test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Feedback] Black Ice Equipment Drop Rate

Comments

• schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am tired farming day by day BI main hand. From the first day i try to get my main hand for GF and DC but still not get one.
    After the the ominous patch GF and DC have too smal chance for BI main hand the thing is i am always first on BI beholder
    CW come to help after 5 min he got Great succes but i have only normal succes .

Stats on GF: 13200 power (80% more dmg) 4000 crit rate 30%chance cap ARP 25% .

MY DC is on full healing tree also have 11k power 4600 crit and 20% arp .

PLS almost 3 month passed and some of us try to get our main hand from the first day without any succes.

I know some ppl are lottery winner and got they BI main hand, but somthing must be done .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I agree, although I have not been trying hardcore for 3 months (actually worked on getting my main CW, then DC and GWF their stuff and now working up my GF).

I have fought a lot of beholders in the past week and the best rewards I have gotten ended up being 180 ice that came with like 2 blue mats and that was it, the rest has been potions and green mats and a lot of frustration. I have even gotten lucky and had nearly back to back beholder fights 2 and 3 in a row and still nothing. I should be thankful I got the gloves but it would be really awesome to have a way of actually getting the MH before the new mod which is lookly pretty bleak as i'm certain i'll abandon the IWD grind for the new mod grind once it starts.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    they have the same chance as all other chars, which is very very low.
    between my CW and HR I have 1 gloves and 1 weapon.
    about 40 epics between them, well over 100 majors (which is where I got both items) closer to 200 probably..

it's RGN
  • iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    it's like winning the lottery except your not a millionare
  • herundrionherundrion Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My Guardian Fighter got a purple drop today from a Heroic Encounter!

It was a hammerstone something for TR.... why.
    Co-Founder of -Valor-
    vih2r9.png
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah I got a Elk tribe GWF axe today on my CW , I actually wish I could use it since it looks way cooler than the useless tennis ball that I have floating about next to my characters head ,the thing is taller than my character lol
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • echokazulechokazul Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    At the very least, make the drop for your class, or BoA. My CW has a DC item that my DC has been trying for quite vainly.

I wouldn't even mind seeing them BoE, considering how rare they are. Give people who have a ton of time a reason to farm them, so people who can't spend months in IWD can have a chance to get them one way or another.
    Kyba Fell- Tiefling GF (Main)
    RainFeather- Dragonborn DC
    Rune Fell- Drow CW
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My main is a DC, my main alt is a GWF, and after I get those two done a module, I'll haul out the 'irregulars'. For IWD, I've been working on my GF and CW.

The only character of the 4 to get a main hand or bracers is the GF. Main hand from a Beholder when I first took the character to DV to open up the zone. The bracers dropped from a Remo within a dozen HE's after that.
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    AGAIN I framed all **** night and finally got a Great success, and what did I get you ask?????????

Oh some CW head piece of course.... As of Now I've now received more DC / CW gear from the drops then GF pieces! pretty pathetic! All i want is my goddamned main hand so I can ****ing leave!

2014_07_30_00001.jpg
    how to use print screen
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Was that an Epic HE or a Major HE?

People really ought to do more Major HE's, especially in off-peak hours where there are less people, so that each individual contribution is weighted more heavily. Bracers and mainhands drop from Major HE's as well. But you gotta show up at the beginning of the fight and actually complete the HE objectives (put out fires, free prospectors, heal wolves, whatever) and not just kill things.

I'm beginning to think that that is why there are two different classes of encounters - one class in which there are no real defined objectives, just to kill things (e.g. Black Ice Beholder), and another class in which there is a list of objectives that has to be completed (e.g. Raid the Raiders). The Black Ice Beholder type of HE favors the DPS classes because the only real objective there is just to apply the pain. But the Raid the Raiders type of HE favors the non-DPS classes because it doesn't require any DPS at all to go to the hay bale and click F to set it on fire.
  • imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mamistaw wrote: »
    There are what two larger encounters every 30 minutes that if people pile in last 5-10 minutes if not they can stay there for 20 minutes till they expire. So in the meantime if you can't get people to go for the unpopular encounters you then have to wait or bounce to another zone.

The "unpopular" encounters? I have yet to start a major HE and not have at least 3-4 other people join in by the time it is complete. I have found the gloves once and the main hand three times and have not once had to "bounce to another zone" to do it.

The way I understand it, if you really want the epic drop, you *want* a HE that doesn't have people swarming it. Your odds are (slightly) better if you do more of the "contribution" toward the event. Sure, you can get the item with a hit or two if you luck out on the RNG, but if luck doesn't favor you, then you need to be figuring out how to solo start the major HEs, or find a friend or two to go do them.

Of the four item drops (I've had two dozen or so other "epic" drops, but only four gauntlet/main hand) I've found, all but one were from HEs that I soloed a good chunk of. The mobs at the beginning of each are usually easier, so if you've got the rest of the black ice set going (for the damage resist) and decent gear otherwise, that shouldn't be an issue. When people see that someone else has started the HE, they tend to join in, when they wouldn't if you were just standing there looking at it.

If you're frustrated with it and giving up on it, that's your choice, but from what I can see the problem isn't entirely with the drop rate. The problem is that a huge number of people think that you can only get the drop from the epics, so they constantly jump instances to get to them when one spawns. With all the instance jumping, epics get swarmed under (20-30+ people), and the participation of each person drops to negligible amounts. As a result, the only people who get the drops are those with ubergear who can still do enough DPS in a swarm of people to qualify, or those who luck out on the RNG. This is at least in part why the drops from the epics are so rare.
    If you run a major or epic HE with the actual number of people recommended for it (or less), your odds of getting the drop you want appear to be significantly improved.
  • wanderer0000wanderer0000 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I agree the chance is not the same, if you get a lot of dps run on your HE you may be doing it since first min and you will still get nothing for it, doesnt matter how much damage you take or how much you heal, it is bull**** that it does. since now everything is endless grind, at least make it fair for all the classes not only dps.

AND These "random class" bound items are the most cretin thing I have ever seen on any game!

it is that hard to make the drop be at least for your own class? I bust my *** to make my GF get a great success and get a DC item.

at least it should be bound to account so I could give the item to my other characters if I have any. but the best would be it drop only items for your class.
  • petestarkspetestarks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    it's like winning the lottery except your not a millionare

This man wins the thread!

Back to the topic I have yet to get a single drop on the 2 characters I have been trying with.
  • iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    AGAIN I framed all **** night and finally got a Great success, and what did I get you ask?????????

Oh some CW head piece of course.... As of Now I've now received more DC / CW gear from the drops then GF pieces! pretty pathetic! All i want is my goddamned main hand so I can ****ing leave!

2014_07_30_00001.jpg
    how to use print screen

i feel ya man spent all day trying to go and get the bracers and mainhand running all over the map like a chicken with it;s head cut off
    i dont know why i keep bothering i do both heroic and major pretty much whatever is popping up at the moment to at least increase my chances of getting something

right now i have 50k+ black ice that is just taking up space on my inventory sheet lol and nothing to do with it sincei m not going to make a partially completed set. i suppose i could just buy a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of fashion items lol but even then whats the point i have no idea why they decided to decrease the droprates or make any of the item BOP anyway they should have all been BOE considering like you pointed out it's not a guarentee you even get the items for your class your playing

at least if they were BOE people could sell them instead of salvaging them what a waste
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They just told us that the artifact weapon we receive for taking part in the Tyranny of Dragons campaign is going to be random too so it will be possible to end up not getting the artifact weapon you really want or need , Cryptic seem to really love RNGing us to the edge of insanity xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Kitartás Sarevok! :) Nekem kellett 1-2 hét amíg megkaptam a fegyót a CWmre. A kiskarikkal hetekig HEztem amíg összejött mindnek legalább a corrupted kesztyű.
    Amúgy a corrupted fegyó sztem meg se éri!
    Puried set meg csak akkor ha GWF-el akarsz Pvpzni.
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is surely nothing but lazy, incompetent programming at best, some cynical plot to upset the paying customer and give them The Finger at worst?

On a few occasions, my DC has topped the scoreboard in PvP. Do I get a piece of DC Gear? Do I FECK!

The Dread Ring Skirmish - do I ever get a Transmute item for the class that is doing the Skirmish? DO I FECK!

Epic Dungeons - Do I ever get what I want...

ad infnitum...
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    But the Raid the Raiders type of HE favors the non-DPS classes because it doesn't require any DPS at all to go to the hay bale and click F to set it on fire.

As a DC, I was quite frustrated initially, but after the change they made to make healing count, I did Raid the Raiders several times, making sure I did all the tasks (like setting fire to the bales, as you mentioned). The result - in 5 tries, I got 3 purple items, including both the main hand and the gauntlets I needed. Maybe I was just very lucky, but still....
    Hoping for improvements...
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    As a DC, I was quite frustrated initially, but after the change they made to make healing count, I did Raid the Raiders several times, making sure I did all the tasks (like setting fire to the bales, as you mentioned). The result - in 5 tries, I got 3 purple items, including both the main hand and the gauntlets I needed. Maybe I was just very lucky, but still....

Congratulations either way!! My DC started IWD a few days ago. I'll try your example (fingers crossed).
    I aim to misbehave
  • biibiisaibiibiisai Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    adinosii wrote: »

Big congrats! Could you please share the rotation and strategies you used? I used the HW+AS+SB combo and FF+AS+SB combo for healing. I got nothing since mod 3 released even if I was the only DC in some HEs. Thanks in advance!
  • biibiisaibiibiisai Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The "unpopular" encounters? I have yet to start a major HE and not have at least 3-4 other people join in by the time it is complete. I have found the gloves once and the main hand three times and have not once had to "bounce to another zone" to do it.

The way I understand it, if you really want the epic drop, you *want* a HE that doesn't have people swarming it. Your odds are (slightly) better if you do more of the "contribution" toward the event. Sure, you can get the item with a hit or two if you luck out on the RNG, but if luck doesn't favor you, then you need to be figuring out how to solo start the major HEs, or find a friend or two to go do them.

I think you are just extremely lucky. I've duod the entire ancestral ceremony for at least 10 times. The place is too far away, nobody would come, so it's perfect for your strategy. My experience is that nothing good dropped using this same strategy. Most time I got green stuff, not even blue ones, with great success. Since I'm the only DC there and I jump right in the middle of the reds, I'm sure my healing and damage taken is higher than the dps I duod with, while the dps definitely out dps me. In the end we both got trash...
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thnx guys for good wishes . ^^

Yesterday i finally got it on my GF . The miracle Black Ice Long Sword.
    Now some of you mybe ask this?
    :confused:how???????

I was alone with beholder 7 min and my deams come true GREAT SUCCES !
    To make this and reproduce this wonder i need another 3 month with DC:).
    ( or some Devs played with me and saw my suffering ? and end it : look the poor guy he wait after HE great succes 5 min hmm... mybe he is praying or something or try to dance some Indian rite , "lest give him the sword ")
    "done some rite: opening a bottle of beer"
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • herundrionherundrion Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    biibiisai wrote: »
    Big congrats! Could you please share the rotation and strategies you used? I used the HW+AS+SB combo and FF+AS+SB combo for healing. I got nothing since mod 3 released even if I was the only DC in some HEs. Thanks in advance!

My DC took a few tries but she got the bracers pretty easy after doing exclusively Epic HEs. I went all heals - healing word, AShield, Bastion and topped it off with Healer's Lore. I spammed Seals and SFlame when I could, also spammed HG for extra HoTs on everyone.
    However, the other thing to consider is that when I got the bracers I was the only DC there for 80% of the battle and it was Raiders. I do generally have better luck with Raiders than Remo.

My GF? Keeps getting Hammerstone <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like @ripyourlipsoff... Sigh.
    Co-Founder of -Valor-
    vih2r9.png
  • group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I do 10 -15 heroics a day during the week and having today off I just did 8 this morning... 4 of which I started on my own DPS specced, the other 4 I re specced Tank and full threat as to try and get my mainhand. All of which i got nothing but 75 black ice! REALLY? Are you kidding me?

Your Heroics are a fail! They favor DPS classes and as a GF I cannot compete, nor can I tank a heroic without healers and controllers helping me. So are we the low dps utility classes doomed? Did you develop this Mod to punish us more?

I've done countless beholders, and every other heroic that spawns, and get zip nada ziltch! If for some rare instance i manage to get a "Great Success" I end up with some random epic profession junk!

This is out of control! I HATE PVE... I hate it I only PvP, but because I need my black ice mainhand to finish my set I am FORCED to PVE over and over and over again for nothing!

I have done 4 Dominations this entire week! really, I normally do 6-8 a day! but because all I do is farm heroic after heroic all day every day trying to get that Mainhand to finish this god forsaken set I have done 4 all week.

You must change the drop rate chance to be EQUAL to everyone involved not just favor the DPS classes this is ridiculous!

END RANT, screw this I am going fishing!

Now you know how it feels when pve players want to get profound sets (i.e. rogues) and hate pvp...

Just sayin'
    edited July 2014
    group5e wrote: »
    Now you know how it feels when pve players want to get profound sets (i.e. rogues) and hate pvp...

Just sayin'

WHAT? There is no correlation at all between the two, Glory can be gained easily through Dominations, Gaunt which is more pve based, or daily quests. Every day you will gain glory to your objective. RNG mainhand Drop is stupid, and ridiculous! I have posted multiple posts on <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> drops, and when i finally do get the drop its for another class!!!!!!!!!

• group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Not if you don't like it or aren't very good at it. By the way you are seeing the issue only from your perspective. I don't want to have to grind pvp to get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I want and you don't want to have to grind pve to get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you want. Get used to it... I don't like it anymore than you do.

As for the drop rate, meh... I've run VT over 100+ times and still don't have my armor set. I'm sick of it and I agree the RNG sucks.

As far as glory goes... you need seas of triumph too for the armor (as I stated in last post)... and that only happens when you win. It may be easier for you if you pvp all the time, but NOT for those that don't and do not get with a pre-made team.
  • franklin223franklin223 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Here is what I believe to be the issue with the DC's ability to achieve the highest level of success. Two words: Nothing Stacks.
    Where are tasked to heal these encounters and , presumably, the more healing credit we get the better our chance at receiving one of the desired set drops.

Unfortunately for us, Astral Seal does not stack. Astral Shield does not stack. This leads us to a situation where if there are more than one DC fighting the encounter, they are constantly at odds with each other. If I am a DC and the other player (DC#2) places and Astral Seal on the boss, then I immediately have to replace his seal with one of my own, so that I am the one receiving the credit for healing.

Any time another DC places an Astral Shield on the ground then I better drop my Shield down to replace his. Please note that it may be the case where the first shield is the one that sticks and no other shield can get healing credit... either way though only one DC gets credit for healing).

This places us in a terrible situation compared to DPS class. In effect, all DPS STACKS, at least until the point where the encounter is over. No healing stacks. One on DC gets any credit for the two main healing spells.

THIS MUST CHANGE FOR MOD 4. No I am not looking for these spells to stack, but rather some compromised is made so that we have a fair chance at the best drops.

For far too long DC have knuckled under to being glossed over in our participation (For example, we had to plead to get assit credit in pvp - yet still suffer in double/triple kill ability).

We would like a chance at drops too.
    edited July 2014
    can i get an amen brotha!

edited July 2014
    group5e wrote: »
    Not if you don't like it or aren't very good at it. By the way you are seeing the issue only from your perspective. I don't want to have to grind pvp to get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I want and you don't want to have to grind pve to get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you want. Get used to it... I don't like it anymore than you do.

As for the drop rate, meh... I've run VT over 100+ times and still don't have my armor set. I'm sick of it and I agree the RNG sucks.

As far as glory goes... you need seas of triumph too for the armor (as I stated in last post)... and that only happens when you win. It may be easier for you if you pvp all the time, but NOT for those that don't and do not get with a pre-made team.

Get Black Ice Gear its better than Profound and its all gathered through PVE!

• l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    As of 20:37 UK GMT time

169th run and no main weapon

only purple i got in all those runs was a CW chest piece

Thanks for making a fun game a joke ..................