank Vault slots just to store all the junk, when all I wanted was one complete set of a certain suit of armour.

And I cannot even salvage them, as both my main characters have a 60k backlog of unrefined AD, and earn more than 24k per day from the Dailies.

~
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Rip this isnt just a GF thing, since that patch(that they supposedly made DCs and GFs more viable to get the loot, but downgraded the amount of drops) I have got nothing either, regardless of the class, dps, heal or whatever.

Please dont make this just a class thing, this is a MASSIVE overall issue with the game as it stands, all classes are getting screwed on this.
  • biibiisaibiibiisai Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The last patch is definitely not in favor of non-damage class since my DC is seeing more junk than before the patch, sometimes just BI, not even the green junk, just like what the op described. Same as the op, HEs are taking time away from the pvp I'm more interested in, and this is getting more and more frustrating over time... the grinding never stopped since mod 3 came out, and this mod is by far the only frustrating mod I have seen in NW.
  • herundrionherundrion Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yup. Tried for 3 weeks as HR. Combat, archery, more DPS, less DPS, PLENTY of "Great Success"-es on major/epic HEs. The only purple I got was some TR elk tribe thingy - at that point I felt trolled and stopped. Just forget about it.
    Thankfully, you're not missing out on much and there is no fix in sight.
    Co-Founder of -Valor-
    vih2r9.png
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Be thankful we don't have to complete a full set of armor. It'd rarely drop
    and is always likely to be for another class. Get everything you need before the
    new class is released!! :-O

(Try collecting a complete Hammerstone set on your own, if you want to
    see how long that would take! So far, I recently got the boots. That is all.)
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Amen!

Also merge instances and increase spawn rates, and fix Active Que Bug.
    I haven't seen a Remo in a few days, I've only seen a couple beholders a day, so I do the other HEs that gloves and mainhand are rumored to drop at, but half the time if I find one, no one else is there--zone chat is pretty dead as well compared to a month ago.

Active Que bug--while looking for the main HES, it would be nice if we could safely que to get our other daily stuff done...The thing it does where it breaks the group for hostile factions, doesn't always work. In fact I have been in PE and still had my que bugged for 2 hours (yes did force restart scanand all of that) for someone else being in Icewind.

I can power level and grind with the best of them even tho I work a full time job, but this system is horrible.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    All the "it's a DPS favoring" comments are just utter nonesense. It really has NOTHING to do with it.

I fought the black ice beholder with my HR and two members in my guild got the main hands as drops. I do a lot more damage than either of them and yet I got the jack diddly-squat reward I get every time. In fact the GWF who consistently does less than than my defense specced GF actually told me he got another main hand the other day.

I've heard more reports of people getting main hand drops just from walking through heroic encounters than I care to count. I mean literally I know people who said screw it I am not even going to bother and end up with gauntlets or main hands without attacking a single creature.

And most people I speak to who actually got the drop are only there for a handful of hits.

In the end...the DPS is the only thing that matters argument is utter <rages>. Please stop posting this nonsense when everything points out it is complete hoopla of a scapegoat. I gave up on black ice...I don't have the time and patience to bash my head against the wall while waiting for heroic encounters to come up and get nothing for the time every single time...
    But it most certainly has nothing to do with damage and everything to do with something else when people who only do a couple of hits or less damage than other people get the reward while those working their rear ends off consistently get nothing.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Why can't they just add a predictable, reliable way of earning gear? Why must everything be gated behind some RNG whose results and formulas are kept hidden from us? What is needed is this: For every HE you take part in, you get a token. You can then buy any item (BoP) from a store in Caer-Konig using these tokens. No item should exceed 30-50 tokens. Heck, I'd even go so far as to say that the number of these tokens that you get should be related to either your ranking in the HE or the "size" of the HE itself, (maybe 1 token for small ones, 2 for medium, 3 for larger ones).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Something like that would be excellent...

Hell even basic RNG would be fine compared to this "participation" based system which is...there are no words to adaquately express my frustrations with it. I've done everything I can think of doing to do more damage, take more damage, heal more, be the total package, be the top ranked in any specific factor...etc...

I gave up. Plain and simple. And the reports of people putting far less effort into participation getting drops just makes my skin crawl and was a major cause for my frustration. People complain they are getting drops for other classes but even those would make me happy at this point because I get blue crafting junk virtually every time which are absolutely worthless without the gauntlets or main hands.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Hell even basic RNG would be fine compared to this "participation" based system which is...there are no words to adaquately express my frustrations with it. I've done everything I can think of doing to do more damage, take more damage, heal more, be the total package, be the top ranked in any specific factor...etc...

I gave up. Plain and simple. And the reports of people putting far less effort into participation getting drops just makes my skin crawl and was a major cause for my frustration. People complain they are getting drops for other classes but even those would make me happy at this point because I get blue crafting junk virtually every time which are absolutely worthless without the gauntlets or main hands.

Yeah... I was lucky early on and got my mainhand on my GF close to when IWD launched, and before any patches for it. I've basically taken to just working on the head & boots pieces, and ignoring the rest. It's kinda sad, really - I wish the content was more rewarding to participate in. Getting 75 black ice for participating in a large event form start to finish is a slap in the face.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited July 2014

The drops for other classes are still exceedingly rare. I'm (bizarrely) slogging on because I have the gloves now, but have nothing better to do til Dragon day. You're only excited you get a purple drop til you see that it's not for you. Then it's just sad.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    All the "it's a DPS favoring" comments are just utter nonesense. It really has NOTHING to do with it.

I fought the black ice beholder with my HR and two members in my guild got the main hands as drops. I do a lot more damage than either of them and yet I got the jack diddly-squat reward I get every time. In fact the GWF who consistently does less than than my defense specced GF actually told me he got another main hand the other day.

I've heard more reports of people getting main hand drops just from walking through heroic encounters than I care to count. I mean literally I know people who said screw it I am not even going to bother and end up with gauntlets or main hands without attacking a single creature.

And most people I speak to who actually got the drop are only there for a handful of hits.

In the end...the DPS is the only thing that matters argument is utter <rages>. Please stop posting this nonsense when everything points out it is complete hoopla of a scapegoat. I gave up on black ice...I don't have the time and patience to bash my head against the wall while waiting for heroic encounters to come up and get nothing for the time every single time...
    But it most certainly has nothing to do with damage and everything to do with something else when people who only do a couple of hits or less damage than other people get the reward while those working their rear ends off consistently get nothing.

That may be? However almost everyone I see with the main hand is a high geared DPS!

On a funny note, I just returned from Fishing and my Large Mouth bass drop rate is equally BS as my Black ice main hand! :)

Mother nature hates GF too....
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014

Took a DC friend of mine over 200 tries. . . .Just crazy. And I feel like I am track to this with my GWF, since my GWFe wasn't level 60 at the start of this, if I don't get my stuff by Mod 4, I think that I never will.

I feel like a person should be able to work a full time job, pay attention to their family, and still eventually get the things that they want, tho maybe not as fast as people who play 10 hours a day. This system makes me feel like unless I play 24 hours a day I have no chance to get these items.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hey Im in the same boat! This thread has been going a bit longer and has more replies, I am hoping if we keep the feedback up someday itll change...

Ive given up, same boat as OP did atleast 5-6 a day, sometimes more. Easily have done 100 so far, nothing...

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?712851-Is-there-ever-going-to-be-a-fix-for-this-HE-farming-in-Mod-3
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I know a GWF that did beholder and prospectors in Icewind like 100 times now without the weapon drop. Ive tried on my CW to get a second weapon for a week now and no drop.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I was playing all day and all night for weeks and never got anything on my GWF. My CW got a pair of bracers. My DC can't even do the campaign solo, so he gets nothing at all. Now that I have the bracers, I see how useless they are. All BI gear is good for is getting into KR and after the drop rate nerf on BI enchants, there is no reason to do KR or HEs.
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Would it be safe to assume that...
    when mod 4 and its accompanying new armor/weapon sets gets released, the drop rate for BI mainhand/gauntlets will be tweaked to a reasonable number in the RNG?
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That may be? However almost everyone I see with the main hand is a high geared DPS!

On a funny note, I just returned from Fishing and my Large Mouth bass drop rate is equally BS as my Black ice main hand! :)

Mother nature hates GF too....

I got bracers on CW and Mainhand on GWF before the patch.. after that nothing, on any class, except on my DC a stupid elk talisman ..

So ya, at the start, it appears DPS classes got a unfair advantage, but now, I think its equally not dropping for most players, so everyone is on the same boat apparently.
  • runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't understand why they don't just put the main hands and arms in the store with the rest of the gear; make it double the price (or maybe even triple the price!). I just want some way to actually GET my gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Why can't they just add a predictable, reliable way of earning gear? Why must everything be gated behind some RNG whose results and formulas are kept hidden from us? What is needed is this: For every HE you take part in, you get a token. You can then buy any item (BoP) from a store in Caer-Konig using these tokens. No item should exceed 30-50 tokens. Heck, I'd even go so far as to say that the number of these tokens that you get should be related to either your ranking in the HE or the "size" of the HE itself, (maybe 1 token for small ones, 2 for medium, 3 for larger ones).

Super idea :)
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    One could simply wait for a bit and save the frustration for when one can't get the mod4 gear drops which is just a short while away.

I don't even use any of the BI pieces I've crafted, that's how useful they are.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, new mod4 gear has overload slots, and they seem PVE/dungeon oriented as opposed to IWD's pvp, so mod4 seems like the counterpart choice.
  • mohammadmojtabamohammadmojtaba Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've heard more reports of people getting main hand drops just from walking through heroic encounters than I care to count.
    This game is that much unstable or maybe my english is too bad to understand you ?
    when people are getting main hand drop by walking through HE, but somepeople like me are holding boss agrro, trying to ress other people and in same time not getting killed by boss, ends the HE with some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> drops!! Seriously?! this game is that much unbalanced?
    I think it will be much much better if you guys make a new dungeon with a rate of 0,001% chance to drop main hand weapon (FOR THE CURRECT CLASS), or just add a new pack with a price of 5k -10k zen, that includes Main hand.
    Over all there is tons of new ways to make it a little easier for us, BUT please just dont say '' stop crying'' or '' stop raging like a nerd scrub''
    YOUR game is UNSTABLE/UNBALANCED, go fix that and find a new way to make it funnier/easier to players instead of giving nonsense comments.
    edited July 2014
    I think it will be much much better if you guys make...YOUR game...

I am not a developer. I am a frustrated player who stuck my tongue out at HE drop rates.
  • hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Now that's epic...
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • stormcrowcjstormcrowcj Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have a beef why do they nerf the drops is it to make even more money out of us I am so frustrated I have tried so hard to get my black ice Bow from the black ice beholder souley concetrating on the beholder gettin in at the fist sign of it wasting a lot of my resources and time plz the powers that be come up with a better way of fairly delivering the drops realy one encounter droping the Bow ? Do you realy think that your paying and yes we pay for this game we are you costomers you gain revenue from us try listening to us from time to time you say you wellcome our feed back but you never act on it I look at the post's and see I am not the only one that is frustrated with this situation so perfect world try and apease us let us buy in the item shop or increase the drop's in the incounters and dont nerf after a couple of weeks we are not dumb I have devoted a lot of time and cash in this game So please take note of your costomers and get off your bottoms and do somthing about our frustations
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I really have no idea how the RNG for HE's work. There are plenty of times I start encounters and make things splode like mad as a CW and I come out with a whopping potion. Gets even worse when I use utility spells, like ray of enfeeblement. Really, WTH.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • bolt#9204 bolt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    I really have no idea how the RNG for HE's work. There are plenty of times I start encounters and make things splode like mad as a CW and I come out with a whopping potion. Gets even worse when I use utility spells, like ray of enfeeblement. Really, WTH.

There's a lot of local myth around what you need to increase your chances of say the gloves dropping in IWD as far as I can make out it is random and very low drop rate. Most of the myth is born out of desperation by players to apply some sort of logic and therefore method to load RNG in their favour, lol good luck with that. These are my observations to date:

1. I have guildees that have joined epic encounters at last minute and got gloves although most get 75 raw
    2. Its not related to the amount of dps you do in the encounter
    3. Gloves can drop from any high-level epic encounter not just Remorhaz, jury is out imo as to whether certain encounters have an increased drop rate making them very very very rare as opposed to very very very very rare in others
    4. I have been farming those **** gloves for over 2 months never seen them.

I think the idea of making people work for certain items is fine rather than being able to buy them but the drop rate has to be fair and currently it is not.

Judging by the other posts and their numbers I guess others think this too

Bolt
  • qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I personally hate currency for gear systems because it turns gear into an exp grind with another name. It makes the whole idea of itemization just a complex UI for buying another "passive power" which is just stats.

When gear comes from names it has a place in the world. It helps give fauna of the world meaning. Nobody ever records how much exp a named drops, but they record what drops from it. When gear drops from names they share their identity with the loot. You go to a certain place for a certain named for a certain loot. The place and the name are given a relationship to you by your desire for their particular drops. When currencies for gear dominate games, the fauna becomes interchangeable. They all give the same thing: currency/exp.

That isn't a defense of IWD, rather a criticism of competing ideas. Personally dungeons with drop tables seem best to me, but for whatever reason they didn't do that in IWD.

So, I guess some people think currency is a magic loot system that makes everything wonderful and perfect, but it seems flawed to me. It is an illusion of depth that you only need to scratch a little bit before you see it as an exp bar.
  • drakefrienddrakefriend Member Posts: 56
    edited July 2014
    Well, statistics are always fair. Il you have a 1/1000 drop rate and then 10 000 people join in, you'll have 100 happy people and 9 900 unhappy ones. But it's fair. And frustrating.

I've been playing IWD since it came out and didn't get any main hand or gloves. Heck, I didn't event get a yeti pet.
    Using the armor pieces I crafted instead of my trusty High Vizir set, even on overcharge, didn't get any visible benefit.
    So well, I did what I did in Sharandar about the top class armour : just shrug and ignore it.

This being said, it's really frustrating and a very unpleasant experience, to hope for something each and every time and be denied it each and every time. It brings down the level of pleasure one gets from the game, and that's something that's not good for the game.
    It also sets some kind of precedent, since people are getting used to never having what they want, so a lot of people kind of expect now it will be the same with the 4th expansion, and don't even bother to be excited about it.

As for me, since I have more money available than time, I'd love to be able to buy the remaining elements of the set in one way or the other, of be able to buy the top gear (fomorian weapons and all).
    Some will argue that this will give an edge to rich people. Well, people who pay for things are those who maintain this game and pay for the bills, so that wouldn't be unfair, but this isn't true : a rich guy in top gear armour will never beat someone who has spent hours honing his skills. So everybody would be happy.