What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.15.20140707a.7

Comments

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Normal free players will just be screwed from here on.

No. Why should they be? The Key BoA change might have an effect on the Zen/AD ratio, but consider this:

On one hand, more items might be traded through the AH, instead of through key barter. This would encourage players who spend real $$$ to exchange the Zen for AD, instead of buying keys, which would push the ratio down.

On the other hand, players that really want the keys for opening boxes, will now either have to spend $$$ (which will have no effect on the exchange) or trade AD for Zen, which would push the ratio up.

So, it could work either way.....abut anyhow, I don't think that free players will be any more screwed after this than they were before.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    mcflipmcflip Member Posts: 92
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for removing the only purpose of having Gold in game. Considering that Enchanted Keys can no longer be bought (and I didnt even get a chance to do so yet), you may as well reduce the ZEN Price for Enchanted Keys then.

Dont you dare to mention potions and injury kits, as the gold sink on these items is minimal. I can get a lifetime supply of each for not even 50 Gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <Heroes of the Fallen Lands>
    B][url=http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?450191-Dragon-FATE-(International)-(Social-PvP-PvE)]Recruitment Topic[/url][/B
    Social, PvE and PvP Guild on Dragon Shard!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    There were other things to be bought in trade chat for gold (profession assets, for example), but I suspect that at least some of those were only on offer because their sellers intended to use the gold towards keys.

I dunno. We'll see.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mcflip wrote: »
    Thanks for removing the only purpose of having Gold in game. Considering that Enchanted Keys can no longer be bought (and I didnt even get a chance to do so yet), you may as well reduce the ZEN Price for Enchanted Keys then.

Dont you dare to mention potions and injury kits, as the gold sink on these items is minimal. I can get a lifetime supply of each for not even 50 Gold.
    If gold has no use, why would anyone sell keys for it?
    Great logic there.
  • Options
    nemesaonemesao Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Gj on making KEYS BOP. They are the main issue that was causing zax to go crazy. Who had alot of AD could keep buying ZEN -> KEYS -> SELL ON AH -> Makes huge profit, rise n repeat. So now it will for sure help to stabilize ZAX, another item that they are going to do this soon is Preservation Wards. You can make huge profit with em too, but need alot more patience than keys.

Cheers.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    mcflip wrote: »

I don't get your point. Anyone selling keys for gold must have wanted the gold for something, right? Now they can just sell something else for gold....I really don't see an issue here. Keys were just a convenient pseudo-currency, but that's all.
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i dont know why people sold keys for gold but for some reason they did. Now that they wont be able to I will likely never have to worry about gold again, I make way more gold than i could ever use changing enchants or buying potions.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Personally id like to see everything bound on account, not bound on character. This gives more seasoned players the ability to farm things on a main and pass it down - which would increase alot of activity for this game.

I should be able to swap artifacts over to alts like I can do enchants. I should be able to farm BI bracers on my main and have a chance to drop for my alts... I should be able to run a dungeon and get BOP items for an alt.

Basically items should work LIKE the Slayer Set does.... My 2 cents.

THIS ^^

I've been saying that since I first started playing just after Mod 2 came out.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    mcflipmcflip Member Posts: 92
    edited July 2014
    If gold has no use, why would anyone sell keys for it?
    Great logic there.

Then please enlighten me and tell me what other use Gold has, because I desparately want to make use of my Gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <Heroes of the Fallen Lands>
    B][url=http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?450191-Dragon-FATE-(International)-(Social-PvP-PvE)]Recruitment Topic[/url][/B
    Social, PvE and PvP Guild on Dragon Shard!
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    People used gold to bypass the AH fee.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    There are people who swap their enchants between PvE and PvP gear regularly, and while I am not one of them, I'm well aware of how much it could add up if done frequently.

For people who only use one gear set, or only need to swap the stuff in their torso piece because they've got rank 5 darks for two sets or whatever, it's not such a concern.

I just know that it has the potential to be a surprisingly big expense for min-maxers, even though it's quite minimal for others.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    As others have mentioned I they probably should just go ahead and make just about everything bought on the Zen market BOA. That would ensure anyone wanting to get AD for Zen would have to use the exchange to do it. As it is anything that is in demand can be exploited with the only variable being demand. If everything on the Zen would be BOA the exploiters would be somewhat mitigated by the RNG. If I have a key I would never sell it anyway. Opening a lockbox is too much fun.

Now this nerf to the BI enchantments I don't like but I could see it coming somewhat. It seemed like they had decreased the random BI drops from the HEs earlier as I seemed to stopped getting them at a great rate probably 2 or 3 weeks into mod3. In Kessels they drop at a great rate which seemed to be a little much. And I figured the rate of getting the overload enchants wasn't really intended to be that great. Although I hope they increased the BI from the end chest to help compensate somewhat for this because it being a heroic skirmish you should always average to be greater in value than you can get in Dread Legion or Master Of the Hunt.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    RP from the BI enchants was the only reason to do Kessels.
  • Options
    smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I still can't equip my Black ice beholder with my Kessell's spheres of annihilation.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    aulduron wrote: »
    RP from the BI enchants was the only reason to do Kessels.

well, not quite...there was also the corrupt/purified accessories - something you needed if you wanted the "The Pure" or "The Corrupt" titles - but yeah - I expect KR to be a lot less popular now.
  • Options
    nwaurionnwaurion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited July 2014
    And another week without actual changes, especially bug fixes. Yeah okay, one or two really small no one really cared about, but the things people complain about all day - nothing. People get randomly disconnected, the Shard still gets stuck in terrain, PVP queue is stupid, the drops for BI gear are ridioulous, auction house search and sorting is tiresome or doesn't work, there's the "unconfirmed changes" bug that is not only annoying, but seems to have swallowed some skill points for some people, team leader gets changed randomly when joining instances, the team chat is not "current team", but specific for each team, so you have to switch channel to something else and back to team or it will tell something like "cannot find channel Teamid_Dragon27552023"...and maybe worst of all, the horrible lags and rubberbanding, especially in Icewind Dale. It's not about my connection, the servers connection, any node in between or any of the involved computers, it's simply Icewind Dale. Neverwinter loves lag, but IWD is special.

I also bet that there are some things that changed missing, for better or worse. There always are. Usually the later.

You could at least post "working on it" - if you're actually working on it.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    nwaurion wrote: »

My guess is that the resources that could be used on those issues are currently committed to Module 4 development - after all, they have a hard deadline for that - what we are seeing on the preview server still needs a lot of work, and I really, really expect them to be focusing on that right now.
  • Options
    marracenmarracen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What people aren't seeing that that enchants rank 5-7 are going to sky rocket, along with professions people and green and blue marks, when you buy a stack of keys and open boxes, you tend to get flooded with these items, thus selling them an turning a small profit, and keeping the AH loaded with them. Now that people won't be trading keys anymore, and, most likely, buying them as often, you'll seen the number of enchants dwindle and the price gougers will move in. 20.00 for 2k zen is laughable. They are only shooting thier own game in the foot by doing this.
  • Options
    nubc3ke7331nubc3ke7331 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Discussing Moderation is not allowed and neither are threats of quitting or any purveyance there-of. Read the Rules. ~Zeb
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Keys had evolved into a highly liquid universal game currency on their own, and all trades in keys bypassed the 10% AH fee.
    While barter-type trades still will happen, it is likely more of the trades will go through the AH now and drain AD from the economy.

This should reduce the supply of AD and help bring the amount of AD available for buying Zen down.

Whether it is enough to get the Zen/AD ratio back down into 'normal' range remains to see.

I think we need some attractive AD sinks in mod 4 to really bring the amount of AD in the economy down.
  • Options
    shamgar4shamgar4 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sell keys for ad. Make it more, like 100k ad for a key. But it would work. Its an impulse buy. And it would be better to buy em with zen so patient people would use the ZAX, and supporters would continue to buy zen.
  • Options
    rodrigomonteirorodrigomonteiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Pay to Win Arguments are not allowed, per the Rules of Conduct. ~Zeb
  • Options
    thenaabsthenaabs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I can clearly say this will not change anything on the black market the game, because I can say this as an influential person in the black market, I am owner of a fansite neverwinter in Brazil, started playing when we saw that it had no content on the game in our language I decided to make the site myself, and he did so successfully that successfully create groups on facebook, when we try to close a partnership with Arc to create promotions for players publicize the site to help everyone on the game, they rejected and turned back, for you do not know most things in the zen market are very expensive, at least for us brasilians, that income is very small, because I'm going to say move over 300 million astral diamonds on the site today I am one of the biggest sellers of Astral Diamond, I'm not here to advertise anything, most people prefer to buy the 1000x aD than zen simply because you can only refine 24k ad per day any of it ever breaks, another reason it is
    example: bank shared 700 Zen? , absurd
    Keys enchanted to at least get something that u pay only buying 50 keys, absurdity
    Ah true if the game really want to break the black market the only way is to regain market zen! this is my idea as it will be moving thousands of astral diamonds per month in the game where you can do anything!

***: Owner Neverwinter Brazil
  • Options
    contrarycanadian#8620 contrarycanadian Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    On another note, I do believe that all Zen Market items should be BoA, however, the cap on the ZAX should be removed so that people can sell their Zen at a rate that they are comfortable with.

I agree with the post that mentioned the items from lockboxes will go up, as well as the post that said enchantments and profession assets will go up in price. Both of these things are profitable to all users, but especially the F2P users.

Furthermore, I do believe the Rough AD refinement amount should be lifted. This way if someone wants to farm all day to obtain an item from the AH they can do so. As of right now people who rely on professions / farming salvage epics / drake seals, have no reason to stay online in the game after they have 24k Rough AD. I think if there was no limit, people would stay on the servers for a longer period of time, which is the goal of any MMO. And while this may cater more to F2P rather than P2P users, it is still very important to cater to F2P users as they make up the majority of your player base, and without them, the P2P players will be gone as well.

Summary:

Make all items from Zen Market BoA
    Remove ZAX cap
    Remove Rough AD refinement cap
  • Options
    ixothixoth Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nwaurion wrote: »
    And another week without actual changes, especially bug fixes. Yeah okay, one or two really small no one really cared about, but the things people complain about all day - nothing. People get randomly disconnected, the Shard still gets stuck in terrain, PVP queue is stupid, the drops for BI gear are ridioulous, auction house search and sorting is tiresome or doesn't work, there's the "unconfirmed changes" bug that is not only annoying, but seems to have swallowed some skill points for some people, team leader gets changed randomly when joining instances, the team chat is not "current team", but specific for each team, so you have to switch channel to something else and back to team or it will tell something like "cannot find channel Teamid_Dragon27552023"...and maybe worst of all, the horrible lags and rubberbanding, especially in Icewind Dale. It's not about my connection, the servers connection, any node in between or any of the involved computers, it's simply Icewind Dale. Neverwinter loves lag, but IWD is special.

I also bet that there are some things that changed missing, for better or worse. There always are. Usually the later.

I agree on these points - QFE
  • Options
    isammaxisammax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Items and Economy
    • Black Ice Enchantment drop quantities have been reduced from all places they drop (Heroic Encounters, Kessell's Retreat and in the Need for Mead quest. This also includes Corrupted and Purified enchantments from the final chest in Kessell's Retreat.

Why, just why? There is no point to farm nonepic heroic encounters now at all.
  • Options
    mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Keys as a currency is a hold over from Beta where they were being duped. The game wasn't designed to have keys be a main form of currency, so they fixed it. Doesn't really affect things as much as some folks thing. The sky is NOT falling.
  • Options
    guzwarguzwar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    fieminamor wrote: »
    This is my take on the change, as well. I have to think a lot of AH key purchases are impulse buys now - why else are people paying 80k (or more!) for something that costs under 57k using Zen? if ZAX remains constipated, I can see a lot of impulse buyers placing ZAX orders and then taking them down once the impulse changes to something else.

Under 57k using Zen means people are selling 1 Zen for around 456 AD. Granted I only poked my head into the exchange once or twice a week, but I've never seen it that low.
  • Options
    whoamireallywhoamireally Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    guzwar wrote: »
    Under 57k using Zen means people are selling 1 Zen for around 456 AD. Granted I only poked my head into the exchange once or twice a week, but I've never seen it that low.

He is basing his calculation off buying 10 keys for 1125 Zen, rather than 1 key for 125. The actual amount of AD in this transaction would be 56250 AD.
  • Options
    guzwarguzwar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Good point, thanks.
This discussion has been closed.