test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Scourge Warlock

Comments

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I posted this in the warlock pose thread but I thought about it and realized putting it here has a better chance of a dev seeing it for specific feedback. I like the warlock overall but think that tweaking the arms and pact blade as mentioned below will bring the quality way way up.

Just want to post up a quick video so that people can see the exacts.
    http://youtu.be/GlvgH3YQUFo

Standing idle: Not horrible but the arms are still kind of wide.

Out of Combat Run: Looks very bad, stiff legged with wide set arms like they have a hard time keeping their balance

In Combat Run: Not horrible. Your arms aren't way out, pact blade is huge though. A pact blade should be smaller than a gladius. I'd reduce the image size by 75%.

Sprint: Looks ok when it works right like it does in the video. When it doesn't though you get seizure inducing flashes.
  • graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited July 2014
    harnel wrote: »
    So, each and every other class has the ability to see their weapons when they're stowed, which irks me that we can't. If you're trying to come up with a place for the pact blade to sit, I suggest at the small of the back, just above where a tiefling tail would be. Here's an example image: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b283/pyranack/Sword_Lower_back_zps6cede671.jpg

I added the code that will display the Pact Blades sheathed just yesterday. Currently they are sheathed as longswords on your left hip.
  • ahsherahsher Member Posts: 208 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I've tried this but have been unsuccessful. Is anyone able to get Warlock to jump/dash without falling to the ground?
  • graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited July 2014
    Anyone from the DEV side confirm what's going to be the under garments for this class please?

Reason I ask is when i got my armour firstly it Said leather then Since then seems there all cloth items Im getting 'I think

Cant see it in Mail/Cloth or Leather crafting either

All of the Pants/Shirts from Leatherworking will be usable by Scourge Warlocks. At least they will be as soon as I do the Professions pass for Warlock.
  • harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    graalx3 wrote: »
    I added the code that will display the Pact Blades sheathed just yesterday. Currently they are sheathed as longswords on your left hip.

Oh hey, sweet! If you want to take my placement suggestion, by all means, but I won't be offended if you don't :P

I will say that drawing from the hip sounds like it'd be awkward for such an unwieldly weapon, which is why I recommended the lower back.
    All of the Pants/Shirts from Leatherworking will be usable by Scourge Warlocks. At least they will be as soon as I do the Professions pass for Warlock.
    This is good news. Several people were a bit concerned over whether the warlock was going to count for tailoring or leatherworking.
  • ameonneameonne Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bug: Feat - Offering to the prisoner
    DMG output is decreased for about 75% for 15s

SS:
    kzlAbr4.jpg
    udZQD3S.jpg
  • orodalforodalf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bug: Curse Bite and Warlock's Bargain
    Warlock's Bargain's tooltip indicates that it counts as an un-Consume-able Curse; however, when Warlock's Bargain is the only curse that is on an opponent, you will be unable to use Curse Bite: you will be told "Requires at least 1 Cursed target." However, when using Curse Bite with at least one other Curse inflicted, the target affected by Warlock's Bargain will count as a Curse and the monster that is affected by the Bargain will take damage from Curse Bite.

In short, Warlock's Bargain only counts as a Curse when it is not the only Curse.

Bug: Warlock's Bargain
    Warlock's Bargain gives no Action Points when used.

Bug: Blades of Vanquished Armies
    Blades of Vanquished Armies gives no Action Points when used. In addition, the tooltip is misleading: the Curse Synergy does not require Warlock's Curse specifically; any Curse will work.

Bug: Soul Puppet
    When the Soul Puppet attacks, you will be dismounted (because its attack counts as yours).

Bug: Epic PvP Sets
    Even at level 60, the 4/4 set bonuses on all Epic PvP Sets seem to give an extremely weak bonus, according to the tooltip. Slaughter Warlock reads "You deal 5 more damage against foes below 20% HP." The Profound sets say "You deal 9 more damage against foes below 20% HP." The Grim sets say "You deal 7.5 more damage against foes below 20% HP."

Please make it so that trying to summon another Soul Puppet while you already have one active fully restores the Health Points of your currently active Soul Puppet.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    orodalf wrote: »
    Bug: Epic PvP Sets
    Even at level 60, the 4/4 set bonuses on all Epic PvP Sets seem to give an extremely weak bonus, according to the tooltip. Slaughter Warlock reads "You deal 5 more damage against foes below 20% HP." The Profound sets say "You deal 9 more damage against foes below 20% HP." The Grim sets say "You deal 7.5 more damage against foes below 20% HP."

I guess it should've been 5%, 7.5% and 9%. Still, I think this is a very weak bonus, tiefling race gives you 5% more damage against targets below 50% health. This set bonus should be dramatically increased, or minimum health requirement should be raised.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • mrzombashmrzombash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Feat: Executioner's Gift deal 0 damage all time.
    Feat: Devastating critical doesnt increase critical severity
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I have 3 suggestion to fix puppet. All 3 are viable and not to powerfull.

1. Change Puppet to ranged stay always behind of SW and deal single target dmg on first two hit and aoe on last hit add on Soul Desecration feat .
    Can still have the current hp dps and the slow movment .Not too powerfull in pve because ranged adds can still kill him easy and in pvp he is just 1 hit.

2. Change Puppet to share they masters stats power bonus crit rate armor pen ls regen hp dmr deflect speed add on Soul Desecration feat.
    Not too powerfull in pve because he is still stupid walk in red no skills still will be slow and slow hitting single target weak dps . In pvp anyone will ignore it and the SW still need to kill at least 1 or mark one and hit it ( min 4 sec)ppl too summon it .

3. Change Puppet to immortal add on Soul Desecration feat.
    Not too powerfull in pve cuz he will have the same dmg speed attack speed +he is not immune to cc. Same on pvp.

PS:100% dmg feat give him not enug dps he is still hitting 400-500 crit dmg per hit
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • roksanalyasinroksanalyasin Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So far I am really enjoying the Scourge Warlock. I just have a few things to add in terms of feedback. I cannot recall any bugs so far but will continue to test.

I have noticed that the animations for walking seems to be quite jarring, as if some frames are missing.
    This is more an aesthetic issue that I have. I understand that this is a scourge warlock, but myself and a number of my friends who have been testing on the preview shard are really struggling to get past the walking animation for the warlock. I mean no disrespect to the people that design the classes, but I am really struggling to take the class seriously as the current animation makes it feel as though I'm playing a monkey not a warlock.

I have noticed that if you move at all when casting this encounter, even if by accident or to dodge, it doesn't cast but still initiates the full cooldown. I think this encounter would work better if it had a reduced cooldown if you have to dodge, as seen in the GWF encounter Takedown.
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Thanks !!! Odd though that a Spell caster would wear Leather isn't it ? Same goes for Sprint skill I think

Some Feedback on Skills as I've done all quests from 1-57

Class Features

Deadly Curse needs to be changed to Make Curse via Tab now a Proper dot, X amount ever 3 seconds for 20-30 seconds? or even make it a 3 second Stun When applied I.e

Rank 1 +1 second Stun
    Rank 2 +2 Second Stun
    Rank 3 + 1 Second stun

Dark Ones Blessing Healing Aspect needs to be increased by a Whole 100% if not 300% or perhaps Make it a Group Shared Currently when I kill a mob i get 240 HP healed at level 57

Encounters:

Harrow Storm

Needs to be longer duration, +1/+2 seconds per rank Damage is fine if used on a Strong Mob IF we can add an AOE effect to the Curse version that will Pull them all together and lift them into the air then make them Prone/Stunned for 2/3 seconds

Blades of Armies

Also could do with a +1/+2 second boost per rank and Damage Increase would be Advised by 15%

Infernal Spheres:

Should be like Wasps, Click the power to active then Click the power again when howevering over a target to DPS that target, Also could use a 15-20% increase per Sphere if each one is 400-479

Bug:

Dreadtheaft

Is some times against week adds doing 1 DPS per sec I.e 1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/ for the full duration unsure whats triggering it as Ive seen it from level 8 upwords Anyone had this ? normally the number goes quite high but some times it does a floating dps and shows only 1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1 and hardly takes and health off the enemy.
  • boltages3boltages3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Im really happy Warlock class is finaly out there, and so i rushed to test it.

I have been lvling up my Warlock slowly trough quests to really get into gameplay, and even if walking of a warlock really is funny and totally not into "class" itself, more proud and "dont mess with me" walk would be perfect for the theme.
    Running animation on other hand really is another story,those things hurt my brain badly. I would much rather have a shift teleport/blink/shadow step ability on warlock,than sprint that would make my eyes bleed.

Gamleplay itself does take some short time to get used too,but once done,it feels really powerful. I must say im enjoying playing Warlock a lot.

Only problem i had with skills,was Dreadtheft , cause moving and using skill as it is was really hard doable, so only solution that came to my mind,to make it max useful, was to keybind it to right mouse click (2nd at will place). That way it is really easy to move around and use the skill.

Soul Puppet - didnt get any big uses of it,but i look at it more of a bonus draggie that gives that little poke of dmg. Basically useless as it is, so for me Damnation tree isnt something i would choose. Unless Soul puppet gets some kind of a major dmg boost.

Infernal Spheres - I must say i love the animation, i love the idea, it is really something special and new. And totally suits the class. But sadly it is useless as well, those things are hard to control and that little poke they do does not make them worth of slotting.

Warlocks Curse - at first,it was really hard to keep track,as some ppl already mentioned here. But with longer gameplay of warlock it becomes your usual thing. Something you would just mix into your rotations, or by need. However faster animation would help a lot,cause its something that is being used in rotations,in between the skills.
    edited July 2014
    After pass lvl 30 SW die in all corner.
    After pass lvl 50 the Damnation patch can keep her hp and not die soo much .
    But the puppet die in every sec so its frustrating he dont deal any dmg max 800 dmg crit and die from every single aoe .
    Pass lvl 60 the puppet becomes a pain he die from last worm add . The damnation path become a Big pain you lose every single bonus every 15 sec and gain around 2 sec the full bonus of the path.

Both DPS and Support path is not playable they die too quick .
    PS:Lvl 60 i have on my SW around (+Perfect worpal + P Soul forge + Purple Cat) 7000 power 38k hp 32% crit rate 1600 LS 1200 regen +Purple pets .
    The SW have zero defense mech and die from weak mobs . I cant even imagine hou can they do IWD .
    The full class cannot do dmg cuz he die too fast and too many times even DC&GF "on live" is much more better DPS and live longer then SW .

PS: i used from the beginning rank 10 enchants . So i cant imgagine hou can somone lvl up whit this char in rank 3+ no aug pet.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Please change the way the Warlock walks and jumps: it looks to me as a ridiculous mix between a chimpanzee and a zombie.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Guys, they've already said (Devs/Producer) that they are looking into the Walk/Run Animation...

So let's focus on the actual mechanics of the class. Just some friendly advice mi amigos! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Deal 8% more damage while your Action Point gauge is full.

The way this class feature works doesn't provide a fluid experience, keeping the AP gauge full just for 8% more dmg instead of using the daily power might lead to a decrease in the DPS. What do you think about this? Each 10% AP is 0.8% dmg, 20% AP 1.6%, 50% is 4% and so on. In this way the SW dmg will increase according to the % of shown in the AP Gauge and not only when it's full.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • naomlnaoml Member Posts: 31
    edited July 2014
    I have been testing the SW for the last 3 days. Got to level 60 yesterday (Slaughter Warlock's set and weapon, full rank 10s, 3 artifacts, 5 companions, full Ioun stone, no boons though...), tested it a lot! Here is some bugs I found, the outcome of the tests I did and my personal opinion.

BUGS:
    Tyrannical Threat power:
    The output damage to other targets doesn't crit.

Dark Spiral Aura power:
    The power try to create a dark spiral even if there is one already, if you just spam the power you get => spiral, shot, spiral, shot, spiral, shot and so on.

Creeping Death feat:
    The narcotic damage doesn't crit.

Soul Puppet:
    - This guy have 0 crit chance.
    - This guy is not affected by player's weapon enhancement (seem reasonable it should).
    EDIT: Crit chance is determined when summoned, either 0 or 100%.

Wrong Loot:
    - Overall, a lot of items that I got from quests chests doesn't have a level requierment.
    - got this on level 40 quest => Tormentor's Tunic (11 AC, 527 armor pen, 271 defense and it's green lol). Sorry, but I don't remember which one exactly.

Questing (probablly not just for SW, but I didn't check other classes):
    Can't finish the quest-line in Neverdeath Graveyard and Whispering Caverns.

People already mentioned but they are important bugs so I will repeat:
    - randomly flickering lights while shadow sprinting.
    - armor pen not procs correctly with some powers.

1. Overall:

Firstly, it's really fun to play this class and I had a great time leveling to 60 :cool:. Also I really like that the 3 feat-line-options are very different in playstyle.

Secondly, The tests I did show that SW DPS is much inferior to other classes in PVE (after nerf of course).

I did 3min tests of hit-what-you-can on dummies and the highest DPS for SW was 1.8m! (tried couple of builds and p.vorpal/p.terror/gpf) That's low! btw, best one was vorpal+Damnation, suprisingly not Fury.
    CW & GWF do with this challenge 3m+ for 3min (in the preview at module 4).
    I guess that if crit chances and armor pen will fully work for every power it should be closer to 3m.

2. Couldn't test anything about PVP since queue system is still down... But I bet Temptation feat line is OP.

3. Soul Puppet:
    This is not practical in end-game as it survivability is low.
    The puppet dies very fast already against levels 55-60 mobs (with full Damnation feat line)... Epic dungeon's mobs will probablly 1 shot K.O it before it even hit back (again- no queue system).

IDEA: Change last Damnation feat so the puppet is connected to the player soul, you always have a puppet, when the puppet get hit - you get some % of the damage as it hits your soul. It can only die when you die.

DPS speaking, it did 90k in 1min to a dummy, doesn't crit though. Actually, not sure how to interpret that data yet.

Please don't create Soul Puppet just so we can add him to the list - "powers I have but never use".

tl;dr - SW is fun to play. But his DPS in PVE is currently inferior. Soul Puppet is not practical against end-game mobs.

Thank you for reading.
    - Sora.
  • orodalforodalf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    naoml wrote: »
    Soul Puppet:
    - This guy have 0 crit chance.
    - This guy is not affected by player's weapon enhancement (seem reasonable it should).

Actually, the Soul Puppet either has 0 crit chance or 100% crit chance, determined when summoned.
  • potatoegod97potatoegod97 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hey guys, this class looks absolutely amazing! However, when i first heard of the SW i thought more warlock and less vampire. now on second thought, the vampire is still awesome, but i would prefer a better walk animation. the way we walk looks like we are zombies, and leaves no room for respect one would probably give a warlock =P
    Other than that the rest of the class looks pretty fun, i like the curse mechanic.
    I will say, the first encounter we get, killing flames, does WAY more damage than the first daily we get, brood of hadar
    Thank you for your time
    Paetus Augustus
  • lostfire17lostfire17 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, so far I've only been able to play up to about level 13 (due to time constraints), but I have some feedback nonetheless:

First of all, the class seems really fun to play (so far, anyway xD) I really like the abilities I've used so far (For reference, I've unlocked the first two at wills, the first three encounters, and the lifesteal daily.)

I think enough has been said about the animations, so I won't mention them. However, the sprint, in my opinion, doesn't quite fit. I feel it's quite hard to survive anyway, and I would rather the warlock had some sort of dodge, rather than an engaging ability he doesn't need. I appreciate that the sprint gives DR and cc reduction, but it's not enough.

Instead of just another dodge mechanic, however, how about something a bit different. I was thinking perhaps not another teleport/roll, but instead a brief flicker of shadowy invulnerability, perhaps flavour it to be called Devil's favour, or something. Press shift, and become briefly invulnerable, as if teleporting/rolling, but without the movement. It would have to be timed precisely, like the HR's dodge, but I think it would encourage people to play tactically, which is never a bad thing.

Perhaps if you want to add to that somewhat, you could add that instead of being damaged, when in shadow form, the warlock is healed for a percentage of the damage he would have taken. Might be a little overpowered, but I feel the warlock badly needs more survivability.

Alternatively, if the sprint simply must be kept, maybe add a lifesteal effect, perhaps something like: Whenever you sprint, a tick of damage is dealt to cursed targets, and healing you for a given percentage of that damage. The damage could lessen the more your curses are spread out. The tick of damage happens once for every half stamina bar you use, i.e. if you sprint for your full bar it ticks twice.

Another idea that would be nice, but I'm unsure how exactly it could be implemented, is some kind of ritual/pact. The warlock has a pactblade, it would be nice if she could perform some kind of ritual. It would take a long time, and grant some kind of benefit, or a large amount of damage or aoe heal or something. I have no idea if that could really be implemented though.

Also, it would be nice if the warlock had more abilities that changed when in melee range - it's a pactblade, she might as well be able to hit things with it xD
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bug [Dreadtheft] + DoT Enchantment:

The final hit of Dreadtheft encounter removes the DoT effect of some enchantments. Tested with Perfect Bilethorn and Greater Plague Fire, where the delayed proc do not activate once Dreadtheft finishes.

http://youtu.be/XsgFI7pk3Y0 (P. Bile)
    http://youtu.be/NXFaSDroXro (GPF)
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Further testing on Tyrranical Lightning Storm (Tyrannical Threat):

The upgraded curse can be applied to more than 3 targets, improving the potential of the Lightning Enchantment combo by vast numbers. See attached ACT logs for damage dealt. On 4 targets (Dread Ring training dummies), total damage dealt is 154,765 solely coming from the combination of Tyrannical Curse and Lightning Enchantment loops.

Potential Stack Overflow:

If the cursed targets were to take damage during the combo, 30% (+20%) of that damage will be redirected in the same loop interaction. Damage will exponentially be increased in the upper hundred thousands. Additional targets could also be cursed to further exploit this interaction.

Not to mention, the way it burdens performance. After this attack, my friend and I cannot see the animation of certain powers, including the TAB mark until we have relogged.

Video: http://youtu.be/_B311iCASic
    ACT log:

original.png?1404648035
  • harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rustlord wrote: »
    Bug [Dreadtheft] + DoT Enchantment:

The final hit of Dreadtheft encounter removes the DoT effect of some enchantments. Tested with Perfect Bilethorn and Greater Plague Fire, where the delayed proc do not activate once Dreadtheft finishes.

http://youtu.be/XsgFI7pk3Y0 (P. Bile)
    http://youtu.be/NXFaSDroXro (GPF)

Dreadtheft consumes curses: I think it might be misreading some weapon enchantment effects as curses and using them for the consume effect
    edited July 2014
    Bug: Smoke bomb dispell all area effect SW skills
    edited July 2014
    Bug: Offering to the Prisoner
    This feat reduces your damage to 1/2/3/4/5% of your total damage after the cursed target is killed.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited July 2014

This power is a carbon copy from Champions Online ( Power Armor\ Power Beam ) . In CO that power has major targeting issues ( check the video at 6:56 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI4paf_ELfo ) I hope its not the same case in NWV. It roots you and thats bad enough we dont it to miss too

Another useless power for a SW in PVP
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    emilemo wrote: »

This power is a carbon copy from Champions Online ( Power Armor\ Power Beam ) . In CO that power has major targeting issues ( check the video at 6:56 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI4paf_ELfo ) I hope its not the same case in NWV. It roots you and thats bad enough we dont it to miss too

Another useless power for a SW in PVP

After using it from since its obtained to lvl 60, it doesn't have that issue @6:56 in the video. As long as nothing is blocking the view (like a giant rock or something that blocks any attack that needs line of sight), it hits anything that is in that direction, even if it is completely underneath you and hits everything in its path (don't know if it has a target cap or not though, never tested). You can also move while using the attack, but since you have to hold down the button for the entire duration (if you want to keep using it) its very awkward at first and its hard to change walking direction with how I have my key bindings setup.
    edited July 2014
    Bug: Soul Puppet
    It dismounts you when your summoned Soul Puppet takes enough hits or damage. In other words, the game registers the Soul Puppet as a player himself, and damage taken by the Soul Puppet dismounts the player that has summoned it.
  • hitmarkhitmark Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bug: Dreadtheft+Hand of Blight
    Sometimes when i trigger Dreadtheft while in the middle of a Hand of Blight melee chain, the Dreadtheft stream shoots off in odd directions. Likely because it fails to reposition the palm of the model, and the second blow of the Hand of Blight melee is a backhand slap.

I find that i have less trouble getting through the content on the SW than i did with my CW back when the game launched. Could be because SW is pretty much DPS with variants while the CW branches off into control.